Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfers 12:55 - Jan 25 with 1377 viewsheatwave

We have been very proactive in this window. However could we lose any players last minute? Lowe, Cabango, Ayew, Roberts and Grimes consistency would probably be of interest to some Premier league sides in the bottom half.
Transfers on 13:08 - Jan 25 with 1356 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No I think they’re all under contract and we could put a big price tag on each of them to keep the wolves from the door. It would be a total reversal of policy and would hinder us as we wouldn’t have the requisite amount of time to get suitable replacements in.

Besides, if the rumours are correct then Ayew seems to want to stay “Always and Forever”. 😉

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Transfers on 13:55 - Jan 25 with 1292 viewsWhiterockin

The right price and anyone will go. Its just that currently I don't think we are under the financial pressure we were in the last window, therefore we can be firmer with any offers coming in. Money is tight for football clubs at the moment and I can't see any stupid offers being made.
Transfers on 14:32 - Jan 25 with 1245 viewsChief

Ill be chuffed once the windows shut.

The Rodon sale shows that we may not have to receive outrageous bids late in on the window for us to lose players.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Transfers on 15:20 - Jan 25 with 1209 viewsangryjack

Transfers on 13:55 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

The right price and anyone will go. Its just that currently I don't think we are under the financial pressure we were in the last window, therefore we can be firmer with any offers coming in. Money is tight for football clubs at the moment and I can't see any stupid offers being made.

Not necessarily the price I think if someone came in for ayew now I think we would let him go on a free,can't seeanyone matching his wages though so he would see out his contract here...just think the owners would be happy with his wages off the books
Transfers on 20:54 - Jan 25 with 1033 viewsReslovenSwan1

Transfers on 14:32 - Jan 25 by Chief

Ill be chuffed once the windows shut.

The Rodon sale shows that we may not have to receive outrageous bids late in on the window for us to lose players.

Swansea wanted to sell Rodon and Rodon was ready to go. The deal was OK if Swansea get £15m. Cabango was a direct replacement and needs game time and Cooper would have slotted in if he had not been injured. The Rodon contract situaltion was not clear. It could be rodon declined an extension.

Steve Cooper knew the Rodon money was required and it gave scope for Scott to come up with Bennent, Latibaudiere and Manning.

I do not think Swansea will need to discount anyone in January with the CLN on board. You bizarrelycalled that "cash dyumping".

Wise sage since Toshack era

Transfers on 21:12 - Jan 25 with 1005 viewsChief

Transfers on 20:54 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea wanted to sell Rodon and Rodon was ready to go. The deal was OK if Swansea get £15m. Cabango was a direct replacement and needs game time and Cooper would have slotted in if he had not been injured. The Rodon contract situaltion was not clear. It could be rodon declined an extension.

Steve Cooper knew the Rodon money was required and it gave scope for Scott to come up with Bennent, Latibaudiere and Manning.

I do not think Swansea will need to discount anyone in January with the CLN on board. You bizarrelycalled that "cash dyumping".

Fair depiction so far seeing as we've reinvested basically zero.

So yea i still take the loans as a money making exercise for the Americans at the moment and nothing more.

Transfers on 21:45 - Jan 25 with 971 viewsnyc_swans

not trying to be negative about swans players, but hard to see any current players fitting the profile of a typical january buy for a premier league team. yes, the ones OP mentioned are all having good seasons, but it's very difficult for me to see a team like Fulham/West Brom looking at Grimes or Lowe and being like "this is exactly what we need right now to avoid relegation" .

i guess this is just a way of saying i'm more relaxed on the situation than some.
Transfers on 21:52 - Jan 25 with 956 viewsChief

Transfers on 21:45 - Jan 25 by nyc_swans

not trying to be negative about swans players, but hard to see any current players fitting the profile of a typical january buy for a premier league team. yes, the ones OP mentioned are all having good seasons, but it's very difficult for me to see a team like Fulham/West Brom looking at Grimes or Lowe and being like "this is exactly what we need right now to avoid relegation" .

i guess this is just a way of saying i'm more relaxed on the situation than some.

Id say Roberts does.

Incredible engine, gets goals, assists, gets stuck in.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfers on 22:52 - Jan 25 with 903 viewsthornabyswan

Transfers on 21:52 - Jan 25 by Chief

Id say Roberts does.

Incredible engine, gets goals, assists, gets stuck in.

I think the transfer fees will need to be higher than the norm to entice sales.

Ayew is costing us 1.5M in wages edit for the next 5 months.
We will be receiving close on 150 million if we get promoted.

Same with the likes of Grimes Cabango Robert's there will be offers for them in the summer unless clubs are prepared to pay silly money I think they will stay for now.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 22:55]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024