Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just watched Saturdays highlights 11:14 - Jan 25 with 1449 viewsNotLoyal

Can't see Cooper being happy at all with the defending on numerous occasions, not anywhere near our usual standard.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 11:24 - Jan 25 with 1106 viewsMartyrman57

Are you trying to give DYSS a boner 🤔
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 11:30 - Jan 25 with 1080 viewsonehunglow

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 11:24 - Jan 25 by Martyrman57

Are you trying to give DYSS a boner 🤔

We will however be facing a totally different side on Weds and if we defend like that v Citeh it will be embarassing.

Hopefully, we will front up as we have been doing from 1-11

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 11:51 - Jan 25 with 1050 viewsnantywatcher

I cannot get my head around why we have such a great defensive record because all our defenders make so many unforced errors during almost every game. Still long may it continue.
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 12:01 - Jan 25 with 1029 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 11:51 - Jan 25 by nantywatcher

I cannot get my head around why we have such a great defensive record because all our defenders make so many unforced errors during almost every game. Still long may it continue.

We get away with it because the other 10 players always bust a gut for each other and are guarding their clean sheet record collectively like it was the Crown Jewels .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 12:24 - Jan 25 with 1003 viewsKeithHaynes

Young men playing in a disciplined defence with such high standards, mistakes will happen, hopefully Cooper is on to it today reviewing where things went wrong, their goal was a pretty bad show.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 12:32 - Jan 25 with 979 viewsonehunglow

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 12:24 - Jan 25 by KeithHaynes

Young men playing in a disciplined defence with such high standards, mistakes will happen, hopefully Cooper is on to it today reviewing where things went wrong, their goal was a pretty bad show.

So Cooper won't be "negative" because he looks at what went wrong instead of what went right.The right way to manage as we can all do better and should not ever be totally satisfied.It really is all about improving.

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 12:58 - Jan 25 with 957 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think it’s still a very good endorsement of the team’s collective defending when you realise their only goal didn’t come from us being picked apart by the opposition but by a sloppy mistake.
Always a good positive to reflect on.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:17 - Jan 25 with 945 viewsFireboy2

Exactly, you cannot have an error free game, no matter what position you play, its impossible.

Fwiw, forest had several shots at goal from outside the box but they were met by 2 or 3 throwing their bodies at them, that's what you called committed, something we have been all season and long may it continue.
Login to get fewer ads

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:25 - Jan 25 with 931 viewsWhiterockin

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:17 - Jan 25 by Fireboy2

Exactly, you cannot have an error free game, no matter what position you play, its impossible.

Fwiw, forest had several shots at goal from outside the box but they were met by 2 or 3 throwing their bodies at them, that's what you called committed, something we have been all season and long may it continue.

Incredible how we have moved on in 2 years. Now we analyse mistakes when we concede a single goal.
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:37 - Jan 25 with 908 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 11:51 - Jan 25 by nantywatcher

I know and a rubbish Gk,
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:44 - Jan 25 with 904 views34dfgdf54

The main criticism Saturday from me was the attitude of the players early in second half, I think they thought it was going to be a walk in the park and the game was already done. Cooper touched on it afterwards.

Other than though it was a perfect day in office.
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:50 - Jan 25 with 893 viewsFireboy2

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:44 - Jan 25 by 34dfgdf54

The main criticism Saturday from me was the attitude of the players early in second half, I think they thought it was going to be a walk in the park and the game was already done. Cooper touched on it afterwards.

Somehow I dont think we take anything for granted on wednesday
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:51 - Jan 25 with 891 viewsFireboy2

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:25 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

Incredible how we have moved on in 2 years. Now we analyse mistakes when we concede a single goal.

And what a great position to be in eh😁👍
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:57 - Jan 25 with 883 viewsWhiterockin

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:51 - Jan 25 by Fireboy2

And what a great position to be in eh😁👍

Exactly and long may it last.
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 14:19 - Jan 25 with 855 viewsBadlands

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 13:44 - Jan 25 by 34dfgdf54

You mean straight after half tim ... after Cooper had had 15 minutes in the dressing with them!!!
Latibaudiere showed why he's understudy, Roberts' defending was weak (it didn't need to be strong TBH) and Guehi seemed to be going though the motions.
An amazing result but let's be honest Forest seemed to have given up before getting off their collective knee.
Cabango has to be back for the Brentford game.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 14:22 - Jan 25 with 850 viewsPrivate_Partz

I could not see much wrong, apart from the cock up for their goal.
In fact I was amazed how drilled everyone is . Covering for each other. The closing down and pressing was top drawer.
Keep this up and we are definitely in with a shout for the autos.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 14:32 - Jan 25 with 831 viewsWhiterockin

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 14:19 - Jan 25 by Badlands

You mean straight after half tim ... after Cooper had had 15 minutes in the dressing with them!!!
Latibaudiere showed why he's understudy, Roberts' defending was weak (it didn't need to be strong TBH) and Guehi seemed to be going though the motions.
An amazing result but let's be honest Forest seemed to have given up before getting off their collective knee.

Cooper bashing alert.
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 14:33 - Jan 25 with 823 views34dfgdf54

Lati is an understudy, but a good one at that, he will make mistakes just as Cabango did last season at Ewood park etc. No big deal.

I fully expect to see Cabango put straight back in.
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 14:46 - Jan 25 with 803 viewsBadlands

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 14:32 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

Cooper bashing alert.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 15:15 - Jan 25 with 760 viewsangryjack

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 14:33 - Jan 25 by 34dfgdf54

Lati is an understudy, but a good one at that, he will make mistakes just as Cabango did last season at Ewood park etc. No big deal.

I fully expect to see Cabango put straight back in.

He made a mistake because the way we play,its obvious we are told to try and play out..OK .maybe he should have hit it row z but that's not how we play if every time opposition player started closing us down and we just hoofed it up field or into touch it wouldn't be our game.OK he was caught in possession but we try and play through the press,usually it comes off but the times we get caught can be telling,as much he is to blame when you play this way there should always at least be a man showing,I'd rather play this way and usually it works,possession teams try and play from the back but can be costly if get caught.rather this than Cardiff's approach
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 20:25 - Jan 25 with 657 viewsonehunglow

Brave post which will be seen as "negative" by many on here. You are correct.

Their goal was completely avoidable and we were lucky with that awful penalty decision.Had we not had that,it could have been a different game.

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 20:26 - Jan 25 with 654 viewsonehunglow

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 15:15 - Jan 25 by angryjack

He made a mistake because the way we play,its obvious we are told to try and play out..OK .maybe he should have hit it row z but that's not how we play if every time opposition player started closing us down and we just hoofed it up field or into touch it wouldn't be our game.OK he was caught in possession but we try and play through the press,usually it comes off but the times we get caught can be telling,as much he is to blame when you play this way there should always at least be a man showing,I'd rather play this way and usually it works,possession teams try and play from the back but can be costly if get caught.rather this than Cardiff's approach

NO NEED to play out when it is not on.It only invites pressure.

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 21:20 - Jan 25 with 638 viewsangryjack

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 20:26 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

That's the whole point...inviting the press...to try play through it..sometimes it don't work and can be costly...once you have played around the first press the field opens up, its very rare on, from the keeper,but its about being brave on the ball...or you could just tell your keeper to hoof it up like cardiff ,I would rather us play this way and get caught, now and again,,maybe punished now and again, than become a non footballing team,to be a footballing team you got take risks and be brave.like I said you invite the press, when its NOT on ,as you say,to try and play through the lines,beat that first press and the pitch opens up. So I think your wrong, when you say don't give it when its not on,as that is the whole point of playing this way ,as much as the kid got caught there wasn't enough options on either.and when it goes wrong it looks bad but I would rather us play this method, than get Freddie to launch it over halfway line and hope for best.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 5:10]
Just watched Saturdays highlights on 22:55 - Jan 25 with 582 viewsswancity

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 20:26 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

You don’t seem to understand again. That’s not surprising

Take a good look at Chelsea’s 3rd goal v Luton last weekend and you might understand

You need to be brave on the ball. The idea being that if you can get through the high press then your team might have an attacking opportunity

But it’s either a Club philosophy determined by the Manager or it’s not. The Forest goal was a bad one to concede. Our defender Lautibierre can accept responsibility...he’s young and will learn. I suppose conceding like that is almost inevitable at some stage. Our defensive work has been brilliant all season hasn’t it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 10:46 - Jan 26 with 485 viewsonehunglow

Just watched Saturdays highlights on 21:20 - Jan 25 by angryjack

That's the whole point...inviting the press...to try play through it..sometimes it don't work and can be costly...once you have played around the first press the field opens up, its very rare on, from the keeper,but its about being brave on the ball...or you could just tell your keeper to hoof it up like cardiff ,I would rather us play this way and get caught, now and again,,maybe punished now and again, than become a non footballing team,to be a footballing team you got take risks and be brave.like I said you invite the press, when its NOT on ,as you say,to try and play through the lines,beat that first press and the pitch opens up. So I think your wrong, when you say don't give it when its not on,as that is the whole point of playing this way ,as much as the kid got caught there wasn't enough options on either.and when it goes wrong it looks bad but I would rather us play this method, than get Freddie to launch it over halfway line and hope for best.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 5:10]

Inviting the Press is inviting trouble if you do not have the quality to always do so.
Anyway, a decent riposte and I thank you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024