Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 21:00 - Jan 27 with 8282 views34dfgdf54

An absolutely amazing point considering the gap in quality between both sides.

That was absolutely pathetic from our manager today though, the lack of game management, the lack of awareness of what’s going on in from him, zero confidence in himself or the players sitting behind him on the bench
Cooper on 22:30 - Jan 27 with 1080 viewsBadlands

Cooper on 22:04 - Jan 27 by OptimisticJack

Played badly, have a player sent off.
Come from behind to equalise.
Defenders put their bodies on the line against an excellent Brentford side.
Great point all things considered.

We were temporarily bumped off second in the league.
To read people claiming Brentford are a great team and we should be grateful for the point is baffling.
At this stage of the season Swansea City should not be happy with an incredibly lucky draw with anyone.
Given our position and our squad we should have made a game of it but didn't, we were set up to dominated and Franck made sure we were.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper on 22:38 - Jan 27 with 1056 viewsangryjack

Cooper on 22:30 - Jan 27 by Badlands

To read people claiming Brentford are a great team and we should be grateful for the point is baffling.
At this stage of the season Swansea City should not be happy with an incredibly lucky draw with anyone.
Given our position and our squad we should have made a game of it but didn't, we were set up to dominated and Franck made sure we were.

Frank outfought cooper which ain't hard if your a good coach too predictable same system every game he played 4411 then pushed fullbacks high and stopped us playing out when we lost it they pushed us deep by fullbacks getting high making our wingbacks deeper and their 4 in midfield dominated our 3 then he should have matched it up as we were getting trounced...I spotted it early and he gets paid thousands to spot these things very very lucky
Cooper on 22:42 - Jan 27 with 1048 viewsraynor94

Nobody said they are great team, but on tonight's performance, they will be there at the business end.

And imo I think we will as well, as much as you hate Cooper, let's wait until the season ends

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cooper on 22:47 - Jan 27 with 1034 views34dfgdf54

Cooper on 22:42 - Jan 27 by raynor94

Nobody said they are great team, but on tonight's performance, they will be there at the business end.

And imo I think we will as well, as much as you hate Cooper, let's wait until the season ends

Brentford are the best side I’ve seen us play against this season. I thought we got the better of them at their place and was expecting more of the same today but was badly wrong.

Smaller squad than us though, going by their fans reaction to the team being named that was a lot of u23s on bench for them today with very little first team experience.
Cooper on 22:47 - Jan 27 with 1032 viewsthornabyswan

We could win the Champions League on penalties with Cooper and you would moan and say we should of won it in 90 minutes.

No idea what he has done to you but it pretty sad really.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 22:50]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper on 22:54 - Jan 27 with 1018 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"An absolutely amazing point considering the gap in quality between both sides"

If you were to compare their starting eleven with our starting eleven, position for position, how many of their opposing players would you swap for the equivalent player in our starting eleven?

It's probably equal. You might even see the majority of Swansea fans pick more Swansea players than Brentford players.

The gap in quality between the two sets of players does not reflect the 2-21 difference in shots on goal or general competitiveness of the match. We set up poorly and were tactically out thought by the opposing coaching team.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Cooper on 22:56 - Jan 27 with 1011 views34dfgdf54

Cooper on 22:54 - Jan 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If you were to compare their starting eleven with our starting eleven, position for position, how many of their opposing players would you swap for the equivalent player in our starting eleven?

It's probably equal. You might even see the majority of Swansea fans pick more Swansea players than Brentford players.

The gap in quality between the two sets of players does not reflect the 2-21 difference in shots on goal or general competitiveness of the match. We set up poorly and were tactically out thought by the opposing coaching team.

Can’t really argue with that.

Toney, Canos, Dasilva and Henry all work in our side though and that’s just on top of head.
Cooper on 23:03 - Jan 27 with 998 viewsthornabyswan

We were the better side at their place earlier in the season and came within a whisker of winning

I thought they were the best side we have played on tonight's performance our manager out thought Frank in the first game.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 23:12 - Jan 27 with 983 viewsTenbySwan

No team is going to win every game.

Man Utd are top of the premier league and lost at home tonight to bottom Sheffield United who only had 5 points before tonight!

Despite being outplayed we didn't lose and are still second in the league.

We have new players come in as well.
Cooper on 23:19 - Jan 27 with 967 viewsFireboy2

Cooper shat himself and Went all defensive, why? Who knows.

It almost backfired but he got away with it.

We are better than tonight's performance showed.

We played that way because of my first sentence.

Be glad we got a point and stopped the privileged moaning bellends from stealing a march on us.

We will tear rotherham a new one on saturday, mark my words

Fin.
Cooper on 23:20 - Jan 27 with 965 viewsangryjack

Cooper on 23:12 - Jan 27 by TenbySwan

No team is going to win every game.

Man Utd are top of the premier league and lost at home tonight to bottom Sheffield United who only had 5 points before tonight!

Despite being outplayed we didn't lose and are still second in the league.

We have new players come in as well.

Nobody well not me is saying it wasn't a great result..but Cooper's tactical failures tonight I'm concerned about.we were getting battered and he couldn't see where the problem was to change it..I could
Cooper on 23:28 - Jan 27 with 955 viewsAndyCole

That's another poor shout.

Frank has been in situ for nigh on 5 years; they are a well oiled machine in this league. The managers have a similar pedigree in youth football - yet Frank has a massive advantage in senior football. 3+years. Yet Cooper is now ahead in terms of league standings - way ahead of the curve.

We are closing the gap on them - from total bashings of 3 goals on average, we are now fighting toe to toe.

The 2-21 difference is a collective margin. The 3+ years margin of working with players day in day out.

Interesting that the detractors like you are geniuses in hindsight. Never once, ever do folk like you have the balls to call it real-time on matchday threads.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Cooper on 23:52 - Jan 27 with 938 viewsLittleEnglandJack

First post, so here goes...

The simple fact is we weren't really in that game for large spells tonight, whether that was part of the game plan or simply showing Brentford too much respect, I don't know. Either way the performance was disappointing given we all know we're capable of so much better, and I don't think it's hysterical 'Anti-Cooperism' to point that out. I was also frustrated by the lack of subs and still would have brought Morris on for Ayew after we equalized, but then that comes as no surprise. For whatever reason, Cooper doesn't like subs.

Having said all that, this is the first time in my 15 or so years of watching us (I'm only 23) that we have the ability to regularly nick results that our performances do not necessarily merit, and credit has to go to Cooper for that. I'm quite enjoying it actually.
Cooper on 23:57 - Jan 27 with 927 viewsKeithHaynes

Which sometimes happens Dwight.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cooper on 00:10 - Jan 28 with 906 viewsAndyCole

Cooper on 23:52 - Jan 27 by LittleEnglandJack

The simple fact is we weren't really in that game for large spells tonight, whether that was part of the game plan or simply showing Brentford too much respect, I don't know. Either way the performance was disappointing given we all know we're capable of so much better, and I don't think it's hysterical 'Anti-Cooperism' to point that out. I was also frustrated by the lack of subs and still would have brought Morris on for Ayew after we equalized, but then that comes as no surprise. For whatever reason, Cooper doesn't like subs.

Having said all that, this is the first time in my 15 or so years of watching us (I'm only 23) that we have the ability to regularly nick results that our performances do not necessarily merit, and credit has to go to Cooper for that. I'm quite enjoying it actually.

Great post, fresh blood seeing it from an entirely different angle to some of the fetid, staid blood.

- For me, we weren't in because they are a top team, not for our lack of application.
- the performance was almost as good as it could have been against them, yet we may have been so much better had CH lived up to his PL billing, and/or Smith was fit
- re subs - Cabango shoulda gone, and agree re Morris for Ayew was a good shout, which in the end we didnt need
- Cooper doesn't like subs for the reason he wants to secure the win - “Great teams always have a Plan B. Look at Barcelona. Their Plan B is to stick to Plan A.”
- Tidy. I'm more than quite enjoying it too

2nd in the league - because or despite Cooper.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Cooper on 00:16 - Jan 28 with 902 viewsKeithHaynes

Cooper on 23:52 - Jan 27 by LittleEnglandJack

Nice one 👍 Welcome.
Little England ?
Pembrokeshire yes ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cooper on 00:19 - Jan 28 with 900 viewsReslovenSwan1

I remember the FA cup tie in January 19 not so long ago. FA cup Brentford came to Swansea and completely outplayed Swansea for 45 minuites. Potter changed things an went for the throat of the Brentford defence and with young James on fire. They were counter attacked with raw speed and they could not handle it. Swansea came away with a 4-1. win.

The Swansea midfiled is too slow. Lowe is swift but not super quick. Ayew, Bidwell and Roberts are not speedsters. Garrick and Morris would have given them something to think about.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper on 00:31 - Jan 28 with 890 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Cooper on 00:16 - Jan 28 by KeithHaynes

Nice one 👍 Welcome.
Little England ?
Pembrokeshire yes ?

Spot on. South Pembs born and bred, as far back as the family tree goes...

Thanks for the welcome. Made this account just before the move to the 'new site' and typically read both, but will be popping in here from time to time to add my cents. When all is said and done an excellent point and we move on to Rotherham. Really fancy us for both a performance and the three points.

Cheers!
Cooper on 00:46 - Jan 28 with 880 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Cooper on 00:10 - Jan 28 by AndyCole

Great post, fresh blood seeing it from an entirely different angle to some of the fetid, staid blood.

- For me, we weren't in because they are a top team, not for our lack of application.
- the performance was almost as good as it could have been against them, yet we may have been so much better had CH lived up to his PL billing, and/or Smith was fit
- re subs - Cabango shoulda gone, and agree re Morris for Ayew was a good shout, which in the end we didnt need
- Cooper doesn't like subs for the reason he wants to secure the win - “Great teams always have a Plan B. Look at Barcelona. Their Plan B is to stick to Plan A.”
- Tidy. I'm more than quite enjoying it too

2nd in the league - because or despite Cooper.

Agree that part of the reason we struggled was because they're a very good side. They remind me of us when we got promoted but with a bit more 'dog' in them.

Nevertheless, I think we could have given them a better a game if we'd played further up the pitch, although at the risk of them catching us on the counter (which seemed to be Cooper's principal concern)

Not sure I entirely buy the Barca explanation re cooper's subs. He is prepared to make subs and change the formation like at Derby away, but seemingly only when the game is either gone for us or out of reach for the opposition. Maybe it's just a personal bias that I like a more proactive manager in tight games. But we're 2nd in the league, so I shouldn't complain. Cooper knows what he's doing.
Cooper on 00:56 - Jan 28 with 869 viewsJoelBats

Huge overreaction.
Disappointing performance. Players not at the races. It happens.
We were better than them up there and should have beaten them earlier in season. They held on. We held on today. One point each.
Cooper on 01:04 - Jan 28 with 862 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Cooper on 00:56 - Jan 28 by JoelBats

Huge overreaction.
Disappointing performance. Players not at the races. It happens.
We were better than them up there and should have beaten them earlier in season. They held on. We held on today. One point each.

This is of course spot on.

Have you seen their forum? Their fans seem to think their performance tonight was essentially a re-enactment of Brazil 1970 and appear to have completely forgotten that a few months ago we completely outplayed them at their place. Over the course of the two games, 2 points each is a completely fair result.
Cooper on 01:19 - Jan 28 with 853 viewsbermudajack

Cooper on 21:17 - Jan 27 by angryjack

I think he's not a bad coach but I could see where the problem was tonight they played 4411 with their full backs pushing high up the pitch pushing our wing backs back leaving 4 against our3 in midfield and he wouldn't cahange it or he couldn't see it

Absolutely, they had the numerical advantage n midfield and used it well, all that was missing from them was a ruthlessness in front of goal, we could have lost that 3-0 tonight and based on our performances - I would have had no complaints... we were never in control, and Cooper did nothing to help the situation 😩

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Cooper on 06:49 - Jan 28 with 806 views34dfgdf54

Cooper on 00:46 - Jan 28 by LittleEnglandJack

Agree that part of the reason we struggled was because they're a very good side. They remind me of us when we got promoted but with a bit more 'dog' in them.

Nevertheless, I think we could have given them a better a game if we'd played further up the pitch, although at the risk of them catching us on the counter (which seemed to be Cooper's principal concern)

Not sure I entirely buy the Barca explanation re cooper's subs. He is prepared to make subs and change the formation like at Derby away, but seemingly only when the game is either gone for us or out of reach for the opposition. Maybe it's just a personal bias that I like a more proactive manager in tight games. But we're 2nd in the league, so I shouldn't complain. Cooper knows what he's doing.

The Derby game at Pride Park was reminiscent of yesterday. They pressed us into submission and Cooper watched, kept watching, kept watching, kept same system and then just chucked when attacking player on at the same time and hope for the best.

No plan b. No game management.
Cooper on 07:04 - Jan 28 with 799 viewsChief

Cooper on 06:49 - Jan 28 by 34dfgdf54

The Derby game at Pride Park was reminiscent of yesterday. They pressed us into submission and Cooper watched, kept watching, kept watching, kept same system and then just chucked when attacking player on at the same time and hope for the best.

No plan b. No game management.

So that's two games out of how many?

You're right to point that out, and critique what went wrong in those 2 particular games but some of the sweeping comments some posters are saying ("gutless, clueless, shocking, terrible, doesn't have a clue, doesn't do game management") are so over the top considering the wider context. Considering where we are in the league (deep into January) none of them can possibly be true to any great extent.

We or anyone else in this division will not dominate and or win every game.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper on 07:29 - Jan 28 with 790 viewsscruffyjack

We were constantly outnumbered from the off out wide and should have gone to a back four by half time at the latest.
We didn’t, and as much as I applaud the job Cooper has done, I don’t understand why. We were really lucky tonight and made Brentford look better than they are.
That is not a negative view, just my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024