Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drivers, stop your engines 14:36 - Jan 13 with 920 viewsCatullus

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/environment-clean-air-bill-wales-1

Another great tax raising scheme from our glorious Senedd.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Drivers, stop your engines on 15:17 - Jan 13 with 887 viewsHighjack

Hugely regressive policies that will hit the poor most. As usual. The sooner these clowns are booted out of office the better but it’s not going to happen.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Drivers, stop your engines on 15:22 - Jan 13 with 885 viewsDr_Winston

Who will enforce it? Will the Police be driving along traffic jams ticketing people?

Inane nonsense.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Drivers, stop your engines on 15:25 - Jan 13 with 885 viewsVincent_Vega

The only 2 ways of getting people out of they're old diesel polluters is either make the alternative cheaper or the existing more expensive and quelle surprise which one are the WAG going for? Suppose I better start saving.

Interesting to see how they'd enforce the law on burning types of wood or finding alternatives for people to heat their homes in rural areas. Shame loves a good fire me.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Drivers, stop your engines on 16:16 - Jan 13 with 857 viewsBoundy

Drivers, stop your engines on 15:25 - Jan 13 by Vincent_Vega

The only 2 ways of getting people out of they're old diesel polluters is either make the alternative cheaper or the existing more expensive and quelle surprise which one are the WAG going for? Suppose I better start saving.

Interesting to see how they'd enforce the law on burning types of wood or finding alternatives for people to heat their homes in rural areas. Shame loves a good fire me.

I wonder how much impact there would be on the air quality if that house of windbags in cardiff should ever catch fire , I have wood stove , a 35 year old car, a love of burning tyres and a field full of methane filled cattle, I wonder for how much longer?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Drivers, stop your engines on 16:21 - Jan 13 with 858 viewsVincent_Vega

Drivers, stop your engines on 16:16 - Jan 13 by Boundy

I wonder how much impact there would be on the air quality if that house of windbags in cardiff should ever catch fire , I have wood stove , a 35 year old car, a love of burning tyres and a field full of methane filled cattle, I wonder for how much longer?

If you want to remove slugs with less collateral damage may I suggest a phuck ton on salt?

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Drivers, stop your engines on 16:50 - Jan 13 with 838 viewsHighjack

Drivers, stop your engines on 15:22 - Jan 13 by Dr_Winston

Who will enforce it? Will the Police be driving along traffic jams ticketing people?

Inane nonsense.

If they actually did the job we employ them for and improved the roads and infrastructure and public transport then people wouldn’t be stuck in traffic as often. Again it’s motorists taking the blame for the necessity of having to move around for work that the modern world is designed for.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Drivers, stop your engines on 17:19 - Jan 13 with 823 viewsBoundy

Drivers, stop your engines on 16:50 - Jan 13 by Highjack

If they actually did the job we employ them for and improved the roads and infrastructure and public transport then people wouldn’t be stuck in traffic as often. Again it’s motorists taking the blame for the necessity of having to move around for work that the modern world is designed for.

But in fairness they have spent 5 million on junction 33 to improve the flow of traffic down to the "bay" and again 57 million on Eastern Bay Link Road to help cope with the daily 100,000 commuters . A novel idea would be to encourage companies to set up in the areas where the jobs are needed rather than bitch and moan when the traffic gets too much to handle and subsequently take more money out of the funds set aside for Wales. , if its that bad why is there in the pipe line plans to build a metro system all feeding into money pit, penny and the bun springs to mind.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Drivers, stop your engines on 17:22 - Jan 13 with 823 viewsFireboy2

Drivers, stop your engines on 15:17 - Jan 13 by Highjack

Hugely regressive policies that will hit the poor most. As usual. The sooner these clowns are booted out of office the better but it’s not going to happen.

And any of the other parties wouldnt do it?

I have seen people leave their engines running whilst waiting to pick their bin lids up for upto an hour because the soft tvvats are cold, it comes down to what some people have become, selfish and that selfishness is getting worse.

Imo this is one of many good initiatives for cutting carbon emissions but as has been said how the hell can it be policed
Login to get fewer ads

Drivers, stop your engines on 17:44 - Jan 13 with 808 viewsCatullus

Drivers, stop your engines on 17:22 - Jan 13 by Fireboy2

And any of the other parties wouldnt do it?

I have seen people leave their engines running whilst waiting to pick their bin lids up for upto an hour because the soft tvvats are cold, it comes down to what some people have become, selfish and that selfishness is getting worse.

Imo this is one of many good initiatives for cutting carbon emissions but as has been said how the hell can it be policed

Surely a better idea would be improve public transport so that people actually get out of their cars and then put petrol up to encourage everyone into public transport use.

The better off won't worry about an occassional fine but the worse off will struggle with it, depending on how much these fines are of course.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Drivers, stop your engines on 17:45 - Jan 13 with 804 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Lots of modern cars cut out automatically when stationary. Mine does but not at all times. I don’t know why but assume that the engine management electronics control the thing.

Maybe they could make it compulsory to have automatic cut out on new cars?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Drivers, stop your engines on 17:50 - Jan 13 with 800 viewsFireboy2

Drivers, stop your engines on 17:44 - Jan 13 by Catullus

Surely a better idea would be improve public transport so that people actually get out of their cars and then put petrol up to encourage everyone into public transport use.

The better off won't worry about an occassional fine but the worse off will struggle with it, depending on how much these fines are of course.

In the urban areas yes Cat but what about people living rurally?

It would take years and quite a bit of investment to get it upto a decent service.

The problem is that people have become used to being mobile, years ago people worked locally but these days you have to commute to your workplace.

Unless something drastic happens things like this are going to happen more often and yes the less well off will suffer as usual, unless when they stop they turn their engines off of course😁
Drivers, stop your engines on 21:37 - Jan 13 with 746 viewsCatullus

Drivers, stop your engines on 17:50 - Jan 13 by Fireboy2

In the urban areas yes Cat but what about people living rurally?

It would take years and quite a bit of investment to get it upto a decent service.

The problem is that people have become used to being mobile, years ago people worked locally but these days you have to commute to your workplace.

Unless something drastic happens things like this are going to happen more often and yes the less well off will suffer as usual, unless when they stop they turn their engines off of course😁

There's never an easy answer. If I had the answers I'd be in public office. I disagree with this latest idea.

Thing is, if the urban areas had the public transport and we didn';t have so much car use, the more rural areas could use their cars and it wouldn't be such a problem, maybe?

Bring back the Mumbles Train, an electrified tramway that runs from Oystermouth all the way to Port Talbot with offshoots going inland. Keep it in public ownership and keep the prices down.
Encourage working from home, maybe a split week 2 days in the office, 3 at home where possible, for office workers obviously. Improve the cycling network and invest in an electric cycles so people can cope with the hills! Obviously then the internet facilities need ugrading too.
Thing is, after decades of bad planning, neglect and lack of foresight there is a hell of a lot that needs doing.

Drivers, stop your engines on 21:42 - Jan 13 with 742 viewsonehunglow

We are where we are because of our history and attitude.

Cyclists are seen by many drivers as simply being in the way

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Drivers, stop your engines on 07:05 - Jan 14 with 684 viewsScotia

Just to play devil's advocate.

What is impact of all the new starter motors that cars will need due to wear and tear from all the start / stopping?

As I understand cars with auto stop/start only use it when suits the engine. Such as the right temperature etc.

Has this been thought through?

Looks like WG are acting without thinking.
Drivers, stop your engines on 07:32 - Jan 14 with 676 viewsDr_Winston

Somewhere like London or another large city where passenger numbers justify an extensive public transport network you can probably get away with not having a car. Somewhere like Swansea? No chance.

Until public transport is at least as convenient as private then that's just not going to happen, and to achieve that you'd need massive subsidy to run mostly empty diesel belching buses that would negate any environmental benefit in the first place.

They're better off focusing on getting the infrastructure required for personal electric vehicles in place instead.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Drivers, stop your engines on 10:59 - Jan 14 with 646 viewsCatullus

Drivers, stop your engines on 07:32 - Jan 14 by Dr_Winston

Somewhere like London or another large city where passenger numbers justify an extensive public transport network you can probably get away with not having a car. Somewhere like Swansea? No chance.

Until public transport is at least as convenient as private then that's just not going to happen, and to achieve that you'd need massive subsidy to run mostly empty diesel belching buses that would negate any environmental benefit in the first place.

They're better off focusing on getting the infrastructure required for personal electric vehicles in place instead.

I agree with you about diesel buses but the Mumbles train is a possibility. It was used massively and would take a lot of traffic off the Mumbles Road. It'd be a tourist attraction too.

It could be electrified making it more eco friendly.

Of course I have my doubts about electrification of everything as we still hve to generat all that extra electricity somehow. That' been done on here too, if we have been close to having blackouts because we lack capacity, well that's another massive infrastructure project tht costs hundreds of billions we need to take on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024