Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cymrophobia 22:23 - Jan 12 with 11268 viewsNortbankboy

There's a lot about these days.
Cymrophobia on 14:40 - Jan 19 with 845 viewstrampie

Cymrophobia on 14:38 - Jan 19 by Boundy

Happy and I'm smiling
Walk a mile to drink your water
You know I'd love to love you
And above you there's no other
We'll go walking out
While others shout of war's disaster
Oh, we won't give in
Let's go living in the past
Once I used to join in
Every boy and girl was my friend
Now there's revolution, but they don't know
What they're fighting
Let us close our eyes
Outside their lives go on much faster
Oh, we won't give in
We'll keep living in the past
Oh, we won't give in
Oh no, no we won't give in

Natural order of things returning.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cymrophobia on 14:50 - Jan 19 with 831 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 14:40 - Jan 19 by trampie

Natural order of things returning.

Only in La La land

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cymrophobia on 14:56 - Jan 19 with 824 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 14:50 - Jan 19 by Boundy

Only in La La land

Can you imagine how England based wans fans feel if they were read this appalling thread of hate .Biting the hand that feeds doesn't come close.

Imagine fans living ,working in England and having kids both born or /and bred in a country that is subject to this bollox .One would expect it of a nation that is truly an enemy.

How do you explain to an English wife,son/daughter this is "banter" or not meant as a perjorative to English people. "ive nothing against the English" -is horseshyte.

Right now,my skin is crawling and I feel ashamed my birth certificate show birthplace as Gower. We really are netter than this,aren't we.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cymrophobia on 14:58 - Jan 19 with 821 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 14:29 - Jan 19 by Catullus

What is interesting is the primary notivation for 23% of their new cistomers, school. The current rise in Welsh speakers is because ALL school kids have to learn it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Wales

There are 11 secondary schools in Swansea and the two Welsh secondary, so they make up one sixth of the schools. With all stae schools now teaching compulsory Welsh those Welsh schools may become irrelevant?

They arent becoming irrelevant. They are increasing. There is a new very large primary currently being built in Llangyfelach. It is only a couple of years ago that the new comp opened in Baglan.

2019 Earlier this month the official opening took place of the £19 million new Welsh medium secondary school in the town — Ysgol Bro Dur.

It currently has 200 pupils but will eventually accommodate up to 650 pupils aged 11 to 16.

Some clearly want it whatever you say.
Cymrophobia on 15:10 - Jan 19 with 809 viewstrampie

Dare I say it, the more upwardly mobile types I know seem to be clambering to send their children to such schools these days.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cymrophobia on 15:20 - Jan 19 with 798 viewslifelong

Cymrophobia on 14:56 - Jan 19 by onehunglow

Can you imagine how England based wans fans feel if they were read this appalling thread of hate .Biting the hand that feeds doesn't come close.

Imagine fans living ,working in England and having kids both born or /and bred in a country that is subject to this bollox .One would expect it of a nation that is truly an enemy.

How do you explain to an English wife,son/daughter this is "banter" or not meant as a perjorative to English people. "ive nothing against the English" -is horseshyte.

Right now,my skin is crawling and I feel ashamed my birth certificate show birthplace as Gower. We really are netter than this,aren't we.

You give it out all day but you just can’t take it back.
Cymrophobia on 15:26 - Jan 19 with 791 viewstrampie

There are lots of snowflakes about.

Cymrophobia on 16:00 - Jan 19 with 789 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 14:58 - Jan 19 by exhmrc1

They arent becoming irrelevant. They are increasing. There is a new very large primary currently being built in Llangyfelach. It is only a couple of years ago that the new comp opened in Baglan.

2019 Earlier this month the official opening took place of the £19 million new Welsh medium secondary school in the town — Ysgol Bro Dur.

It currently has 200 pupils but will eventually accommodate up to 650 pupils aged 11 to 16.

Some clearly want it whatever you say.

An some don't.
Wonder if the pupils are asked away from the pressure of parents seeing Welsh as cool ,as per many areas in north Cardiff.

Login to get fewer ads

Cymrophobia on 16:21 - Jan 19 with 776 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 16:00 - Jan 19 by onehunglow

An some don't.
Wonder if the pupils are asked away from the pressure of parents seeing Welsh as cool ,as per many areas in north Cardiff.

Surely everybody should have the choice whether they want Welsh Education or not and there is absolutely no doubt many are parents voting for it. Parents make decisions on a child education continually. Didnt you and your wife make that choice for yours.

As far as the Welsh language is concerned as far as I am concerned it is up to the individual. I have friends who are first language Welsh speakers and also friends who dont speak it. It doesnt cause any problem. The only issue I have come across was an English woman I worked with who tried to prevent 2 Welsh speakers speak to each other in Welsh. Would she have done that to 2 muslims.

It really isnt an issue. If someone wants to speak Welsh they should be allowed to do so. If they dont then they dont have to.

A boy I was in school with went to the local Welsh comp. I didnt. He ended up doing missionary work in Liverpool as a long time member of Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
Cymrophobia on 21:01 - Jan 19 with 713 viewsKilkennyjack

Cymrophobia on 14:38 - Jan 19 by Boundy

Happy and I'm smiling
Walk a mile to drink your water
You know I'd love to love you
And above you there's no other
We'll go walking out
While others shout of war's disaster
Oh, we won't give in
Once I used to join in
Every boy and girl was my friend
Now there's revolution, but they don't know
What they're fighting
Let us close our eyes
Outside their lives go on much faster
Oh, we won't give in
We'll keep living in the past
Oh, we won't give in
Oh no, no we won't give in

You are stuck in 1973.
All your views are from yesterday.

How ironic you should try to put that on comrade Trampie.

Trampie has vision, you have myopia.

Beware of the Risen People

Cymrophobia on 21:12 - Jan 19 with 704 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 21:01 - Jan 19 by Kilkennyjack

You are stuck in 1973.
All your views are from yesterday.

How ironic you should try to put that on comrade Trampie.

Trampie has vision, you have myopia.

and you a sense of self importance ,by the way , you're not .

Cymrophobia on 10:18 - Jan 20 with 647 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 16:21 - Jan 19 by exhmrc1

Surely everybody should have the choice whether they want Welsh Education or not and there is absolutely no doubt many are parents voting for it. Parents make decisions on a child education continually. Didnt you and your wife make that choice for yours.

As far as the Welsh language is concerned as far as I am concerned it is up to the individual. I have friends who are first language Welsh speakers and also friends who dont speak it. It doesnt cause any problem. The only issue I have come across was an English woman I worked with who tried to prevent 2 Welsh speakers speak to each other in Welsh. Would she have done that to 2 muslims.

It really isnt an issue. If someone wants to speak Welsh they should be allowed to do so. If they dont then they dont have to.

A boy I was in school with went to the local Welsh comp. I didnt. He ended up doing missionary work in Liverpool as a long time member of Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra

Is Welsh not a compulsory subject?

Cymrophobia on 10:23 - Jan 20 with 646 viewsonehunglow

1974 was better!. More deaths,more spectaculars and then in later years the Brighton bomb when the evil bitch Thatcher was almost wiped out ,a death that would have been celebrated not only in NI but in Wales too.

Maybe ,the cause wasn't worth it.

It still isn't so he might be more up to date than Killy fully 160 years behind.

Cymrophobia on 11:11 - Jan 20 with 631 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 10:23 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

1974 was better!. More deaths,more spectaculars and then in later years the Brighton bomb when the evil bitch Thatcher was almost wiped out ,a death that would have been celebrated not only in NI but in Wales too.

Maybe ,the cause wasn't worth it.

It still isn't so he might be more up to date than Killy fully 160 years behind.

The 60/70's were great times to be alive ,80's maybe not so, although some of the music was good OMD Depeche Mode etc The problem with the likes of Killkenny cat is that his knowledge for example about the 70's is what he's read in books whereas we were part of it warts and all.

Cymrophobia on 11:14 - Jan 20 with 632 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 10:18 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

Is Welsh not a compulsory subject?

Yes it is but only a lesson or 2 a week whereas the Welsh comprehensives are actually real bilingual schools and many subjects are taught through the medium of Welsh. I didnt go to a Welsh medium comprehensive school but know many who did and from what I understand sciences and i think Maths are taught in English but everything else is taught in the Welsh language. It really isnt an issue. Some of my mates went to the Welsh school in Ystalyfera whilst others including myself went to the English language school in Cwmtawe. It doesnt stop us being friends. Most of us speak some Welsh anyway,
Going to the Welsh language school certainly hasnt been a disadvantage. One of the guys from the village who went there is doing the missionary work in Liverpool. Another was Head Pharmacist in Glangwili and a guy on the next street is a doctor in the Midlands.
Cymrophobia on 11:19 - Jan 20 with 631 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 11:11 - Jan 20 by Boundy

The 60/70's were great times to be alive ,80's maybe not so, although some of the music was good OMD Depeche Mode etc The problem with the likes of Killkenny cat is that his knowledge for example about the 70's is what he's read in books whereas we were part of it warts and all.

50s were not a dark as many make out.Most had jobs and most fellas on the streets were those who didnt want to work.Lads who were not academic could earn a living at the plethora of industrial plants we had and they had dignity as a result. People were proud then and had far greater pride in their community.No way would people tolerate the wholescale littering /dumping of crap as they do now.

60s in Swansea were wonderful.Like a colder Venice Beach..

Things started to go pear shaped in the 70s and all businesses were affected by the IRA filth and their bomb attacks ,hoax warnings or in the case of Warrington ,deliberately devious warnings so more could be killed. Their aim was to unite Ireland whatever .

I recall the 80s for the Stadium shows,now a distant dream for us all.

I lost interest in the 90s

stay safe and frosty anyway

Cymrophobia on 11:32 - Jan 20 with 628 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 11:19 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

50s were not a dark as many make out.Most had jobs and most fellas on the streets were those who didnt want to work.Lads who were not academic could earn a living at the plethora of industrial plants we had and they had dignity as a result. People were proud then and had far greater pride in their community.No way would people tolerate the wholescale littering /dumping of crap as they do now.

60s in Swansea were wonderful.Like a colder Venice Beach..

Things started to go pear shaped in the 70s and all businesses were affected by the IRA filth and their bomb attacks ,hoax warnings or in the case of Warrington ,deliberately devious warnings so more could be killed. Their aim was to unite Ireland whatever .

I recall the 80s for the Stadium shows,now a distant dream for us all.

I lost interest in the 90s

stay safe and frosty anyway

I disagree with what you stated about the 70s and the IRA threats harming businesses. The oil crisis in 73 did that and it's implications were far reaching into most of the 70s
Cymrophobia on 11:56 - Jan 20 with 621 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 11:32 - Jan 20 by controversial_jack

I disagree with what you stated about the 70s and the IRA threats harming businesses. The oil crisis in 73 did that and it's implications were far reaching into most of the 70s

I did not suggest they were solely responsible but they most definitely contributed with the energy situations and also our industrial suicide which saw arrogant management versus Union Led anarchy with this country suffering as a result.

Throw in the fact our goods were often Shute and there you have the 70s.

Still,we had T Rex and the Rank

Cymrophobia on 11:57 - Jan 20 with 618 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 11:32 - Jan 20 by controversial_jack

No comparison , businesses can raise again but strangely enough the dead can't.
The oil crisis in 73 finished in 74 where prices returned to the pre 73 prices, admittedly with raises throughout but also falling . Up until April 2018 158 have died, killed by paramilitists , as I say no comparison .

Cymrophobia on 12:49 - Jan 20 with 612 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 11:57 - Jan 20 by Boundy

No comparison , businesses can raise again but strangely enough the dead can't.
The oil crisis in 73 finished in 74 where prices returned to the pre 73 prices, admittedly with raises throughout but also falling . Up until April 2018 158 have died, killed by paramilitists , as I say no comparison .

i'm not saying the oil prices caused deaths, but they pushed up inflation and interest rates went up to combat that.The repercussions were felt through the 70s
Cymrophobia on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 604 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 12:49 - Jan 20 by controversial_jack

i'm not saying the oil prices caused deaths, but they pushed up inflation and interest rates went up to combat that.The repercussions were felt through the 70s

That's fair comment Contro

Cymrophobia on 13:06 - Jan 20 with 602 viewsjack_lord

Cymrophobia on 21:40 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

Going off at a tangent,some countries also suffer from a phobia,classically France,a country I love to death.Classy,stunningly beautiful ,unspolit villages,nice weather (in some places),fantastic food ,un believable wine and a good social structure (Outside Paris), culture,beautiful woman and the language a love. And they play Rugby BUT a country number 1 on most Brits hate list even though it is visited more than any other,outside Spain.

It's crap.

Vive la belle France

Its mainly because its warmer for a lot of people Rich and not because of the wonderful unspoilt beaches.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cymrophobia on 13:29 - Jan 20 with 594 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 13:06 - Jan 20 by jack_lord

Its mainly because its warmer for a lot of people Rich and not because of the wonderful unspoilt beaches.

Have you had a dip in the sea around Biarritz,Jase.

Chilly ,trust me.

Cymrophobia on 16:21 - Jan 20 with 572 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 11:14 - Jan 20 by exhmrc1

Yes it is but only a lesson or 2 a week whereas the Welsh comprehensives are actually real bilingual schools and many subjects are taught through the medium of Welsh. I didnt go to a Welsh medium comprehensive school but know many who did and from what I understand sciences and i think Maths are taught in English but everything else is taught in the Welsh language. It really isnt an issue. Some of my mates went to the Welsh school in Ystalyfera whilst others including myself went to the English language school in Cwmtawe. It doesnt stop us being friends. Most of us speak some Welsh anyway,
Going to the Welsh language school certainly hasnt been a disadvantage. One of the guys from the village who went there is doing the missionary work in Liverpool. Another was Head Pharmacist in Glangwili and a guy on the next street is a doctor in the Midlands.

See this is where we can agree. If parents (or even the kids) want to learn Welsh then go to a Welsh medium school. If parents or kids aren't bothered then go to other secondary schools. As you have said, it's individual choice, or it should be.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cymrophobia on 16:41 - Jan 20 with 557 viewsKilkennyjack

Cymrophobia on 11:11 - Jan 20 by Boundy

Why am i not surprised ?!

😂😂😂🎣

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024