Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal celebrations 10:29 - Jan 16 with 395 viewsbuilthjack

Hugging, jumping on each other etc etc.
They are not supposed to do it.
Managers are all saying they can't help it.
If they were all fined 2 weeks wages every time they did it , they would stop immediately.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Goal celebrations on 10:49 - Jan 16 with 377 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If players are not allowed to hug each other occasionally why is rugby allowed at all?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Goal celebrations on 10:52 - Jan 16 with 375 viewsonehunglow

Top pros should be able to contain their joy at doing something they paid handsomely. Rugby,cricket and all sports included.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Goal celebrations on 11:02 - Jan 16 with 360 viewsraynor94

Goal celebrations on 10:49 - Jan 16 by Joe_bradshaw

If players are not allowed to hug each other occasionally why is rugby allowed at all?

Great point!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Goal celebrations on 11:15 - Jan 16 with 354 viewsNeath_Jack

Goal celebrations on 10:49 - Jan 16 by Joe_bradshaw

Because contact is a necessary part of rugby, take that out and the game doesn't happen.

Hugging each other after a goal is not part of the game. Take that away and it has no bearing on the game at all.

You must always try and reduce the level of risk, to as low as is reasonably practicable.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Goal celebrations on 11:37 - Jan 16 with 346 viewsonehunglow

Why celebrate a goal when it will one that is not enough to win a game.

Goal celebrations on 11:48 - Jan 16 with 336 viewsThornburyswan

Now the FA/League have sent reminders out to all the clubs it will be interesting to see if they allow postponements if clubs have multiple positive test results involving players who celebrated - for me there should be no Covid call-offs any club isolating their first team should have to play the match with the U23s/kids - like a few in the FA cup.
Goal celebrations on 11:56 - Jan 16 with 333 viewshobo

Fined for celebrating together ffs! Get a grip
Goal celebrations on 12:00 - Jan 16 with 331 viewsonehunglow

No ,because it is to take precautions to see that fellow pros do not get it-as they are .

It seems pretty dumb to me,fish pumping before a game then crawling all over your chum after a goal is scored.

How did the likes of Matthews,Finney,Lofthouse ,Charles,Allchurch,Greaves,Law manage to contain their joy as all of those were involved in many many goals.

Can't imagine Charlo being too enamoured with a team mate jumping on to his back wanting to kiss him

Login to get fewer ads

Goal celebrations on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 316 viewsjackrmee

Goal celebrations on 11:48 - Jan 16 by Thornburyswan

Now the FA/League have sent reminders out to all the clubs it will be interesting to see if they allow postponements if clubs have multiple positive test results involving players who celebrated - for me there should be no Covid call-offs any club isolating their first team should have to play the match with the U23s/kids - like a few in the FA cup.

Celebrating goals, or celebrating birthdays/Christmas etc?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Goal celebrations on 12:31 - Jan 16 with 316 viewsjackrmee

Shirley the spitting and snotting should be the first thing to get fined for before celebrations? The players are caught on camera, live, doing it multiple times per game.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Goal celebrations on 12:35 - Jan 16 with 312 viewsonehunglow

Indeed so.They bent the knee then Gob-everywhere .

They will defend it no doubt.

You see kids copying on every sports field -the ones left anyway

Goal celebrations on 13:06 - Jan 16 with 297 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Goal celebrations on 11:15 - Jan 16 by Neath_Jack

Because contact is a necessary part of rugby, take that out and the game doesn't happen.

Hugging each other after a goal is not part of the game. Take that away and it has no bearing on the game at all.

You must always try and reduce the level of risk, to as low as is reasonably practicable.

If the risk assessment says hugging shouldn’t happen in football on health & safety grounds then surely the same risk assessment would say rugby shouldn’t happen at all if it purely a health & safety matter? If the view is that the sport should go ahead but minimise risk that’s fine but it should be clear that football and rugby are not being assessed to the same standards.

Goal celebrations on 13:14 - Jan 16 with 291 viewsonehunglow

When football is being criticised in Wales ,it i often the case,"what about rugby appears a that game is seen a a threat to football and one which was /is rammed down throats by welsh media,or simply a game many schoolboys hated as they were forced to play in in the old Grammar school system.Getting bashed as a kid leaves a lasting legacy.

ALL sport needs to do more to protect itself as is obvious.

Goal celebrations on 13:18 - Jan 16 with 286 viewsNeath_Jack

Goal celebrations on 13:06 - Jan 16 by Joe_bradshaw

If the risk assessment says hugging shouldn’t happen in football on health & safety grounds then surely the same risk assessment would say rugby shouldn’t happen at all if it purely a health & safety matter? If the view is that the sport should go ahead but minimise risk that’s fine but it should be clear that football and rugby are not being assessed to the same standards.

Reasonably practicable.

Is it reasonable for footballers not to hug each other. The answer is yes, of course it is.

Is is reasonable, or practicable for rugby players not to have contact during a game of rugby. Again, the answer is obvious. If you take that out of the game, then the games doesn't happen.

Is rugby safe to be playing during this pandemic is another question all together. And to a lesser extent, the same applies to football, or any contact sport.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Goal celebrations on 13:20 - Jan 16 with 286 viewsjackrmee

Its all bollocks lads. They want to send kids back to school ffs. Banning hugging in celebrations would be nothing more than a token gesture to show us at home who are watching on tv that they are acting correctly (according to guidlelines), not for ACTUAL safety.

Goal celebrations on 13:23 - Jan 16 with 280 viewsNeath_Jack

Goal celebrations on 13:20 - Jan 16 by jackrmee

Its all bollocks lads. They want to send kids back to school ffs. Banning hugging in celebrations would be nothing more than a token gesture to show us at home who are watching on tv that they are acting correctly (according to guidlelines), not for ACTUAL safety.

It's all bollocks because you want it to be.

Comparing schools to football, is like comparing toast, to white dog shite.

Goal celebrations on 13:40 - Jan 16 with 268 viewsbuilthjack

Goal celebrations on 11:15 - Jan 16 by Neath_Jack

This

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Goal celebrations on 14:12 - Jan 16 with 249 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Goal celebrations on 13:18 - Jan 16 by Neath_Jack

Reasonably practicable.

Is it reasonable for footballers not to hug each other. The answer is yes, of course it is.

Is is reasonable, or practicable for rugby players not to have contact during a game of rugby. Again, the answer is obvious. If you take that out of the game, then the games doesn't happen.

Is rugby safe to be playing during this pandemic is another question all together. And to a lesser extent, the same applies to football, or any contact sport.

Yes, I suppose that is the question that I'm asking.

Goal celebrations on 14:35 - Jan 16 with 233 viewsonehunglow

Goal celebrations on 13:20 - Jan 16 by jackrmee

Well,it might not be.
Seeing a the vivus is passed on by close contact and touch,there seems a fair chance hugging and kissing could spread it.In fact ,looking at the way it has spread within football,it seems anything but a token and a way of helping it spread.

Anyway, it's a matter of balance...Avoid kissing and mouth contact and possibly spread it or simply restrain themselves and enjoy the win. If there is no win,then any celebrations seem dumber than dumb,almost as dumb as people on here believing what they think is THE panacea for this curse.

It is not really asking a lot-like donating just 10 % of Premier League wages to help NHS.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024