Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cymrophobia 22:23 - Jan 12 with 11204 viewsNortbankboy

There's a lot about these days.
Cymrophobia on 10:57 - Jan 19 with 536 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 10:51 - Jan 19 by felixstowe_jack

She is an adult now and she chose to remain in Syria once she reached 18.

On the other hand,she found beheading people and stoning women to death that attractive ,she joined the happy throng.

She was not abused at all,she was abusing us and still is.

It is a major issue for Muslims that they have a culture /religion who s adherents act as though it was medieval times.

We blame ourselves in this country for pure evil being brought against us and instead of punishing those killers ,we seek to excuse them and blame each other.

This woman celebrated mass deaths ,dismembering or our people.

We should be ashamed or ourselves.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cymrophobia on 11:02 - Jan 19 with 521 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 10:57 - Jan 19 by onehunglow

On the other hand,she found beheading people and stoning women to death that attractive ,she joined the happy throng.

She was not abused at all,she was abusing us and still is.

It is a major issue for Muslims that they have a culture /religion who s adherents act as though it was medieval times.

We blame ourselves in this country for pure evil being brought against us and instead of punishing those killers ,we seek to excuse them and blame each other.

This woman celebrated mass deaths ,dismembering or our people.

We should be ashamed or ourselves.

She was radicalised and groomed in this country, nowhere else. Are we saying 15 year old girls are responsible for their own actions? This could be a leading question as we know where it could go, so be careful how you answer.
Cymrophobia on 11:03 - Jan 19 with 518 viewstrampie

Cymrophobia on 10:51 - Jan 19 by felixstowe_jack

She is an adult now and she chose to remain in Syria once she reached 18.

Any crime committed as a juvenile is treated by the court as a juvenile when it comes to sentencing.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cymrophobia on 11:14 - Jan 19 with 511 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 10:11 - Jan 19 by Dr_Winston

Might not even make the top five most racist things trampie has said.

I thought we'd been told only the right wing could be racist?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cymrophobia on 11:19 - Jan 19 with 509 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 10:17 - Jan 19 by onehunglow

Well,that not true is it because you have.Just who brought up Liverpool. Ask why.

You say "safe". NO city is particularly safe.

I could dig out Liverpool crime stats and compare them too-you'd be surprised.

My point was /is that in 40 yrs my parents had no problems visiting us and visiting Liverpool. They were victims of crime in Swansea and as with many people it leaves lifelong scars. You can try to paint an image of an urban idyll but it aint the case but it does keep this thread going,which was the point along along.

Now then-cymprophobia? Yes or no and produce evidence

Those are the figures of the Complete University Guide the leading university ranking guide backed by the Telegraph. Hardly some pro Welsh or independence rag. One of the leading Tory papers. They are based on official government figures based on gov.uk. They couldnt be anymore unbiased or accurate. The fact is that Swansea has lower crime rates than any comparable English or Welsh City. All the ones above it other than Exeter have a third or less of its population and Exeter has just over a half. Even smaller cities like Cambridge and Oxford have higher crime rates. Places or broadly similar size such as Portsmouth, Norwich and Hull are showing far higher rates.

I am extremely sorry for what happened to your parents car but that happens everywhere including Swansea and Liverpool. It doesnt alter the fact that Swansea has less crime than cities of comparable size or bigger. It doesnt mean there arent areas in Swansea that have crime but the reality is it is safer than most cities.
Cymrophobia on 11:26 - Jan 19 with 502 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 10:38 - Jan 19 by controversial_jack

She was a 15 year old child. She was groomed and radicalised in this country, Went overseas and was abused. Don't we have an obligation to protect children in this country rather than persecute them?

Our obligation to her finished when she joined the caliphate , you know the one that declared war against the west (of which we are part of) and that war hasn't been won by either side.
She could count herself lucky that treason is not longer punishable by death ( my preferred option and no loss to society ). In war you grow up quickly so no more of this , she was only a child , it took her 4 years to see the error of her ways.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cymrophobia on 11:36 - Jan 19 with 497 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 11:19 - Jan 19 by exhmrc1

Those are the figures of the Complete University Guide the leading university ranking guide backed by the Telegraph. Hardly some pro Welsh or independence rag. One of the leading Tory papers. They are based on official government figures based on gov.uk. They couldnt be anymore unbiased or accurate. The fact is that Swansea has lower crime rates than any comparable English or Welsh City. All the ones above it other than Exeter have a third or less of its population and Exeter has just over a half. Even smaller cities like Cambridge and Oxford have higher crime rates. Places or broadly similar size such as Portsmouth, Norwich and Hull are showing far higher rates.

I am extremely sorry for what happened to your parents car but that happens everywhere including Swansea and Liverpool. It doesnt alter the fact that Swansea has less crime than cities of comparable size or bigger. It doesnt mean there arent areas in Swansea that have crime but the reality is it is safer than most cities.

You don’t have to feel sorry friend. It is not down to you to apologise for anything a city of 250,000 .

It is scandalous this topic was first of all allowed to remain as long as this as it is clearly provocative and has seen the usual suspects in full flow.

My old girl thought Swansea people not over friendly too and she lived until she was 93. I could spit on her grave if required. My old man was a Welsh speaker who chose not to inflict the language on us kids as he saw it truly divisive. Looking at this morass ,I can see his point.

So back on topic....Answer no ,so close this thread Keith ,please.

Cymrophobia on 12:35 - Jan 19 with 486 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 11:36 - Jan 19 by onehunglow

You don’t have to feel sorry friend. It is not down to you to apologise for anything a city of 250,000 .

It is scandalous this topic was first of all allowed to remain as long as this as it is clearly provocative and has seen the usual suspects in full flow.

My old girl thought Swansea people not over friendly too and she lived until she was 93. I could spit on her grave if required. My old man was a Welsh speaker who chose not to inflict the language on us kids as he saw it truly divisive. Looking at this morass ,I can see his point.

So back on topic....Answer no ,so close this thread Keith ,please.

I certainly is a cymrophobia on here and I dont just refer to you. There are many on here who absolutely hate the WG so that there is no doubt.

As far as your mother's view I noticed in Dunvant people werent as friendly as in the valley. That certainly is true but then there are a very large number who have moved in from elsewhere so that in some way accounts for that.

The Welsh language is clearly on the up whatever your feelings. It is the fasting growing language in the UK. Years ago in your era very few spoke or learned Welsh in Swansea. Today there are 2 welsh speaking comprehensives and about 6 primary schools teaching through Welsh. There has been a sea of change over the last 30 years without a doubt. You wouldnt expect Welsh language schools in West Cross or Brynmill
Login to get fewer ads

Cymrophobia on 12:44 - Jan 19 with 481 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 12:35 - Jan 19 by exhmrc1

I certainly is a cymrophobia on here and I dont just refer to you. There are many on here who absolutely hate the WG so that there is no doubt.

As far as your mother's view I noticed in Dunvant people werent as friendly as in the valley. That certainly is true but then there are a very large number who have moved in from elsewhere so that in some way accounts for that.

The Welsh language is clearly on the up whatever your feelings. It is the fasting growing language in the UK. Years ago in your era very few spoke or learned Welsh in Swansea. Today there are 2 welsh speaking comprehensives and about 6 primary schools teaching through Welsh. There has been a sea of change over the last 30 years without a doubt. You wouldnt expect Welsh language schools in West Cross or Brynmill

Disagree.

At least you can post with some class ,so credit to you. You shame many others.

Frankly, Im not bothered if 80% or 20% speak Welsh as the most important aspect ,for me,is that kid grow up in a land they can prosper in no matter the language. Language is a means of communication,no more. It divides Wales.Always has .Almost like what is the national sport-which is rugby.A fact hated by many.Divided again-only his time in sport. Doesnt say much about us does it.Throw in the fact Cardiff is hated by all outside S/E Wales and nieuwport, and you have division.

Sooner the country unites,the better,so quit forcing the language of kids .

And that is not cymrophobia,it is as the majority feel but haven't the guts to state in public.

Cymrophobia on 12:53 - Jan 19 with 473 viewstrampie

Cymrophobia on 11:26 - Jan 19 by Boundy

Our obligation to her finished when she joined the caliphate , you know the one that declared war against the west (of which we are part of) and that war hasn't been won by either side.
She could count herself lucky that treason is not longer punishable by death ( my preferred option and no loss to society ). In war you grow up quickly so no more of this , she was only a child , it took her 4 years to see the error of her ways.

Rubbish the English have an obligation to their children.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cymrophobia on 13:01 - Jan 19 with 471 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 12:53 - Jan 19 by trampie

Rubbish the English have an obligation to their children.

Not rubbish at all , parents have an obligation to their children , governments have an obligation to its citizens, she and many others forgo that obligation when they commit actions against the state.
She and the too many others should have thought of that before they left the UK to commit atrocities against their own citizens. Defend that if you want but she is of no consequence to me and to many others , just another oxygen stealer.

Cymrophobia on 13:08 - Jan 19 with 463 viewstrampie

Cymrophobia on 13:01 - Jan 19 by Boundy

Not rubbish at all , parents have an obligation to their children , governments have an obligation to its citizens, she and many others forgo that obligation when they commit actions against the state.
She and the too many others should have thought of that before they left the UK to commit atrocities against their own citizens. Defend that if you want but she is of no consequence to me and to many others , just another oxygen stealer.

Not everyone has got parents, you might be lucky enough to have had a family but not everyone is and I'm not talking about Begum either, I've never heard of anything so ridiculous in all my born days, she is England's problem and they need to deal with it, they can't turn round and say she is not their problem they are making fools of themselves.

Cymrophobia on 13:14 - Jan 19 with 461 viewsKilkennyjack

Exactly correct.

Its now normal for many children to have both languages.
This is normal the world over.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

Beware of the Risen People

Cymrophobia on 13:19 - Jan 19 with 452 viewsCatullus

Thinking the Senedd a waste of time and space is not cymrophobia, in fact it is a love of Wales to want this useless institution taken away. At the very least people need to vote out some of the absolute clowns that infest Welsh politics.

Welsh is only on the rise because the Senedd is pushing it hard and spending millions to do so. Meanwhile our NHS goes downhill, come to that schools have gone downhill too.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Cymrophobia on 13:27 - Jan 19 with 447 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 13:08 - Jan 19 by trampie

Not everyone has got parents, you might be lucky enough to have had a family but not everyone is and I'm not talking about Begum either, I've never heard of anything so ridiculous in all my born days, she is England's problem and they need to deal with it, they can't turn round and say she is not their problem they are making fools of themselves.

I'm not at all bothered whether you think my post is ridiculous or not , you're just another bleeding heart, more concerned about the likes of Begum than any of the pure evil she and her compatriots had a part in.
You mentioned families , how many families lost father's mothers wives, brothers, sons daughters to that regime of terror. No you're just using her as stick to beat the english with (again) which is pretty pathetic all in all. Britain's prison are full of the likes of her , which is pity and more galling it's my taxes are keeping them alive.

Cymrophobia on 13:32 - Jan 19 with 443 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 13:19 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Thinking the Senedd a waste of time and space is not cymrophobia, in fact it is a love of Wales to want this useless institution taken away. At the very least people need to vote out some of the absolute clowns that infest Welsh politics.

Welsh is only on the rise because the Senedd is pushing it hard and spending millions to do so. Meanwhile our NHS goes downhill, come to that schools have gone downhill too.

Your last paragraph is out of teach with reality. There are many non Welsh speakers choosing to get their children taught in Welsh. I spoke to a lady a while ago who lived on the cul de sac below ours. Her child is attending our local school and learning Welsh. She wants her child to go to a Welsh comprehensive and continue learning the language. Nothing to do with the Senydd. A woman I used to work with from Skewen who doesnt speak Welsh has chosen to get her child taught in Welsh. She doesnt speak it. Personal choice nothing to do with the Senydd.

Gwyr was the only Welsh comprehensive in Swansea. Due to demand they have had to open another in Penlan. Gwyr a couple of years ago was the only oversubscribed comprehensive in Swansea. Ysgol Gyfun Ystalyfera was the only Welsh Comprehensive in Neath Port Talbot. Due to it being oversubscribed the council have opened a second in Baglan. This is nothing to do with the Senydd. It is peoples choosing.
Cymrophobia on 13:41 - Jan 19 with 435 viewstrampie

Cymrophobia on 13:27 - Jan 19 by Boundy

I'm not at all bothered whether you think my post is ridiculous or not , you're just another bleeding heart, more concerned about the likes of Begum than any of the pure evil she and her compatriots had a part in.
You mentioned families , how many families lost father's mothers wives, brothers, sons daughters to that regime of terror. No you're just using her as stick to beat the english with (again) which is pretty pathetic all in all. Britain's prison are full of the likes of her , which is pity and more galling it's my taxes are keeping them alive.

The English need to have standards and take responsibility for their children, the English saying they disown the girl I've never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life, if she has broken English law punish her accordingly but to say she is not their problem is laughable.

Cymrophobia on 13:47 - Jan 19 with 430 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 13:32 - Jan 19 by exhmrc1

Your last paragraph is out of teach with reality. There are many non Welsh speakers choosing to get their children taught in Welsh. I spoke to a lady a while ago who lived on the cul de sac below ours. Her child is attending our local school and learning Welsh. She wants her child to go to a Welsh comprehensive and continue learning the language. Nothing to do with the Senydd. A woman I used to work with from Skewen who doesnt speak Welsh has chosen to get her child taught in Welsh. She doesnt speak it. Personal choice nothing to do with the Senydd.

Gwyr was the only Welsh comprehensive in Swansea. Due to demand they have had to open another in Penlan. Gwyr a couple of years ago was the only oversubscribed comprehensive in Swansea. Ysgol Gyfun Ystalyfera was the only Welsh Comprehensive in Neath Port Talbot. Due to it being oversubscribed the council have opened a second in Baglan. This is nothing to do with the Senydd. It is peoples choosing.

Even with the Senedd pushing it hard right now less than 29% of Welsh residents speak Welsh but only 16% say they speak it daily, even fewer have it as a first language.

Back in 1911 43.5 % of Welsh residents spoke Welsh.

A few people that you know doesn't constitute reality. Where are your statistics now?

In 2004 21.7% spoke Welsh but in 2011 it had dropped to 19%, it is with the Senedds support that Welsh is growing again. Even so it is a minority language.

More people in the UK can speak French, Spanish or German than speak Welsh. Those languages will be mch more useful.

Cymrophobia on 13:53 - Jan 19 with 428 viewsexhmrc1

Cymrophobia on 13:47 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Even with the Senedd pushing it hard right now less than 29% of Welsh residents speak Welsh but only 16% say they speak it daily, even fewer have it as a first language.

A few people that you know doesn't constitute reality. Where are your statistics now?

In 2004 21.7% spoke Welsh but in 2011 it had dropped to 19%, it is with the Senedds support that Welsh is growing again. Even so it is a minority language.

More people in the UK can speak French, Spanish or German than speak Welsh. Those languages will be mch more useful.

Read this speaks for itself. Look at the number of new schools opening. Now 3 welsh comps in Cardiff and 2 in Swansea. Back in my younger days there wasnt 1 in Swansea or Port talbot

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-55348604
Cymrophobia on 14:09 - Jan 19 with 417 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 13:41 - Jan 19 by trampie

The English need to have standards and take responsibility for their children, the English saying they disown the girl I've never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life, if she has broken English law punish her accordingly but to say she is not their problem is laughable.

Jesus H ,is that so feckn offensive.
Pure and simple hatred in text.

They aint going to go away although I wish they did and leave Wales or rather Welsh like you,suffer the consequences.

I just hope this site is not read by English fans of our club.

English children ..ENGLISH CHILDREN

Cymrophobia on 14:11 - Jan 19 with 415 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 13:41 - Jan 19 by trampie

It s nowhere near a ridiculous as you and Killy and your fantasy of an independent Wales ,fully able to proper.You cant even sort of a vaccine that s been sourced for you BY England

Cymrophobia on 14:12 - Jan 19 with 415 viewstrampie

Cymrophobia on 13:19 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Virtually everybody (if not everybody) spoke Welsh in 1800, 90% of people living in Wales spoke Welsh in 1850, English rules and laws virtually killed the language by 1980 but it has comeback since then, the Welsh language act in 1993 and S4C in 1982 helping to stop the rot well before the Senedd came into being.

Cymrophobia on 14:17 - Jan 19 with 407 viewstrampie

Cymrophobia on 13:47 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Welsh language schools have taken off in my time, they are seen as the preserve of privileged middle class people in some areas....hmm...I wonder if the next generation of politicos will come from these Welsh language schools that are now so in vogue.

Cymrophobia on 14:29 - Jan 19 with 399 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 13:53 - Jan 19 by exhmrc1

Read this speaks for itself. Look at the number of new schools opening. Now 3 welsh comps in Cardiff and 2 in Swansea. Back in my younger days there wasnt 1 in Swansea or Port talbot

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-55348604

What is interesting is the primary notivation for 23% of their new cistomers, school. The current rise in Welsh speakers is because ALL school kids have to learn it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Wales

There are 11 secondary schools in Swansea and the two Welsh secondary, so they make up one sixth of the schools. With all stae schools now teaching compulsory Welsh those Welsh schools may become irrelevant?

Cymrophobia on 14:38 - Jan 19 with 392 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 14:12 - Jan 19 by trampie

Virtually everybody (if not everybody) spoke Welsh in 1800, 90% of people living in Wales spoke Welsh in 1850, English rules and laws virtually killed the language by 1980 but it has comeback since then, the Welsh language act in 1993 and S4C in 1982 helping to stop the rot well before the Senedd came into being.

Happy and I'm smiling
Walk a mile to drink your water
You know I'd love to love you
And above you there's no other
We'll go walking out
While others shout of war's disaster
Oh, we won't give in
Let's go living in the past
Once I used to join in
Every boy and girl was my friend
Now there's revolution, but they don't know
What they're fighting