Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? 07:25 - Jan 30 with 24312 viewsGlyn1

And why, exactly?

Controversial Jack, but who else?

From CJ : "Appears that it could only be 70% effective and not 90% , and none of those in the trial given the low dosage were over 55. Given that many won't have the vaccine and it's effectiveness is just 70% it's going to be a crock of shit."
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 7:28]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:59 - Jan 31 with 1150 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:58 - Jan 31 by A_Fans_Dad

How do I feel?
I happen to agree with him that Johnson has a lot of the responsibility for many of those deaths.
I have been posting the same thing since Mar 9th 2019.
He and his team have made mistake after mistake, going all the way back to 2017 when they ignored the report that said we were totally unprepared for a pandemic.

I agree entirely:

1. Preparedness was dire. PHE/PHW had nowhere the resource or preparation the old Health Protection Agency had, and no lessons were heeded from the exercise and report you mention.
2. Despite by early March that it was apparent this was heading to a pandemic (which I was surprised by as expected it to be localised like MERS and SARS) and the clear lessons from Italy, too little was done.
3. The original make up of SAGE lacked virologists and immunologists and was biased to modellers and behavioural scientists that Cummings was enamoured with. Completely misunderstood this was more transmissible than flu, and had higher than anticipated mortality.
4. Communication was poor-mixed messages like Johnson's boast of shaking hands with coronavirus patients. Sturgeon has handled the pandemic as badly as Johnson, but was more effective in communication.
5. Testing and track-and-trace were a complete balls-up for months
6. First lockdown was 10-14 days too late. We should have gone earlier and sharper. Lockdown was lifted too early in Northern England which led to 'the pot boiling through the summer' and the early autumn second wave
7. Eat out to help out. Encouraging people back out in in a less than controlled manner
8. Not listening to SAGE over a fire break lockdown. Instead taking direct advice from the likes of Henneghan (who has no expertise) that there would not be a second wave. This built up levels in Autumn. The late lockdown was too late to prevent the emergence of new variants
9. The Christmas chaos. This is where Drakeford was shown to get it right. The earlier lockdown in Wales is working better than in much of England.

None of these are political, they are just lacking basic understanding of Public Health and infection control.

It took from March until December for the PM to get it. Some people still don't.

I will give the government credit for supporting vaccination programmes (as in fairness did Trump) and having a relatively effective roll out using the NHS and Army (not cronies for once). This has not happened in Europe or even the US.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:04 - Jan 31 with 1136 viewspencoedjack

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:50 - Jan 31 by Jack123

Well to say people who don't want to take the vaccine, should be bottom of the list is not nice,.

And it works both ways, so the one's who have taken it, if they get ill, they should also be bottom of the list.

There is too much coercion going on, why on earth would anybody say ah well, if you don't take it, take your chances in icu.

I'm totally undecided now with regards to taking it, still leaning slightly to not, but nobody should ever be bullied into something they don't want to do.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 18:00]

Nobody is bullying you in to taking it.

But if you don’t want to take & then catch it I just hope those who get infected are your loved ones not mine.

Call me selfish if you want I’d call you/anyone naive (at best) for not having it.

I hope there are some establishments that refuse entry to those who rejected taking the vaccine.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:14 - Jan 31 with 1128 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:04 - Jan 31 by pencoedjack

Nobody is bullying you in to taking it.

But if you don’t want to take & then catch it I just hope those who get infected are your loved ones not mine.

Call me selfish if you want I’d call you/anyone naive (at best) for not having it.

I hope there are some establishments that refuse entry to those who rejected taking the vaccine.

As I said earlier, it should be of no concern to you or anyone else, who takes the vaccine, from what i gather it just lowers the effects of it.

I find it strange, how within conversations such as this, the pro vaxxers always use pretty horrid words, and my guess is they don't even realise it..

"I just hope those who get infected are your loved ones not mine."

Poor.

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:19 - Jan 31 with 1112 viewsonehunglow

What is more to the point,Why would anyone be anti vaccine.
What if this were 1952 and Polio /TB were still rife.
Who would refuse it then

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:22 - Jan 31 with 1102 viewspencoedjack

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:14 - Jan 31 by Jack123

As I said earlier, it should be of no concern to you or anyone else, who takes the vaccine, from what i gather it just lowers the effects of it.

I find it strange, how within conversations such as this, the pro vaxxers always use pretty horrid words, and my guess is they don't even realise it..

"I just hope those who get infected are your loved ones not mine."

Poor.

It does concern me that some selfish person puts my loved ones at a higher risk of catching COVID because they don’t want to have a vaccine.

As I said I hope some establishments deny entry to those who refuse the vaccine.

Horrid or not ( & I will repeat it) I hope those who are selfish enough not to have a vaccine are the ones who catch it & are denied a bed over somebody who has tried everything to stay out of hospital.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:25 - Jan 31 with 1101 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:22 - Jan 31 by pencoedjack

It does concern me that some selfish person puts my loved ones at a higher risk of catching COVID because they don’t want to have a vaccine.

As I said I hope some establishments deny entry to those who refuse the vaccine.

Horrid or not ( & I will repeat it) I hope those who are selfish enough not to have a vaccine are the ones who catch it & are denied a bed over somebody who has tried everything to stay out of hospital.

Nobody in their right mind should refuse this vaccine.
Without it,society as we know it is virtually fooked.It is a killer virus that spreads like crazy.The symptoms are horrendous.Ask someone who's had it.I have.Nobody should willingly risk themselves or others to this at all in any circumstance.It is virtually a plague.

Dramatic it may read but I stand by that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:34 - Jan 31 with 1091 viewsJack123

Why would someone not taking the vaccine put your loved ones at risk?

All I have said is from what I gather the vaccine, just makes the taker less susceptible to getting seriously ill from it.

So why on earth is there even talk of having proof of taking it, to go to large events..?

From the evidence I have seen, nobody is putting your loved ones at risk if they don't fancy taking the jab, obviously that is thinking they have taken the jab themselves.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 18:34]

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:35 - Jan 31 with 1085 viewshobo

As long as I get my tax refunded that would have gone to the nhs, then I could get private medical care and everyone’s happy 😀
Login to get fewer ads

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:43 - Jan 31 with 1069 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:34 - Jan 31 by Jack123

Why would someone not taking the vaccine put your loved ones at risk?

All I have said is from what I gather the vaccine, just makes the taker less susceptible to getting seriously ill from it.

So why on earth is there even talk of having proof of taking it, to go to large events..?

From the evidence I have seen, nobody is putting your loved ones at risk if they don't fancy taking the jab, obviously that is thinking they have taken the jab themselves.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 18:34]

It almost certainly does reduce the transmisibility of the virus. We don't know by how much yet.

It's inevitable that a vaccine passport / recent test will be used for foreign travel. I was told as much when I was given my vaccine card.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:47 - Jan 31 with 1065 viewsScotia

Anyway 600,000 people, smart enough to accept the offer, received a vaccine yesterday.

At that rate and supplies permitting, we could vaccinate the entire adult population of the UK in under three months.

That is absolutely remarkable.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:51 - Jan 31 with 1063 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:43 - Jan 31 by Scotia

It almost certainly does reduce the transmisibility of the virus. We don't know by how much yet.

It's inevitable that a vaccine passport / recent test will be used for foreign travel. I was told as much when I was given my vaccine card.

Go on then explain how a vaccine to reduce the severe medical implications of the virus, also reduces the transmission ability.

It's all just guesswork, even the link cat posted earlier which supposedly was meant to refute
that, was all about a proposed study.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 19:06]

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:27 - Jan 31 with 1030 viewsFlashberryjack

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:51 - Jan 31 by Jack123

Go on then explain how a vaccine to reduce the severe medical implications of the virus, also reduces the transmission ability.

It's all just guesswork, even the link cat posted earlier which supposedly was meant to refute

It's up to each individual if they chose to refuse the vaccine, but I can't help thinking it's a real kick in the teeth to all those marvellous people that have worked their fingers to the bone to produce this vaccine in record time.

I really do hope that airlines, and maybe some restaurants debar anyone that hasn't got a valid vaccination or an exemption card, after such a date when everyone has been offered a vaccination.

If they did, I know which Airlines & Restaurants I'd be using.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:30 - Jan 31 with 1021 viewspencoedjack

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:43 - Jan 31 by Scotia

Excellent news be nice to know I’m not sat next to a selfish idiot on a plane.

Although it would be difficult to police I would do the same at gyms, hairdressers, pubs & restaurants as well.

Let those who don’t want it stay & home & risk the health of their loved ones.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:43 - Jan 31 with 1015 viewsCatullus

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 17:00 - Jan 31 by A_Fans_Dad

Does it stop you getting it?
Does it stop you spreading it?
Does it stop the very old (80+) from dying of COVID?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 17:02]

The first 2 are still being worked on, the last one, yes. The vaccine (at the very least) vastly reduces your chances of being seriously ill, whatever your age.

I put links up, young people, fit and healthy people have died from covid. It doesn't matter what your diet is like or if you are healthy, you have no guarantees. You could have an undiagnosed condition, it's possible.

Having the vaccine protects you so it helps the NHS, it relieves pressure.

If anyone would rather take the chance then I think it's quite daft. It's their choice, it's their life.
Anti vaxxers putting out so many lies hasn't helped.

When my turn comes I shall be taking it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:50 - Jan 31 with 1004 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:27 - Jan 31 by Flashberryjack

It's up to each individual if they chose to refuse the vaccine, but I can't help thinking it's a real kick in the teeth to all those marvellous people that have worked their fingers to the bone to produce this vaccine in record time.

I really do hope that airlines, and maybe some restaurants debar anyone that hasn't got a valid vaccination or an exemption card, after such a date when everyone has been offered a vaccination.

If they did, I know which Airlines & Restaurants I'd be using.

But why would it be a kick in the teeth? The way it currently stands the vaccine only stops people getting seriously ill from it.

Not having at go at you flash, but I don't understand why many people repeat the same thing.

It's very simple, why would anyone not taking up the offer of a vaccine have an adverse effect on anyone?

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:12 - Jan 31 with 976 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:43 - Jan 31 by Catullus

The first 2 are still being worked on, the last one, yes. The vaccine (at the very least) vastly reduces your chances of being seriously ill, whatever your age.

I put links up, young people, fit and healthy people have died from covid. It doesn't matter what your diet is like or if you are healthy, you have no guarantees. You could have an undiagnosed condition, it's possible.

Having the vaccine protects you so it helps the NHS, it relieves pressure.

If anyone would rather take the chance then I think it's quite daft. It's their choice, it's their life.
Anti vaxxers putting out so many lies hasn't helped.

When my turn comes I shall be taking it.

So you are not aware that it can be too much for the over 80s, adverse reactions, anaphylactic shock etc leading to them dying.
It is a finely balanced decision for them which you appear to be blind to.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:14 - Jan 31 with 973 viewsexhmrc1

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 19:50 - Jan 31 by Jack123

But why would it be a kick in the teeth? The way it currently stands the vaccine only stops people getting seriously ill from it.

Not having at go at you flash, but I don't understand why many people repeat the same thing.

It's very simple, why would anyone not taking up the offer of a vaccine have an adverse effect on anyone?

You have a choice whether to vaccinate or not. Others have the same choice whether to go into bars or on holidays with someone who hasnt. You make your choice. Others are making theirs. If people make a choice not to use a business where they let people in who havent been vaccinated the business has a choice. They can lose business or keep the people who arent vaccinated out. If you are making your choice you cannot complain if others make theirs.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:14 - Jan 31 with 973 viewsScotia

It stops people getting the virus and passing it on.

The worst case scenario is if you get vaccinated but still get the virus you are almost certain not to get severely ill.

So in the worst case scenario, you aren't being a burden on the NHS, you aren't taking up a bed someone else could use, you aren't being treated by a nurse head to foot in uncomfortable PPE and your family won't have to speak to you through facetime.

In the best case scenario you won't potentially kill other people.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:26 - Jan 31 with 968 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 18:51 - Jan 31 by Jack123

It's not a vaccine to reduce the implications of the virus. It's to stop you getting symptoms to start off with. Reducing illness is another benefit that is caused by the vaccine already triggering an immune response that is triggered again if you get infected.

Jonathan Van Tam said in his most recent press conference "its not if it reduces transmission, it is a question of how much"

I assume the transmisibility is affected by viral load, for instance if you have covid and cough everywhere because you haven't had the vaccine you'll spread it everywhere.

If you have the vaccine and still get infected but the vaccine reduces your viral load and symptoms (so you aren't coughing) you aren't going to spread it anywhere near as much.

I'm not an expert but have read lots about this topic, it seems to be common sense to me but happy to be corrected.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:29 - Jan 31 with 964 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 16:58 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

They don't seem to be having fewer cases or deaths though

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-middle-east-55879745

Events like this don't help.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:33 - Jan 31 with 958 viewsFlashberryjack

And I'm not having a go at you mate, but if you can't understand the need of a vaccine in a pandemic, and the necessity to have the vast majority of the population immunised.

Or, you fail to understand why, the people that worked so hard to produce it (not to mention Doctors/Nurses overwhelmed by covid victims in intensive car units) would feel a little disappointed on hearing that some of the population are refusing to take it, then I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge or inclination to enlighten you further.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:38 - Jan 31 with 955 viewsCatullus

Maybe (and the prof would have to help me out here) if it's reducing the symptoms it's reducing the viral load which means, if you pass it on you are passing less viral load on and lessening the chance of making others seriously ill.

That's besides the not ending up seriously ill yourself and possibly ending up in ITU so relieving pressure on the NHS.

Help yourself, help others. If you're not up for helping others just go with helping yourelf.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:56 - Jan 31 with 940 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:38 - Jan 31 by Catullus

Maybe (and the prof would have to help me out here) if it's reducing the symptoms it's reducing the viral load which means, if you pass it on you are passing less viral load on and lessening the chance of making others seriously ill.

That's besides the not ending up seriously ill yourself and possibly ending up in ITU so relieving pressure on the NHS.

Help yourself, help others. If you're not up for helping others just go with helping yourelf.

From what you have said, it's all guesswork my friend.

Back it up with proven trials?

I could put many proven scientists links on here too disparage some of the comments, but I choose not to do so.

I will not try to sway peoples opinions but to say, if you don't get vaxx, you cannot do this, you cannot do that, is just bloody horseshit
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 20:59]

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:58 - Jan 31 with 937 viewsWingstandwood

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:33 - Jan 31 by Flashberryjack

And I'm not having a go at you mate, but if you can't understand the need of a vaccine in a pandemic, and the necessity to have the vast majority of the population immunised.

Or, you fail to understand why, the people that worked so hard to produce it (not to mention Doctors/Nurses overwhelmed by covid victims in intensive car units) would feel a little disappointed on hearing that some of the population are refusing to take it, then I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge or inclination to enlighten you further.

Lessening the impact on all NHS services is vital! There was an eye doctor from Moorfields Eye Hospital on the TV this week, that doctor had been transferred over to Covid-19 ICU. That occurrence has happened all over the country. What's shifted elsewhere causes a shortage elsewhere meaning cancellations and longer waiting times.

Some vaccination-deniers would not only be ruinous towards their own personal medical outcomes and wellbeing but also end up doing exactly the same to others also.

Argus!

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:00 - Jan 31 with 934 viewsFireboy2

I honestly cannot believe that after all the sh!t we have been through that anyone who is offered the vaccine would turn it down.

Now I don't know the make up, the side affects and how much percentage wise it helps you not contracting covid but I know quite alot of people who have had it both in the emergency services and members of the public and not one of them have had any side effects.

As has been mentioned several times before and i agree that restaurants, pubs airline etc should not accept people that do not have the vaccine passport.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024