Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Restrictions on incoming flights 20:58 - Jan 15 with 536 viewsonehunglow

Bit late but it can only help.

Just a shame we didn't introduce harsh measures initially but it is something "positive"

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:18 - Jan 15 with 519 viewsjack2jack

What the hell is positive about them doing it now, they are twelve months too late.
Its cost thousands of lives. Too little too late.
Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:22 - Jan 15 with 517 viewsonehunglow

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:18 - Jan 15 by jack2jack

What the hell is positive about them doing it now, they are twelve months too late.
Its cost thousands of lives. Too little too late.

Well,it' better than allowing this Brazilian strain from screwing us .

We must learn not harp back to previous mistakes

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:24 - Jan 15 with 516 viewsexhmrc1

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:22 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

It is definitely needed and should have happened a year ago. The biggest mistake of all. The trouble is by the time it comes in the virus will have already come here.
Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:30 - Jan 15 with 505 viewsonehunglow

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:24 - Jan 15 by exhmrc1

It is definitely needed and should have happened a year ago. The biggest mistake of all. The trouble is by the time it comes in the virus will have already come here.

True enough but it will help surely.

My point is we should not harp on about the many mistakes made.

Every country has made them.

Italy and most of Europe are screwing up over vacinations now

Surely to God, can't we see anything as positive now. We might as well crawl and die

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:31 - Jan 15 with 505 viewsjack2jack

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:22 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Mistakes that have cost lives, livelihoods, businesses the list is endless.
We can't just brush it under the carpet, like it's never happened, there will be a full independent enquiry, and heads will roll, no cover ups, no flimflam. It's been a total mess.
Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:32 - Jan 15 with 501 viewsonehunglow

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:31 - Jan 15 by jack2jack

Mistakes that have cost lives, livelihoods, businesses the list is endless.
We can't just brush it under the carpet, like it's never happened, there will be a full independent enquiry, and heads will roll, no cover ups, no flimflam. It's been a total mess.

They have.
No argument with you on that.

However, we have to learn from mistakes made.

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:34 - Jan 15 with 500 viewsjack2jack

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:32 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

They have.
No argument with you on that.

However, we have to learn from mistakes made.

Lessons need to be learned, let's hope we never see the like ever again.
Restrictions on incoming flights on 22:26 - Jan 15 with 483 viewsScotia

By only restricting flights is postponing the inevitable, and we can't completely shut the border.

What is more worrying is that they have felt the need to do this. There is clearly a worry that there is a vaccine resistant strain out there.

I also thought it was telling that Whitty said that this required an international effort, at the moment the UK do 50% of the entire world's genomic sequencing of Covid.
Login to get fewer ads

Restrictions on incoming flights on 22:34 - Jan 15 with 473 viewsProfessor

Only U.K. and Denmark are using sequencing as part of surveillance. We are part of the COG consortium. Picking up new variants. No other countries have anywhere near the same level of understanding of change. Shame they are not acted upon more quickly. Probably pointless to restrict flights now. The Brazilian P1 strain is almost certainly here already ( which Wendy Barclay indicated today). I have huge respect for her and her science
Restrictions on incoming flights on 22:52 - Jan 15 with 456 viewsBoundy

Mistake "an act or judgement that is misguided or wrong" so it wasn't a mistake because if it was it would mean the government had actually did something ,but they haven't until now

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Restrictions on incoming flights on 22:54 - Jan 15 with 455 viewsScotia

Restrictions on incoming flights on 22:34 - Jan 15 by Professor

Only U.K. and Denmark are using sequencing as part of surveillance. We are part of the COG consortium. Picking up new variants. No other countries have anywhere near the same level of understanding of change. Shame they are not acted upon more quickly. Probably pointless to restrict flights now. The Brazilian P1 strain is almost certainly here already ( which Wendy Barclay indicated today). I have huge respect for her and her science

I read today that it emerged in July, if that is the case I'm sure it is here and everywhere else too.

I did think that one of the new variants may be responsible for the recent outbreaks in China.

At least we had two and a half months of normality in 2020!
Restrictions on incoming flights on 00:29 - Jan 16 with 423 viewsexhmrc1

Restrictions on incoming flights on 21:30 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

True enough but it will help surely.

My point is we should not harp on about the many mistakes made.

Every country has made them.

Italy and most of Europe are screwing up over vacinations now

Surely to God, can't we see anything as positive now. We might as well crawl and die

Certainly there are positives. The figure in Wales have been dropping for 3 weeks but you wouldnt think that on here. Our figure has gone from 3013 on 23 December to 1808 today and is likely to keep dropping. Hopefully this will happen elsewhere in the UK but other nations are some way behind us after going into lockdown later. The hospital inpatient figures has dropped from 312 to 276 in Swansea Bay and will continue dropping. The vaccination should stop those most at risk of catching it. Again the figures on vaccinations today show Wales at 4.0 as against Scotland 4.1 but you wouldnt believe that if you just read here.

You are right we do need to look positively at things but there is also a need to learn lessons from some of the poor decisions made.
Restrictions on incoming flights on 09:08 - Jan 16 with 373 viewsonehunglow

Restrictions on incoming flights on 00:29 - Jan 16 by exhmrc1

Certainly there are positives. The figure in Wales have been dropping for 3 weeks but you wouldnt think that on here. Our figure has gone from 3013 on 23 December to 1808 today and is likely to keep dropping. Hopefully this will happen elsewhere in the UK but other nations are some way behind us after going into lockdown later. The hospital inpatient figures has dropped from 312 to 276 in Swansea Bay and will continue dropping. The vaccination should stop those most at risk of catching it. Again the figures on vaccinations today show Wales at 4.0 as against Scotland 4.1 but you wouldnt believe that if you just read here.

You are right we do need to look positively at things but there is also a need to learn lessons from some of the poor decisions made.

I wonder also how we should/could deal with the boat migrants who are also here and from covid affected countries. They would also be potential carriers and we would never know.

We are also in a land where illegals are not only encouraged but supported if and when they come.

It is very hard indeed to isolate completely an island like ours positioned where it is. New Zealand is a different scenario completly.

Thanks for some great replies

Restrictions on incoming flights on 10:42 - Jan 16 with 353 viewscontroversial_jack

Restrictions on incoming flights on 09:08 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

I wonder also how we should/could deal with the boat migrants who are also here and from covid affected countries. They would also be potential carriers and we would never know.

We are also in a land where illegals are not only encouraged but supported if and when they come.

It is very hard indeed to isolate completely an island like ours positioned where it is. New Zealand is a different scenario completly.

Any asylum seekers would be quarantined for a while until they are covid free

I agree it's difficult as we get 130 million travellers Every year and NZ get's a fraction of that, but I don't believe there are any effective checks for ppl entering the uk. no tests, no quarantines etc.
Restrictions on incoming flights on 10:53 - Jan 16 with 344 viewsonehunglow

I was thinking of those who slip through the very large net.

Restrictions on incoming flights on 10:55 - Jan 16 with 343 viewsexhmrc1

Restrictions on incoming flights on 09:08 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

As for your last paragraph it isnt down to Geography. Singapore isnt far from Malaysia but they have done it. Germany closed borders and it is far more difficult for them. We are an island just like New Zealand, Australia and Singapore so had a huge advantage over mainland Europe. We didnt do it because of fears over the travel industry just like Johnson brought in the one metre plus rule for hospitality despite it being against the advice of his medical and scientific experts.

Throughout this Johnson has gone against medical advice and has only now gone back to following advice when the situation has gone out of control. Ideas like we would be out of the virus by Christmas, telling people to go back to work rather than working from home as the virus was increasing and twice letting crowds back into stadia when figures were rocketing are beyond belief and totally irresponsible. Drakeford bringing in a rule to say 4 people of different households can sit together in pus is equally as bad but generally Drakeford has followed advice unlike Johnson.

As far as migrants are concerned we havent helped ourselves through Brexit. Why should the French do anything to stop them coming here after we chose to leave the EU. It is our problem not anybody else. Perhaps the answer regarding migrants and covid is to quarantine them but then I suppose we largely do that by having them in detention camps and I mean quarantine not self isolation.
Restrictions on incoming flights on 10:58 - Jan 16 with 340 viewsonehunglow

Restrictions on incoming flights on 10:55 - Jan 16 by exhmrc1

As for your last paragraph it isnt down to Geography. Singapore isnt far from Malaysia but they have done it. Germany closed borders and it is far more difficult for them. We are an island just like New Zealand, Australia and Singapore so had a huge advantage over mainland Europe. We didnt do it because of fears over the travel industry just like Johnson brought in the one metre plus rule for hospitality despite it being against the advice of his medical and scientific experts.

Throughout this Johnson has gone against medical advice and has only now gone back to following advice when the situation has gone out of control. Ideas like we would be out of the virus by Christmas, telling people to go back to work rather than working from home as the virus was increasing and twice letting crowds back into stadia when figures were rocketing are beyond belief and totally irresponsible. Drakeford bringing in a rule to say 4 people of different households can sit together in pus is equally as bad but generally Drakeford has followed advice unlike Johnson.

As far as migrants are concerned we havent helped ourselves through Brexit. Why should the French do anything to stop them coming here after we chose to leave the EU. It is our problem not anybody else. Perhaps the answer regarding migrants and covid is to quarantine them but then I suppose we largely do that by having them in detention camps and I mean quarantine not self isolation.

I don’t agree with your opening but I do as regards the rest.
A class post .

It s a shame all can’t post as you do.

Restrictions on incoming flights on 16:21 - Jan 16 with 299 viewsexhmrc1

Restrictions on incoming flights on 10:58 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

I don’t agree with your opening but I do as regards the rest.
A class post .

It s a shame all can’t post as you do.

Some good news locally

Across Swansea and Neath Port Talbot the majority of care home residents have now been vaccinated by GPs and nurses in the community.

Latest figures show that 58 care homes have been visited with 1,600 vaccinations given.

Those residents who are currently infected with Covid cannot have the vaccine, but will be revisited soon.
Restrictions on incoming flights on 16:33 - Jan 16 with 297 viewsonehunglow

Nice to read that.Wife's mum jabbed last week.Hope I will soon

Restrictions on incoming flights on 16:46 - Jan 16 with 294 viewsexhmrc1

Restrictions on incoming flights on 16:33 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Nice to read that.Wife's mum jabbed last week.Hope I will soon

You will probably get yours in Feb supplies willing. Wales hasnt has one of its supplies this week so some are having jabs cancelled. Will hopefully be picked up next week. Apparently 22000 not received.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024