Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biden: Then and Now 10:52 - Feb 19 with 1989 viewsHighjack

Take a look at this video of an interview conducted with Senator Joseph Biden during the period of the Falklands conflict. I have to say he comes across incredibly well, he’s composed and knowledgeable. Speaking off the cuff with confidence. Answers the questions well and just gives off an air of competence. It would be easy to see why he would be touted as a potential future president on this performance.

It’s certainly a far cry from the gibbering wreck we are faced with today.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Biden: Then and Now on 11:04 - Feb 19 with 1978 viewsDr_Winston

Biden was there as the least divisive choice to beat Trump. Harris will be doing most of the Presidenting. Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him quietly step aside on health grounds in a year or two, job done.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Biden: Then and Now on 11:14 - Feb 19 with 1963 viewsDr_Parnassus

Biden was seen as a bit of a joke in the 80's after he had to apologise for ripping off Neil Kinnock's speech. Very embarrassing considering the personal nature of the speech.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Biden: Then and Now on 11:26 - Feb 19 with 1956 viewsCatullus

I also think Biden will step aside fairly soon. He's obviously not physically well enough to do the job for long. In itself that could cause problems but when Harris takes over, well I think it's out of the frying pan into the fire for the USA. I thought Trump was bad, I think Biden winning gives the potential for even worse to come, if he has to retire and Harris takes over. Well I saw her in videos encouraging people to...well...violence, it seems to me.

I think the USA is in deep trouble. It is split, fractured in several ways, race, money, age, politically. The next few years will be rough for a lot of Americans.

I hope I'm wrong.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Biden: Then and Now on 11:40 - Feb 19 with 1948 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I don't think it will be a year or two, it will be a matter of months, Harris has already taken over International communications.
Biden: Then and Now on 12:14 - Feb 19 with 1925 viewsHighjack

Biden: Then and Now on 11:40 - Feb 19 by A_Fans_Dad

I don't think it will be a year or two, it will be a matter of months, Harris has already taken over International communications.

I bet leaders all around the world are leaving their phone off the hook.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Biden: Then and Now on 22:39 - Feb 19 with 1868 viewsKilkennyjack

Biden: Then and Now on 12:14 - Feb 19 by Highjack

I bet leaders all around the world are leaving their phone off the hook.

They will be thrilled its not Trump.

Beware of the Risen People

Biden: Then and Now on 22:45 - Feb 19 with 1864 viewsKilkennyjack

Biden: Then and Now on 11:14 - Feb 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Biden was seen as a bit of a joke in the 80's after he had to apologise for ripping off Neil Kinnock's speech. Very embarrassing considering the personal nature of the speech.

He always credited Kinnock and it was much used.
He forgot just once.

They are big mates now.

In 2007, as Biden made a second run for president, the pair met again at his office on Capitol Hill in Washington. Kinnock says: “I went in and he greeted me and he called into the various smaller rooms and said, ‘Hey, folks, come here, I want you to meet somebody’. So his staff came out — and obviously by comparison with an MP’s staff, that’s a pretty large number — and he said, ‘Folks, I want you to meet my greatest ever speechwriter.’ And we all laughed.”
Kinnock, who lost two general elections, fervently hopes that Biden can make it third time lucky in his own career.

Beware of the Risen People

Biden: Then and Now on 23:13 - Feb 19 with 1852 viewsDr_Parnassus

Biden: Then and Now on 22:45 - Feb 19 by Kilkennyjack

He always credited Kinnock and it was much used.
He forgot just once.

They are big mates now.

In 2007, as Biden made a second run for president, the pair met again at his office on Capitol Hill in Washington. Kinnock says: “I went in and he greeted me and he called into the various smaller rooms and said, ‘Hey, folks, come here, I want you to meet somebody’. So his staff came out — and obviously by comparison with an MP’s staff, that’s a pretty large number — and he said, ‘Folks, I want you to meet my greatest ever speechwriter.’ And we all laughed.”
Kinnock, who lost two general elections, fervently hopes that Biden can make it third time lucky in his own career.

No, that’s not what happened at all.

He has form for ripping off speeches and trying to pass them off as his own.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.businessinsider.in/multiple-incidents-of-pla

What you are referring to is 20 years later, him making light of him stealing his speech and passing it off as his own. It’s not something you do, especially a speech like that, it was personal.

“At one moment, Biden repeated the line that he was the first "in a thousand generations" to graduate from college, gesturing to his wife in the exact same way Kinnock did, while also saying the same line about her education and lineage.”

It was as embarrassing today as it was then, and ultimately destroyed his credibility and his Presidential run.

[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 23:16]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024