Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd AFTERMATH 00:19 - Jan 21 with 10105 viewsNotLoyal

Its FA Cup day on Saturday, where the winners win a cup, not on Saturday but in the future, the final played at Wembley, a stadium near Tottenham.

Saturday 23rd January 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick off 3pm

LIVE on BBC Wales and BT Sport Extra
Wireless : Radio 5 LIVE, Talk Sport and LIVE on BBC Radio Wales / Cymru

Match Officials
Kevin Friend - Referee
Jonathan Hunt and Simon Beck - Lino's
with Robert Madley the fourth official.

Leicester City supporter Brendan's Friend. Removed from refereeing Leicester City after his private visits to watch them play LIVE

More interesting is bumbling cluster biff Robert Madley who is an experiment. Madley see's things others dont see, he makes decisions yet to be regulated, his ability to foresee things and make them up in his own mind so the little pixies can have their dinner every day is remarkable. Madley was sacked as a premier league referee because he doesn't think about what he does and makes decisions without reflection, like utilising a disability as a joke. Here is his excuse - Madely is still a moron, and always will be. Including robbing Swansea of obvious goals and awarding all manner of thickhead decisions against the team.

Madley wrote: “As I sat in my car with my phone in hand, a person walked past my car in front of me who had a walking impairment. The next part I am ashamed of. I took a six-second film, I said nothing. I did this in Snapchat, which is where I take all of my films that I intend to save to my phone"
Of course that isn't exactly correct because the buffoon then wrote "On the video I wrote, 'F**k me I have a chance of winning the parents race this year.'
The blokes an utter div.

Swansea and Forest FA cup history
12th January 1929
Forest 1 Swans 2
Exciting results that day were Aston Villa 6 Cardiff 1 and Norwich 0 Corinthians 5.
With the swans going in to the second leg on Saturday 2-1 up there's all to play for.

Steve Cooper talks about Saturdays game

Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup
Nottingham Forest have won the FA Cup twice, once in 1959. The 1959 FA Cup Final was contested by Nottingham Forest and Luton Town at Wembley. Forest won 2—1, with goals from Roy Dwight and Tommy Wilson just four minutes apart.

Forest in 1898 with the FA Cup, the bloke on the right wearing a cap kills animals and maybe even people

In the 1897/98 season Forest beat Derby County 3-1 in the FA Cup final at Crystal Palace in front of 63,000 fans, all of whom are dead, as are the teams and everyone else there that day. Not even Robin Hood was there, he was out riding a bloke called Glen, a non too choosy type who liked hanging around with a band of men. Forest also lost in the 1991 final to Spurs, some will recall Paul Gascoigne getting his comeuppance when he injured himself fouling Forest players. The referee that day was Roger Milford Haven, interestingly Roger now lives there and claims the dole and sells fish he has found in the drains. Or maybe he doesn't.

Team News
Connor Hourihane is available for the swans as is Jordan Morris, expect changes in the starting eleven. It’s unlikely Cooper will play Webb in goal, Hamer is cup tied so Woodman should start. We could see another start for Cameron Evans.

Suggested Forest eleven

TEAMS

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Yan Dhanda, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Ryan Manning; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Jake Bidwell, Jay Fulton, Oli Cooper, Jordon Garrick, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Nottingham Forest: Jordan Smith; Carl Jenkinson, Gaetan Bong, Loic Mbe Soh, Joe Worrall (captain), Tobias Figueiredo; Anthony Knockaert, Fouad Bachirou, Joe Lolley, Luke Freeman; Lyle Taylor.

Substitutes: Brice Samba, Cyrus Christie, Lewis Grabban, Sammy Ameobi, Alex Mighten, Cafu, Miguel Guerrero, Michael Dawson, Tyler Blackett.

Referee: Kevin Friend

[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 18:06]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:42 - Jan 23 with 1118 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 16:19 - Jan 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Another goal where you are left thinking "Woodman could have prevented that".

It feels like it's every other goal.

I could have scored that goal in my carpet slippers - the goalkeeper had no chance. Why blame him when the goal resulted from our defence farting around with short passes in the penalty area, getting their knickers well in a twist, and giving Knockaert a point blank shot he couldn’t miss?

Your constant carping about Woodman, who had another excellent game, is very tedious.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 22:30]
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:43 - Jan 23 with 1107 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:39 - Jan 23 by Chief

Latibeaudiere at fault. I'm not a gigantic Woodman fan but Lati should have done anything other than what he actually did. But he's young he'll learn been good so far. These are the games to make a mistake in.

It was BUT a keeper should be controlling his area and bullying his defence.Woody is silent and it doesnt help his defender.
Classic case when Bennett when Woody stayed still and let Bennett take responsiblity for a basic clearance-again.
I cannot believe we have so many making allowances for this guy. It is incredible.He is not even a Swansea/Welsh boy or even our own player.
Staggering

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:44 - Jan 23 with 1118 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 17:47 - Jan 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not criticising his actions following the shot on goal.

As my post above explains, I take issue with the fact he put the entire team under so much pressure on the edge of our penalty area.

Thats the way we play which is down to the manager, Potter did the same The young lad made a mistake but Bennet was even worse.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:48 - Jan 23 with 1099 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:44 - Jan 23 by krunchykarrot

Thats the way we play which is down to the manager, Potter did the same The young lad made a mistake but Bennet was even worse.

Really.
I see Bennett as being hung out to dry at times.

Fair play,Fred has some fan club,worthy of the Mark Gower one

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:01 - Jan 23 with 1071 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:48 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Really.

He is a Swansea City player therefore should be supported by Swansea City fans keeper has always seen some controversy at the Swans, Potter,Crudgington,Glan Letemin Letheran and Dai Davies....I do not understand how so called fans crtisice so much....the same as the vitriol Cooper has received being called a clown a fraud et al despite getting us to the play offs in his first season.
But then it's all about style I remember the style of Colin Appleton and our fall the last time from the top table....this is at worst is so much better than then

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:21 - Jan 23 with 1022 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:01 - Jan 23 by vetchonian

He is a Swansea City player therefore should be supported by Swansea City fans keeper has always seen some controversy at the Swans, Potter,Crudgington,Glan Letemin Letheran and Dai Davies....I do not understand how so called fans crtisice so much....the same as the vitriol Cooper has received being called a clown a fraud et al despite getting us to the play offs in his first season.
But then it's all about style I remember the style of Colin Appleton and our fall the last time from the top table....this is at worst is so much better than then

Brought to you by the man who slapped Routledge with his glove in the street and thrust a white feather at him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:26 - Jan 23 with 1018 viewsChief

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:43 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

It was BUT a keeper should be controlling his area and bullying his defence.Woody is silent and it doesnt help his defender.
Classic case when Bennett when Woody stayed still and let Bennett take responsiblity for a basic clearance-again.
I cannot believe we have so many making allowances for this guy. It is incredible.He is not even a Swansea/Welsh boy or even our own player.
Staggering

Hardly incredible when you look at his stats and where we are in the league is it.

Have some perspective

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:28 - Jan 23 with 1015 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:21 - Jan 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Brought to you by the man who slapped Routledge with his glove in the street and thrust a white feather at him

Are you referring to me or the glow person...not sure I've ver critisced Wayne

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:29 - Jan 23 with 1006 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:43 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Staggering

When are you going to get it that goalkeeping has moved on from the sixties

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:30 - Jan 23 with 1013 viewsChief

Anyway, where does Oli Cooper come from?

Impressed by his cameo today.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:33 - Jan 23 with 1001 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:30 - Jan 23 by Chief

His father was the ex Cardiff player Kevin

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:34 - Jan 23 with 1005 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:30 - Jan 23 by Chief

Apparently his dad played for the biggest club in Wales....but Oli saw sense and joined the best

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:47 - Jan 23 with 976 viewsTreforys_Jack

We have some of the most miserable cantankerous beauts watching us aye.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:54 - Jan 23 with 970 viewsChief

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:33 - Jan 23 by raynor94

His father was the ex Cardiff player Kevin

Aye i know, but he wasn't Welsh. Oli does play for Wales u21s. So was he born when his old man was at Cardiff?

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:03 - Jan 23 with 938 viewsonehunglow

So a scummer in the ranks then?
Never mind. eh

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:03 - Jan 23 with 943 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:54 - Jan 23 by Chief

Aye i know, but he wasn't Welsh. Oli does play for Wales u21s. So was he born when his old man was at Cardiff?

No idea

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:07 - Jan 23 with 940 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:03 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Never mind. eh

We have had ex scum players playing for us but once in a zSwans shirt they are one of our own....why dont you give it a rest

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:07 - Jan 23 with 930 viewsonehunglow

Wouldnt bother me if he came from North Korea

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:15 - Jan 23 with 920 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:03 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Never mind. eh

Changi from Cardiff I see you praise him..
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:36 - Jan 23 with 895 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 17:43 - Jan 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Of course you can. He passed the ball to his centre back in a very tight area, where he was closed down immediately. After playing such an awful pass, he should have yelled at him to pass it back or kick it up the pitch.

Instead he just stood there waiting for the young centre back to figure out his bearings on his own.

It was a truly awful piece of goalkeeping and organisation of his defence.

Woodman did nothing wrong.

He passed the ball to iirc latibeaudiere who had enough time to either pass it back to woodman or launch it, he chose to try and pass it to connor, the pass was not on, it got intercepted and the rest we know.

You are blaming the goal on woodman when it was latibeaudieres fault.

You are either on a wind up, need to wear glasses or both.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 20:36]
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:44 - Jan 23 with 877 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 18:48 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Really.

How many times today did Bennet give away needless corners , anyone care to jump on him tonight or is it only the selected few , We beat a side at our level 5-1 , enjoy it FFS ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:58 - Jan 23 with 859 viewsChief

Never mind. eh

Is there need to call him a scummer?

I'm just interested to see where we pick up players from.

You old ****

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 21:04 - Jan 23 with 848 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:28 - Jan 23 by vetchonian

Are you referring to me or the glow person...not sure I've ver critisced Wayne

Oh no not you vetch. The fella from the Wirral

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 21:28 - Jan 23 with 822 viewsJack123

I'm so happy for Cullen today, I knew he was good. Watched him before he got into the first team.. Well done.. YJB
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:30]

libera nos a malo

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 21:48 - Jan 23 with 797 viewsOptimisticJack

An excellent performance today.
Amazed by some of the negativity shown on this thread.

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024