Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Direct insults 07:14 - Jan 29 with 3576 viewsKeithHaynes

Any direct insult towards any forum member will be removed, if the mods miss one report it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Direct insults on 08:22 - Jan 29 with 2383 viewssP7qupUf

Well said. Some people need to learn that forums are designed for topical discussion and learn respect for other viewpoints than theirs. Using insults also shows a total lack of self awareness and, indeed, self respect.
Direct insults on 08:43 - Jan 29 with 2370 viewsmagicdaps10

Direct insults?
Has to be clear then!

I would keep an eye out on the insults given out in the very indirect way...... Direct or indirect, both can have the same effect Keith.

There are some very manipulative posters on here who give plenty of insults indirectly and know what they are doing.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Direct insults on 09:26 - Jan 29 with 2354 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yep, since posters from the previous site have come out of the woodwork the abuse seems to have started to ramp up.

Time to stamp it out. Well said Keith.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Direct insults on 10:16 - Jan 29 with 2331 viewsKeithHaynes

Direct insults on 08:43 - Jan 29 by magicdaps10

Direct insults?
Has to be clear then!

I would keep an eye out on the insults given out in the very indirect way...... Direct or indirect, both can have the same effect Keith.

There are some very manipulative posters on here who give plenty of insults indirectly and know what they are doing.

As one of the moderators and site owner I will of course do my best to ensure this happens, like Wednesday nights performance it’s not a perfect world but we strive to make this place a constant for many swans fans. I’m nipping this in the bud not saying it’s a problem, hence the early intervention. We are progressing nicely, page views have doubled from September, but the odd gesture recently between posters won’t be tolerated, we have come a long way. It’s important it stays good here.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Direct insults on 11:08 - Jan 29 with 2279 viewsItchySphincter

Direct insults?
Has to be clear then!

True, plenty of bullying and insults dressed up as debate on here.

For some people this board is their own personal war of attrition.

You know who you are.

Sometimes direct is more honest.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Direct insults on 11:19 - Jan 29 with 2281 viewsmagicdaps10

Direct insults on 10:16 - Jan 29 by KeithHaynes

As one of the moderators and site owner I will of course do my best to ensure this happens, like Wednesday nights performance it’s not a perfect world but we strive to make this place a constant for many swans fans. I’m nipping this in the bud not saying it’s a problem, hence the early intervention. We are progressing nicely, page views have doubled from September, but the odd gesture recently between posters won’t be tolerated, we have come a long way. It’s important it stays good here.

That's fair enough Keith and I am sure you know what I meant in my post 😉
👍

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Direct insults on 11:29 - Jan 29 with 2270 viewsbuilthjack

Get the yellow cards out, and the odd red one.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Direct insults on 11:47 - Jan 29 with 2248 viewsonehunglow

Direct insults on 09:26 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep, since posters from the previous site have come out of the woodwork the abuse seems to have started to ramp up.

Time to stamp it out. Well said Keith.

Yep.Doc and I are hardly soul mates but posters from previous incarnation clearly come over here on a mission to interupt and cause conflict. ALL of them insult to a degree.

It is easy to stick to ad hominem. Try it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Direct insults on 12:41 - Jan 29 with 2216 viewsTreforys_Jack

Self awareness and reflection would go along way.
Direct insults on 13:11 - Jan 29 with 2197 viewsCatullus

Direct insults on 12:41 - Jan 29 by Treforys_Jack

Self awareness and reflection would go along way.

I tried self awareness and reflection but it only proved how stupid I am so I gave up!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Direct insults on 13:12 - Jan 29 with 2191 viewsonehunglow

Indeed tref .

Everyone should read the Dale Wimbrow classic ,The man in the glass

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Direct insults on 16:29 - Jan 29 with 2075 viewsbuilthjack

Direct insults on 11:47 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

Yep.Doc and I are hardly soul mates but posters from previous incarnation clearly come over here on a mission to interupt and cause conflict. ALL of them insult to a degree.

Who are these people from the other side?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Direct insults on 17:03 - Jan 29 with 2028 viewsSwanjaxs

Direct insults on 11:47 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

Paranoid much

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Direct insults on 18:58 - Jan 29 with 1963 viewsjack2jack

Direct insults on 16:29 - Jan 29 by builthjack

Who are these people from the other side?

Well that's what I'd like to know.
ALL means everyone, so I take exception to that remark.
I dip in here from time to time, when I see something I would like to debate.
But to be honest I might not bother if that's what some on here think.
Direct insults on 19:23 - Jan 29 with 1943 viewsFlashberryjack

Direct insults on 18:58 - Jan 29 by jack2jack

Don't be like that mun, this would be a poorer site without you.

You never seem to have any hidden agenda, other than to respond to posts in a concise and polite manner, which is very refreshing.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Direct insults on 19:28 - Jan 29 with 1938 viewsCatullus

Direct insults?
Has to be clear then!

The problem with calling something an indirect insult is proving intent. If I call a post stupid am I calling the poster stupid? Anybody, no matter how clever they may be can unintentionally cause insult. Unless they intended to insult I don't think much can be said and you would have to prove intent, difficult.

With a direct insult it's there for all to see.

I bet most people that have used this site, or any other, has posted something that has been perceived as an indirect insult at some time., no matter the intent of the poster, Including myself obviously.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Direct insults on 19:52 - Jan 29 with 1914 viewsjack2jack

Direct insults on 19:23 - Jan 29 by Flashberryjack

Don't be like that mun, this would be a poorer site without you.

You never seem to have any hidden agenda, other than to respond to posts in a concise and polite manner, which is very refreshing.

To be honest flash I'm not that bothered about what anyone thinks, what does bother me is folk making sweeping statements about folk.
If anyone wants to call me out for being insulting or the like, at least have the decency to do so, personally, either that or STFU.
Anyhoo, hope all well with you mate.👍
Direct insults on 20:02 - Jan 29 with 1906 viewsFireboy2

Direct insults on 18:58 - Jan 29 by jack2jack

I'm the same mate, I take umbrage when i read what some people post about fhe planet swans site but almost never bite.

It takes quite alot to get me going.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 20:03]
Direct insults on 20:50 - Jan 29 with 1869 viewsFlashberryjack

Direct insults on 19:52 - Jan 29 by jack2jack

To be honest flash I'm not that bothered about what anyone thinks, what does bother me is folk making sweeping statements about folk.
If anyone wants to call me out for being insulting or the like, at least have the decency to do so, personally, either that or STFU.
Anyhoo, hope all well with you mate.👍

Missing the football down the Liberty, my Sunday afternoon pint, Sunshine holidays, visiting family/friends, going out to a restaurant with the missus, other than that I'm doing fine.

Hello

Direct insults on 21:01 - Jan 29 with 1857 viewsjack2jack

Direct insults on 20:50 - Jan 29 by Flashberryjack

Missing the football down the Liberty, my Sunday afternoon pint, Sunshine holidays, visiting family/friends, going out to a restaurant with the missus, other than that I'm doing fine.

Innit. Was thinking of taking the Aston down to Monaco this weekend, don't think I'll bother to be honest, there's nowt open anyway.😀
Direct insults on 21:37 - Jan 29 with 1829 viewsmax936

Direct insults on 20:50 - Jan 29 by Flashberryjack

I'm greatly missing a proper pint, missing the Pilot and the Ty Cwrw immensely, can't drink anymore of these bottled Ales, I've gone onto wine lately, Apothic Red and 19 Crimes, neighbour give me a bottle of Le Chai Bordeaux 2018 couple of weeks ago for my birthday, that was lovely to.

Missing a pint of Cwrw Braf in the Alma to
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 21:39]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Direct insults on 21:45 - Jan 29 with 1819 viewsFlashberryjack

Direct insults on 21:37 - Jan 29 by max936

I'm greatly missing a proper pint, missing the Pilot and the Ty Cwrw immensely, can't drink anymore of these bottled Ales, I've gone onto wine lately, Apothic Red and 19 Crimes, neighbour give me a bottle of Le Chai Bordeaux 2018 couple of weeks ago for my birthday, that was lovely to.

I feel your pain brother.

Hello

Direct insults on 22:40 - Jan 29 with 1785 viewsbuilthjack

Direct insults on 21:37 - Jan 29 by max936

A nice little brewery has opened up near me. Collection from the door, lovely stuff.

Direct insults on 22:55 - Jan 29 with 1771 viewsFireboy2

Direct insults on 22:40 - Jan 29 by builthjack

A nice little brewery has opened up near me. Collection from the door, lovely stuff.

Stop bloody showing off.
Direct insults on 23:00 - Jan 29 with 1766 viewsmax936

Direct insults on 22:40 - Jan 29 by builthjack

Think Builth is a tad further than 5 miles from here Builthy,
Its a nice thought though, ain't been back in work properly since before Christmas, was on a course then had holidays and been back on furlough since, shielding my Lad, bored silly here. different to last yr, weather was nice and had loads to get on with outside, bleeding weather lately, has put paid to further work.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024