Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When this is all over ? 19:42 - Jan 13 with 2209 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m sure everyone we know has said this at some point since last March.

But seriously, when will this be over.
My view ? It won’t, we just have to live with it for at least the next two years.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

When this is all over ? on 19:48 - Jan 13 with 1056 viewsonehunglow

I agree Guv.
It will not and we have to accept that. It's hard for us ,given the easy lives we have-and we have.

It will be like leaving EU,All Change.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

When this is all over ? on 19:50 - Jan 13 with 1035 viewsDr_Winston

If the vaccine works as expected hopefully it'll mostly be over by summer, unless Governments get overprotective and start thinking that they can eradicate it completely.

Vaccinate the most at risk first then start opening things up. Offer vaccinations to everyone else in turn depending upon need. Keep a stash in reserve/ability to manufacture in case of flareups further down the line. If we can protect the vulnerable we need to do that and then just get on with it. Like we've done every flu season for years.

We can't go on as we have for another year or two. It's hard enough keeping a lid on things as it is. If death rates do fall as a result of vaccination I wouldn't bet against mass disobedience if attempts are made to maintain restrictions to the current levels.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

When this is all over ? on 19:58 - Jan 13 with 1042 viewsScotia

We're pretty much a year in now and not really in a better state. The only saving grace is the vaccine and hopefully better treatments over the next six months and in place before next Autumn.

This isn't going anywhere, but we can't live like this for too much longer. Mental health and the economy of the world will collapse.

It's all down to how much risk we are willing to take I think we vaccinate the vulnerable as often as needed and accept that the virus will still be in circulation. People will get infected but hopefully not get too ill.

I think, as long as the vaccine works, we should be trying to get back to as normal as possible by late spring / early summer.
When this is all over ? on 20:05 - Jan 13 with 1032 viewsonehunglow

When this is all over ? on 19:58 - Jan 13 by Scotia

We're pretty much a year in now and not really in a better state. The only saving grace is the vaccine and hopefully better treatments over the next six months and in place before next Autumn.

This isn't going anywhere, but we can't live like this for too much longer. Mental health and the economy of the world will collapse.

It's all down to how much risk we are willing to take I think we vaccinate the vulnerable as often as needed and accept that the virus will still be in circulation. People will get infected but hopefully not get too ill.

I think, as long as the vaccine works, we should be trying to get back to as normal as possible by late spring / early summer.

This has shown how bad some of our people are,how utterly self centred and selfish seeing boozing as a priority.We have a massive drinking culture to go with the most obese nation in Europe tag. We have abandoned care for our elderly and basically leave them to rot anywhere away from us.

We have tens of thousands killed by this-nothing to do with the Tories whatever some think. We still have politicians who use this to point score,as people die. Only now are we waking up somewhat.

We need to change the very culture that is strangling us.

If there were another health threat,people would act the same.

It is profoundly worrying

When this is all over ? on 20:24 - Jan 13 with 997 viewspencoedjack

I thought you were going to say we should have a PS forum get together at a Swans game Keith.

This forum & WhatsApp groups with mates has been a Godsend during the past 10 months.

For all the disagreements that we have on PS we all at least have 1 thing in common, it would be nice to share a beer 👍
When this is all over ? on 20:47 - Jan 13 with 978 viewsonehunglow

When this is all over ? on 20:24 - Jan 13 by pencoedjack

I thought you were going to say we should have a PS forum get together at a Swans game Keith.

This forum & WhatsApp groups with mates has been a Godsend during the past 10 months.

For all the disagreements that we have on PS we all at least have 1 thing in common, it would be nice to share a beer 👍

Amen to that.I'd like to think one day I could fly to Jerez de la Frontera and meet up with Keith and maybe do a few tune with him.

Ive just read there is now a Brazilian strain of covid

When this is all over ? on 20:52 - Jan 13 with 964 viewsbritferry

When this is all over ? on 20:24 - Jan 13 by pencoedjack

we not on PS any more

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

When this is all over ? on 20:53 - Jan 13 with 961 viewsjack2jack

When this is all over ? on 20:05 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

This has shown how bad some of our people are,how utterly self centred and selfish seeing boozing as a priority.We have a massive drinking culture to go with the most obese nation in Europe tag. We have abandoned care for our elderly and basically leave them to rot anywhere away from us.

We have tens of thousands killed by this-nothing to do with the Tories whatever some think. We still have politicians who use this to point score,as people die. Only now are we waking up somewhat.

We need to change the very culture that is strangling us.

If there were another health threat,people would act the same.

It is profoundly worrying

Nothing to do with the encombent government, have a word with yourself.
Seriously,I stated in another thread, they have blood on their hands, and I stand by what I said.
Login to get fewer ads

When this is all over ? on 20:54 - Jan 13 with 958 viewsonehunglow

When this is all over ? on 20:53 - Jan 13 by jack2jack

Nothing to do with the encombent government, have a word with yourself.
Seriously,I stated in another thread, they have blood on their hands, and I stand by what I said.

I have and so do I.
Now ,where does that leave us.

Take a look in the glass

When this is all over ? on 21:04 - Jan 13 with 951 viewsNotLoyal

When this is all over ? on 19:50 - Jan 13 by Dr_Winston

If the vaccine works as expected hopefully it'll mostly be over by summer, unless Governments get overprotective and start thinking that they can eradicate it completely.

Vaccinate the most at risk first then start opening things up. Offer vaccinations to everyone else in turn depending upon need. Keep a stash in reserve/ability to manufacture in case of flareups further down the line. If we can protect the vulnerable we need to do that and then just get on with it. Like we've done every flu season for years.

We can't go on as we have for another year or two. It's hard enough keeping a lid on things as it is. If death rates do fall as a result of vaccination I wouldn't bet against mass disobedience if attempts are made to maintain restrictions to the current levels.

I'm waiting for the first negative stories on people dying of covid even though they were vaccinated. Countries a mess. Media hates to be positive.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

When this is all over ? on 21:05 - Jan 13 with 950 viewsjack2jack

When this is all over ? on 20:54 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

I have and so do I.
Now ,where does that leave us.

Take a look in the glass

So who's in charge, who's leading us, who has all the answers, the expertise.
Why are you so intent on blaming ordinary folk, who in the main are just trying to get through this sh!t storm, by doing the right thing
Why do I need to look in the mirror?
I'll be back later.
When this is all over ? on 21:06 - Jan 13 with 946 viewsonehunglow

When this is all over ? on 21:04 - Jan 13 by NotLoyal

I'm waiting for the first negative stories on people dying of covid even though they were vaccinated. Countries a mess. Media hates to be positive.

It is as if the media plays on bad news.

Without question,anything positive now is buried beneath the bad news

When this is all over ? on 21:07 - Jan 13 with 940 viewsCatullus

I think when we have been vaccinated we will try to return as close as possible to normality just that it'll be a new normal, things won't be exactly the same.

At some point we will just have to get on with it. Hopefully, after vaccinations, the virus will be like flu, we get a strain every year, we have a vaccination and carry on.

If this situation carries on 2 more years I think we'll have some kind of societal breakdown! People just won't accept these restrictions for another long term period.

We have to accept that there will be more deaths every year, there'll be flu AND a strain of covid. We'll need to hand wash and sanitise and generally be more careful but those who don't may be very ill. In other words.

In fewer words, we'll have to learn to live with it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

When this is all over ? on 21:08 - Jan 13 with 926 viewsDr_Winston

When this is all over ? on 21:05 - Jan 13 by jack2jack

Why are you so intent on blaming ordinary folk, who in the main are just trying to get through this sh!t storm, by doing the right thing
I'll be back later.

Apparently pubs and drinking culture are also still largely to blame despite them being shut for most of the last nine months.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

When this is all over ? on 21:11 - Jan 13 with 933 viewsonehunglow

When this is all over ? on 21:07 - Jan 13 by Catullus

I think when we have been vaccinated we will try to return as close as possible to normality just that it'll be a new normal, things won't be exactly the same.

At some point we will just have to get on with it. Hopefully, after vaccinations, the virus will be like flu, we get a strain every year, we have a vaccination and carry on.

If this situation carries on 2 more years I think we'll have some kind of societal breakdown! People just won't accept these restrictions for another long term period.

We have to accept that there will be more deaths every year, there'll be flu AND a strain of covid. We'll need to hand wash and sanitise and generally be more careful but those who don't may be very ill. In other words.

Or,people will eventually twig life ,as we knew it ,is over and adjust accordingly.

If we carry on as we are ,we will continue to see mass deaths

As I say,we have to change our culture,we have to also get fitter and wiser

When this is all over ? on 21:13 - Jan 13 with 927 viewsNotLoyal

I have to say mate, not many are accepting restrictions now, too busy looking round for excuses not to conform and 1600 more registered dead today. I don't see any restrictions really, ok bars closed ( good) and shopping slightly. But for me that saves the coppers a lot of grief on a Saturday night. We have hardly any restrictions compared to Italy and Spain. That's why people are dying.

We are meant to be in a lockdown but there was more traffic on the roads today than this time last year. Before covid. We wouldn't know what restrictions are, because we've hardly had any.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

When this is all over ? on 21:14 - Jan 13 with 927 viewsjack2jack

When this is all over ? on 21:08 - Jan 13 by Dr_Winston

Apparently pubs and drinking culture are also still largely to blame despite them being shut for most of the last nine months.

Exactly. There a lot of finger pointing going on, but no real answers.
When this is all over ? on 21:14 - Jan 13 with 913 viewsDr_Winston

When this is all over ? on 21:04 - Jan 13 by NotLoyal

No doubt some will despite it being a given that no vaccine is 100% effective. Nobody is allowed to die of anything these days. Be it too much sugar or a virus.

When this is all over ? on 21:18 - Jan 13 with 908 viewsDr_Winston

When this is all over ? on 21:14 - Jan 13 by jack2jack

Exactly. There a lot of finger pointing going on, but no real answers.

There's plenty of blame to go around for everybody.

Government (both Westminster and local) have bollocksed up massively at almost every turn, but it ain't all their fault. The machinery of public health moves slowly and inefficiently. People have to look at themselves to a degree too.

And things beyond anyone's control. Demographics didn't help. The fact that the outbreak was covered up to begin with didn't help. Our situation as a massive global transport hub didn't help.

Just a shitshow from start to finish that everyone will be glad to see the back of.

When this is all over ? on 21:25 - Jan 13 with 911 viewsScotia

Furlough finishes at the end of April, from that point we'll have to try and get on with it. Over 50's should have been vaccinated too.

It'll be different. I can see limits on pub and restaurant capacity, covid tests before travelling, vaccine passports and masks on public transport etc.

If we don't move on all sorts of industries will be up in arms. The hospitality industry, retail industry, the arts and travel industry will be relentless in trying to influence the government and have a lot of clout. I can see riots on the street too.
When this is all over ? on 21:26 - Jan 13 with 908 viewsonehunglow

It is a sign that we are afraid.
And rightly so,it has knocked us off our perch .

There was never a panacea for this,literally and only now are we seei ng a vaccine..

I would rather finger pointing that apathy ,which is the mindset of those thinking it'll never happen to them.

There is no chance this country could ever unite and Johnson is damned for thinking it could. In times likes these ,we morph into rats which is the best way to describe the party goers this Christmas that is killing us-literally

When this is all over ? on 21:41 - Jan 13 with 893 viewsKilkennyjack

When this is all over ? on 21:05 - Jan 13 by jack2jack

I'll be back later.

Yes its a Tory led disaster.

85,000 people have died.
Australia have lost 1,000.

Its been handled by a hack who is unfit to govern.
The fact he skipped Cobra meetings tells you lots about him.
He ignored scientific advice, and was out of step with the rest of the world.
He focused on Brexit instead of Covid.

The worst outcomes in the world.

Beware of the Risen People

When this is all over ? on 21:44 - Jan 13 with 887 viewsonehunglow

Killy.

Had Jezza won the last election I doubt matters would be better purely because many of our people do not give a toss.That is what is killing us .

No government would gain the respect of the general British public as people hate being told what to do. Starmer advocated a harsher earlier lockdown. We cant handle this one!

When this is all over ? on 22:25 - Jan 13 with 859 viewsjack2jack

When this is all over ? on 21:18 - Jan 13 by Dr_Winston

There's plenty of blame to go around for everybody.

Government (both Westminster and local) have bollocksed up massively at almost every turn, but it ain't all their fault. The machinery of public health moves slowly and inefficiently. People have to look at themselves to a degree too.

And things beyond anyone's control. Demographics didn't help. The fact that the outbreak was covered up to begin with didn't help. Our situation as a massive global transport hub didn't help.

Just a shitshow from start to finish that everyone will be glad to see the back of.

I agree, and still travel abroad is common place, we needed to shut down earlier, and I mean everything, airports, ports the whole lot, look how this new variant has come into the country,FFS. And they are telling us we can't go to the beach for a walk.Its a joke, no wonder folk have had enough, sh!t show doesn't even cover it by half.
Boris on his bike, Piers Morgan in Antigua. They are taking the piss, the elite are at it again.
Yes there are elements who a taking the Mick, but not enough, to cause the deaths we are seeing. Some people need to open their eyes, empty offices, cities like ghost towns, people sitting in their homes week after week, not going anywhere or seeing the family for months, but yet it's all our fault, deluded.
When this is all over ? on 22:43 - Jan 13 with 843 viewsKilkennyjack

When this is all over ? on 21:44 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

Killy.

Had Jezza won the last election I doubt matters would be better purely because many of our people do not give a toss.That is what is killing us .

No government would gain the respect of the general British public as people hate being told what to do. Starmer advocated a harsher earlier lockdown. We cant handle this one!

I agree about Jezza.

Another totally useless posh boy.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024