Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. 17:31 - Jan 26 with 1298 viewsReslovenSwan1

These are the words of Team USA coach.

“We have a good relationship with the coaching staff at Swansea, and we had long conversations about what they want to achieve this year, and how they're going to use Jordan. And I think that he's going to be in good hands,” said Berhalter.

There was a recent game at Swansea of course with some stellar US young guns playing Wales. Looks as if some good "networking" was done. Perhaps USA used Swansea facilites.

I hope fans can start to see benefits in the US links rather than put out tired rhetoric of negativilty which are day by day proving false and possibly politically driven.

Berhalter has coaching time in Sweden so may have Potter / Graeme Jones links as well who knows.

[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 17:35]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 18:19 - Jan 26 with 1218 viewsTreforys_Jack

I got no problem with any of that.
Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 19:37 - Jan 26 with 1135 viewsChief

Happy with the obvious link up considering who owns the club, may as well make the most of the opportunity. Hopefully Morris will contribute towards our promotion push in the second half of the season.

Lets hope he has a more favourable impact than when our owners last looked across the Atlantic for footballing nous and inflicted a certain folically challenged manager upon us.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 20:35 - Jan 26 with 1068 viewsCatullus

There is an obvious huge advantage to having good links in the USA, simply by the law of averages they will turn out good players and we can and should be taking advantage. Besides, brexit makes signing Euro players harder so every advantage we can get should be grabbed and held onto.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 20:49 - Jan 26 with 1043 viewsBoundy

No problem with that as long as its not to the detriment of us . Considering the size of the US it is surprising they don't have a bigger impact on the world stage although a few seem to be playing in the Scottish league system.
I believe cardiff fans were hoping the Tan links to the far east and with him purchasing FK Sarajevo a few years back would have yielded them picking up a few decent players .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 21:25 - Jan 26 with 1004 viewsReslovenSwan1

Player like Morris and possibly Arreola can be expected to be very competent and physically strong. In the past players coming as mature players did well including Clint Dempsey, Brian McBride and Landon Donvan. They slipped easily into PL sides.

Morris (and Arreola?) are joining a championship sides so should cope easily. Another benefit is they are $600,000 -700,000 annual income which relates to around £9,000 a week. Since quite high for Championship teams but a lot less than Hourahaine on £30,000+ week. Brewster and Gallagher were probably on not far off that at a guess.

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 21:29 - Jan 26 with 1000 viewsCatullus

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 21:25 - Jan 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Player like Morris and possibly Arreola can be expected to be very competent and physically strong. In the past players coming as mature players did well including Clint Dempsey, Brian McBride and Landon Donvan. They slipped easily into PL sides.

Morris (and Arreola?) are joining a championship sides so should cope easily. Another benefit is they are $600,000 -700,000 annual income which relates to around £9,000 a week. Since quite high for Championship teams but a lot less than Hourahaine on £30,000+ week. Brewster and Gallagher were probably on not far off that at a guess.

I didn't think Donovan was such a success?

MSL players are usually good athletes though, very fit. You need to be fit to play our style, specially at wing back! Cooper expects them ALL to work for each other, it' great really, a proper team working for each other. Ayew might be a star in the team but he works as hard as anybody.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 09:21 - Jan 27 with 838 viewsandypitt56

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 21:29 - Jan 26 by Catullus

I didn't think Donovan was such a success?

MSL players are usually good athletes though, very fit. You need to be fit to play our style, specially at wing back! Cooper expects them ALL to work for each other, it' great really, a proper team working for each other. Ayew might be a star in the team but he works as hard as anybody.

I think with the brexit rules coming into play, to have links to an overseas national side can only be a good thing. We will have to widen our search area for talent pools where they have enough international caps.
Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 10:46 - Jan 27 with 776 viewsDr_Winston

Ultimately, America will crack football.

The game is still growing out there, and even if the majority of the population continue to gravitate towards Basketball, NFL & Baseball (although there are signs of a decline in interest in the latter two) it's still a huge population with a massive 1st & 2nd generation migrant population from more football interested countries. They've got the numbers to sustain the game, both in terms of support and player development.

Allied to that, Americans do athlete/sports development very well. They spend a lot of money on it and the collegiate system does a good job of training the brain as well as the body. All they need is a good couple of tournaments with some players who become well known on the Global scale. Christian Pulisic is a good start in that direction.

Certainly won't hurt us to have good strong links in that direction, and a reputation as a place where players produced by the American system can go and thrive.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 11:21 - Jan 27 with 733 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 10:46 - Jan 27 by Dr_Winston

The game is still growing out there, and even if the majority of the population continue to gravitate towards Basketball, NFL & Baseball (although there are signs of a decline in interest in the latter two) it's still a huge population with a massive 1st & 2nd generation migrant population from more football interested countries. They've got the numbers to sustain the game, both in terms of support and player development.

Allied to that, Americans do athlete/sports development very well. They spend a lot of money on it and the collegiate system does a good job of training the brain as well as the body. All they need is a good couple of tournaments with some players who become well known on the Global scale. Christian Pulisic is a good start in that direction.

Certainly won't hurt us to have good strong links in that direction, and a reputation as a place where players produced by the American system can go and thrive.

Excellent post and spot on.

Optimisticjack

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 11:27 - Jan 27 with 730 viewsAndyCole

The young US ('B')team of Euro-based players was impressive against Wales. The players are mainly at top top teams and must be pushing the likes of Morris and ultimately the US game.

The work ethic, fitness and intelligence fits Cooper's non-negotiables criteria. (Isn't Morris' dad the team Doc?). Interesting why we haven't leveraged this obvious opportunity with US before now.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 11:52 - Jan 27 with 708 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 11:27 - Jan 27 by AndyCole

The young US ('B')team of Euro-based players was impressive against Wales. The players are mainly at top top teams and must be pushing the likes of Morris and ultimately the US game.

The work ethic, fitness and intelligence fits Cooper's non-negotiables criteria. (Isn't Morris' dad the team Doc?). Interesting why we haven't leveraged this obvious opportunity with US before now.

I think the US game has some issues. They appear to get decent crowds theses days bringing revenue but their TV deal is probably less of a insuation for the cold winds of Covid. A potential £5m fee for morris is big money for the MLS. There is alos talk of a delay to the season (resulting cash flow issues) and talk of player industrial action.

Cooper and Scott talked of being imaginative in their approach to transfers with less cash about and the Silverstein / Levien cash loan /investment might help.

Enough headwinds there to encourage the making of some early deals in advance.

I think Cooper will go for amother top drawer youth from the big boys as his last loan. (Gilmour?) If not Arreola as standby.

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 12:38 - Jan 27 with 669 viewsBadlands

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 09:21 - Jan 27 by andypitt56

I think with the brexit rules coming into play, to have links to an overseas national side can only be a good thing. We will have to widen our search area for talent pools where they have enough international caps.

All Brexit has done is make it easier for the FA to exclude tens of thousands of potential transfers from the EU depending on where the FIFA rank their national leagues. The same rules that applied to other nations still apply and now also apply to EU countries.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 12:53 - Jan 27 with 662 viewsChief

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 12:38 - Jan 27 by Badlands

All Brexit has done is make it easier for the FA to exclude tens of thousands of potential transfers from the EU depending on where the FIFA rank their national leagues. The same rules that applied to other nations still apply and now also apply to EU countries.

Yes, exactly.

It hasn't made it any easier to sign players from elsewhere in the world. The fairly stringent work permit rules and conditions still apply.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 12:55]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 14:49 - Jan 27 with 609 viewsCatullus

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 12:53 - Jan 27 by Chief

Yes, exactly.

It hasn't made it any easier to sign players from elsewhere in the world. The fairly stringent work permit rules and conditions still apply.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 12:55]

If that encourages teams to bring through Uk players, is i a bad thing? Look how many players get sent out on loan, just Chelsea the last few years, haven't they sent 50-60 players on loan?

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 15:12 - Jan 27 with 596 viewsPolskijack

Good business from a marketing perspective. Stateside Jacks has a big supporter base and this should help it grow. Interest in the Swans rose significantly in Poland when we signed Fab 😀.
Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 15:18 - Jan 27 with 578 viewsBadlands

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 10:46 - Jan 27 by Dr_Winston

What surprises me, in the US, is the lack of real impact from the Latin American community.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 16:05 - Jan 27 with 539 viewsAndyCole

Swansea and Uncle Sam relations. on 14:49 - Jan 27 by Catullus

If that encourages teams to bring through Uk players, is i a bad thing? Look how many players get sent out on loan, just Chelsea the last few years, haven't they sent 50-60 players on loan?

It's an excellent benefit. We should also have quotas on how many overseas players in each squad and match day team.

Encouraged already at how many UK flags there are on team sheets when Sky unveil the team formations pre-match.

Our academies produce highly talented, technical players who play attractive possession based football. These technical players then get the flair booted out of them when they play lower league hoofball, and fail to make it to the top tier.

Having more home grown technical players throughout the pyramid will raise the standard and entertainment value, more paying fans at local matches. More local fans following their local teams. Just like the old days.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024