Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ 16:06 - Jan 24 with 16710 viewsNotLoyal

EFL Championship
Wednesday 27th January 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 7pm

Rearranged from this weekend due to the fact the swans had to thrash Nottingham Forest 5-1 in the FA Cup. Brentford lost at home to Leicester City.

TV listings to follow.

Match officials
JOHN BROOKS
Nick Greenhalgh and Akil Howson
Fourth Official : James Linington

John Brooks practising his Borini celebrations.

Brooksey as we know him here at Swansea Independent was the referee when the swans beat Leckwith 2-0 in December. In fact the last three games he has taken charge of for the swans have resulted in wins. The other was a draw. His first game officiating the swans was a loss at home to Crystal Palace. Another star performer in the referee game Brooksey is also from Melton Tony Mowbray. Born in 1991 he left school at 18 in 2009 which makes him quite a young chap. Brooksey is very well thought of in the referee world and we can find no reason why he shouldn’t hand the game to Swansea especially if ‘Dancing Ryan Manning’ gets on the pitch.

Frankly Thomas

Thomas Frank is the much loved manager of Brentford.

Thomas Frank is an American democrat when he’s not manager of Brentford, he lives in Maryland in that USA with his Mrs and kids, most of his games where he has managed Brentford have been done by Gareth Ainsworth because of the lockdown issues and commuting by aeroplane from America. Obviously you can choose to believe this or not, that’s up to you. Swansea supporters are big fans of Thomas, especially when he gets all feisty and throws his lovely locks of hair about like a crazy Julian Clarey.

The real Thomas the Frank engine

Frank is a real bubbly chap, he has a real desire to shout in your face and toodle pip his blowers in your ears. Below is a short interview with this much loved children’s train.

This interview was before the embarrassing defeat to lowly Leicester Fosse.

At the start of the year, Brentford FC Head Coach Thomas Frank was named Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month for December. The Bees played eight Championship games in December and won five of them. The other three were drawn to ensure Brentford were unbeaten through the month and that was enough to earn Thomas, on behalf of the squad, the award. The Bees picked up 18 points in their eight games, scoring 16 goals and conceding just eight. There were home wins over Reading and AFC Bournemouth, who are in the top six in the table, as well as away victories against Rotherham United, Nottingham Forest and Cardiff City. The Bees also beat Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup Quarter Final.

After being informed he had won the award, Thomas spoke to The Sun, on a video call. He talked about Brentford's season so far and about the end of the 2019/20 campaign when The Bees finished third in the Championship and lost the Play-Off Final. He also talked about some of the factors that are helping the Club progress. "We have this unique togetherness where you can see that everything’s aligned from top to bottom — from the staff, players and me to the board and owner," said Thomas. “We’re all good people who work in the same direction. We have this attitude, believe in ourselves and are humble. If you’re not humble, someone will run past you. “We also work extremely hard because you achieve nothing otherwise. You must perform every day and that performance comes on and off the training pitch. These bits are extremely important. “Beside that is our style of play where we’re clear in how we want to do it. That added together and consistency reaps great results. Maybe we didn’t have the margins with us last year but if we keep doing this the scoreboard will take care of itself.”

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Conor Hourihane; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Manning, Dan Williams, Jordon Garrick, Yan Dhanda, Ollie Cooper, Jordan Morris.

Brentford: David Raya, Henrik Dalsgaard (captain), Mads Sorensen, Ethan Pinnock, Rico Henry; Mathias Jensen, Josh Dasilva; Bryan Mbuemo, Vitaly Janelt, Sergi Canos; Ivan Toney.

Substitutes: Luke Daniels, Saman Ghoddos, Marcus Forss, Tariqe Fosu, Mads Roerslev, Jan Zamburek, Fin Stevens, Alex Gilbert, Maxwell Haygarth.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 18:00 - Jan 24 with 4322 viewsNotLoyal

Big big game jacks.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 18:01 - Jan 24 with 4307 viewsonehunglow

THE game

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 18:50 - Jan 24 with 4286 views34dfgdf54

6 pointer.

Massive.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 08:20 - Jan 25 with 4033 viewsraynor94

The picture of Thomas Frank, is Gareth Ainsworth

Big game but I think we can do them
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 10:51]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 08:54 - Jan 25 with 4025 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 08:20 - Jan 25 by raynor94

You do realize he taking the p#ss...
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 09:45 - Jan 25 with 3986 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 08:20 - Jan 25 by raynor94

Whoooooooosh 🤣
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 10:45 - Jan 25 with 3966 views34dfgdf54

One thing I've noticed with us, is we are very often the underdogs according to the bookies, Barsnley away, Cardiff away, Blackburn away, Brentford home.

No one fancies us whatsoever. I got a feeling they will be in for another shock Wednesday.

2-1 Morris late winner after coming on as sub in the 75th minute.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 11:02 - Jan 25 with 3939 viewsVincent_Vega

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 10:45 - Jan 25 by 34dfgdf54

One thing I've noticed with us, is we are very often the underdogs according to the bookies, Barsnley away, Cardiff away, Blackburn away, Brentford home.

No one fancies us whatsoever. I got a feeling they will be in for another shock Wednesday.

2-1 Morris late winner after coming on as sub in the 75th minute.

without feeding the 'no one likes us' narrative how is that always the case? You'd think the bookies would catch on or is it just the market? Long may it continue by the way.

Tight 1-0 Ayew me thinks

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 11:09 - Jan 25 with 3931 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 11:02 - Jan 25 by Vincent_Vega

without feeding the 'no one likes us' narrative how is that always the case? You'd think the bookies would catch on or is it just the market? Long may it continue by the way.

Tight 1-0 Ayew me thinks

Ayew has had plenty of rest recently so have numerous others, no complaints.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 11:14 - Jan 25 with 3923 viewsCatullus

Not sure if I'm excited or nervous? The FA cup was probably a good thing, giving Hourihane a run out before a BIG game.

I don't like Frank very much but he's done a great job down there. People don't just see plucky uostarts now, they are genuine contenders and have been finding some real gems from nowhere, we have things in common.

I used to like going to Brentford, obviously not been to the new ground but I went to the old one several times. My first time was aged 17, myself and Alan Gorton and we got done 3 nil, it was 1984. Not my first away trip by any means but memorable.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 11:36 - Jan 25 with 3904 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 11:14 - Jan 25 by Catullus

Not sure if I'm excited or nervous? The FA cup was probably a good thing, giving Hourihane a run out before a BIG game.

I don't like Frank very much but he's done a great job down there. People don't just see plucky uostarts now, they are genuine contenders and have been finding some real gems from nowhere, we have things in common.

I used to like going to Brentford, obviously not been to the new ground but I went to the old one several times. My first time was aged 17, myself and Alan Gorton and we got done 3 nil, it was 1984. Not my first away trip by any means but memorable.

I got lost there once and asked the way.Nobody could either understand me nor could be arsed to reply. Horrible place.

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 11:59 - Jan 25 with 3895 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 11:14 - Jan 25 by Catullus

I think, if I was Cooper I would place CH on the bench and let the tried and tested midfield 3 of Grimes, Fulton and Smith rough up Brentford a bit. Then when they’re tiring bring Hourihane on.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:08 - Jan 25 with 3889 viewsandypitt56

We win this game and I will genuinely start believing that we are title contenders. can see this being a bore draw though
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:25 - Jan 25 with 3874 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:08 - Jan 25 by andypitt56

We win this game and I will genuinely start believing that we are title contenders. can see this being a bore draw though

Sorry Andy but our mindset as a team doesn’t allow for that mate, it won’t happen.
Derby was a catalyst.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:37 - Jan 25 with 3852 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:25 - Jan 25 by KeithHaynes

Sorry Andy but our mindset as a team doesn’t allow for that mate, it won’t happen.
Derby was a catalyst.

Derby our worst performance of the season.Thinking we won't play like that again.

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:41 - Jan 25 with 3857 viewsandypitt56

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:25 - Jan 25 by KeithHaynes

Derby was a catalyst.

I Hope you are right, but are record against those around us isn't amazing.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:55 - Jan 25 with 3850 viewscymrojack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 11:59 - Jan 25 by Brynmill_Jack

I think, if I was Cooper I would place CH on the bench and let the tried and tested midfield 3 of Grimes, Fulton and Smith rough up Brentford a bit. Then when they’re tiring bring Hourihane on.

This is the big call for Wednesday.

Do we drop Fulton or Smith for Hourihane?

If wanting to include all 4, a possible solution lies with Conor Hourihane instead of Bidwell.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 12:56]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 13:03 - Jan 25 with 3827 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:55 - Jan 25 by cymrojack

If wanting to include all 4, a possible solution lies with Conor Hourihane instead of Bidwell.

Replacing Bidwell with Hourihane against a team that’s as good as Brentford going forward is going to be near suicidal. Start with the tried and tested, it makes sense to ease Hourihane in a bit first.

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 13:22 - Jan 25 with 3813 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 13:03 - Jan 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Replacing Bidwell with Hourihane against a team that’s as good as Brentford going forward is going to be near suicidal. Start with the tried and tested, it makes sense to ease Hourihane in a bit first.

This ^

Did anyone notice hourihane flagging in the minutes before he was brought off?

He obviously isnt match fit, I expect him to be eased into the rest of the season.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 13:35 - Jan 25 with 3795 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 13:22 - Jan 25 by Fireboy2

This ^

Did anyone notice hourihane flagging in the minutes before he was brought off?

He obviously isnt match fit, I expect him to be eased into the rest of the season.

Me too mate. No matter how well he trains at Villa match fitness I’d a different kettle of fish.

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 13:54 - Jan 25 with 3777 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 13:35 - Jan 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Me too mate. No matter how well he trains at Villa match fitness I’d a different kettle of fish.

Yep, you will be ripping trees up in training, then first game you are blowing out of your arse.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 14:34 - Jan 25 with 3726 viewsCatullus

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 12:55 - Jan 25 by cymrojack

Hourihane at wing back? What do we gain? Bidwells crossing have been a reliable supply for our attack. We want to increase that supply AND not compromise our defence.

I don't see it being a bore draw either, that's not Brentfords style. They'll want to win.

Personally I'd start Hourihane with Grimes and Fulton. I'd wait for him to tire then replace with Smith. Hopefully Hourihane can supply the ammo for us to get in front then Smith can come on to help hold it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 3727 viewscymrojack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 13:54 - Jan 25 by Fireboy2

Yep, you will be ripping trees up in training, then first game you are blowing out of your arse.

Yup, was just making the point that it was possible to play Hourihane in that position if wanting to leave the other 3 in there. I wouldn't neccesarily go for it if I was Steve Cooper.

Hopefully it will be the Brentford boys who'll be undercooked and blowing out of their arses on Wednesday seeing as most of them have only played one full game this year.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 14:37]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 16:07 - Jan 25 with 3654 viewsonehunglow

Me?I start my best players and Hourihane is a best player.He came in for his first game and looked like he belonged.Good enough for me anyway. He won't let us down.

Either way,we gotta beat this Brentford team and the camel for a gob manager.

No offence to any camel meant

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread on 17:13 - Jan 25 with 3602 viewsWhiterockin

We are an excellent team and we ooze class. Don't underestimate how good we currently are 4-1 win and it will be a massive statement of intent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024