Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst holiday ever, and why ? 13:34 - Feb 5 with 651 viewsNotLoyal

Mine has to be Prestatyn, Pontins with the family years ago, what a nightmare, cold accommodation, mould on the walls, people walking in your chalet whilst you were in, or breaking in when you are out. People shagging on the green spaces in lit areas, drunks everywhere, shouting, fighting, the latest fight I saw started at 5am, police turned up , two of them who were then physically attacked by about twenty people, more coppers. The usual shouting and screaming when they get a bit back, drugs ! Jeez the drugs were brilliant, indiscriminate smashing of windows showering kids inside with glass. Very unclean bars and rest areas. I could go on, most of the guests were from Wrexham area and Merseyside, although West Midlands was represented too, what a hell hole, this was about 1999 ish, is it still there, has it improved ?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 13:36]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 14:18 - Feb 5 with 583 viewsHighjack

Malia Crete. Went on a lads holiday and it was a disaster from start to finish. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than that place. On the first day our rooms were broken into and everything nicked. The girl on the reception desk who could speak perfect English the day before suddenly lost all knowledge of the language when faced with a complaint. I suspect the hotel was in on it. We discovered later on that every door in the hotel could be easily opened just with a bit of plastic in the door, like a credit card. The police also couldn’t give a flying toss. Everywhere you went there was someone trying to mug us or flog us drugs. I wish I knew the Greek for “we’ve already been robbed mate.”

If it wasn’t for the company of some young ladies from Bolton it would have been a complete wipeout.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 14:39 - Feb 5 with 575 viewsCatullus

I must have been lucky, our worst holiday ever was in the USA, went with my sister and bro in law. Bro in law behaved like a right selfish A hole resulting in us going our own way for half the holiday. That was it.

Nothing like the nightmares dewcribed above.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 14:39 - Feb 5 with 571 viewsonehunglow

C'an Pastilla,Majorca. 1979.
Mrs OHL and I had just met and were all loved up and ended up in a shytehole apartment block in this dump-or as it was then.

First night, the garden sprinklers proved great amusement to the best Glasweigan pys head s imaginable. They basically drank a bottle mashed it then got into the spinkler or a hower.I gave it about an hour and went down. Got what I expected and got grabbed from behind .Wasn't as tolerant in those days so just reverted to self defence training and basically grabbed a handful of scrotum and virtually emasculated him .
Mate comes along and I take him out then their other chums come along with their ladies and I decide to get the feck out.

Complained to reception-which was hilarious then Guardia Civil come by which time Ive nobbed off and they mop up the till celebrating Jockos.

We got moved the next day to Magaluf. That was worse. Working class can kick my @rse

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 15:22 - Feb 5 with 564 viewsNotLoyal

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 14:39 - Feb 5 by Catullus

I must have been lucky, our worst holiday ever was in the USA, went with my sister and bro in law. Bro in law behaved like a right selfish A hole resulting in us going our own way for half the holiday. That was it.

Nothing like the nightmares dewcribed above.

Same for us in France Euros 2016, one person in our group who some had known for years just became a complete knob. Turning his nose up at the rest of us enjoying the sun and the beer, lads together, no bother etc. All he did was correct people on everything French, typical lefty attitude, correcting people as well on use of language, saying ‘their’ instead of he or she, an absolute pillock. He ended up dragging one of the lads there on a long train trip to Paris for dinner. When they both came back full of bullshit I was certain Keith was going to smack one of them, I know the look. I’m pretty certain nobody or at least a few have never spoken to this clown since.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 15:32 - Feb 5 with 554 viewsonehunglow

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 15:22 - Feb 5 by NotLoyal

Same for us in France Euros 2016, one person in our group who some had known for years just became a complete knob. Turning his nose up at the rest of us enjoying the sun and the beer, lads together, no bother etc. All he did was correct people on everything French, typical lefty attitude, correcting people as well on use of language, saying ‘their’ instead of he or she, an absolute pillock. He ended up dragging one of the lads there on a long train trip to Paris for dinner. When they both came back full of bullshit I was certain Keith was going to smack one of them, I know the look. I’m pretty certain nobody or at least a few have never spoken to this clown since.

Think Keith and I would have been a duo from Damnation and just as well we never met.

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 18:19 - Feb 5 with 503 viewscontroversial_jack

Florida for me, Did the Parks etc. Had to drive everywhere and the distances are great. got lost driving from the airport to International drive and took ages to find the hotel. Queues everywhere, boiling hot. American food is crap unless you pay top dollar. Nothing to do at night. Scenery non existent and a long flight. Never again
Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 18:20 - Feb 5 with 503 viewsmajorraglan

Stayed on a large villa in Spain a few years ago with my wife's family. Our youngest became ill very early in to the holiday, we took him to see the doctor a few times and ended up taking him to a hospital in the nearby city. We couldn’t speak any Spanish and most of the doctors were unable to speak English which meant we were reliant on google translate. On arriving at the hospital, we were seen and they started doing tests. We didn’t know it at the time, but my son had contracted ecoli and was very very ill. We were then told by a doctor we were being moved to another hospital because our villa was in another area, but it was clear that the doctor and a more senior person didn’t see eye to eye on us being transferred.

An ambulance was called and after some dialogue with his control about taking a patient and 2 passengers off we went - we had no idea where we were going. We ended up at a hospital about 25 miles from the villa in a small inland Spanish town where there was even less English. What was clear was that our son was really ill, so much so that we feared losing him. We were lucky that the doctor in charge of his case at the new hospital was excellent. My son spent 12 days in hospital, underwent plasmapheresis /plasma transfusions and all sorts. Wifey and I slept at his bedside for 5 nights and then took turns, one in hospital the other in a small hotel. Our family looked after the other son until they all returned home leaving the 3 of us on our own. It was a very difficult time.

After 12 days, my son was well enough to be discharged and we could travel home. The Spanish medical staff spoke hardly any English but they were very kind and caring. Had this been last year with Covid and hospitals packed to the roof, I shudder to think what could have happened.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 21:17]
Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 10:56 - Feb 6 with 361 viewsonehunglow

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 18:19 - Feb 5 by controversial_jack

Florida for me, Did the Parks etc. Had to drive everywhere and the distances are great. got lost driving from the airport to International drive and took ages to find the hotel. Queues everywhere, boiling hot. American food is crap unless you pay top dollar. Nothing to do at night. Scenery non existent and a long flight. Never again

We were like that first visit.

Florida is nothing special and food is a you describe plus the annoying tip issue.Badly paid?don't do the job.

The gulf around Naples is nice though

Login to get fewer ads

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 11:29 - Feb 6 with 347 viewscontroversial_jack

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 10:56 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

We were like that first visit.

Florida is nothing special and food is a you describe plus the annoying tip issue.Badly paid?don't do the job.

The gulf around Naples is nice though

That's on my bucket list, but I want to try Scandinavia - maybe the arctic circle when all this is over
Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 11:42 - Feb 6 with 345 viewsDr_Winston

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 11:29 - Feb 6 by controversial_jack

That's on my bucket list, but I want to try Scandinavia - maybe the arctic circle when all this is over

An Arctic cruise has been on my to-do list for years. Top end of Norway is apparently stunning, with the added bonus of potential Aurora spotting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 11:45 - Feb 6 with 343 viewscontroversial_jack

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 11:42 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

An Arctic cruise has been on my to-do list for years. Top end of Norway is apparently stunning, with the added bonus of potential Aurora spotting.

There's an overnight sleeper train that runs from Stockholm to Narvik in Norway and takes 18 hours, that looks interesting
Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 13:04 - Feb 6 with 327 viewsonehunglow

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 11:29 - Feb 6 by controversial_jack

Naples is classy and expensive. Bradenton is nice enough as is St Pets Beach and Tarpon Springs .

Get off the Beaton track

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 13:10 - Feb 6 with 325 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Worst holiday ever, and why ? on 11:42 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

Fly to Oslo, take the train to Bergen, then the Hurtigruten up the coast and back in the second half of March....... marvellous.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024