Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You have to hand it to Brendan 22:25 - Jan 19 with 802 viewsraynor94

Hit the front tonight with a dominant win over Chelsea

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

You have to hand it to Brendan on 22:42 - Jan 19 with 784 viewsangryjack

Quality manager.. Fair dos
You have to hand it to Brendan on 22:53 - Jan 19 with 768 viewsDr_Parnassus

I’m no out and out Jenkins hater like many.

Some point to not signing Joe Allen, but not bringing back Brendan when he was all set to come was by far Jenkins’ biggest error.

Best manager we have had for decades.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

You have to hand it to Brendan on 23:01 - Jan 19 with 766 viewsangryjack

You have to hand it to Brendan on 22:53 - Jan 19 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m no out and out Jenkins hater like many.

Some point to not signing Joe Allen, but not bringing back Brendan when he was all set to come was by far Jenkins’ biggest error.

Best manager we have had for decades.

Best manager as he has proved at other clubs,but best football was laudrup for me...Brendan and Martinez also great but laudrup was something else.I was watching clips on you tube thee other day of our run in Europe the football was something else.
You have to hand it to Brendan on 23:44 - Jan 19 with 726 viewsDr_Parnassus

You have to hand it to Brendan on 23:01 - Jan 19 by angryjack

Best manager as he has proved at other clubs,but best football was laudrup for me...Brendan and Martinez also great but laudrup was something else.I was watching clips on you tube thee other day of our run in Europe the football was something else.

For a short period of time I would agree, the stars aligned for about 8 months. The rest was dismal and the fact he hasn’t been able to replicate it since (or before) would suggest that was the case. Right time, right environment and right group.

I’m also not one for the “never go back” slogan, if it makes sense then I’m always willing to. Laudrup however; is someone that I wouldn’t appoint again. Best kept as some brief but incredible memories.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

You have to hand it to Brendan on 23:54 - Jan 19 with 721 viewsangryjack

You have to hand it to Brendan on 23:44 - Jan 19 by Dr_Parnassus

For a short period of time I would agree, the stars aligned for about 8 months. The rest was dismal and the fact he hasn’t been able to replicate it since (or before) would suggest that was the case. Right time, right environment and right group.

I’m also not one for the “never go back” slogan, if it makes sense then I’m always willing to. Laudrup however; is someone that I wouldn’t appoint again. Best kept as some brief but incredible memories.

I agree but while it lasted it was great..if Jennings had backed him when we was on an upward spiral instead of causing a mutiny with certain players to split the camp we could have got better,it went downhill because Jenkins wanted involvement in transfers because he was definitely having backhanders off agents,but laudrup and his agent tutumulu or something his name was wanted their players it proved that when Jenkins wanted marvin faakin emnes back in premier league when laudrup said not heard of him...should have trusted laudrup as players he signed were top class...
You have to hand it to Brendan on 00:46 - Jan 20 with 689 viewsItchySphincter

You have to hand it to Brendan on 23:01 - Jan 19 by angryjack

Brendan couldn’t have achieved what he did without Martinez and Sousa. Laudrup prospered from the groundwork laid by all of them. That’s not a criticism, he did very well, but he didn’t reinvent the wheel.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

You have to hand it to Brendan on 06:04 - Jan 20 with 642 viewsDr_Winston

You have to hand it to Brendan on 00:46 - Jan 20 by ItchySphincter

Brendan couldn’t have achieved what he did without Martinez and Sousa. Laudrup prospered from the groundwork laid by all of them. That’s not a criticism, he did very well, but he didn’t reinvent the wheel.

Martinez and Sousa couldn't have done what they did without the work done by KJ and Flynn before them. We had an unbroken run of managers who all successfully built on what came before them until the idiot Monk decided to start tearing it down.

Rodgers has done excellent work in recent years but I suspect we'd be rueing his absence less if we'd properly backed Guidolin at the time instead of insulting and undermining him before handing the job to Bobbly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

You have to hand it to Brendan on 09:01 - Jan 20 with 557 viewsItchySphincter

You have to hand it to Brendan on 06:04 - Jan 20 by Dr_Winston

Martinez and Sousa couldn't have done what they did without the work done by KJ and Flynn before them. We had an unbroken run of managers who all successfully built on what came before them until the idiot Monk decided to start tearing it down.

Rodgers has done excellent work in recent years but I suspect we'd be rueing his absence less if we'd properly backed Guidolin at the time instead of insulting and undermining him before handing the job to Bobbly.

I considered mentioning KJ and Flynn.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

You have to hand it to Brendan on 09:31 - Jan 20 with 531 viewsFireboy2

You have to hand it to Brendan on 06:04 - Jan 20 by Dr_Winston

Now sacking guidolin and bringing in bobbly is up there with the biggest mistakes that any PL club has ever made.

Guidolin would have stabilised the ship when it was rocking and took it forward.
You have to hand it to Brendan on 09:42 - Jan 20 with 517 views34dfgdf54

You have to hand it to Brendan on 09:31 - Jan 20 by Fireboy2

Now sacking guidolin and bringing in bobbly is up there with the biggest mistakes that any PL club has ever made.

Guidolin would have stabilised the ship when it was rocking and took it forward.

Too much player power, they were hiring and firing alongside HJ during those times and Guidolin was another who fell victim to it.
You have to hand it to Brendan on 09:42 - Jan 20 with 517 viewsVincent_Vega

From memory I thought Guidolin did quite well with us and never got the chance he deserved, plus the club sh@ on him from a great height which was the first time in a long while I was embarrassed by their actions and to replace him with Brad Bobbly was an impressive piece lunacy.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

You have to hand it to Brendan on 09:45 - Jan 20 with 516 viewsDr_Winston

The man had a proven track record of enabling teams to punch above their weight in a league comprised of much wealthier rivals, and doing it by playing decent football. He'd have been tailor made for us if properly supported. Instead it seemed lke we couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

You have to hand it to Brendan on 10:16 - Jan 20 with 485 viewsswancity

You have to hand it to Brendan on 09:45 - Jan 20 by Dr_Winston

The man had a proven track record of enabling teams to punch above their weight in a league comprised of much wealthier rivals, and doing it by playing decent football. He'd have been tailor made for us if properly supported. Instead it seemed lke we couldn't wait to get rid of him.

True jobs

By “we” I assume you mean our American owners I assume who couldn’t wait to bring Bradley in. If was part of a master plan to increase appeal in USA and the knock on commercial gain.

Guidolin wasn’t a physically fit man, but despite a big pay off that was no way to treat him.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

You have to hand it to Brendan on 11:52 - Jan 20 with 429 viewskrunchykarrot

Also LCFC have a first class scouting system. The right fullback Justin last night was superb, add to that great fitness levels and they look a very good footballing side. I look forward to watching them.

Going off topic a little, why are there not many CF like Vardy anymore, a dream for midfielders to play with.
You have to hand it to Brendan on 12:11 - Jan 20 with 416 viewsonehunglow

Leicester City are hardly my favourite team and their and aint my cup of tea either but their transformation ha been remarkable and their PL win is not shown to be no fluke.

Owners with financial clout and shrewd management,ruthless when needed..

We should not really look back but Rodgers should ideally have been brought back but we didnt have the financial package and that was that,so it really shows it i all down to Owners and how they fund clubs.

Leicester look well set to break into the "big 6".

Anyone remembering the old crummy Filbert St days must be rubbing their eyes in incredulity every game.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

You have to hand it to Brendan on 13:24 - Jan 20 with 361 viewspencoedjack

Brendan Rodgers should be very thankful to Swansea City probably be knocking around the under 21s at a PL side if it wasn’t for us.

Sacked at Liverpool

Won things in Scotland when there was no team to challenge him, left at the 1st opportunity

Probably end up around 6th in the PL with Leicester which with their finances should be around where they should be finishing

Done a great job for us
You have to hand it to Brendan on 13:53 - Jan 20 with 346 viewsReslovenSwan1

Guidolin was a fine man and a good manager. he was given a chance for 6 months and delivered another season in the PL and selivered the safe passage of the sale. Someplayers like Neil Taylor and Ki allegedly had public strops with him. Players should not do that to a Swansea manager. He should have punished these players.

Guidolin As I read somewhere wanted and persuaded Llorente to join Swansea. He had no say in Fer and Borja.

He was not treated badly by Swansea as they honoured is contract on fantatic money and he has enjoyed spending in on the Dolce vita. His assistent still today talks fondly of Swansea. Italian coaches all churn in the jobs market. It part of the deal.

When your are his age people do not worry too much about birthdays. (that is another stick to bat the club with) Sacking him was a big mistake which led to Clement. Clement probably achieved no more than what Guidoloin would have achieved (which is possibly unfair to Clement) but Guidolon might have had more expereience and clout than Clement than accepting Clucas, Bony and Sanches. Had only one of them met expectations the club would have stayed up.

Wise sage since Toshack era

You have to hand it to Brendan on 15:08 - Jan 20 with 320 viewsVincent_Vega

You have to hand it to Brendan on 13:53 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Guidolin was a fine man and a good manager. he was given a chance for 6 months and delivered another season in the PL and selivered the safe passage of the sale. Someplayers like Neil Taylor and Ki allegedly had public strops with him. Players should not do that to a Swansea manager. He should have punished these players.

Guidolin As I read somewhere wanted and persuaded Llorente to join Swansea. He had no say in Fer and Borja.

He was not treated badly by Swansea as they honoured is contract on fantatic money and he has enjoyed spending in on the Dolce vita. His assistent still today talks fondly of Swansea. Italian coaches all churn in the jobs market. It part of the deal.

When your are his age people do not worry too much about birthdays. (that is another stick to bat the club with) Sacking him was a big mistake which led to Clement. Clement probably achieved no more than what Guidoloin would have achieved (which is possibly unfair to Clement) but Guidolon might have had more expereience and clout than Clement than accepting Clucas, Bony and Sanches. Had only one of them met expectations the club would have stayed up.

That's a long winded way of saying the club didn't have a clue what to do and thus fwked it up.

You have to hand it to Brendan on 15:57 - Jan 20 with 296 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You have to hand it to Brendan on 15:08 - Jan 20 by Vincent_Vega

That's a long winded way of saying the club didn't have a clue what to do and thus fwked it up.

He’s by far the longest winded poster we’ve ever had

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

You have to hand it to Brendan on 16:20 - Jan 20 with 281 viewsVincent_Vega

You have to hand it to Brendan on 15:57 - Jan 20 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s by far the longest winded poster we’ve ever had

init! just spit it out mun! Thing his he takes pleasure in defending the indefensible which in itself a long winded game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024