Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City 16:06 - Jan 22 with 930 viewsKeithHaynes

“First and foremost probably the manager (Steve Cooper). Over the last few weeks he’s been telling me bits and pieces about how he sees me fitting into the team and the qualities I’ll bring to the team. As a human being in general, he was first class. I was impressed by him and spoke to a few people I know about the area and Swansea as well. It seemed like a really good fit and for the first two days I’ve been in it feels like I’ve made the right choice because it’s a great set of lads. I’m really excited to get going and can’t wait to get started.

Cooper said - ‘Once we knew that he may be available — we pursued it 110 percent. We were surprised that he may be available, and we really went for it in terms of trying to maximise the chance of him being here and fortunately he has decided this is the next step for him. A lot of work went into getting the deal done and he’s really bought into our plan and the role he can play within it”

I think Cooper is possibly the most excited about a Swansea signing than ever before.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:01 - Jan 22 with 861 viewspencoedjack

Well done Coops.

Top manager 👍
Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:08 - Jan 22 with 847 viewsKeithHaynes

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:01 - Jan 22 by pencoedjack

Well done Coops.

Top manager 👍

He will almost certainly get a job at a top premier league club, that is of course if this season doesn’t go to plan.

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:32 - Jan 22 with 826 viewspencoedjack

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:08 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

He will almost certainly get a job at a top premier league club, that is of course if this season doesn’t go to plan.

I kind of disagree with you Keith.

Obviously from my posts I rate him highly, he’s decent at this level & for a period with his knowledge from his time as manager of the England youth team he will bring in decent loans.

Not sure if he has enough for the next level but hope he proves me very wrong with us in the PL next season.
Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:34 - Jan 22 with 821 viewshowenjack

I think when it comes to signing players of this pedigree the part the jack Army has played cannot be understated. We have recent history v Villa in the premier league as well as in the cup. Hourihane was a sub in the fa cup game when we won 3-0. That day we took a large away following and the the noise generated was awesome . That performance by the fans
can't have failed to have left an impression in my opinion.
Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:36 - Jan 22 with 818 viewsKeithHaynes

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:32 - Jan 22 by pencoedjack

Obviously from my posts I rate him highly, he’s decent at this level & for a period with his knowledge from his time as manager of the England youth team he will bring in decent loans.

Not sure if he has enough for the next level but hope he proves me very wrong with us in the PL next season.

Clubs will look at our history mate, Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup especially and of course Potter in recent time. He plays good football, yes it’s a gamble, but for us it paid off. We have retained a style of pay that Cardiff couldn’t be more envious of, if he takes us up he will be certainly of interest to other top flight clubs. I hope he is, it means we have succeeded.

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 18:58 - Jan 22 with 748 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:36 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

Clubs will look at our history mate, Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup especially and of course Potter in recent time. He plays good football, yes it’s a gamble, but for us it paid off. We have retained a style of pay that Cardiff couldn’t be more envious of, if he takes us up he will be certainly of interest to other top flight clubs. I hope he is, it means we have succeeded.

"We have retained a style of pay that Cardiff couldn’t be more envious of.."

You talk as if we play like the 2010 Barcelona team.

What we are is extremely solid at the back. That allows us to win games from the odd goal we create from a 35 yard throw-in or a defensive mistake.

We certainly do not play free-flowing, exciting football. It works however and I would rather see us play like this and challenge for automatic promotion than play pretty football and struggle to finish in the top half.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 19:05 - Jan 22 with 738 viewsBoundy

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 17:32 - Jan 22 by pencoedjack

Its a pity that when we as a Club appear to have a rising star on our hands be it a player or manager there's always the " when " he goes attitude . . It would be nice to be in a position to fend off any suitors should the time arise. There are few managers out there in Clubs similar in size which seem to be able to hold onto their assets ,its a pity we're not one of them.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 19:29 - Jan 22 with 708 viewspencoedjack

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 19:05 - Jan 22 by Boundy

Its a pity that when we as a Club appear to have a rising star on our hands be it a player or manager there's always the " when " he goes attitude . . It would be nice to be in a position to fend off any suitors should the time arise. There are few managers out there in Clubs similar in size which seem to be able to hold onto their assets ,its a pity we're not one of them.

I think most smaller clubs who are successful for a period of time are likely to have their best assets poached by a bigger club.

When you think what we have sold or managers who have moved to bigger clubs it shows we are doing something right, look at Cardiff probably the last player who moved on from them to a better things was Ramsay (who’d only played 16 games for them),there’s probably others but I can’t think of any.
Login to get fewer ads

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 20:29 - Jan 22 with 654 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 19:29 - Jan 22 by pencoedjack

I think most smaller clubs who are successful for a period of time are likely to have their best assets poached by a bigger club.

When you think what we have sold or managers who have moved to bigger clubs it shows we are doing something right, look at Cardiff probably the last player who moved on from them to a better things was Ramsay (who’d only played 16 games for them),there’s probably others but I can’t think of any.

Anyone who’s left Cardiff has gone on to do better things. Even if they’ve dropped a division or two to get away from the cess pit lol!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 20:50 - Jan 22 with 627 viewsonehunglow

Capital of Wales though. Innit. We should be proud shouldn’t we.

More division really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 21:04 - Jan 22 with 614 viewsFireboy2

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 18:58 - Jan 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What we are is extremely solid at the back. That allows us to win games from the odd goal we create from a 35 yard throw-in or a defensive mistake.

We certainly do not play free-flowing, exciting football. It works however and I would rather see us play like this and challenge for automatic promotion than play pretty football and struggle to finish in the top half.

Compared to the scum we do play like barca even though it isnt free flowing.
Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 21:09 - Jan 22 with 612 viewsBoundy

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 19:29 - Jan 22 by pencoedjack

Nuno Santo ,Dyche, Howe (left after relegation I know ) are a few I can think of , who are at clubs of similar size and with similar recent success but you see very little poaching of those types of managers , I know we should take it as a compliment at the Clubs ability to spot and take a chance on relatively unknown managers (with a few exceptions of failing at the highest level and maybe too big a challenge too soon) but all in all there's not many clubs recently who can boast on having provided a succession of more than compentent managers .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 21:47 - Jan 22 with 567 viewsAndyCole

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 18:58 - Jan 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Don't think anybody's comparing us with Barca, that's silly.

We clearly don't set out to play free flowing football, that's a mugs game in this league, right now.

Norwich is the exemplar, not free flowing but highly organised, confident, positive, highly energise, progressive stuff.

And we aren't that far behind, and getting better. We don't just steal games. We gain the advantage, we are confident in our controlled defence, and most importantly we take the game to the opposition with vengeance in the 2nd half, whether we're winning or chasing a game.

Our spine is now better than Norwich's. We don't just steal games. We box clever for 90 mins. Yet some of our clueless reckon we're still only a 45 minute team.

Maybe CH, a seasoned campaigner looked at the above, how we play, our ambition, our players, our manager and took a highly educated decision to choose us over some stiff, big spending competition.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 21:52 - Jan 22 with 557 viewsFireboy2

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 21:47 - Jan 22 by AndyCole

Don't think anybody's comparing us with Barca, that's silly.

We clearly don't set out to play free flowing football, that's a mugs game in this league, right now.

Norwich is the exemplar, not free flowing but highly organised, confident, positive, highly energise, progressive stuff.

And we aren't that far behind, and getting better. We don't just steal games. We gain the advantage, we are confident in our controlled defence, and most importantly we take the game to the opposition with vengeance in the 2nd half, whether we're winning or chasing a game.

Our spine is now better than Norwich's. We don't just steal games. We box clever for 90 mins. Yet some of our clueless reckon we're still only a 45 minute team.

Maybe CH, a seasoned campaigner looked at the above, how we play, our ambition, our players, our manager and took a highly educated decision to choose us over some stiff, big spending competition.

Bennett is our best signing this season, simple as.
Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 21:54 - Jan 22 with 555 viewspencoedjack

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 21:52 - Jan 22 by Fireboy2

I concur.
Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 22:14 - Jan 22 with 540 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Bennett and Lowe two great signings.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 00:36 - Jan 23 with 490 viewsKeithHaynes

We have retained a style of play and continued to go for managers and coaches ( bar a few ) who recognise that this club has for fifteen years applied that style and it has been successful. I must know in the region of twenty plus Cardiff fans, and have spoken to many more over the years for articles, all of whom have said the same, when a lot of people say the same thing I get the feeling it’s a valid opinion.

As for the Barca reference, the free flowing exciting football etc, I can’t comment, I didn’t mention any of these things. Not sure where you read that.

On your final point yes agreed.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 08:42 - Jan 23 with 416 views34dfgdf54

Lowe for me. Given us an extra dimension up front in a team that would normally struggle for chances.

Bennet has been great aswell though.
Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 08:54 - Jan 23 with 402 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Add Korey Smith, does some fantastic defensive and link work (including some great turnovers) which often goes unnoticed. Captained the Wurzels so another big leadership figure in the group and his recent partnership alongside Grimes and Fulton has begun to start dominating games.

Another steal and fantastic recruitment. And I reckon he’s due a goal too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Hourihane speaks about why he joined Swansea City on 09:04 - Jan 23 with 389 viewsNotLoyal

Is your local telephone box closed to you and your friend on Fridays 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024