Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd AFTERMATH 00:19 - Jan 21 with 9677 viewsNotLoyal

Its FA Cup day on Saturday, where the winners win a cup, not on Saturday but in the future, the final played at Wembley, a stadium near Tottenham.

Saturday 23rd January 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick off 3pm

LIVE on BBC Wales and BT Sport Extra
Wireless : Radio 5 LIVE, Talk Sport and LIVE on BBC Radio Wales / Cymru

Match Officials
Kevin Friend - Referee
Jonathan Hunt and Simon Beck - Lino's
with Robert Madley the fourth official.

Leicester City supporter Brendan's Friend. Removed from refereeing Leicester City after his private visits to watch them play LIVE

More interesting is bumbling cluster biff Robert Madley who is an experiment. Madley see's things others dont see, he makes decisions yet to be regulated, his ability to foresee things and make them up in his own mind so the little pixies can have their dinner every day is remarkable. Madley was sacked as a premier league referee because he doesn't think about what he does and makes decisions without reflection, like utilising a disability as a joke. Here is his excuse - Madely is still a moron, and always will be. Including robbing Swansea of obvious goals and awarding all manner of thickhead decisions against the team.

Madley wrote: “As I sat in my car with my phone in hand, a person walked past my car in front of me who had a walking impairment. The next part I am ashamed of. I took a six-second film, I said nothing. I did this in Snapchat, which is where I take all of my films that I intend to save to my phone"
Of course that isn't exactly correct because the buffoon then wrote "On the video I wrote, 'F**k me I have a chance of winning the parents race this year.'
The blokes an utter div.

Swansea and Forest FA cup history
12th January 1929
Forest 1 Swans 2
Exciting results that day were Aston Villa 6 Cardiff 1 and Norwich 0 Corinthians 5.
With the swans going in to the second leg on Saturday 2-1 up there's all to play for.

Steve Cooper talks about Saturdays game

Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup
Nottingham Forest have won the FA Cup twice, once in 1959. The 1959 FA Cup Final was contested by Nottingham Forest and Luton Town at Wembley. Forest won 2—1, with goals from Roy Dwight and Tommy Wilson just four minutes apart.

Forest in 1898 with the FA Cup, the bloke on the right wearing a cap kills animals and maybe even people

In the 1897/98 season Forest beat Derby County 3-1 in the FA Cup final at Crystal Palace in front of 63,000 fans, all of whom are dead, as are the teams and everyone else there that day. Not even Robin Hood was there, he was out riding a bloke called Glen, a non too choosy type who liked hanging around with a band of men. Forest also lost in the 1991 final to Spurs, some will recall Paul Gascoigne getting his comeuppance when he injured himself fouling Forest players. The referee that day was Roger Milford Haven, interestingly Roger now lives there and claims the dole and sells fish he has found in the drains. Or maybe he doesn't.

Team News
Connor Hourihane is available for the swans as is Jordan Morris, expect changes in the starting eleven. It’s unlikely Cooper will play Webb in goal, Hamer is cup tied so Woodman should start. We could see another start for Cameron Evans.

Suggested Forest eleven

TEAMS

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Yan Dhanda, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Ryan Manning; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Jake Bidwell, Jay Fulton, Oli Cooper, Jordon Garrick, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Nottingham Forest: Jordan Smith; Carl Jenkinson, Gaetan Bong, Loic Mbe Soh, Joe Worrall (captain), Tobias Figueiredo; Anthony Knockaert, Fouad Bachirou, Joe Lolley, Luke Freeman; Lyle Taylor.

Substitutes: Brice Samba, Cyrus Christie, Lewis Grabban, Sammy Ameobi, Alex Mighten, Cafu, Miguel Guerrero, Michael Dawson, Tyler Blackett.

Referee: Kevin Friend

[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 18:06]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 23:26 - Jan 23 with 1057 viewsChief

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 21:28 - Jan 23 by Jack123

I'm so happy for Cullen today, I knew he was good. Watched him before he got into the first team.. Well done.. YJB
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:30]

Very. Gutted he couldn't stay on, but learning curve.

Tenby boy?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 23:47 - Jan 23 with 1041 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:44 - Jan 23 by Boundy

How many times today did Bennet give away needless corners , anyone care to jump on him tonight or is it only the selected few , We beat a side at our level 5-1 , enjoy it FFS ,

I honestly got the impression that he wanted some practice 😹. And despite all that it wasn’t a corner that undone us. It was us!

Edit - we look so comfortable defending set pieces today. We’re almost arrogant about it.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 23:49]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 00:16 - Jan 24 with 1021 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 23:47 - Jan 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I honestly got the impression that he wanted some practice 😹. And despite all that it wasn’t a corner that undone us. It was us!

Edit - we look so comfortable defending set pieces today. We’re almost arrogant about it.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 23:49]

Bennett now the new whipping boy then.

Gotcha

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 01:21 - Jan 24 with 1001 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:58 - Jan 23 by Chief

Is there need to call him a scummer?

I'm just interested to see where we pick up players from.

You old ****

Not sure where his mum's from but Oli's been with us since he was 10/11 years old. His dad played and managed all over.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 01:32 - Jan 24 with 991 viewsChief

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 01:21 - Jan 24 by jasper_T

Not sure where his mum's from but Oli's been with us since he was 10/11 years old. His dad played and managed all over.

Yea.
Well interestingly his father didn't go to the scum until 2005 (subsequently went onto Newport, Neath) amongst others. But Oli was born 1999

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 07:11 - Jan 24 with 936 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 19:54 - Jan 23 by Chief

Aye i know, but he wasn't Welsh. Oli does play for Wales u21s. So was he born when his old man was at Cardiff?

Never knew he was the son of an ex player. He was born in 1999 so when his old man was at Stockport according to Wiki.

Im assuming he was born in England but his old man and family settled in Wales when he signed for Cardiff. He also played for Newport and Neath.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 08:38 - Jan 24 with 905 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:58 - Jan 23 by Chief

Is there need to call him a scummer?

I'm just interested to see where we pick up players from.

You old ****

A bizarre way to describe one of our youngsters coming through. I can’t read his comments but is he saying ANYTHING nice about us??

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 09:35 - Jan 24 with 872 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 08:38 - Jan 24 by Brynmill_Jack

A bizarre way to describe one of our youngsters coming through. I can’t read his comments but is he saying ANYTHING nice about us??

What do you think seriously !!!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 10:13 - Jan 24 with 846 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 09:35 - Jan 24 by Treforys_Jack

What do you think seriously !!!!!!

Oh that’s a no then 😹😹😹

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 10:15 - Jan 24 with 836 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 08:38 - Jan 24 by Brynmill_Jack

scummer is of course a jack term of affection on the lines of jackbastard.

What is happening with people here.

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 11:23 - Jan 24 with 791 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 00:16 - Jan 24 by onehunglow

Bennett now the new whipping boy then.

Gotcha

If so it'll take the pressure off Freddie , I'll leave it to you to decide

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 11:26 - Jan 24 with 789 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 11:23 - Jan 24 by Boundy

If so it'll take the pressure off Freddie , I'll leave it to you to decide

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 14:13 - Jan 24 with 722 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 21:28 - Jan 23 by Jack123

I'm so happy for Cullen today, I knew he was good. Watched him before he got into the first team.. Well done.. YJB
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 21:30]

Yes two very nice finishes.

Cullen is not fast, not particularly strong cannot head the ball. I am a Cullen sceptic. Does he offer enuogh about the pitch? He can certainly finish. I watched him v Barry last season and he wacked in a beautiful free kick but otherwise was only neat and tidy.

I guess you could say the same about Robbie Fowler. These players simply have to make up for physical prowess by always doing the right thing at the right time and being in the right place relying on instinct and technical ability. Top three inch footballers. I expect Cooper wants to keep Garrick, Cooper x2 , Cabango and Cullen in the squad to iron out defects and develop the right ethos. Thy were not thought to be in the quality of the James McBurnie Rodon Byers batch but that might have to be reassessed. Welsh local forwards are not two a penny.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 23:48 - Jan 24 with 563 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 14:13 - Jan 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes two very nice finishes.

Cullen is not fast, not particularly strong cannot head the ball. I am a Cullen sceptic. Does he offer enuogh about the pitch? He can certainly finish. I watched him v Barry last season and he wacked in a beautiful free kick but otherwise was only neat and tidy.

I guess you could say the same about Robbie Fowler. These players simply have to make up for physical prowess by always doing the right thing at the right time and being in the right place relying on instinct and technical ability. Top three inch footballers. I expect Cooper wants to keep Garrick, Cooper x2 , Cabango and Cullen in the squad to iron out defects and develop the right ethos. Thy were not thought to be in the quality of the James McBurnie Rodon Byers batch but that might have to be reassessed. Welsh local forwards are not two a penny.

Bob Latchford. Not particularly big, about 6 foot, not particularly fast but was in the right place to put the ball in the net. Don’t know whether that can be coached or whether it is instinctive.

Watching Chelsea today Tammy Abraham has a lot to learn about that. 3rd goal he was Johnny on the spot but could have scored a double hat trick if he understood better.

Cullens first gave me hope. Seemed instinctive; controlled volley back across the keeper. In my view needs games at league 1 or 2 but not to any old club. In the same way that teams have picked us to develop their youngsters we need to pick teams to develop ours.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 00:25 - Jan 25 with 548 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 20:03 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

So a scummer in the ranks then?
Never mind. eh

What an embarrassing post.

Is Ben Cabango a scummer? What about our manager? As Curt was born in Pentre and played for them is he a Scummer? Was Robbie a Scummer because he played for them?

What about Ivor, Mel Charles, Barrie Hole, Dean Saunders, Wayne Routledge or John Cornforth? That is just a quick list, I could pose the question about many other players. What is your definition of a Scummer?

There are players that played for us that I have no time for; Dai Thomas and Legg are prime examples but that is because of what they have said and done not solely because they played for them.
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 10:51 - Jan 25 with 474 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Nottingham Forest : Matchday Thread FA Cup 4th Rd TEAMS on 00:25 - Jan 25 by dobjack2

What an embarrassing post.

Is Ben Cabango a scummer? What about our manager? As Curt was born in Pentre and played for them is he a Scummer? Was Robbie a Scummer because he played for them?

What about Ivor, Mel Charles, Barrie Hole, Dean Saunders, Wayne Routledge or John Cornforth? That is just a quick list, I could pose the question about many other players. What is your definition of a Scummer?

There are players that played for us that I have no time for; Dai Thomas and Legg are prime examples but that is because of what they have said and done not solely because they played for them.

Not really champ ,considering the term is a generic term for any Cardiff fan so please no more hypocritical crap like that.

Why is is we would support any club at all rather than a fellow welsh club when they play anyone. Why?

Why is it,come to that,the case we support any team but England, seeing them too as various versions of Lucifer himself,even though they form a fair proportion of our team and have done for years.

It reminds me of our glorious bitchfests when we had them at the Vetch and Ninian .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024