Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the year 04:49 - Jan 30 with 2691 viewsTreforys_Jack

If the season stopped right now, who would be your player of the year. A lot of genuine candidates. Roberts , Guehi, Grimes, Fulton, Lowe and I can't believe I'm saying it but Bidwell to name but a few.
I'd have to plump for Grimes at this moment but no-one has been head and shoulders above the rest, Cooper has built a real team to be fair.
Player of the year on 07:06 - Jan 30 with 2058 viewsChubz

Between, Guehi and Lowe for me
Player of the year on 08:03 - Jan 30 with 2034 viewspencoedjack

Connor for me
Player of the year on 08:05 - Jan 30 with 2034 viewsTreforys_Jack

Player of the year on 07:06 - Jan 30 by Chubz

Between, Guehi and Lowe for me

Yeah Guehi if he stays injury free is going right to the top, and Lowe just keeps getting better. Just gone with Grimes at the moment for consistency, and now we got CH for dead ball situations, all the better.
Player of the year on 08:32 - Jan 30 with 2020 viewsChief

Can we nominate Steve Cooper?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Player of the year on 08:39 - Jan 30 with 2016 viewsNeath_Jack

Player of the year on 08:32 - Jan 30 by Chief

Can we nominate Steve Cooper?

No, he's spineless

It's a tough one for sure.

At the moment, it's between Roberts, Lowe and Guehi for me.

Coming up fast on the rails is Smith, with an outside shout for Woodman.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Player of the year on 08:53 - Jan 30 with 2007 viewsSwans9

Woodman or Conner.
Player of the year on 09:03 - Jan 30 with 1993 viewsjasper_T

Roberts by a distance. Second only to Buendia in the division for chances created, from wing back. Added crossing and set pieces to his game this season.

Lowe's hit a purple patch recently if he can maintain that over the rest of the season he's in with a shout but until mid-December he was a 2 goals in 17 games centre forward. All the defenders benefit from the system, including Woodman who is one of the quietest keepers in the league for shots faced.
Player of the year on 09:17 - Jan 30 with 1977 viewstrampie

Connor Roberts player of the year.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Player of the year on 09:37 - Jan 30 with 1966 viewsangryjack

Player of the year on 09:17 - Jan 30 by trampie

Connor Roberts player of the year.

Turbo Connor Roberts or even Ryan Bennett for me....
Player of the year on 09:43 - Jan 30 with 1966 viewsKeithHaynes

Has to be Roberts. Great thread btw.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Player of the year on 10:45 - Jan 30 with 1935 viewsthornabyswan

Player of the year on 09:43 - Jan 30 by KeithHaynes

Has to be Roberts. Great thread btw.

Cant pick between Guehi and Roberts.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Player of the year on 11:28 - Jan 30 with 1919 viewsonehunglow

Guehi.should be obvious.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Player of the year on 11:30 - Jan 30 with 1925 viewsBoundy

Connor , even when he's been slightly off he's been good , followed by Guehi.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Player of the year on 11:35 - Jan 30 with 1919 viewskrunchykarrot

Player of the year on 09:03 - Jan 30 by jasper_T

Roberts by a distance. Second only to Buendia in the division for chances created, from wing back. Added crossing and set pieces to his game this season.

Lowe's hit a purple patch recently if he can maintain that over the rest of the season he's in with a shout but until mid-December he was a 2 goals in 17 games centre forward. All the defenders benefit from the system, including Woodman who is one of the quietest keepers in the league for shots faced.

I agree Conor Roberts upto now, but i have to mention Fulton who has been excellent and Smith who have made a big difference allowing Grimes to benefit as well.
Player of the year on 12:32 - Jan 30 with 1899 viewsBoundy

Player of the year on 11:35 - Jan 30 by krunchykarrot

I agree Conor Roberts upto now, but i have to mention Fulton who has been excellent and Smith who have made a big difference allowing Grimes to benefit as well.

The problem for Fulton is, he just gets on with the job quietly but efficiently, possibly one of the most consistent in terms of performances but unlike Connor doesn't always catch the eye

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Player of the year on 13:00 - Jan 30 with 1884 viewsCatullus

Player of the year on 11:35 - Jan 30 by krunchykarrot

I was just going to say Fulton too. I will give it to Connor Roberts though, played every minute and he's like the duracell bunny, he just keeps going. He's been good in defence and a threat going forward.

It is a hard choice though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Player of the year on 13:05 - Jan 30 with 1879 viewsjasper_T

Player of the year on 12:32 - Jan 30 by Boundy

The problem for Fulton is, he just gets on with the job quietly but efficiently, possibly one of the most consistent in terms of performances but unlike Connor doesn't always catch the eye

In previous seasons people wouldn't notice him letting players run off him, and hiding from the ball, and just assume he was being "quietly efficient" because his mistakes weren't as obvious as those with greater responsibility. And then he'd make one crunching tackle and what a game he was having!

He's improved this season. Looks fitter and sharper. Tackling numbers up near the most prolific in the division now but we still look to Grimes to get us playing. The experiment with Fulton deeper and Grimes further forward didn't last, for good reason.
Player of the year on 13:40 - Jan 30 with 1856 viewskrunchykarrot

Player of the year on 13:05 - Jan 30 by jasper_T

In previous seasons people wouldn't notice him letting players run off him, and hiding from the ball, and just assume he was being "quietly efficient" because his mistakes weren't as obvious as those with greater responsibility. And then he'd make one crunching tackle and what a game he was having!

He's improved this season. Looks fitter and sharper. Tackling numbers up near the most prolific in the division now but we still look to Grimes to get us playing. The experiment with Fulton deeper and Grimes further forward didn't last, for good reason.

I think he does the grunt work Jasper allowing Grimes to take and turn.
Player of the year on 13:41 - Jan 30 with 1856 viewsTreforys_Jack

Player of the year on 13:05 - Jan 30 by jasper_T

Fulton definitely looks much fitter and leaner. My thinking was in the absence of someone head and shoulders above the rest, who would we miss the most if they were missing for a month, and just see Gimes as integral.
Player of the year on 14:25 - Jan 30 with 1832 viewsswancity

Unusually EVERY one of our first team regulars is in contention this season at the moment which shows how consistent they all have been and helps to explain why we are 2nd.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Player of the year on 14:32 - Jan 30 with 1827 viewsTreforys_Jack

Player of the year on 14:25 - Jan 30 by swancity

Unusually EVERY one of our first team regulars is in contention this season at the moment which shows how consistent they all have been and helps to explain why we are 2nd.

As you, say, you can virtually make a case for everyone to be in with a shout moving into the second half of the season. Really unusual scenario.
Player of the year on 15:41 - Jan 30 with 1806 viewsbuilthjack

Roberts

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Player of the year on 15:42 - Jan 30 with 1805 viewsThornburyswan

Hourihane having a good go to get involved too!
Player of the year on 15:51 - Jan 30 with 1802 viewsjasper_T

Player of the year on 13:40 - Jan 30 by krunchykarrot

I think he does the grunt work Jasper allowing Grimes to take and turn.

That's the thing, though, before this season Grimes was matching or outdoing Fulton in "grunt work" (tackles, blocks, interceptions etc.), as well as getting on the ball and playing. Strangely Grimes never got the credit when he had the best tackling stats in the Championship, and was seen as "lightweight", even when partnered with Byers for a long impressive stretch under Potter.
Player of the year on 16:02 - Jan 30 with 1789 viewsAndyCole

Has to be CH - if he maintains this remarkable goal a game and propels us into the PL , and continues to enhance Grimes’ game at such a rate of knots

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024