Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders 10:21 - Jan 15 with 12603 views34dfgdf54

Set to sign on 6 month loan according to the Telegraph and Mitchelmore

[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 10:30]
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 10:40 - Jan 15 with 7445 viewsKeithHaynes

Absolute 100% this, would be a decent addition.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 10:41 - Jan 15 with 7442 views34dfgdf54

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 10:40 - Jan 15 by KeithHaynes

Absolute 100% this, would be a decent addition.

Never heard of him Keith, know much about him?
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:07 - Jan 15 with 7381 viewsHighjack

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 10:41 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

Good welsh name, solid scoring record, has diabetes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 11:18 - Jan 15 with 7346 viewsKeithHaynes

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 10:41 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

The inquiry is 100% for sure. But it’s just that. I’ve no doubt the club have made many calls.

I do recall a short documentary on him with Garry Mabutt as Morris is type 1 diabetic. Scores goals at the level he is at for sure.

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:04 - Jan 15 with 7270 viewsHighjack

Here’s the obligatory YouTube video. Looks strong, two footed, very unselfish, good crosser. But then Pawel Abbott was a world beater in his YouTube showreel so who knows?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:06 - Jan 15 with 7258 viewsonehunglow

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:04 - Jan 15 by Highjack

Here’s the obligatory YouTube video. Looks strong, two footed, very unselfish, good crosser. But then Pawel Abbott was a world beater in his YouTube showreel so who knows?

Looks sizeable to me.He would do

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:30 - Jan 15 with 7210 views34dfgdf54

Hmm. Not sure on this one.

Spidey senses telling me - Vik mk2
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:47 - Jan 15 with 7155 viewshobo

Looks a lovely player. Forget a loan, get him in on a perm
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:56 - Jan 15 with 7131 viewsBadlands

Add assists to his goal tally last season and he's averaging a goal every 108 minutes ... but all from left wing!
Will he get a game?
Decent loan if it happens.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 13:26 - Jan 15 with 7063 viewsKeithHaynes

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:47 - Jan 15 by hobo

Looks a lovely player. Forget a loan, get him in on a perm

That seems to be the plan.
That’s a loan, then permanent signing if we go up.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 14:22 - Jan 15 with 6985 views34dfgdf54

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:56 - Jan 15 by Badlands

Add assists to his goal tally last season and he's averaging a goal every 108 minutes ... but all from left wing!
Will he get a game?
Decent loan if it happens.

I think I’d get 1 in 5 in MLS.
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 14:24 - Jan 15 with 6981 viewseljinca

American based Swans fan here. I've watched Morris for many years in MLS and for the USMNT.

Morris was highly touted prospect in the States, making a senior national team appearance prior to his professional debut. He tore his ACL in game 2-3 years ago and missed an entire year. He's been a fringe national team player since, and I wouldn't anticipate him making the USMNT squad in the next World Cup cycle.

He's been a consistent top player in MLS for one of the 2-3 top MLS teams. My opinion from watching a lot of MLS over the years and our games in the Championship, the overall level of the Championship is higher, but the top teams in MLS would be equivalent to promotion-level Championship squads. Seattle is one of those.

In terms of his play, he usually plays on the wing, usually left, and straight line speed is his greatest asset. I don't know if it has returned entirely to his pre-injury pace, but he is still fast. He has a good sense for making runs and putting himself in good positions in the box and finishes well from short range. I've never seen him present much as an aerial threat, although he's 6'0".

How he fits with our current squad, I don't know. He isn't a no 9, and wouldn't be at his best holding up play. I'm not sure I would rate him over Lowe, certainly not Ayew. He would definitely be an upgrade over Gyokeres as a substitute/depth. It is strange to me that he would leave Seattle and the MLS for Swansea (Seattle is his local club and he turned down an offer to move to Werder Bremen a few years ago). I guess as it's the off-season for MLS, a short term loan has little downside?
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 14:27 - Jan 15 with 6973 viewsKeithHaynes

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 14:24 - Jan 15 by eljinca

American based Swans fan here. I've watched Morris for many years in MLS and for the USMNT.

Morris was highly touted prospect in the States, making a senior national team appearance prior to his professional debut. He tore his ACL in game 2-3 years ago and missed an entire year. He's been a fringe national team player since, and I wouldn't anticipate him making the USMNT squad in the next World Cup cycle.

He's been a consistent top player in MLS for one of the 2-3 top MLS teams. My opinion from watching a lot of MLS over the years and our games in the Championship, the overall level of the Championship is higher, but the top teams in MLS would be equivalent to promotion-level Championship squads. Seattle is one of those.

In terms of his play, he usually plays on the wing, usually left, and straight line speed is his greatest asset. I don't know if it has returned entirely to his pre-injury pace, but he is still fast. He has a good sense for making runs and putting himself in good positions in the box and finishes well from short range. I've never seen him present much as an aerial threat, although he's 6'0".

How he fits with our current squad, I don't know. He isn't a no 9, and wouldn't be at his best holding up play. I'm not sure I would rate him over Lowe, certainly not Ayew. He would definitely be an upgrade over Gyokeres as a substitute/depth. It is strange to me that he would leave Seattle and the MLS for Swansea (Seattle is his local club and he turned down an offer to move to Werder Bremen a few years ago). I guess as it's the off-season for MLS, a short term loan has little downside?

Thanks for your contribution, premier league could be the reason ?

Also, If this does happen, I can see him being played in front of the midfield.

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 14:47 - Jan 15 with 6924 viewseljinca

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 14:27 - Jan 15 by KeithHaynes

Thanks for your contribution, premier league could be the reason ?

Also, If this does happen, I can see him being played in front of the midfield.

Yes - I could see him thinking, "I can play for Swansea during MLS off-season, if they are promoted, great, I'm in the Premier League. If not, back to MLS."

Also, I don't see him playing as a no 10 or attacking mid. He's a forward or winger in my book.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 14:50]
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 15:01 - Jan 15 with 6883 viewsAndyCole

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 14:47 - Jan 15 by eljinca

Yes - I could see him thinking, "I can play for Swansea during MLS off-season, if they are promoted, great, I'm in the Premier League. If not, back to MLS."

Also, I don't see him playing as a no 10 or attacking mid. He's a forward or winger in my book.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 14:50]

Sounds like a Lowe, if so could fit in well to our fluid front line

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 15:02 - Jan 15 with 6881 viewssplJack

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 12:30 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

Hmm. Not sure on this one.

Spidey senses telling me - Vik mk2

I think this fella looks a lot more promising than young Vik.

Solid scoring record in MLS and a full international, I'd be happy to see us take a punt.
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 16:26 - Jan 15 with 6757 viewsnyc_swans

This is a no-brainer and a lot more exciting than Watters. this is a player who has been talked about as potentially moving to a top flight team for a long time and who is coming off a very strong year for the best team in MLS. his versatility across the front line makes him a good fit for the system cooper prefers.

he will have a point to prove as well. would be an excellent signing IMO.
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 16:45 - Jan 15 with 6710 viewsThornburyswan

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 14:24 - Jan 15 by eljinca

Thanks for that, interesting read.

Feels to me that Cooper/Scott are looking to add a similar & flexible third striker to compliment Ayew/Lowe so he can generally play 2 from the 3 - unless we are chasing a game & might throw the 3rd on.

Whilst I’d have preferred to retain MGW & Palmer we couldn’t control that and if we close this window with Morris & Hourihane replacing them I’d be cool with that.
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 17:43 - Jan 15 with 6613 views34dfgdf54

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 15:02 - Jan 15 by splJack

I think this fella looks a lot more promising than young Vik.

Solid scoring record in MLS and a full international, I'd be happy to see us take a punt.

You could be right, on the videos I have seen since I made that comment he looks a lot quicker than I thought.

I just have serious doubts when I hear of players coming over from MLS, I mean no disrespect to the posters on here from the states.
Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 18:20 - Jan 15 with 6540 viewsFlashberryjack

Looks to have good feet, can pick out a pass, strong, and has a fair bit of pace.

I know my view is just from a youtube clip, and they can be massively misleading, but I do like what I've seen.

Hope we can get this deal done, and many thanks to our American based Swans fan for the info, much appreciated.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 20:51 - Jan 15 with 6320 viewsonehunglow

jut get him in asap

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 21:51 - Jan 15 with 6262 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 16:45 - Jan 15 by Thornburyswan

Thanks for that, interesting read.

Feels to me that Cooper/Scott are looking to add a similar & flexible third striker to compliment Ayew/Lowe so he can generally play 2 from the 3 - unless we are chasing a game & might throw the 3rd on.

Whilst I’d have preferred to retain MGW & Palmer we couldn’t control that and if we close this window with Morris & Hourihane replacing them I’d be cool with that.

The report I read said he was with the US National side training camp so his form must be good after the injury our US based friend told us about.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 23:27 - Jan 15 with 6145 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 18:20 - Jan 15 by Flashberryjack

Looks to have good feet, can pick out a pass, strong, and has a fair bit of pace.

I know my view is just from a youtube clip, and they can be massively misleading, but I do like what I've seen.

Hope we can get this deal done, and many thanks to our American based Swans fan for the info, much appreciated.

What stands out is the variation in his passing, he can pick out a sand wedge and chip a lovely pass to find a team mate when a more conventional pass isn’t possible. Very encouraging

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 02:10 - Jan 16 with 6056 viewsDr_Parnassus

Not sure about this one, feels another square peg in a round hole. Not that I had ever heard of him before but going from his natural position and the clips of his matches I’m not entirely sure where he fits.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 09:24 - Jan 16 with 5939 viewsThornburyswan

Jordan Morris - Seattle Sounders on 02:10 - Jan 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure about this one, feels another square peg in a round hole. Not that I had ever heard of him before but going from his natural position and the clips of his matches I’m not entirely sure where he fits.

Also not sure how & if the new border controls might impact this deal - as a minimum would likely delay any move & joining the first team squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024