Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Wales Sports” Media Watch 11:14 - Jan 4 with 2462 viewsBrynmill_Jack

May as well keep an eye on it. Good coverage on the WM and some nice mentions of our style and success on Call Rob. BBC Wales “news magazine” programme’s sports bulletin - just the darts and some PL news but no mention of the Swans.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 11:42 - Jan 4 with 1943 viewsonehunglow

Ste.Long since quite watching this cradiff based drivel.

Cardiff will always be their only focus of interest and we will always feel rather indignant and rightly so.

I tried to PM with HNY wishes but sadly you have me on ignore so I will still wish you all good things for this 2021 year

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 17:58 - Jan 4 with 1844 viewsbritferry

their game getting called off was the main football news on Saturday on BBC Wales

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 18:01 - Jan 4 with 1841 viewsThornburyswan

Might be just me but I couldn’t give two f***s about the media coverage.
“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 09:46 - Jan 5 with 1733 viewsBrynmill_Jack

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 18:01 - Jan 4 by Thornburyswan

Well that’s fine. What I’m trying to point out here is the absolute joke that our so called “National Sports Media is and how small minded, parochial and biased it is.

They blatantly ignore our club when it’s surpassing all expectations and looking good for promotion but it hurts them so much they would rather focus on the second club in Wales having their match called off! They should be outed as a standing joke in the uk. Can you imagine this happening anywhere else??

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 09:48 - Jan 5 with 1725 viewsfelixstowe_jack

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 09:46 - Jan 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Well that’s fine. What I’m trying to point out here is the absolute joke that our so called “National Sports Media is and how small minded, parochial and biased it is.

They blatantly ignore our club when it’s surpassing all expectations and looking good for promotion but it hurts them so much they would rather focus on the second club in Wales having their match called off! They should be outed as a standing joke in the uk. Can you imagine this happening anywhere else??

No mention of football at all on Monday's 630 news, just darts which is fair . Must be hard for the programme editor to show our goals.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 10:50 - Jan 5 with 1693 viewsThornburyswan

Understand your point & agree it is a valid one - just not one that grinds my beans, their business their call on it for me - suspect something similar happens in Scotland when a team other than Rangers or Celtic is doing well.
“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 11:13 - Jan 5 with 1682 viewsonehunglow

In our region lies some of the biggest clubs so there is some excuse not mentioning the likes of Rochdale or Tranmere but with only 3 Welsh clubs ,it is unforgivable and clearly insulting,wheher people feel that way or not.It should not be happening. Just as well though as what I have seen is appalling amateurism

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 13:19 - Jan 5 with 1633 viewsDr_Winston

We've always had better coverage from the national media, Sky especially. Why people care what tinpot local rags full of second rate hacks who can't get jobs at big newspapers think I have no idea.

The BBC's inherent bias given their licence fee funded status is more of an issue, but they're usually too obsessed with Rugby to care all that much about football anyway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 13:26 - Jan 5 with 1632 viewsWhiterockin

The BBC bias towards Cardiff is only helping to inflate their supporters ego, in the long run detrimental to them trying to move forward.
“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 13:27 - Jan 5 with 1632 viewsReslovenSwan1

Its a matter of footage. Quest and Sky have the footage rights . BBC Wales do not have the rights to show footage. What are you complaining about. Missing out on this statement?.

"Swansea cty beat Watford two one with two goals from Lowe to stay 2nd in the Championship"

Wise sage since Toshack era

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 06:32 - Jan 7 with 1516 viewsBrynmill_Jack

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 13:27 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Its a matter of footage. Quest and Sky have the footage rights . BBC Wales do not have the rights to show footage. What are you complaining about. Missing out on this statement?.

"Swansea cty beat Watford two one with two goals from Lowe to stay 2nd in the Championship"

Was that statement made on BBC Wales TV ?
I was referring to the Monday morning sports bulletin on Radio Wales which had no mention at all, only about Premier League results , a mention of the Pro 14 results and of course Gerwyn Price being darts world champion.

It’s more to do with BBC Wales Sport in particular pretending to be a local radio station for Cardiff - when it’s funded for the whole of Wales to be covered. I mean, if that’s ok with you?

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 12:17 - Jan 7 with 1451 viewsReslovenSwan1

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 06:32 - Jan 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Was that statement made on BBC Wales TV ?
I was referring to the Monday morning sports bulletin on Radio Wales which had no mention at all, only about Premier League results , a mention of the Pro 14 results and of course Gerwyn Price being darts world champion.

It’s more to do with BBC Wales Sport in particular pretending to be a local radio station for Cardiff - when it’s funded for the whole of Wales to be covered. I mean, if that’s ok with you?

I never bother with this drivel. Football fans of a certain ilk tend to be a little 'precious' about these extremely minor slights. People have been going on about Western Mail but there is at least equal coverage of Swansea and Cardiff.

There is alway a queue of Welsh people running down WoL, BBC Wales, WAG it just what they do. North Wales may have a case.

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 17:17 - Jan 7 with 1385 viewsonehunglow

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 12:17 - Jan 7 by ReslovenSwan1

I never bother with this drivel. Football fans of a certain ilk tend to be a little 'precious' about these extremely minor slights. People have been going on about Western Mail but there is at least equal coverage of Swansea and Cardiff.

There is alway a queue of Welsh people running down WoL, BBC Wales, WAG it just what they do. North Wales may have a case.

But BBC Wales ha a plethora of welsh speakers which the Gogs like.It means they can get to know all that is happening in the Capital as they tend to their sheep and Alpacas

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 14:13 - Jan 9 with 1320 viewsBrynmill_Jack

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 12:17 - Jan 7 by ReslovenSwan1

WOL have been pretty complimentary actually. You’ve already said you aren’t bothered - you can shut up now.

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 17:13 - Jan 9 with 1284 viewsfelixstowe_jack

To be fair the WOL line site is a combined site for the Western mail and the South Wales Evening Post both titles being owned by the same company media Wales part of the reach group.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 09:55 - Jan 25 with 1172 viewsBrynmill_Jack

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 13:19 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

We've always had better coverage from the national media, Sky especially. Why people care what tinpot local rags full of second rate hacks who can't get jobs at big newspapers think I have no idea.

The BBC's inherent bias given their licence fee funded status is more of an issue, but they're usually too obsessed with Rugby to care all that much about football anyway.

BBC Radio “Wales” sports bulletin - WAG money going to support Rugby more than anything else and FA Cup review - of Man United vs Liverpool 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 10:40 - Jan 25 with 1109 viewsWhiterockin

I eagerly await the word relegation battle.
“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 10:43 - Jan 25 with 1096 viewsCatullus

I've long since stop worrying about it. I watch Sky sports news or look online. The Welsh sports news is rubbish.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 11:46 - Jan 25 with 1062 viewsBoundy

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 09:55 - Jan 25 by Brynmill_Jack

BBC Radio “Wales” sports bulletin - WAG money going to support Rugby more than anything else and FA Cup review - of Man United vs Liverpool 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Never mind wecan read reams of pages when Big Mick gets his first win . Me I'm comfortable in the knowledge that they dislike us that much to ignore us ,which means we are doing something right.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 11:52 - Jan 25 with 1051 viewsReslovenSwan1

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 18:01 - Jan 4 by Thornburyswan

When you are a whinger you need something to whinge about. If there is nothing to whinge about you invent something. Life is tough for a whinger when things are going well.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 11:54]

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 11:53 - Jan 25 with 1050 viewsBrynmill_Jack

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 11:46 - Jan 25 by Boundy

Never mind wecan read reams of pages when Big Mick gets his first win . Me I'm comfortable in the knowledge that they dislike us that much to ignore us ,which means we are doing something right.

I agree. Most impressively of all is the way they’ve hijacked the uk public tv platform to suppress news of local more successful teams 😹😹😹

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 11:57 - Jan 25 with 1037 viewsonehunglow

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 11:52 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

When you are a whinger you need something to whinge about. If there is nothing to whinge about you invent something. Life is tough for a whinger when things are going well.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 11:54]

Not really. Not really at all.

Depends how you see whinging.

I can tell you that you are guilty of that.

We all are

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 14:00 - Jan 25 with 982 viewsPrivate_Partz

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 13:26 - Jan 5 by Whiterockin

The BBC bias towards Cardiff is only helping to inflate their supporters ego, in the long run detrimental to them trying to move forward.

A very good point and one that I have subscribed to for many years.
It spreads beyond just sport and gives all those living in greater Cardiff a sense of superiority over the rest of the nation.
The delusional self entitlement has been developed by the Cardiff based and biased media over the decades.
It holds the rest of Wales back and actually is detrimental to Cardiff as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 20:30 - Jan 25 with 886 viewsBrynmill_Jack

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 14:00 - Jan 25 by Private_Partz

A very good point and one that I have subscribed to for many years.
It spreads beyond just sport and gives all those living in greater Cardiff a sense of superiority over the rest of the nation.
The delusional self entitlement has been developed by the Cardiff based and biased media over the decades.
It holds the rest of Wales back and actually is detrimental to Cardiff as well.

I agree - though not even mentioning us this season is really showing just how petty and hateful they are towards us. If they went out of business BBC Wales would pretend football didn’t exist .

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 20:33 - Jan 25 with 877 viewsonehunglow

“Wales Sports” Media Watch on 20:30 - Jan 25 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree - though not even mentioning us this season is really showing just how petty and hateful they are towards us. If they went out of business BBC Wales would pretend football didn’t exist .

and this is my point Ste, as regards both their coverage and that appalling coverage of our game. It is indefensible.
We are on the cusp of a possible remarkable season and it should be manna for journos. Yet,it seems pure puerile spite rules at Cardiff TV.

I was actually hoping 8 years ago we would have our own TV channel.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024