Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gilmour Looking for loan move 09:41 - Jan 28 with 1699 viewsandypitt56

Come on Coops, get the lad in!

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/transfer-news/billy-gilmour-considering-leavin
Gilmour Looking for loan move on 10:39 - Jan 28 with 1634 viewsCatullus

Where does he fit now, who do we drop? If Gilmour comes here on condition he plays, which is likely, who deserves to be benched?

I think Hourihane coming probably rules this out but you never know. We have Hourihane, Smith, Fulton, Grimes and Dhanda who all want to be first choice. Dhanda will be on the bench mostly, where does Gilmour fit in?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 10:53 - Jan 28 with 1618 views34dfgdf54

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 10:39 - Jan 28 by Catullus

Where does he fit now, who do we drop? If Gilmour comes here on condition he plays, which is likely, who deserves to be benched?

I think Hourihane coming probably rules this out but you never know. We have Hourihane, Smith, Fulton, Grimes and Dhanda who all want to be first choice. Dhanda will be on the bench mostly, where does Gilmour fit in?

Unless Cooper believes someone like Dan Williams is ready, then we need another midfielder in. I haven't seen the lad play so wouldn't have a clue.

Smith has had a decent run without injury but suffered at Bristol City for the last two seasons hence him being let go. We are still one player short after losing MGW and Palmer and only replacing with Hourihane
Gilmour Looking for loan move on 11:36 - Jan 28 with 1581 viewsmax936

We were short in the middle of the park last night, with Smith injured I think we are crying out for a CDM to come in, in fact we've been needing one for a while.
We looked one paced for much of the game as well, they seemed to have much more, but it was midfield where we mostly overrun, they piled through the middle.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 11:57 - Jan 28 with 1552 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We have been playing with three dogs in the centre, Grimes, Fulton, Smith. Hourihane isn’t that and was remote from the other two all night. We may have a problem fitting Hourihane into our system against teams that we can’t dominate. It’s an interesting dilemma for Cooper.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 12:09 - Jan 28 with 1531 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 11:57 - Jan 28 by Joe_bradshaw

We have been playing with three dogs in the centre, Grimes, Fulton, Smith. Hourihane isn’t that and was remote from the other two all night. We may have a problem fitting Hourihane into our system against teams that we can’t dominate. It’s an interesting dilemma for Cooper.

If SCFC can get Gilmour all the others can get in line. Like Brewster he is the first neme on the team sheet. I do not get this "where can we fit him in" concept at all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 12:20 - Jan 28 with 1515 viewsChief

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 12:09 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

If SCFC can get Gilmour all the others can get in line. Like Brewster he is the first neme on the team sheet. I do not get this "where can we fit him in" concept at all.

Where would that leave Hourihane? Would villa be pleased that a week after signing him we bring in another player in a similar position to his restricting his game time? Doesn't bode well for future loans.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 12:30 - Jan 28 with 1499 viewsBadlands

I< and seems, most fans don't know anything about this player so what makes him an automatic starter if he comes here (which he won't)?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 13:58 - Jan 28 with 1409 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 12:09 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

No, we don't completely change a system that has us in an automatic promotion spot to accommodate a young player who would be here for less than half a season and who we have no chance of ever signing permanently.

Better and more experienced players than him have taken time to settle in a new environment. Time that we cannot afford if we are to maintain our promotion push.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 14:13 - Jan 28 with 1398 viewsThornburyswan

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 12:30 - Jan 28 by Badlands

I< and seems, most fans don't know anything about this player so what makes him an automatic starter if he comes here (which he won't)?

From the FA Cup match he played as the deep holding midfielder collecting the ball from the CBs & starting the moves off from their - clearly well thought of & could become a superstar but if we take him on loan as a regular starter we either need to switch back to a back 4 (seems very unlikely to me) or if he & Hourihane are both starting then only one of Grimes, Fulton, Smith or Dhanda are playing regularly.
Gilmour Looking for loan move on 14:35 - Jan 28 with 1374 viewsCatullus

Yes I agree. Hourihane is experienced and may have a clause that guarantees game time. If we brought Gilmour in they might insist on a similar clause, that could destabilise our midfield and upset the whole team.

Gilmour might be a great player we just don't know how he'd fit here. Cooper knows what he wants, if it's Gilmour I'm sure we'll find out onr way or t'other.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 14:45 - Jan 28 with 1360 viewsswancity

Gilmour is a very good prospect

Only 19 he’s only shown some glimpses so far of real ability and has only played a couple of senior games

There’s no certainty he’d get a regular spot in our team. It’s a hard old league with nothing to choose between the teams.

Undoubtedly he’d strengthen our squad

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 17:26 - Jan 28 with 1277 viewsReslovenSwan1

Since when did the view of "most fans" have any relevance to the stating line up?. Hardly anyone at all has ever heard of jordan Morris other than the one that plays for Pontardawe.

Chief's point is a 'Cooper ball' point. Laudrup did not worry about playing Britton, Hernandez De Guzman Dyer and Routledge in the same team. Not one bruiser let alone three. Gilmour is top quality because he can look after himself and the ball better than any Swansea midfilder.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 17:36]

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 17:35 - Jan 28 with 1271 viewsCatullus

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 17:26 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Since when did the view of "most fans" have any relevance to the stating line up?. Hardly anyone at all has ever heard of jordan Morris other than the one that plays for Pontardawe.

Chief's point is a 'Cooper ball' point. Laudrup did not worry about playing Britton, Hernandez De Guzman Dyer and Routledge in the same team. Not one bruiser let alone three. Gilmour is top quality because he can look after himself and the ball better than any Swansea midfilder.

Laudrup was picking a Premier league team though. The Championship is a bit more rough and tumble.

We'll see, if Cooper makes a move we'll know, one day.

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 17:45 - Jan 28 with 1250 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 17:35 - Jan 28 by Catullus

Laudrup was picking a Premier league team though. The Championship is a bit more rough and tumble.

We'll see, if Cooper makes a move we'll know, one day.

You appear to be re-writing history. No wonder Mr Jenkins is not respected any more. Mr Roberto Matinez and Brendan Rodgers did not worry one jot about the championship rough and tumble. Gower, Britton, Gomez, Dyer, Dobbie. Bodde added skill and beef.

Skill quickness and speed of thought beats rough and tumble every time except for set pieces.

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 17:52 - Jan 28 with 1242 viewsChief

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 17:26 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

But my point is completely relevant and realistic.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 18:13 - Jan 28 with 1216 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 17:52 - Jan 28 by Chief

But my point is completely relevant and realistic.

I can only counter your point with logic and examples from the recent past. It is my belief that Cooper can play two creative players in the front 5. Swansea have done this since Kenny Jackett left.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 19:08]

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 18:50 - Jan 28 with 1178 viewsvetchonian

Gilmour Looking for loan move on 17:45 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

You appear to be re-writing history. No wonder Mr Jenkins is not respected any more. Mr Roberto Matinez and Brendan Rodgers did not worry one jot about the championship rough and tumble. Gower, Britton, Gomez, Dyer, Dobbie. Bodde added skill and beef.

Skill quickness and speed of thought beats rough and tumble every time except for set pieces.

What about Pratley he was there in Brendans championship side we missed his like afyer

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024