Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cymrophobia 22:23 - Jan 12 with 11199 viewsNortbankboy

There's a lot about these days.
Cymrophobia on 16:58 - Jan 20 with 688 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 16:41 - Jan 20 by Kilkennyjack

Why am i not surprised ?!

😂😂😂🎣

Were you surprised by the latest polling that shows Labour losing ground and Awan-Scully predicting a close run thing between the three manin parties?

The tories may gain ground in the Senedd. How do you feel about that?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cymrophobia on 17:02 - Jan 20 with 663 viewsraynor94

Cymrophobia on 16:58 - Jan 20 by Catullus

Were you surprised by the latest polling that shows Labour losing ground and Awan-Scully predicting a close run thing between the three manin parties?

Labour doing their best to have the election put back again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cymrophobia on 17:07 - Jan 20 with 674 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 17:02 - Jan 20 by raynor94

Labour doing their best to have the election put back again

Nothing wrong with that. It's all part of the great game. It's quite normal
Cymrophobia on 17:22 - Jan 20 with 645 viewsraynor94

Cymrophobia on 17:07 - Jan 20 by controversial_jack

Nothing wrong with that. It's all part of the great game. It's quite normal

Having an election put back is normal? Perhaps someone should have told Trump

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cymrophobia on 17:23 - Jan 20 with 661 viewsonehunglow

Back on topic;it seems any evidence is apochraphal ,at bet.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cymrophobia on 18:09 - Jan 20 with 637 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 16:41 - Jan 20 by Kilkennyjack

Why am i not surprised ?!

😂😂😂🎣

I have this mental image of a 17 year with the mindset of a middle aged hippie or should that be the other way round ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cymrophobia on 18:18 - Jan 20 with 639 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 16:21 - Jan 20 by Catullus

See this is where we can agree. If parents (or even the kids) want to learn Welsh then go to a Welsh medium school. If parents or kids aren't bothered then go to other secondary schools. As you have said, it's individual choice, or it should be.

It is what is happening. Some parents are taking the option others arent. Nothing to do with the WG. Even Swans current or past players had a Welsh Education but whether they did or didnt doesnt matter. Ben Cabango and Ben Davies went to Welsh language schools.
Cymrophobia on 18:34 - Jan 20 with 636 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 17:22 - Jan 20 by raynor94

Having an election put back is normal? Perhaps someone should have told Trump

Who?
Login to get fewer ads

Cymrophobia on 20:08 - Jan 20 with 612 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cymrophobia on 18:18 - Jan 20 by exhmrc1

It is what is happening. Some parents are taking the option others arent. Nothing to do with the WG. Even Swans current or past players had a Welsh Education but whether they did or didnt doesnt matter. Ben Cabango and Ben Davies went to Welsh language schools.

Not unusual for middle class parents to move house so they are in the catchment area of a high performing school to get their children into it.
Meanwhile a lot of parents in social housing are stuck with the nearest comprehensive.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cymrophobia on 20:11 - Jan 20 with 620 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 11:10 - Jan 13 by Boundy

This isn't a dig but when you say "we" is that the royal we? I'm certainly not lacking confidence and honestly you don't need to feel embarrassed on my behalf ,I'm more that comfortable with whom I am

Yes ,it is .I don’t doubt you are

Cymrophobia on 20:21 - Jan 20 with 605 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 18:18 - Jan 20 by exhmrc1

Nothing to do with th WG? We can agree to disgree there but it is the Senedd's policy to push Welsh, to increase the number of Welsh speakers and Welsh is compulsory in all schools. That is a fact.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Cymrophobia on 20:52 - Jan 20 with 600 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 20:21 - Jan 20 by Catullus

Nothing to do with th WG? We can agree to disgree there but it is the Senedd's policy to push Welsh, to increase the number of Welsh speakers and Welsh is compulsory in all schools. That is a fact.

Which is my point. Forcing children into learning any
Language will end in resentment

Are welsh speakers really that insecure and defensive.

Cymrophobia on 21:48 - Jan 20 with 581 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 20:52 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

Which is my point. Forcing children into learning any
Language will end in resentment

Are welsh speakers really that insecure and defensive.

Kids are always being forced into taking languages. Isnt English compulsory in England. Also French in most schools. Sometimes German or Spanish. Do these all lead to resentment or is it only Welsh because you and several others resent it for whatever reason.

Look at how things have changed here since your days. Cardiff has 20% BAME Swansea 10 Newport 13. In addition how many English have come here. They have moved in. Swansea University, Morriston Hospital and DVLA have large numbers of non Welsh people. No wonder the percentage of Welsh speakers have gone down.

It wasnt like this in your days. It wasnt even like it 10 years ago. Things have changed massively from the 1970s.

Places like Killay or Dunvant have high percentages of non Welsh people. This is why the percentages of Welsh speakers has declined. 3 houses in 7 where I lived in Dunvant had at least 1 non Welsh adult. My sons best mate's mother is English. One of the girls in school with him had an English mother
Cymrophobia on 22:50 - Jan 20 with 568 viewsbuilthjack

Cymrophobia on 21:48 - Jan 20 by exhmrc1

Kids are always being forced into taking languages. Isnt English compulsory in England. Also French in most schools. Sometimes German or Spanish. Do these all lead to resentment or is it only Welsh because you and several others resent it for whatever reason.

Look at how things have changed here since your days. Cardiff has 20% BAME Swansea 10 Newport 13. In addition how many English have come here. They have moved in. Swansea University, Morriston Hospital and DVLA have large numbers of non Welsh people. No wonder the percentage of Welsh speakers have gone down.

It wasnt like this in your days. It wasnt even like it 10 years ago. Things have changed massively from the 1970s.

Places like Killay or Dunvant have high percentages of non Welsh people. This is why the percentages of Welsh speakers has declined. 3 houses in 7 where I lived in Dunvant had at least 1 non Welsh adult. My sons best mate's mother is English. One of the girls in school with him had an English mother

Never mind. Trump is on his way over to build a wall for us.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cymrophobia on 22:54 - Jan 20 with 560 viewsBoundy

Don't you mean Trampie ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cymrophobia on 10:06 - Jan 21 with 512 viewsonehunglow

That would be because French ,German,Spanish are world languages and therefore of more use in the job market and business.
Not all kids want to work for a Welh quango or the BBC Wales.

Cymrophobia on 11:34 - Jan 21 with 491 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 10:06 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

That would be because French ,German,Spanish are world languages and therefore of more use in the job market and business.
Not all kids want to work for a Welh quango or the BBC Wales.

Not all kids want to go to France or Spain or even study Maths or Science. The bottom line is you do what you are told to do. I did Latin. I certainly wouldnt have chosen it. In most jobs a foreign language isnt needed. For things like nursing Welsh is quite helpful especially locally. It probably would have been in your old job if you were posted in say Pontarddulais or Ammanford.
Cymrophobia on 11:40 - Jan 21 with 489 viewsonehunglow

I think Im done as regards this now as we are going over old ground and ,as I say,it is a divisive issue and you will never ever change your viewpoint.
Thanks anyway.

By the way, 1000 curses on the individual that started this thread.

Cymrophobia on 11:48 - Jan 21 with 488 viewsCatullus

That's not true, it's a load of spin. English is the Uk's language, kids speak it, mostly, before they start school, unless they are immigrants.

Kids aren't forced to learn a specific language, they get a choice according to the curriculum.

The rest of your post is exactly why forcing Welsh on people is not right. Immigrants children who may already be struggling with English have to learn another language too. If immigration is diluting Welsh speakers, well what are you suggesting? That we should stop "incomers" from diluting our "culture"?
What use will Welsh be to any immigrant from Africa or across Europe whereas French, Spanish and German are widely spoken.

Cymrophobia on 21:38 - Jan 21 with 434 viewsjack_lord

Cymrophobia on 13:29 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

Have you had a dip in the sea around Biarritz,Jase.

Chilly ,trust me.

Yep and further north in Royan. Much warmer in the Med and I love the wonderful scenery but I do think that many go just to get away from this island and because it is warmer.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cymrophobia on 21:54 - Jan 21 with 425 viewsKilkennyjack

Cymrophobia on 16:58 - Jan 20 by Catullus

I vote Plaid.

Looks a 3 horse race.

I hope not a single welsh person will ever vote Tory.

Beware of the Risen People

Cymrophobia on 21:56 - Jan 21 with 423 viewsKilkennyjack

Cymrophobia on 18:09 - Jan 20 by Boundy

I have this mental image of a 17 year with the mindset of a middle aged hippie or should that be the other way round ?

The internet age is not for you.

Logoff and buy a newspaper.
You would feel a lot happier. And so would we.

Does Roger remind you of anyone ?

[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 22:07]

Beware of the Risen People

Cymrophobia on 07:23 - Jan 22 with 386 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cymrophobia on 21:54 - Jan 21 by Kilkennyjack

I vote Plaid.

Looks a 3 horse race.

I hope not a single welsh person will ever vote Tory.

You will be sadly disappointed, no matter how bad labour are, people will still vote for them.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cymrophobia on 07:48 - Jan 22 with 380 viewsHighjack

Cymrophobia on 21:56 - Jan 21 by Kilkennyjack

The internet age is not for you.

Logoff and buy a newspaper.
You would feel a lot happier. And so would we.

Does Roger remind you of anyone ?

[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 22:07]

In the 60’s groups like The Who, The Beatles and lots of others were free to travel and perform around Europe. In fact they did so regularly. The experience in Hamburg made the Beatles become the success they became. If there are barriers now that there weren’t then then that doesn’t indicate much progress has been made since the emergence of this political project does it?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cymrophobia on 10:18 - Jan 22 with 359 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 21:38 - Jan 21 by jack_lord

Yep and further north in Royan. Much warmer in the Med and I love the wonderful scenery but I do think that many go just to get away from this island and because it is warmer.

and with bigger comes more space.

We're sadly looking at Dorset/Devon as soon as practicable.

Investing in wet suits too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024