Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives, and many of them. What are yours 00:50 - Jan 24 with 2564 viewsGlossolalia

Let's cleanse ourselves of the shocking and surprising amount of bickering and criticism on here today, after a sparkling performance.

So many positives today, in the context of the match itself, and going forward.

Cullen. Delightful, clever and deft finish for the first goal. So easy to sky a chance like that, but he showed a great touch that belied his lack of goalscoring at first-team level.

Hourihane. 50 seconds in, freekick. Pings a delightful outswinger that is completely on the money. Two from that wing in the early stages that were bang on. Gylfiesque in its accuracy. His link-up and one-touch play was also notable. Found space, quick ball out to wing. The kind of instantaneous play that we need.

More than two goals scored for a change. Youngsters on the scoresheet. Set-piece defending on point. Wing backs bombing forward. Overlaps. Fringe players equipping themselves well (Manning, Cullen, Dhanda) Hourihane blooded in successsfully.

Lighten up some of you and be thankful that in this year of drudgery, we are in the mix, big time. 😎
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 0:51]
Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 01:02 - Jan 24 with 2057 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Couldn’t agree more 👏. We were excellent against a championship side whose recent form was quite decent - one loss in 6? We handled them quite easily and one blip aside we dominated them. A nice signal to our next few opponents.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 01:12 - Jan 24 with 2046 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Excellent post. I love the way Hourihane doesn’t need two touches when one, first time decisive pass doesn’t give the defence time to reset. I think he’s going to make Grimes even better as well.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 01:19 - Jan 24 with 2044 viewsChief

Oli Cooper!

Been round a while now with not much fanfare and overshadowed by numerous other academy graduates but thought he was great.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 09:52 - Jan 24 with 1933 viewsFireboy2

You have summed it up perfectly 👏
Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 10:11 - Jan 24 with 1920 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Looking back at some of the points we’ve dropped early doors - I can’t see that happening with this side now. The team has clicked together and welded nicely. The next six weeks are incredibly important- if we get through unbeaten (without too many draws) we may even go top.

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 10:12 - Jan 24 with 1911 viewsonehunglow

It's not bickering simply a continuation of old spats that it was agreed to stop.

Exchange of views are not examples of bickering.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 10:24 - Jan 24 with 1902 viewsCatullus

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 01:19 - Jan 24 by Chief

Oli Cooper!

Been round a while now with not much fanfare and overshadowed by numerous other academy graduates but thought he was great.

Took his goal well I thought, looked confident, the confidence of youth maybe but the energy a good young player brings is usually a good thing. As long a he doesn't get carried away and see red!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 10:27 - Jan 24 with 1893 viewsonehunglow

Morning Cat.

Young Cooperboy looked very assured for a first appearance and it was a joy to behold.

Looking good.

Biggest positive was Hourihane who could well be the player to put us over the promotion line. First game in ages and he plays like he owns the place. That ,folks is class.

Login to get fewer ads

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:10 - Jan 24 with 1875 viewsAndyCole

Bennett. He is the reason we are supremely confident all over the park.

No coincidence that Roberts and Bidwell have matured into excellent WBs, happy to bomb forward knowing Bennett's got their backs. Guehi and Ben maturing, drawing on Bennett's know how and class (Lati too already, bit of complacency aside ydy). Grimes' confidence is back in the quarterback role, playing far more heads-up go-forward, knowing Bennett's got his back. Woody has grown and become more vocal and commanding.

Bennett is our rock and a massive, yet quietly classy, presence. The foundation for everything so positive about us.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:12 - Jan 24 with 1863 viewsonehunglow

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:10 - Jan 24 by AndyCole

Bennett. He is the reason we are supremely confident all over the park.

No coincidence that Roberts and Bidwell have matured into excellent WBs, happy to bomb forward knowing Bennett's got their backs. Guehi and Ben maturing, drawing on Bennett's know how and class (Lati too already, bit of complacency aside ydy). Grimes' confidence is back in the quarterback role, playing far more heads-up go-forward, knowing Bennett's got his back. Woody has grown and become more vocal and commanding.

Bennett is our rock and a massive, yet quietly classy, presence. The foundation for everything so positive about us.

Somebody amongt that mess yesterday suggested Bennet was giving away unnecessary corners.

I just didn't have the heart to point out why.

It is the Sabbath Day ,after all,and we must keep it holy or suffer the consequences.

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:16 - Jan 24 with 1866 viewsBoundy

Their goal caught us cold , but other than that a very pleasing day, I thought Dhanda was quite for the 1st 10-15 minutes but then grew into the game with some lovely link play and his pass to get Cullens second was sublime and was reminiscent of Hernandez's when putting Routledge through to score against cardiff .To go 2 up without our recognised goal scorers on the pitch just shows we do have the ability to put the ball in the net . The one negative if it can be called that , does Cooper keep Cullen instead of loaning him out ? playing games is the best way to develop and with Morris now signed where does that leave the lad in the pecking order

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:17 - Jan 24 with 1868 viewsKilkennyjack

Our manager - Mr Cooper - doing a great job.

I missed the wingers last year with Celina and Ayew out wide and out of position.

This year the 5 at the back has been rock solid and allowed the team to play controlled football with confidence.

Its not luck, done a great job. And the away Cardiff game ... 👏👏🦢

Beware of the Risen People

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:21 - Jan 24 with 1855 viewsonehunglow

It's been aid before but it is really a shame crowds are absent.Players get well paid no doubt but it must be tough at times to motivate.

It is a joy to see how lads not lacking that in any way.

It' a matter of moving it on

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:32 - Jan 24 with 1856 viewsjackrabbit

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 10:27 - Jan 24 by onehunglow

Morning Cat.

Young Cooperboy looked very assured for a first appearance and it was a joy to behold.

Looking good.

Biggest positive was Hourihane who could well be the player to put us over the promotion line. First game in ages and he plays like he owns the place. That ,folks is class.

My golfing mate is a huge Villa fan and he is convinced Hourihane is the man to get us over the line. I was highly critical of the performance at Barnsley, but conscious of the fact that the pitch was a huge factor as was Barnsley’s no-nonsense in-yer-face tactics which we countered in the same style. As wins go, they rarely come uglier, but I knew it was not the limit of our capabilities and so it was proved yesterday. I thought we were truly excellent yesterday in every aspect of the game - with just the one blemish - the defensive brain-fart that led to their goal! But it was a real pleasure to watch that game - so much good football to go with the 5 goals scored. I’d never seen what the fuss was about Cullen, but I was pleasantly surprised yesterday - he was class.
The defence was assured, apart from the afore-mentioned blemish, the midfield was creative and composed - Hourihane oozed class, (and Gylfi-esque is the perfect description of him. No higher praise.), Grimes’s rocket-shot of a goal was outstanding, and the much-maligned Dhanda showed he could play a bit also - that delightful pass with the outside of his right foot which led to the 4th goal (Cullen’s 2nd) was superb.

Our wing backs rampaged in the generous space that Forest left us on the wings - I thought both Manning and Robert’s had great games.

Routs was his dependable self and it was sad to see him prematurely depart. And it looks like we have some nice talent emerging from the Academy. All in all a perfect day to be a Swans fan.
Now more of the same on Wednesday please!
Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:40 - Jan 24 with 1842 viewsNortbankboy

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:32 - Jan 24 by jackrabbit

My golfing mate is a huge Villa fan and he is convinced Hourihane is the man to get us over the line. I was highly critical of the performance at Barnsley, but conscious of the fact that the pitch was a huge factor as was Barnsley’s no-nonsense in-yer-face tactics which we countered in the same style. As wins go, they rarely come uglier, but I knew it was not the limit of our capabilities and so it was proved yesterday. I thought we were truly excellent yesterday in every aspect of the game - with just the one blemish - the defensive brain-fart that led to their goal! But it was a real pleasure to watch that game - so much good football to go with the 5 goals scored. I’d never seen what the fuss was about Cullen, but I was pleasantly surprised yesterday - he was class.
The defence was assured, apart from the afore-mentioned blemish, the midfield was creative and composed - Hourihane oozed class, (and Gylfi-esque is the perfect description of him. No higher praise.), Grimes’s rocket-shot of a goal was outstanding, and the much-maligned Dhanda showed he could play a bit also - that delightful pass with the outside of his right foot which led to the 4th goal (Cullen’s 2nd) was superb.

Our wing backs rampaged in the generous space that Forest left us on the wings - I thought both Manning and Robert’s had great games.

Routs was his dependable self and it was sad to see him prematurely depart. And it looks like we have some nice talent emerging from the Academy. All in all a perfect day to be a Swans fan.

Yes it's great to see fans being positive about our club in these difficult times.
Let's hope we can keep it to the end of the season.
And it would be nice to the double over the bluebirds.
Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:41 - Jan 24 with 1835 viewsonehunglow

I could have written that ,mun

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 12:08 - Jan 24 with 1808 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:40 - Jan 24 by Nortbankboy

Yes it's great to see fans being positive about our club in these difficult times.

Let’s also hope that the vaccine rolls out so successfully that we can go back and watch them clinch the title.

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 12:13 - Jan 24 with 1800 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am glad someone has given Manning a mention as well as all the other stars.
He was good in defence, great going forward, had their right back on toast and crossed well.
A great team performance.
Cullen's goals on the volley were terrific, if he had taken a touch, they would have had closed him down.
Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 12:17 - Jan 24 with 1793 viewsonehunglow

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 11:40 - Jan 24 by Nortbankboy

It's simply a matter of where we are;we are in a good place and on the cusp possibly of getting back to where we were. It would be well deserved.

Some will say ,don't get carried away;well,why not.It 's what sport is about,a distraction form the travail and worries of everyday life and a relief for many-believe it or not.

If one is going to bitch,then bitch over sport .

It's just farkin Brentford bothers me

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 12:44 - Jan 24 with 1760 viewsReslovenSwan1

I want to put in a good word for Garrick. He is very much "under the radar" and Cooper did not even mention him as one of his fringe players who got game time. Tough love perhaps.

I like to think Cooper sees him as a project. In very few appearances last season he scored assisted and won penalties in rare appearances. He looked to have exposive pace but lacking in physicality and not noticeable in defensive phases of play. Also delicate hamstrings.

In his two brief cameos in the FA cup there is clear evidence that defenseive shortcoming are being rectified , he appears more physical and fully cognisant of Coopers "non negotiabes". Like Cullen I have not seen any evidence that he can win aerial challenges. I presume Garrick Cullen and Cooper O have been brought into the first team squad simply to develop first team skills of doing the right thing at the right time and fullflling team ethos responsibilities. I hope to see Garrick emmerge. He must have improved defensively as he is being played at wing back.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 12:55]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 12:45 - Jan 24 with 1756 viewsonehunglow

He' s a strong lad and one to watch and develop without doubt. He can finish too if given the chance.

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 1740 viewsFlashberryjack

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 12:13 - Jan 24 by A_Fans_Dad

I am glad someone has given Manning a mention as well as all the other stars.
He was good in defence, great going forward, had their right back on toast and crossed well.
A great team performance.
Cullen's goals on the volley were terrific, if he had taken a touch, they would have had closed him down.

Totally agree, he was outstanding IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 12:53 - Jan 24 with 1736 viewsonehunglow

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 12:52 - Jan 24 by Flashberryjack

Totally agree, he was outstanding IMO.

another in agreement.hows a real hunger

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 13:40 - Jan 24 with 1691 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We should see a much more professional production crew and team of presenters when we host Manchester City in the next round.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 13:59 - Jan 24 with 1670 viewsReslovenSwan1

Positives, and many of them. What are yours on 13:40 - Jan 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We should see a much more professional production crew and team of presenters when we host Manchester City in the next round.

If you mean 'more professional' does than mean boring Shearer and that giggling Ian Wright or the BT slackers? .They did not even think the 20 studded charge on Connor Roberts by Rico Henry in the playoff off game was a foul. He wiped him out.

Neither Shearer or wright have a clue about Swansea s players and will simply refer to to Swnseas best player Ayew from their notes. The women know Cullen and Cooper were academy boys. They will also refer to any good Swansea players and say he should go and play for someone else.

They are on about £20,000 an hour. The fine Welsh manager Jane Ludlow probably got £250 for her efforts and was quite informative about the role of Grimes etc.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024