Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A team of grafters 22:54 - Feb 5 with 4071 viewsthornabyswan

This has to be the hardest working Swans team I
can remember.

Yes we have some talented players but the work rate is 2nd to none.

And that's down to Cooper and the coaching staff.

The Jacks are going up.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

A team of grafters on 23:53 - Feb 5 with 3364 viewsKeithHaynes

As Cooper has said they have developed a wonderful spirit off the pitch too, it all counts, it all matters.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A team of grafters on 00:10 - Feb 6 with 3345 viewsthornabyswan

Not a lazy player in this team if they dont work hard Cooper does not pick them.

The effort they put in every game is something else it may not be the most talented side in our history.

But the commitment 100% every game cant ask anymore than that.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 0:16]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

A team of grafters on 09:50 - Feb 6 with 3168 viewsswancity

That’s a very good point and it’s something we now take for granted

Definitely 11 players on that pitch who are all aware of the defensive duties when we don’t have the ball. And they stick to the task for the whole game and are tactically aware.

But on the other hand there’s no shortage of ability in the team. A nice mix.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

A team of grafters on 09:53 - Feb 6 with 3170 views34dfgdf54

Hourihane’s comments after the game:

“The mentality of keeping the ball out of the net is something like I haven’t seen before”
A team of grafters on 10:05 - Feb 6 with 3148 viewsWhiterockin

A team of grafters on 09:53 - Feb 6 by 34dfgdf54

“The mentality of keeping the ball out of the net is something like I haven’t seen before”

We have a team to be proud of and that includes the backroom staff, whatever happens this season.
A team of grafters on 10:30 - Feb 6 with 3101 viewsonehunglow

Truly a shame no crowds are there to witness this.

Hooligan and Lowe would be loved to death

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A team of grafters on 13:14 - Feb 6 with 3041 viewsCatullus

In previous years I have been called out and abused by some for suggesting we had players who could work more for the team. I used to say it of Jason Scotland.

Now we have a team where everybody, absolutely every player takes their part, we attack together, we defend together and as a result the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

That's Coopers success, that's why recruitment is so important because Coops doesn't want any player who won't accept that ethos, we don't carry passengers at any stage of the game, we are a 100%, genuine TEAM.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A team of grafters on 13:28 - Feb 6 with 3019 viewsBadlands

TBF Rodgers' teams didn't stop moving the difference IMO is Rodgers' sides grafted to impose themselves.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

A team of grafters on 13:39 - Feb 6 with 3009 viewsCatullus

A team of grafters on 13:28 - Feb 6 by Badlands

TBF Rodgers' teams didn't stop moving the difference IMO is Rodgers' sides grafted to impose themselves.

Rodgers teams grafted to keep possession and sometimes had a lot of ball and did little with it. At one point a Sky pundit accused us of passing for the sake of passing but with no intent. They put up stats that showed our possession and passing was mostly in our own half along the back line.

This team is different to that

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

A team of grafters on 14:09 - Feb 6 with 2972 viewsswan_si

A team of grafters on 23:53 - Feb 5 by KeithHaynes

As Cooper has said they have developed a wonderful spirit off the pitch too, it all counts, it all matters.

Sorry, accidentally hit the down arrow while swiping the screen.
A team of grafters on 14:24 - Feb 6 with 2942 viewsReslovenSwan1

A team of grafters on 14:09 - Feb 6 by swan_si

Sorry, accidentally hit the down arrow while swiping the screen.

The Potter team that on paper looked stronger was blitzed 1-4 by Farke's Norwich team 2 seasons ago. 4 players from both played last night Buendia out.

Mulder
Naughton, Rodon, Vd Horn, Grimes
Fer Fulton
James, Celina Roberts
McBurnie

To be fair Potter had a very good record at home soon after that so he corrected the defects. His away form was however poor highlighting that this team was not so resilient.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A team of grafters on 14:50 - Feb 6 with 2912 viewsReslovenSwan1

A team of grafters on 14:24 - Feb 6 by ReslovenSwan1

The Potter team that on paper looked stronger was blitzed 1-4 by Farke's Norwich team 2 seasons ago. 4 players from both played last night Buendia out.

Mulder
Fer Fulton
James, Celina Roberts
McBurnie

To be fair Potter had a very good record at home soon after that so he corrected the defects. His away form was however poor highlighting that this team was not so resilient.

Lowe had a good chance to score with his left foot but choose to use his right while free at an angle to the the left side of the goal. From what I could see he simply could not have scored using his right from his standing positition and angle to the goal. He because his position was wrong ended up doing a back pass.

He had two options. Shoot across goal with his weaker left or stop turn an reposition for the right foot..

He is obviusly learning the postiion but in this case wasted a good chance. If he is to be a Premeir league player this must be rectified I would think.

A team of grafters on 15:54 - Feb 6 with 2893 viewsBravoJack

A team of grafters on 10:30 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

Truly a shame no crowds are there to witness this.

Hooligan and Lowe would be loved to death

This,

Liberty would be rocking.
A team of grafters on 09:15 - Feb 7 with 2748 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A team of grafters on 14:24 - Feb 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Mulder
Fer Fulton
James, Celina Roberts
McBurnie

On paper stronger? Our current defence is the strongest I’ve seen it and the midfield and forward players are far more aggressive when I comes to defending further up the pitch.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

A team of grafters on 10:48 - Feb 7 with 2716 viewsonehunglow

A team of grafters on 15:54 - Feb 6 by BravoJack

This,

Liberty would be rocking.

Could you imagine the place after that Hooli strike.

I might be dumb but if we go up,Im hoping we make an offer for Conor. The first we should sign up;one with something to prove.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A team of grafters on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 2705 viewsBadlands

A team of grafters on 13:39 - Feb 6 by Catullus

Rodgers teams grafted to keep possession and sometimes had a lot of ball and did little with it. At one point a Sky pundit accused us of passing for the sake of passing but with no intent. They put up stats that showed our possession and passing was mostly in our own half along the back line.

This team is different to that

Keeping the ball and passing was that team's way of frustrating the opposition, maintaining confidence, pulling defences apart and conserving energy.
Sky pundits (same goes for BBC Wales) used to say a lot about Swansea that was ignorant - they knew 'up and at them', Swansea was somewhere foreign, any team we play against was always made to sound like the home side and we never won a game - the opposition always lost.
As for no intent we averaged 1.5 goals a game with Brendon (currently 1.25 but that will improve)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

A team of grafters on 12:16 - Feb 7 with 2700 viewsCatullus

A team of grafters on 11:38 - Feb 7 by Badlands

Keeping the ball and passing was that team's way of frustrating the opposition, maintaining confidence, pulling defences apart and conserving energy.
Sky pundits (same goes for BBC Wales) used to say a lot about Swansea that was ignorant - they knew 'up and at them', Swansea was somewhere foreign, any team we play against was always made to sound like the home side and we never won a game - the opposition always lost.
As for no intent we averaged 1.5 goals a game with Brendon (currently 1.25 but that will improve)

2011/12 we scored 44 goals, that's around 1.16 and we conceded 51.

That season in the Championship (10/11) we conceded 42 whereas this season so far it's 15. It's not just about scoring but my no intent reference was for that first season in the EPL, it was said but I can't remember by who.

Keeping the ball that first EPL season was a way of avoiding losing, you can't score if you don't have the ball. What Cooper will do if we get promoted we'll have to wait and see.

Those pundits on match of the day constantly talked us down but that changed, until the last 2 seasons anyway

A team of grafters on 13:46 - Feb 7 with 2661 viewsReslovenSwan1

A team of grafters on 12:16 - Feb 7 by Catullus

2011/12 we scored 44 goals, that's around 1.16 and we conceded 51.

That season in the Championship (10/11) we conceded 42 whereas this season so far it's 15. It's not just about scoring but my no intent reference was for that first season in the EPL, it was said but I can't remember by who.

Keeping the ball that first EPL season was a way of avoiding losing, you can't score if you don't have the ball. What Cooper will do if we get promoted we'll have to wait and see.

Those pundits on match of the day constantly talked us down but that changed, until the last 2 seasons anyway

He will try to get ahead and play on the break. Jamal Lowe is swift and effective in the Champoinship but needs to get quicker and be more clinial in the Premier league to survive. His chance against Norwch demonstrated this. He took the wrong decision and fluffed his opportuniity giving the keeper an easy save as his body postion was self defeating.

Swans need express pace of a Dan James equivalent to pick of PL on the counter attack. we will have to see what Morris offers.

A team of grafters on 14:52 - Feb 7 with 2639 viewsKeithHaynes

A team of grafters on 13:46 - Feb 7 by ReslovenSwan1

He will try to get ahead and play on the break. Jamal Lowe is swift and effective in the Champoinship but needs to get quicker and be more clinial in the Premier league to survive. His chance against Norwch demonstrated this. He took the wrong decision and fluffed his opportuniity giving the keeper an easy save as his body postion was self defeating.

Swans need express pace of a Dan James equivalent to pick of PL on the counter attack. we will have to see what Morris offers.

Quite literally Morris needs to hit the ground running, show some real endeavour and effort, two cameos so far so the jury has to be out.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A team of grafters on 15:15 - Feb 7 with 2630 viewsHighjack

A team of grafters on 13:14 - Feb 6 by Catullus

In previous years I have been called out and abused by some for suggesting we had players who could work more for the team. I used to say it of Jason Scotland.

Now we have a team where everybody, absolutely every player takes their part, we attack together, we defend together and as a result the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

That's Coopers success, that's why recruitment is so important because Coops doesn't want any player who won't accept that ethos, we don't carry passengers at any stage of the game, we are a 100%, genuine TEAM.

In Scotlands defence he was told to play like that. There was a interview where he said that Grahame Jones pulled him to one side and said to stop running the channels and trying to press and just sit in the middle eighteen yards.

It worked.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A team of grafters on 15:28 - Feb 7 with 2628 viewsNotLoyal

A team of grafters on 15:15 - Feb 7 by Highjack

In Scotlands defence he was told to play like that. There was a interview where he said that Grahame Jones pulled him to one side and said to stop running the channels and trying to press and just sit in the middle eighteen yards.

It worked.

I still think chasing down the keeper by this side will pay dividends.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A team of grafters on 15:41 - Feb 7 with 2618 viewsswancity

A team of grafters on 15:15 - Feb 7 by Highjack

It worked.

Yes that’s right

Martinez and Jones policy involved Scotland staying central, not chasing out to wings to close down so that he kept sharp for when it was needed. It worked in that Scotland did well for us but then our goals against column hasn’t been this good since we won League Two in the 1999/2000 season ...

On this subject it’s only recently that the unbelievable work load of Lowe and Ayew has been widely praised and noticed.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

A team of grafters on 22:29 - Feb 7 with 2555 viewsJack_Meoff

A team of grafters on 09:53 - Feb 6 by 34dfgdf54

Did anyone notice when Ayew was celebrating his goal, in the background you could see Bennett already jogging back into position, proper old school centre half. Gem of a signing is this boy.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

A team of grafters on 23:30 - Feb 7 with 2538 viewsFireboy2

A team of grafters on 22:29 - Feb 7 by Jack_Meoff

Did anyone notice when Ayew was celebrating his goal, in the background you could see Bennett already jogging back into position, proper old school centre half. Gem of a signing is this boy.

And the biggest reason why we have conceded only 15 league goals and he is the reason why guehi and cabango are playing so well.
A team of grafters on 07:12 - Feb 8 with 2495 viewsDr_Winston

A team of grafters on 23:30 - Feb 7 by Fireboy2

And the biggest reason why we have conceded only 15 league goals and he is the reason why guehi and cabango are playing so well.

Guehi and Cabango are playing well because they're both bloody good players. Bennett has been a rock but let's not overdo it.

We've got five quality players competing for three slots, and one of them isn't even a natural central defender.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024