Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Academy Director 11:07 - Jan 11 with 2149 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mark Allen - been with Man City and Rangers - sounds like a good appointment.

Mark Allen appointed Swansea City's academy director

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New Academy Director on 11:18 - Jan 11 with 2133 viewsKeithHaynes

Progressing in the right direction with this for sure, Rory Fallon loving his role too.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New Academy Director on 11:22 - Jan 11 with 2122 views34dfgdf54

We seem to be being run better than alot of us give credit for truth being told.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 11:22]
New Academy Director on 11:25 - Jan 11 with 2108 viewsItchySphincter

Is Trundle involved with the youngsters, and if not, why not? I know he goes to the community sessions that my boys go to but does he have any interest in coaching? All the kids should be shown videos of Trundle on a 24-7 rotation and he should be working with them, purely for the joy of football.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New Academy Director on 11:45 - Jan 11 with 2075 viewsHighjack

New Academy Director on 11:25 - Jan 11 by ItchySphincter

Is Trundle involved with the youngsters, and if not, why not? I know he goes to the community sessions that my boys go to but does he have any interest in coaching? All the kids should be shown videos of Trundle on a 24-7 rotation and he should be working with them, purely for the joy of football.

If trundle came through today the first thing he’d have drummed into him is “less of the tricks son”. Coaches don’t like that sort of thing even if the fans love it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New Academy Director on 11:51 - Jan 11 with 2071 viewsReslovenSwan1

New Academy Director on 11:22 - Jan 11 by 34dfgdf54

We seem to be being run better than alot of us give credit for truth being told.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 11:22]

I have never been in any doubt.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New Academy Director on 11:52 - Jan 11 with 2068 views34dfgdf54

Your boys any good itch?

If one of them is a centre half he may need to take his boots for Saturday.
New Academy Director on 12:01 - Jan 11 with 2048 viewsItchySphincter

New Academy Director on 11:52 - Jan 11 by 34dfgdf54

Your boys any good itch?

If one of them is a centre half he may need to take his boots for Saturday.

No, not really, decent tryers, better than their father. They just go to the Swans camps in the holidays.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New Academy Director on 12:19 - Jan 11 with 2018 viewsDr_Winston

Community sessions are probably the best place for him. Think we'd lose something if he moved away from there. Seems the ideal role for someone with his personality.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

New Academy Director on 13:31 - Jan 11 with 1954 views34dfgdf54

New Academy Director on 11:45 - Jan 11 by Highjack

If trundle came through today the first thing he’d have drummed into him is “less of the tricks son”. Coaches don’t like that sort of thing even if the fans love it.

Trundle seems to love the long ball aswell if his commentary is anything to go by.

But yeah he strikes me as the type to be really good with the kids who are just starting out, legend is the Trunds.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 13:38]
New Academy Director on 13:37 - Jan 11 with 1942 viewsDr_Winston

New Academy Director on 13:31 - Jan 11 by 34dfgdf54

Trundle seems to love the long ball aswell if his commentary is anything to go by.

But yeah he strikes me as the type to be really good with the kids who are just starting out, legend is the Trunds.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 13:38]

I wouldn't say that. Think he just likes us to attack with a bit more pace and intent, which is understandable sometimes, especially early season.

I wouldn't necessarily use him as some kind of benchmark to aspire to though. Great skills and flamboyance but completely one footed and ultimately lacking against better quality players. Fine for capturing the imagination of the little kiddies but the older ones would need more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Academy Director on 13:53 - Jan 11 with 1911 viewsvetchonian

New Academy Director on 13:37 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

I wouldn't say that. Think he just likes us to attack with a bit more pace and intent, which is understandable sometimes, especially early season.

I wouldn't necessarily use him as some kind of benchmark to aspire to though. Great skills and flamboyance but completely one footed and ultimately lacking against better quality players. Fine for capturing the imagination of the little kiddies but the older ones would need more.

and never established himself above league 1 but still an exciting player at his level and he contributed to our rise

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

New Academy Director on 13:57 - Jan 11 with 1904 viewsBoundy

Trundle was / is unique and his talents were not coached into him. As great as he was to watch he was show boater which in its self not a bad thing but not really what a Club would like to develop in fact too many kids certainly when i was watching the development sides were not encouraged to be an individual

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

New Academy Director on 14:36 - Jan 11 with 1856 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New Academy Director on 13:57 - Jan 11 by Boundy

Trundle was / is unique and his talents were not coached into him. As great as he was to watch he was show boater which in its self not a bad thing but not really what a Club would like to develop in fact too many kids certainly when i was watching the development sides were not encouraged to be an individual

Trundle is one of those players who had natural talent and enthusiasm and that will inspire kids alright. His most important contribution could be to encourage the youngsters to display their individuality on the pitch and express themselves - and also to enjoy every minute of being a football player. I like listening him commentate as he still has that love for the game (and just as importantly the Swans).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New Academy Director on 15:30 - Jan 11 with 1808 viewsReslovenSwan1

I wonder who has been working with Lowe on his finishing over the last few months. Cooper said they were converting him to be a central striker. Presumbly has a one on one mentor to fullfill this aim.

Lowe actually score a lot of goals at Portsmouth but only 5 last season as a winger alongside Keiffer Moore and the young lad that went to Leeds. Levels I suppose as Brewster and McBurney are finding out.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 15:31]

New Academy Director on 03:25 - Jan 12 with 1630 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't think Lee Trundle is a good example for the club's youth players to follow.

He spent much (if not all) of his career out of shape and was once arrested for actions he took on a football pitch.

By all means have him attend community events and kiss babies, but unless he has an obvious ability to coach, we don't need another former player being given a coaching role without actually earning such a prestigious job.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New Academy Director on 10:47 - Jan 12 with 1556 viewsBoundy

New Academy Director on 03:25 - Jan 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't think Lee Trundle is a good example for the club's youth players to follow.

He spent much (if not all) of his career out of shape and was once arrested for actions he took on a football pitch.

By all means have him attend community events and kiss babies, but unless he has an obvious ability to coach, we don't need another former player being given a coaching role without actually earning such a prestigious job.

It would appear being a wife cheating low life is no barrier to progression , who's Derbys manager right now . I don't think Trundles in the same category do you ?

New Academy Director on 11:46 - Jan 12 with 1529 viewsKilkennyjack

Good luck Mr Allen.

Seems a positive appointment given he was not born in the SA postcode area and has meaningful experiance of the football world outside of Swansea City.

Just saying ...

Beware of the Risen People

New Academy Director on 14:16 - Jan 12 with 1471 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New Academy Director on 10:47 - Jan 12 by Boundy

It would appear being a wife cheating low life is no barrier to progression , who's Derbys manager right now . I don't think Trundles in the same category do you ?

Wayne Rooney is widely regarded as one of the most intelligent football players of his generation, with the likes of Iniesta and Xavi stating he would have walked into their team when Barcelona were at their peak.

He clearly has a huge amount of knowledge he could pass on to young footballers.

Lee Trundle was a lower league celebrity who is the ideal candidate for coaches to use as an example of how to waste your potential.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New Academy Director on 14:57 - Jan 12 with 1437 viewsswancity

New Academy Director on 14:16 - Jan 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wayne Rooney is widely regarded as one of the most intelligent football players of his generation, with the likes of Iniesta and Xavi stating he would have walked into their team when Barcelona were at their peak.

He clearly has a huge amount of knowledge he could pass on to young footballers.

Lee Trundle was a lower league celebrity who is the ideal candidate for coaches to use as an example of how to waste your potential.

Wayne Rooney - intelligent footballer ? 😂

You mean a good football brain.

Your comments re Trundle are wide of the mark too. Obviously a wind up. At 44 years old he was still starring in Welsh League and Cup games last season, still putting so much back in to the game that he loves. And yes I know the standard is way below the EFL before you say it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

New Academy Director on 15:19 - Jan 12 with 1418 viewsonehunglow

Im not sure a player's character away from his place of work bothers me that much.It's not a if we are playing in the Southern Baptist Union Football League is it.

I would not want a born again praise Jesus pillar of society player if he was shyte .

Rooney is hammered on this site as he is

1.A scouser

2.Multi millionaire and

3. Previous for interludes with much older women...

Just what are we .

He was an outstanding player of his generation and had he been a Swansea boy he would have been defended to the hilt even if he had gone through a whole army of Grannies, and anyway,what is the matter with the older woman.

Hypocrisy again.innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New Academy Director on 15:54 - Jan 12 with 1403 viewsBoundy

New Academy Director on 15:19 - Jan 12 by onehunglow

Im not sure a player's character away from his place of work bothers me that much.It's not a if we are playing in the Southern Baptist Union Football League is it.

I would not want a born again praise Jesus pillar of society player if he was shyte .

Rooney is hammered on this site as he is

1.A scouser

2.Multi millionaire and

3. Previous for interludes with much older women...

Just what are we .

He was an outstanding player of his generation and had he been a Swansea boy he would have been defended to the hilt even if he had gone through a whole army of Grannies, and anyway,what is the matter with the older woman.

Hypocrisy again.innit

DYSS post was presenting an example as to why Trundle is not a good role model , I presented a counter argument , no hypocrites were harmed in the exchange of views .

New Academy Director on 17:44 - Jan 13 with 1322 viewsPrivate_Partz

New Academy Director on 13:37 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

I am always impressed by Trundles knowledge of the game when he is on Swans TV.
Could easily make an attacking coach. Showboating? Why not? He used his tricks to beat his man or score spectacular goals. One shoulder roll was about it as pure showboat.
He would have loads of tricks to pass on and would get us shooting on sight.
Will never agree that he failed a Championship level. He went to the wrong club then the sands of time caught up.
One footed? So what? There are plenty of those about playing at the highest level.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New Academy Director on 18:12 - Jan 13 with 1300 viewsReslovenSwan1

New Academy Director on 17:44 - Jan 13 by Private_Partz

I am always impressed by Trundles knowledge of the game when he is on Swans TV.
Could easily make an attacking coach. Showboating? Why not? He used his tricks to beat his man or score spectacular goals. One shoulder roll was about it as pure showboat.
He would have loads of tricks to pass on and would get us shooting on sight.
Will never agree that he failed a Championship level. He went to the wrong club then the sands of time caught up.
One footed? So what? There are plenty of those about playing at the highest level.

I do not recall Trundle ever making a showboating error costing Swansea a goal or a match. Obviously losing possession at PL level is much more serious than at L1/ L2 level. Im sure he garnered more than a few booking and sending offs. I alway wanted Swansea to buy Delefeou in the Premier league. A more athletic version of LT10.

New Academy Director on 22:35 - Jan 14 with 1217 viewsAndyCole

New Academy Director on 14:16 - Jan 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rooney is, and justifiably so. Scholes too.

It's all about the top two inches, as they say. In all walks of life.

For the academics and faux intellectuals, get your thinking caps on.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/22/what-is-football-intelligence-c

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024