Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cymrophobia 22:23 - Jan 12 with 11250 viewsNortbankboy

There's a lot about these days.
Cymrophobia on 22:20 - Jan 22 with 444 viewsGwyn737

Cymrophobia on 14:39 - Jan 22 by exhmrc1

There is little doubt that most of the drugs in Wales come from Liverpool. That doesnt mean everyone form Liverpool is bad but it is fact.

Very few Welsh speakers try to stop people speaking English. There were some in the 70s but it doesnt happen today and that is coming from someone living in a traditional Welsh village.

There maybe a few in North West Wales but generally most Welsh speakers dont try to stop people conversing in English.

As far as anti English it is certainly true of sport and possibly politics. I had a very close friend who was English and many of us treated him as one of us.

And again 👍
Cymrophobia on 23:20 - Jan 22 with 418 viewscontroversial_jack

Most comes in from London and Birmingham
Cymrophobia on 23:37 - Jan 22 with 418 viewsjack_lord

Cymrophobia on 14:39 - Jan 22 by exhmrc1

There is little doubt that most of the drugs in Wales come from Liverpool. That doesnt mean everyone form Liverpool is bad but it is fact.

Very few Welsh speakers try to stop people speaking English. There were some in the 70s but it doesnt happen today and that is coming from someone living in a traditional Welsh village.

There maybe a few in North West Wales but generally most Welsh speakers dont try to stop people conversing in English.

As far as anti English it is certainly true of sport and possibly politics. I had a very close friend who was English and many of us treated him as one of us.

One of my long time friends, born in England with English parents, lives in Trebanos. His family were welcomed when they moved to our village/town in the mid 1970's. He has experienced a lot in his life and through these he now supports Wales and has a feeling of resentment towards his own homeland as he experienced anti Welsh sentiment when he moved back to and lived in England for work. as a young adult. So much bad feeling that he moved back here where he will probably stay till his heart gives up. I still find it strange seeing him in a Welsh rugby jersey but it just goes to show that the the narrative isn't exactly so.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cymrophobia on 23:50 - Jan 22 with 416 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 23:37 - Jan 22 by jack_lord

One of my long time friends, born in England with English parents, lives in Trebanos. His family were welcomed when they moved to our village/town in the mid 1970's. He has experienced a lot in his life and through these he now supports Wales and has a feeling of resentment towards his own homeland as he experienced anti Welsh sentiment when he moved back to and lived in England for work. as a young adult. So much bad feeling that he moved back here where he will probably stay till his heart gives up. I still find it strange seeing him in a Welsh rugby jersey but it just goes to show that the the narrative isn't exactly so.

I worked on relief in Birmingham and was told there were 7 times more people than sheep in Wales and someone saying Ba every time they went past. The others were embarrassed and there were some really good people there. Good and bad everywhere and English and other nationalities have been made welcome in Trebanos and many dont want to move back. Sharples and Clarkie have lived here for donkeys years.
Cymrophobia on 10:55 - Jan 23 with 362 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 23:50 - Jan 22 by exhmrc1

I worked on relief in Birmingham and was told there were 7 times more people than sheep in Wales and someone saying Ba every time they went past. The others were embarrassed and there were some really good people there. Good and bad everywhere and English and other nationalities have been made welcome in Trebanos and many dont want to move back. Sharples and Clarkie have lived here for donkeys years.

It's also the case Liverpool is/was more welcoming of immigrants than anywhere else.
On the other hand,the mot racist city,accordingly to Chris Amoo of The Real Thing.

We comment from personal experience and Ive worked in many places when I had a stronger welsh accent.On my life,I received no crap whatsoever for being welsh.
Moreover,I worked with a detective from Penygroes,natural full on welsh speaker who did 30 yrs service.I contacted him regarding this God forsaken thead and he also reported zero insult/abuse even when interviewing people under pressure and at time of "threat".

His accent was much thicker than yours Jase.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cymrophobia on 11:22 - Jan 23 with 355 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 10:55 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

It's also the case Liverpool is/was more welcoming of immigrants than anywhere else.
On the other hand,the mot racist city,accordingly to Chris Amoo of The Real Thing.

We comment from personal experience and Ive worked in many places when I had a stronger welsh accent.On my life,I received no crap whatsoever for being welsh.
Moreover,I worked with a detective from Penygroes,natural full on welsh speaker who did 30 yrs service.I contacted him regarding this God forsaken thead and he also reported zero insult/abuse even when interviewing people under pressure and at time of "threat".

His accent was much thicker than yours Jase.

The truth is most people are welcomed here. Jason has posted exactly how it really is. There are many who have come to Trebanos and still living here 30, 40 or even 50 years later.

One came from Liverpool lived her for over 50 years before he passed away.
Another came from Yorkshire god knows how many years ago and is still living here.

In addition there are people who have come from abroad.

Justin Tipuric's grandfather moved into a house here in the early 1960s. He passed away in his early 90s a few years ago.

All were treated just like anybody else. Justin's father and brother and sister all learned Welsh in the local school. There wasnt any problem in that. They were just like everybody else.

This thing in your head about about anti English or the Welsh language is a nonsense. People get on perfectly well whether they are born here or move in from elsewhere. The only problem is the likes of you and others who make an issue about the Welsh language.
Cymrophobia on 11:59 - Jan 23 with 339 viewsonehunglow

This thread could run and run and this song is aposite.

Cymrophobia on 12:06 - Jan 23 with 327 viewsCatullus

I have a friend who is from Lincoln..around there somewhere...he moved to Swansea years back, maried a Welsh girl.

Me and him usually engage in a bit of Wales/England banter, it's never nasty, it's how it should be.
The Swans are his second team now (wife is a proper supporter) and he's had no trouble for being English, that I know of.

There will always be sporting banter between countries, I reckon. There will always be idiots who take it seriously too. Thye are the tiny minority though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Cymrophobia on 12:47 - Jan 23 with 315 viewsonehunglow

Just as well I am ardently agnostic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024