Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another 'Error of Judgement'? 10:59 - Jan 20 with 2033 viewsYrAlarch

9 Met coppers each fined £200 for a breach of the Covid regulations.
Eating together INSIDE a cafe.
Marvellous!
Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:29 - Jan 21 with 634 viewsKeithHaynes

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:25 - Jan 21 by controversial_jack

Police have now joined the real world

Policing it is real enough mate. Especially those who have lost family in public service. That is very much the real world.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:54 - Jan 21 with 621 viewsonehunglow

Real world myarse.

No job was i or was more real.

Many job now are utterly unreal.

I cannot see why police officers bother their backsides to get out and deal with the public we are completely craven in their support for the people that stand between them and anarchy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:54 - Jan 21 with 621 viewscontroversial_jack

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:29 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

Policing it is real enough mate. Especially those who have lost family in public service. That is very much the real world.

I meant for their terms, conditions and job security
Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:09 - Jan 21 with 620 viewsonehunglow

Here is why Police job is special.-or different.

1. It is entirely possibly that you might not return home from work
2.It is very likely you will be assaulted.If you are and fight back,you will be suspended ,investigated and possibly hung out to dry.
3.You can have rest days /shifts changed at a moments notice and be recalled back from holidays to attend court upon which the defendant decides he cant really be arsed to get our of his pit.
4.Your family can be followed and your kids threatened just because of your job-a mine were
5.You can be followed home and therefore have to find an alternative route.
6.People will want you to sort their whole miserable existence in a domestic dispute that is nothing to do with you whatsoever but you will have to take sides-both of them,who could then turn on you. Then make a complaint.
7.You will stop drivers who believe they have evety right to drive as they've only had "one drink".You will then be subjected to more abuse.
8.You will be hammered for persecuting the ordinary motorist when there are real criminals out there even though many more innocent people die at the hands of d1ckhead drivers.
9.Politicians will "support" you depending on how useful you are to them.

and

10.You cannot withdraw your labour as everyone else can and does

Better be a joiner,spark,Brickie or best of all an IT consultant working from the comfort of your home office.

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:19 - Jan 21 with 615 viewsCatullus

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 17:25 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

Don't fret too much as when they've had their refreshment they'll be going out to jobs everyone else on here would stay well away from.

The barstards eh

Point well and truly missed though. WHy should other people obey the rules if the police don't?
It's why people say sod it, if it's ok for the police and politicians it's ok for us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:22 - Jan 21 with 607 viewsKeithHaynes

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:19 - Jan 21 by Catullus

Point well and truly missed though. WHy should other people obey the rules if the police don't?
It's why people say sod it, if it's ok for the police and politicians it's ok for us.

I 100% agree with you mate but to use every mistake as a stick to beat them with is laughable. Agendas.

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:29 - Jan 21 with 602 viewsonehunglow

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:19 - Jan 21 by Catullus

And you too have misse MY point.

I was refering to contro@s remarks infering Police job was no different as regards conditions of work etc. and the fact they were living in an unreal world.

They are there to be pilloried and are.The British love it and frankly,it makes me sick .The very first question we ask is ,why should I do it when they/others do not.

Face it,this virus has not been spread by a police gathering like this but by the disgusting wholescale ,puerile attitude of the British public and this is a prime example. Police officers are regularly tested by the way and the cretins you see refusing till to mask masks are not.

Im done on this subject now but by Christ,this country makes my stomach churn .

I d suggest the Police in Spain are viewed in a different vein Right,Keith?

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:58 - Jan 21 with 596 viewsCatullus

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:29 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

I was refering to contro@s remarks infering Police job was no different as regards conditions of work etc. and the fact they were living in an unreal world.

They are there to be pilloried and are.The British love it and frankly,it makes me sick .The very first question we ask is ,why should I do it when they/others do not.

Face it,this virus has not been spread by a police gathering like this but by the disgusting wholescale ,puerile attitude of the British public and this is a prime example. Police officers are regularly tested by the way and the cretins you see refusing till to mask masks are not.

Plenty of others have been pilloried on here for rule breaking. I've had a go at some NHS staff who I know broke rules.

The virus is spread by idiots, if some of those idiots then turn out to be on duty police the idiocy is magnified tenfold in the public perspective.

The police have a hard job, made harder by this country's habit for putting idiots in charge ( and yes I mean the police chiefs too) but it doesn't excuse them for rule breaking.

We call it hypocrisy don't we, do as I say not as I do.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 12:07 - Jan 21 with 595 viewsCatullus

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:22 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

I 100% agree with you mate but to use every mistake as a stick to beat them with is laughable. Agendas.

Some people have that agenda, yes. I don't. I'll ask you, Keith, what effect did that story have on people already stretching the rules? Never mind those with an agenda against the police.

People are stupid, people will assume that all police are breaking the rules so the rules don't matter. I don't know about herd immunity but herd stupidity definitely happens.

I strongly believe that the people who make the laws and those who enforce the laws should, if they break the laws, be punished more strongly than the public. Not because I hate them but to send the message out to us stupid people that law breaking won't be tolerated.

It's like those prize idiots at the Senedd caught on the lash, they should be deslected/sacked/gotten rid of and lose their priviliges for such an act of utter stuidity and selfishness. They probably thought they'd never be caught and people with such attitudes shouldn't be in positions of power. How many people will break rules this week because of those police or those politicians?

But then, I am an idealist!

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 18:41 - Jan 21 with 559 viewsKeithHaynes

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:29 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

I've said many times everyone wears a mask everywhere, or fined, do it three times jail.
No households now allowed to mix.
Curfew from 10pm until 7pm unless medical reason.
Bars and cafes close at 6pm.
Social distancing implemented everywhere.

Anyone who kicks off is dealt with by the police, but people here seem to grasp the fact its important.

The police are very respectful, very approachable, however if you get in their face its curtains.

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 19:02 - Jan 21 with 549 viewsonehunglow

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 18:41 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

I've said many times everyone wears a mask everywhere, or fined, do it three times jail.
No households now allowed to mix.
Curfew from 10pm until 7pm unless medical reason.
Bars and cafes close at 6pm.
Social distancing implemented everywhere.

Anyone who kicks off is dealt with by the police, but people here seem to grasp the fact its important.

The police are very respectful, very approachable, however if you get in their face its curtains.

Respect is something British have long since abandoned.

You know exactly how officers are spoken to a compared with most foreign nations .

Our lack of respect leak into other countries when our hordes flock there expecting the Police to be there for a pysee take.

Turkish Jandarma. Try disrespecting them

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 21:45 - Jan 21 with 525 viewscontroversial_jack

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 19:02 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

You know exactly how officers are spoken to a compared with most foreign nations .

Our lack of respect leak into other countries when our hordes flock there expecting the Police to be there for a pysee take.

It's hardly a crime to disrespect someone
Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 03:36 - Jan 22 with 495 viewsTreforys_Jack

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 19:02 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

Do you think respect was lost for the police by an element of serving police officers behaving like criminals in the past.
I have a couple of good friends who are ex police and I have the utmost respect for the job they did. I wouldn't fancy doing their job then, and I certainly wouldn't entertain it now if I was a young un again. Really tough gig.
Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:52 - Jan 22 with 477 viewsonehunglow

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 21:45 - Jan 21 by controversial_jack

It's hardly a crime to disrespect someone

Well it is in many countries.
Don't try it.

We are so utterly ignorant here as to what a Police State is all about.

We do not protect ourselves and like em or not,the Police are all that stands between us and real anarchy,which is why many hate them.

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 14:43 - Jan 22 with 454 viewscontroversial_jack

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:52 - Jan 22 by onehunglow

Well it is in many countries.
Don't try it.

We are so utterly ignorant here as to what a Police State is all about.

We do not protect ourselves and like em or not,the Police are all that stands between us and real anarchy,which is why many hate them.

Not the police, the judiciary. Police bring you before the courts, that's all they are supposed to do.We do not have to justify ourselves to the police only to our peers
Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 15:27 - Jan 22 with 445 viewsYrAlarch

And another one ...

400 guests found attending a wedding party on a school premises in London last Thursday evening. Not police officers this time but members of the Jewish community.

That's a massive error of judgement!
Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 16:34 - Jan 22 with 437 viewsKeithHaynes

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 14:43 - Jan 22 by controversial_jack

Not the police, the judiciary. Police bring you before the courts, that's all they are supposed to do.We do not have to justify ourselves to the police only to our peers

Apart from in interview ?
Or when asked questions about your presence at a location 😉

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 16:39 - Jan 22 with 435 viewsonehunglow

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 16:34 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

You most certainly have to justify your actions to the Police,who if not satified,will arrest you and interview you under caution when your legal chum can extradite you from your mess.
If he can't ,you go to court and the Jury (your peers) decide if they believe you or not.
Yep,that's it.

Your attitude stinks to high heaven and God help you if you are a victim of crime and the perpertrator has the same attitude as you.

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 16:45 - Jan 22 with 432 viewsKeithHaynes

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 16:39 - Jan 22 by onehunglow

You most certainly have to justify your actions to the Police,who if not satified,will arrest you and interview you under caution when your legal chum can extradite you from your mess.
If he can't ,you go to court and the Jury (your peers) decide if they believe you or not.
Yep,that's it.

Your attitude stinks to high heaven and God help you if you are a victim of crime and the perpertrator has the same attitude as you.

Special warnings were a fantastic tool.

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 23:24 - Jan 22 with 407 viewscontroversial_jack

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 16:34 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

That would be a no comment answer if you have any sense. They have to prove guilt you don't have to prove your innocence, any lawyer will tell you that
Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 07:07 - Jan 23 with 377 viewsHighjack

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 16:39 - Jan 22 by onehunglow

Yep,that's it.

You don’t have to justify anything to the police. The right to silence is hundreds of years old and you can legally volunteer as much or as little as you like.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:02 - Jan 23 with 355 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ve seen many people get life sentences and less for going no comment in interviews and not adhering to the very clear principles of a special warning as a result. Marks, stains on clothing at the time of their arrest as an example. Items found in their possession, failure to account for their presence at or near the scene of a crime. The issue here is ‘Failure’ to give an account. in court judge directs the jury that the failure is in breach of the special warning criteria, guilty. Every time in my experience. Going no comment is one thing, doing it when the legislation clearly undermines a no comment response is foolish and costs many people years inside. TV dramas and documentaries are a great place not to get the best advice.

In this case the police don’t have to prove guilt but build a case that’s not rebuttable due to the type and nature of the evidence collected. Go no comment’ all you like, in certain terms it’s all a suspect can do, in many cases trust me it’s foolhardy and very poor advice.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:10 - Jan 23 with 342 viewsNotLoyal

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:02 - Jan 23 by KeithHaynes

I’ve seen many people get life sentences and less for going no comment in interviews and not adhering to the very clear principles of a special warning as a result. Marks, stains on clothing at the time of their arrest as an example. Items found in their possession, failure to account for their presence at or near the scene of a crime. The issue here is ‘Failure’ to give an account. in court judge directs the jury that the failure is in breach of the special warning criteria, guilty. Every time in my experience. Going no comment is one thing, doing it when the legislation clearly undermines a no comment response is foolish and costs many people years inside. TV dramas and documentaries are a great place not to get the best advice.

In this case the police don’t have to prove guilt but build a case that’s not rebuttable due to the type and nature of the evidence collected. Go no comment’ all you like, in certain terms it’s all a suspect can do, in many cases trust me it’s foolhardy and very poor advice.

This post has been edited by an administrator

As you know I did nearly five years of legal rep work over here in police stations, probably most went no comment even when it was against the advice given.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:31 - Jan 23 with 328 viewsonehunglow

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 07:07 - Jan 23 by Highjack

You don’t have to justify anything to the police. The right to silence is hundreds of years old and you can legally volunteer as much or as little as you like.

Yet again,high,you are completely wrong.

You're having a mare son.

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 11:03 - Jan 23 with 322 viewsHighjack

Another 'Error of Judgement'? on 10:31 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Yet again,high,you are completely wrong.

You're having a mare son.

Not really, let’s look at a fictional scenario I just made up. Obviously any similarities to characters living or dead are entirely coincidental.

During an officers special covert investigation he uncovers a clandestine and highly dangerous plot that involves a man allegedly going into a public toilet for cottaging purposes. Recalling his years of specialist training and experience he then proceeds to beat the shit out of the suspect before bringing him in for questioning. The suspect chooses to remain silent. The officer screams at him “Why were you in the lavvy sahhhn?”... no response... “You weren’t going in there for a Jimmy riddle were you boy?”... silence... “Or a Gary Glit?”... nothing... “You better start talking sahhhn or i’ll crack you like I cracked them miners in 84”...

The point is there is nothing in that situation the officer can do to force him to talk. They got rid of torture years ago. Ok it might be a silly thing to do and it might backfire but he’s completely within his rights to say nothing and if it goes to court defend himself there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024