Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper and the Owners 13:47 - Feb 3 with 4842 views34dfgdf54

Touched on it in the Arriolla thread, but this fella couldn't make it more obvious he isn't a big fan of the owners. He didn't want Arriola, I have zero doubts.

Pleased with deadline day?
"I’m pleased we didn’t lose anybody. Like anything, you bring players in with the idea that it can help you. The proof will be in the pudding. I’m very happy with the squad of players anyway, but it's always good to get some fresh faces in, and hopefully it can help us going forward."

Arriola? Very energetic?
"It’s a non-negotiable. We’ve got a reputation for our style of play, we want to play with a lot of energy, heart and soul. Any new players will quickly see we’re very demanding."

How well supported have you been by owners?
I don’t think about that too much, all I think about is the players I work with every day. You’ve got to think about what you have got. I’m looking at the squad now, and whatever squad we had, I’d say ‘how do we prepare and win the next game?’.
Cooper and the Owners on 13:48 - Feb 3 with 2727 viewsonehunglow

He will most certainly be off if an attractive deal comes along.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper and the Owners on 14:01 - Feb 3 with 2694 viewsandypitt56

I think you are reading to much into, he has always come off like. He has never really spoken about his thoughts on the owners. With regards to Paul Arriola he sounded more annoyed that he doesnt know when he will be able to train.
Cooper and the Owners on 14:04 - Feb 3 with 2684 views34dfgdf54

Cooper and the Owners on 14:01 - Feb 3 by andypitt56

I think you are reading to much into, he has always come off like. He has never really spoken about his thoughts on the owners. With regards to Paul Arriola he sounded more annoyed that he doesnt know when he will be able to train.

Possibly Andy, have you actually seen the press conference or just read like me?

His answers regarding Arriola compared to Freeman and Whittaker were obvious, but that's just the text, I'd like to see his demeanor in answering.
Cooper and the Owners on 14:08 - Feb 3 with 2669 viewsraynor94

Cooper and the Owners on 13:48 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

Don't worry mun, nobody will want him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cooper and the Owners on 14:19 - Feb 3 with 2638 viewsBoundy

o goody , fresh meat to pick the bones off.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cooper and the Owners on 14:40 - Feb 3 with 2576 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea have always worked in this way. Laudrup did not pick Bony or Amat or Shelvey. Bought for £19m sold for £42m.

Potter had full say with club insiders not invloved and we ended up wit McKay, Celina and Asoro. He sulked when they declined to spend £6m for £2m rated Ryan Woods,

Cooper does not hand out praise to anyone outside his circle if you notice. Andre Ayew, Connor Roberts excluded of course.

Before the Leeds Utd away game. "You must have great respect for Bielsa Steve?" Reply " I do not get involved in that. We have come to win. Thats all I care about".

" We saw some weaknesses in Leeds we thought we could exploit" said Steve after a battering but a beautiful Routledge last minuite smash and grab.

" Can we have Sam Greenwood on loan please ?" Answer "Snr Bielsa says no".

I think he can develop this side of his skill set.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 15:01]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper and the Owners on 15:28 - Feb 3 with 2513 viewsandypitt56

Cooper and the Owners on 14:04 - Feb 3 by 34dfgdf54

Possibly Andy, have you actually seen the press conference or just read like me?

His answers regarding Arriola compared to Freeman and Whittaker were obvious, but that's just the text, I'd like to see his demeanor in answering.

I haven't watched it all, i was dipping in and out of it whilst working. Cant for sure say but I dont remember him changing tone or anything when he mentioned the signings. Other than when he said about Morgan being a player for the future.
Cooper and the Owners on 15:30 - Feb 3 with 2501 viewsswancity

Cooper and the Owners on 14:40 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea have always worked in this way. Laudrup did not pick Bony or Amat or Shelvey. Bought for £19m sold for £42m.

Potter had full say with club insiders not invloved and we ended up wit McKay, Celina and Asoro. He sulked when they declined to spend £6m for £2m rated Ryan Woods,

Cooper does not hand out praise to anyone outside his circle if you notice. Andre Ayew, Connor Roberts excluded of course.

Before the Leeds Utd away game. "You must have great respect for Bielsa Steve?" Reply " I do not get involved in that. We have come to win. Thats all I care about".

" We saw some weaknesses in Leeds we thought we could exploit" said Steve after a battering but a beautiful Routledge last minuite smash and grab.

😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper and the Owners on 15:31 - Feb 3 with 2503 views34dfgdf54

Cooper and the Owners on 15:28 - Feb 3 by andypitt56

I haven't watched it all, i was dipping in and out of it whilst working. Cant for sure say but I dont remember him changing tone or anything when he mentioned the signings. Other than when he said about Morgan being a player for the future.

I've just watched it, and it's done nothing to change my mind.

-First question about Arriola, journalist said about his engine - "thats non negotiable", not one good word said regarding him signing

-When can you expect Arriola to arrive - "Not Sure"

-Did owners back you - "Rather not talk about that"

then on other hand:

asked on freeman - "glad he's here, good cover on right hand side, wish we got him earlier in window"

Whittaker - "can't wait to get going with him, big player for us in future"
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 15:32]
Cooper and the Owners on 16:38 - Feb 3 with 2402 viewsonehunglow

Cooper and the Owners on 14:08 - Feb 3 by raynor94

Don't worry mun, nobody will want him

The last couple of days have been pleasant enough so save us from another frontal attack Ray.
As they say,it really is tedious now.

Let me put you out of your miery so you can report back accordingly.

Right now I don't want Cooper to go and believe ,a I starte,he could be off before you/we want. Then ,we will have another manager to bitch over.

Cooper and the Owners on 18:40 - Feb 3 with 2293 viewsNeath_Jack

Who cares?

If he doesn't think they're good enough to play, then he doesn't play them. If they try forcing his hand, then he walks away and gets another club no bother at all.

Nothing new.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cooper and the Owners on 19:38 - Feb 3 with 2171 viewsReslovenSwan1

The US ownership clearly think the squad is good enough to be promoted and given two full USA internationals at a seroius discount. Both are known to be good pros and hard workers.
Everyone knows how hard it is to find players in this market let alone players of this quality.

Huddesfield have not signed anyone and Cardiff have gone for an untried league 1 striker based on 6 months good form and an injury prone Jonny Willaims.

Cooper is expected to deliver promotion and has to deliver with the tools provided. Hamer Hourahaine, Morris, Arriola, Guehi, Bennett, Lowe Latibaeudiere, Smith in Rodon out is seriously good trading. Ayew's crippling wages accomodated.

Have you been backed? No comment. Another ungrateful local and there are a few of them about.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper and the Owners on 19:45 - Feb 3 with 2179 viewsswancity

Cooper and the Owners on 18:40 - Feb 3 by Neath_Jack

Who cares?

If he doesn't think they're good enough to play, then he doesn't play them. If they try forcing his hand, then he walks away and gets another club no bother at all.

Nothing new.

Very true

But the owners or chairman cannot try to pick the team or even parts or it

Telling the coach / manager to include certain players is always going to end in tears

Please tell us it’s not happening 😩

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Cooper and the Owners on 19:52 - Feb 3 with 2159 viewsonehunglow

Cooper and the Owners on 19:45 - Feb 3 by swancity

Very true

Telling the coach / manager to include certain players is always going to end in tears

I actually agree with that 100%.

WE need our manager to manage without being dictated to. Cooper knows more than the feckwit owners -for sure.

Cooper and the Owners on 19:53 - Feb 3 with 2161 viewsNeath_Jack

Cooper and the Owners on 19:45 - Feb 3 by swancity

Very true

That's when he walks away and we start again.

More often than not it ends in tears anyway, for one reason or another.

Why people are giving it a second thought I'll never know. How many times did people say Jenkins was picking the team, or Jenkins was buying players behind the managers back? People will always try and look for problems.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cooper and the Owners on 20:09 - Feb 3 with 2127 viewsraynor94

Cooper and the Owners on 19:53 - Feb 3 by Neath_Jack

That's when he walks away and we start again.

More often than not it ends in tears anyway, for one reason or another.

Why people are giving it a second thought I'll never know. How many times did people say Jenkins was picking the team, or Jenkins was buying players behind the managers back? People will always try and look for problems.

Agree, why are people looking for problems when things are going so well.

Let's enjoy the ride

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cooper and the Owners on 23:16 - Feb 3 with 2015 viewsthornabyswan

If he is so be it he can have no complaints over the backing he has received

We have one of the best squads in the Championship and that includes the 3 that came down.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper and the Owners on 09:22 - Feb 4 with 1841 viewsblackpooljack

Cooper and the Owners on 15:31 - Feb 3 by 34dfgdf54

I've just watched it, and it's done nothing to change my mind.

-First question about Arriola, journalist said about his engine - "thats non negotiable", not one good word said regarding him signing

-When can you expect Arriola to arrive - "Not Sure"

-Did owners back you - "Rather not talk about that"

then on other hand:

asked on freeman - "glad he's here, good cover on right hand side, wish we got him earlier in window"

Whittaker - "can't wait to get going with him, big player for us in future"
[Post edited 3 Feb 2021 15:32]

Got to agree with that
Cooper and the Owners on 09:42 - Feb 4 with 1818 viewsjohnlangy

Cooper and the Owners on 20:09 - Feb 3 by raynor94

Agree, why are people looking for problems when things are going so well.

Let's enjoy the ride

Exactly.

I woke up a couple of days ago thinking about the season and thought, imagine if we don't get an automatic, imagine if it's JUST a play off spot. Then compare with last season when we were elated to grab a play off spot at the last gasp.

It's going fantastically well. As raynor says, enjoy the ride. Stop LOOKING for something to complain about.
Cooper and the Owners on 10:08 - Feb 4 with 1793 viewsonehunglow

Cooper and the Owners on 09:42 - Feb 4 by johnlangy

Exactly.

I woke up a couple of days ago thinking about the season and thought, imagine if we don't get an automatic, imagine if it's JUST a play off spot. Then compare with last season when we were elated to grab a play off spot at the last gasp.

It's going fantastically well. As raynor says, enjoy the ride. Stop LOOKING for something to complain about.

Wonderful positive stiff from raynor.

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Cooper and the Owners on 10:19 - Feb 4 with 1778 viewsCatullus

We all hope certain players and managers stay long term but how many do?

Cooper will leave and so will all the players and at some time the owners will too.

Us fans are the ownly constant and even we leave eventually

Enjoy the good times, moan about the bad times, accept we have different opinions.

The Op could be right, Cooper might hate the owners which would make the job he's doing even more remarkable. He has been backed though, the squad has been strengthened and he got his way over departures, he didn't lose anyone. He's always a bit downbeat at interviews, he doesn't want to give much away which seems to be the theme at the club, don't let our secrets out, don't blab or boast, just get on with the job quietly and if we sneak in under the radar all the better.

Didn't we see that on this very site with Keith not blabbing secrets that he clearly knew about, keeping quiet being in the best interests of our club.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cooper and the Owners on 10:19 - Feb 4 with 1780 viewsvetchonian

Cooper and the Owners on 14:40 - Feb 3 by ReslovenSwan1

You dont think Leeds response to the Greenwood deal was due to how HJ handled the Dan James loan deal to them?

OR you are HJ
or he is still manipulating you like a vents dummy......maybe we should rename you Lord Charles, Orville,
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 10:23]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cooper and the Owners on 10:26 - Feb 4 with 1770 viewsjasper_T

Cooper and the Owners on 10:19 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

You dont think Leeds response to the Greenwood deal was due to how HJ handled the Dan James loan deal to them?

OR you are HJ
or he is still manipulating you like a vents dummy......maybe we should rename you Lord Charles, Orville,
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 10:23]

I think they said ages ago he wasn't going out on loan to anyone this season and they stuck to that. The rest is just journalists making up headlines.
Cooper and the Owners on 10:27 - Feb 4 with 1764 viewsonehunglow

Cooper and the Owners on 10:19 - Feb 4 by Catullus

We all hope certain players and managers stay long term but how many do?

Cooper will leave and so will all the players and at some time the owners will too.

Us fans are the ownly constant and even we leave eventually

Enjoy the good times, moan about the bad times, accept we have different opinions.

The Op could be right, Cooper might hate the owners which would make the job he's doing even more remarkable. He has been backed though, the squad has been strengthened and he got his way over departures, he didn't lose anyone. He's always a bit downbeat at interviews, he doesn't want to give much away which seems to be the theme at the club, don't let our secrets out, don't blab or boast, just get on with the job quietly and if we sneak in under the radar all the better.

Didn't we see that on this very site with Keith not blabbing secrets that he clearly knew about, keeping quiet being in the best interests of our club.

Sadly,the only way we can truly progress is by way of new Owners and to whom we are sold the club depends.

This lot have not the requirements to seriously move us on.

The club was badly run and badly sold. Remarkable we're still here really.

Jenkin and Dineen showed a level of incompetence that was only matched by the duplicity.

It is,in football terms,tragic. Massive profit has been made only to evaporate over many years and yet are still fed like mushrooms to keep us believing we should be grateful to these people for getting us to the Prem in the first place.

Cooper and the Owners on 10:35 - Feb 4 with 1752 viewsDr_Winston

So what do you see prospective new owners doing to "move us on" then Perchy?

Let's be honest here, all you're interested in is someone coming in and spending cash like a drunken sailor on shore leave. You wouldn't care a second about where the money was coming from or how it would be repaid, or what sort of state we'd be in if the taps were turned off, and you wouldn't understand it if someone patiently explained it to you. You'd just start throwing around the exact same kind of insinuations you do now.

Back before the Prem days, when we were still in League One under Jackett and Martinez you were whining about how we'd need new owners to progress, and here you are singing the same old song. It's an endless cycle.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024