Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something 11:16 - Feb 19 with 3918 viewscockneyswan

After watching Question Time last night I wondered if I am the only person who thinks “no jab no job” is a good idea? While I fully accept that any medical treatment is for the individual to choose or reject , equally business has the right to protect its customers any other employees surely?
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 11:20 - Feb 19 with 2614 viewsCatullus

Part of me wants to agree, another part of me wonders what problems saying that might cause.
I don't think it's a simple and straightforward thing to say. After all, in a normal year flu kills but we don't say no jab no job there, do we.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 11:42 - Feb 19 with 2597 viewscockneyswan

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 11:20 - Feb 19 by Catullus

Part of me wants to agree, another part of me wonders what problems saying that might cause.
I don't think it's a simple and straightforward thing to say. After all, in a normal year flu kills but we don't say no jab no job there, do we.

To be fair COVID is far more deadly than flu, 3 million deaths so far and still counting, COVID is on a completely different scale to flu, apart from the tragic death rate of COVID there are the long term damage to those lucky enough to survive, not to mention the economic devastation being caused to business, and the health services.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 11:54 - Feb 19 with 2578 views1983

My missus lost her job after 14 years hard graft through no fault of her own she now volunteers for the NHS will looking for work are you suggesting she shouldn't get a jab?

Why stop there put why not put blue eyes and blonde hair into the equation?

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:00 - Feb 19 with 2572 viewsCatullus

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 11:42 - Feb 19 by cockneyswan

To be fair COVID is far more deadly than flu, 3 million deaths so far and still counting, COVID is on a completely different scale to flu, apart from the tragic death rate of COVID there are the long term damage to those lucky enough to survive, not to mention the economic devastation being caused to business, and the health services.

Yes I accept that, Covid is around 5 times as deadly as flu but it kills the elderly and the sick, mostly.
If Covid were a lot more deadly, like Ebola (up to 90% mortality) then maybe I could easily agree but I suspect a lot of people would argue against this rule for a covid jab

I'll be having my jab as soon as I can but take up is running at around 75% so a lot of people don't want it.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:05 - Feb 19 with 2566 viewscockneyswan

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 11:54 - Feb 19 by 1983

My missus lost her job after 14 years hard graft through no fault of her own she now volunteers for the NHS will looking for work are you suggesting she shouldn't get a jab?

Why stop there put why not put blue eyes and blonde hair into the equation?

I assume you mean “ shouldn’t get a job” ? No not at all, only if she refuses a COVID vaccine , I understand that many people have not yet been offered a vaccination, but she should be willing to have the vaccination when offered.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:06 - Feb 19 with 2564 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 11:42 - Feb 19 by cockneyswan

Sorry, but you are wrong on a few counts.
It depends on the flu variant, if you think COVID is bad look up the 1918 Spanish flu, 17 million plus deaths.
The economic consequences are due to how the Chinese, the WHU and the rest of the world approached it, ie let the Chinese in to every country in the world.
But let's go back to the Vaccinated workers, they can still get the Virus and still pass it on, it "should" be less infectious, but there is no guarantee.
But this is the thin end of the wedge re Workers rights and human rights.
What does someone who can't have the vaccine do?
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:11 - Feb 19 with 2560 viewsbuilthjack

Jab them all. Pin them down and stick it in em.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:19 - Feb 19 with 2553 viewsHighjack

How are employers to know whether you’ve had the jab or not? Your medical records are (or at least should be) private between you and your doctor.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:23 - Feb 19 with 2546 viewsHighjack

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:11 - Feb 19 by builthjack

Jab them all. Pin them down and stick it in em.

Calm down Ron Jeremy there’ll be nothing forcibly stuck in anyone.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:24 - Feb 19 with 2540 viewscockneyswan

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:06 - Feb 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, but you are wrong on a few counts.
It depends on the flu variant, if you think COVID is bad look up the 1918 Spanish flu, 17 million plus deaths.
The economic consequences are due to how the Chinese, the WHU and the rest of the world approached it, ie let the Chinese in to every country in the world.
But let's go back to the Vaccinated workers, they can still get the Virus and still pass it on, it "should" be less infectious, but there is no guarantee.
But this is the thin end of the wedge re Workers rights and human rights.
What does someone who can't have the vaccine do?

I’m not comparing COVID to flu 100 years ago, I’m sure if they could have had a vaccine then they would have jumped at it and the death rate would have been far less. On the matter of human rights, what about the rights of co workers and customers to be in a safe environment?
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:26 - Feb 19 with 2535 viewsHighjack

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:24 - Feb 19 by cockneyswan

I’m not comparing COVID to flu 100 years ago, I’m sure if they could have had a vaccine then they would have jumped at it and the death rate would have been far less. On the matter of human rights, what about the rights of co workers and customers to be in a safe environment?

If you’ve had the vaccine you’re safe regardless of whether your coworkers or customers have or not. If you choose not to have the vaccine but everybody else has it then the only person you’re putting at risk is yourself.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 12:28]

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:27 - Feb 19 with 2527 viewslondonlisa2001

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:26 - Feb 19 by Highjack

If you’ve had the vaccine you’re safe regardless of whether your coworkers or customers have or not. If you choose not to have the vaccine but everybody else has it then the only person you’re putting at risk is yourself.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 12:28]

That not strictly true though is it.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:28 - Feb 19 with 2521 viewslondonlisa2001

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:19 - Feb 19 by Highjack

How are employers to know whether you’ve had the jab or not? Your medical records are (or at least should be) private between you and your doctor.

Same way as a country requiring a Yellow Fever vaccine for entry knows now.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:29 - Feb 19 with 2519 viewsHighjack

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:27 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

That not strictly true though is it.

Please feel free to enlighten us. I’ve got the feeling you’re going to anyway.

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:31 - Feb 19 with 2514 viewsCatullus

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:24 - Feb 19 by cockneyswan

See what I mean

The 1918 flu, medical knowledge was much different back then, that's why so many died. There are many anti vaxxers around today. Like I said, it's not a straightforwardthing to say.

Data protection and confidentiality, if we need a vacciation passport to travel we could use it for work too. People will object though.

Some people will always put their personal privacy first.

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 13:00 - Feb 19 with 2481 viewslondonlisa2001

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:29 - Feb 19 by Highjack

Please feel free to enlighten us. I’ve got the feeling you’re going to anyway.

Well if something has a 90% efficacy then by definition it means 1 in 10 aren’t protected. All vaccines require a herd immunity as it’s the sheer weight of vaccinated vs non vaccinated people that means it works, not the status of any individual.

They’ve calculated a percentage of around 70% ish of the population for this I think (they talked about it when the vaccine programme started and I may have misremembered that figure).
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 13:18 - Feb 19 with 2468 viewshobo

Since when have forced medical treatments been a good idea? For something with a 99.5% survival rate. A very dangerous slope that you don't want to get on
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 13:25 - Feb 19 with 2457 viewslondonlisa2001

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 13:18 - Feb 19 by hobo

Since when have forced medical treatments been a good idea? For something with a 99.5% survival rate. A very dangerous slope that you don't want to get on

There are loads of instances of mandatory vaccines for various diseases in certain countries at the moment.

It wouldn’t be anything new or particularly unusual.

Italy has a long list. Other European countries have mandatory vaccinations, Australia does, some States in the US. We had mandatory vaccination against smallpox in the past.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 13:30 - Feb 19 with 2452 viewsCatullus

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 13:25 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

There are loads of instances of mandatory vaccines for various diseases in certain countries at the moment.

Italy has a long list. Other European countries have mandatory vaccinations, Australia does, some States in the US. We had mandatory vaccination against smallpox in the past.

Yes, Lisa, but this is modern day UK where people have the right to refuse even if it's a really stupid thing to!

You can't take away a persons right to be stupid mun!

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:01 - Feb 19 with 2440 viewshobo

Those are only for travelers from certain hotspots where a disease is prevalent. I've certainly never needed any vaccinations for going to Asia, Australia, South America etc
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:11 - Feb 19 with 2431 viewsCatullus

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:01 - Feb 19 by hobo

Those are only for travelers from certain hotspots where a disease is prevalent. I've certainly never needed any vaccinations for going to Asia, Australia, South America etc

You may not have had vaccinations but it doesn't mean you didn't need them, South America,

https://www.passporthealthglobal.com/en-gb/destination-advice/central-and-south-

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:17 - Feb 19 with 2425 viewsonehunglow

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 13:30 - Feb 19 by Catullus

Yes, Lisa, but this is modern day UK where people have the right to refuse even if it's a really stupid thing to!

You can't take away a persons right to be stupid mun!

On the other hand,why allow stupidity to kill.
We have statutes to protect people from the stupid/selfish/evil.

Having unvaxed folk swanning around possibly spreading this curse is a strange way for a civilised country to behave.

We have people who vandalise ambulances which can mean death for some poor bugger. Some would call them stupid too

Times have changed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:18 - Feb 19 with 2425 viewshobo

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:11 - Feb 19 by Catullus

You may not have had vaccinations but it doesn't mean you didn't need them, South America,

https://www.passporthealthglobal.com/en-gb/destination-advice/central-and-south-

Which country in particular should I check out? Clicked a few and it said they were only 'recommended'?

Besides, this is a completely different topic to the one in the OP. Forcibly being injected with something in order to make a living should never even be considered.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:31 - Feb 19 with 2415 viewsProfessor

Yellow Fever vaccination is still a requirement for entry to many African countries.

I certainly would consider rabies and typhoid vaccination as pretty essential for many countries given the first is untreatable without prior vaccination and the second is increasingly drug resistant.

Untreated Typhoid has a 10% mortality rate.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:33 - Feb 19 with 2413 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:18 - Feb 19 by hobo

Which country in particular should I check out? Clicked a few and it said they were only 'recommended'?

Besides, this is a completely different topic to the one in the OP. Forcibly being injected with something in order to make a living should never even be considered.

I agree it feels very uncomfortable to me that a government could force people into having medical interventions. What happens to a person's body should be their decision, if we start to water this principle down then we risk a bit of a slippery slope.
If the intervention is good it will stand on its own too feet, we only need about 70 percent take up, it gives us room to accommodate those who have concerns and for them to change their mind if they want to.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024