Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teachers 18:19 - Feb 23 with 6606 viewspencoedjack

What gives them the right to think they should jump the queue on a vaccine?

Whilst they have been sat on their arse's for a 12 month getting full pay, a lot of us have been out working, others have lost their jobs or have been on 80% pay..

How about the volunteered to work some Saturday mornings or gave up some of their holidays to help kids catch up on their education.

Teachers on 21:00 - Feb 23 with 713 viewsFireboy2

Teachers on 20:39 - Feb 23 by pikeypaul

indeed it is and its not only the righties doing it,like you well know.

and no one has said that is enterprising its theft whoever does it left or right.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 20:44]

Mostly self employed who because they have put dodgy tax returns in for years and since the pandemic started have had to make the shortfall up somehow.

I'd say they are mostly tories rather than labour.
Teachers on 21:01 - Feb 23 with 712 viewsTreforys_Jack

And I just mentioned to her she was a "lazy left wing tosser " , thankfully it did make her laugh
Teachers on 21:03 - Feb 23 with 705 viewsFireboy2

Teachers on 20:53 - Feb 23 by Gwyn737

Cheers pal.

Without doubt the most challenging (but in many ways rewarding) period of my career.

Good on you gwyn, I like your positivity, you keep it up mate, all you have to know is there are alot more people who support you than don't.
Teachers on 21:04 - Feb 23 with 703 viewsFireboy2

Teachers on 21:01 - Feb 23 by Treforys_Jack

And I just mentioned to her she was a "lazy left wing tosser " , thankfully it did make her laugh

Did you say it from a fair distance by any chance 😳
Teachers on 21:06 - Feb 23 with 694 viewsTreforys_Jack

Teachers on 21:04 - Feb 23 by Fireboy2

Did you say it from a fair distance by any chance 😳

From the bottom of the garden
Teachers on 21:13 - Feb 23 with 688 viewsFireboy2

Teachers on 21:06 - Feb 23 by Treforys_Jack

From the bottom of the garden

You are a wise man TJ😉
Teachers on 21:22 - Feb 23 with 683 viewsDr_Winston

I wouldn't actually have a problem with teachers getting the vaccine.

What has been done to children and their education during this pandemic has been a national scandal and one which will have repercussions for decades. Anything that eases the path of getting every child back into full time education needs to be seized upon.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Teachers on 21:48 - Feb 23 with 656 viewsCatullus

Teachers on 21:22 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

What has been done to children and their education during this pandemic has been a national scandal and one which will have repercussions for decades. Anything that eases the path of getting every child back into full time education needs to be seized upon.

Ahhhh the voice of reason, stop it mun

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Teachers on 21:56 - Feb 23 with 651 viewsDr_Winston

Teachers on 21:48 - Feb 23 by Catullus

Ahhhh the voice of reason, stop it mun

Sorry.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Teachers on 21:59 - Feb 23 with 645 viewsFireboy2

Teachers on 22:45 - Feb 23 with 620 viewscontroversial_jack

Teachers on 21:59 - Feb 23 by Fireboy2

As long as I can remember, teachers have always complained about how special they are and how hard done by they are
Teachers on 23:00 - Feb 23 with 617 viewsmajorraglan

Good post, with a significant number of children being asymptomatic or displaying very very mild symptoms it would make sense to give teachers the vaccine, hopefully they’d then be able to remain in work and get the kids education moving forward.

There are good and bad teachers much like there are good and bad plumbers, builders, cops lawyers, journalists etc. I dare say some have done very little, but others will have worked very hard. When things start moving back to normal, teachers will probably have more interactions with other people than most, a primary school teachers will probably have a class of 30 while secondary school teachers will probably have a registry class of 30 and deliver 6 lessons a day to classes of around 30 pupils - that’s potentially around 210 kids a day and plenty of opportunity to catch some germs.

If I was a teacher, I’d want someone or my union making my case for a vaccine.

I have family working in the NHS, they’ve been run ragged over the last 12 months, lots of their colleagues have had a guts full and questioning their future. I also know a few police officers, they’ve also been run ragged. Meanwhile, quite a few of my mates in the private sector have been furloughed for the best part of a year and have enjoyed their extended holiday.
Teachers on 23:05 - Feb 23 with 617 viewsKilkennyjack

Our teachers do an amazing job day in and day out.
Of course they should have the jab x 2 before the schools open.

Johnson has just handed them all the leverage they need.
All the unions need to do now is insist on the jabs x2, or the schools do not re-open.

That would force Johnson to do the right thing and prioritise the health and safety of our teachers.
Lets hope the unions do it.

Safety cannot be compromised.

Beware of the Risen People

Teachers on 23:44 - Feb 23 with 604 viewsFireboy2

Teachers on 22:45 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

As long as I can remember, teachers have always complained about how special they are and how hard done by they are

Well i have never experienced any complaints from any of the teachers that have taught my boys, in fact they have only expressed only happiness and optimism towards them, I personally think that most of them keep their problems to themselves as their pupils are their priority.
Teachers on 05:55 - Feb 24 with 557 viewsDr_Winston

Important that teachers don't take the piss though, or go down the militant route that Kilks just advocated. There's plenty of fully qualified teachers out there without permanent contracts.

You can only play hardball if you're difficult to replace.

Teachers on 07:38 - Feb 24 with 526 viewspencoedjack

I don’t have an issue with them getting vaccinated but I do have an issue being vaccinated before someone deemed more vulnerable.

Who do we knock down the list to allow them to get vaccinated the 65-70 year olds?

Get back in the classroom & do what you are paid to do.
Teachers on 07:57 - Feb 24 with 520 viewsKilkennyjack

Teachers on 07:38 - Feb 24 by pencoedjack

I don’t have an issue with them getting vaccinated but I do have an issue being vaccinated before someone deemed more vulnerable.

Who do we knock down the list to allow them to get vaccinated the 65-70 year olds?

Get back in the classroom & do what you are paid to do.

Well if you are safe at home with no issues, then yes a teacher goes before you.

If teachers go off sick the education we all want for the kids, is compromised.

I cant see why the is hard to understand.

Teachers on 08:02 - Feb 24 with 519 viewsKilkennyjack

Teachers on 05:55 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Important that teachers don't take the piss though, or go down the militant route that Kilks just advocated. There's plenty of fully qualified teachers out there without permanent contracts.

You can only play hardball if you're difficult to replace.

If you are really a champion of education for the kids then this argument is nonsense.

You only get the education with the teachers.
Changing teachers is not like changing a light bulb.

Your army of unemployed qualified teachers would be - at best - unproven, disruptive to students and probably all arriving at school each morning riding rainbow coloured unicorns.

Teachers on 08:07 - Feb 24 with 517 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Teachers on 21:00 - Feb 23 by Fireboy2

Mostly self employed who because they have put dodgy tax returns in for years and since the pandemic started have had to make the shortfall up somehow.

I'd say they are mostly tories rather than labour.

Teachers are not self employed and most are left wing.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Teachers on 08:09 - Feb 24 with 516 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If the teacher is in the vulnerable group they will get the vaccine earlier. If they are fit and healthy in their 20s and 30s they should wait until it is their turn.

Teachers on 08:11 - Feb 24 with 515 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Teachers on 23:00 - Feb 23 by majorraglan

Good post, with a significant number of children being asymptomatic or displaying very very mild symptoms it would make sense to give teachers the vaccine, hopefully they’d then be able to remain in work and get the kids education moving forward.

There are good and bad teachers much like there are good and bad plumbers, builders, cops lawyers, journalists etc. I dare say some have done very little, but others will have worked very hard. When things start moving back to normal, teachers will probably have more interactions with other people than most, a primary school teachers will probably have a class of 30 while secondary school teachers will probably have a registry class of 30 and deliver 6 lessons a day to classes of around 30 pupils - that’s potentially around 210 kids a day and plenty of opportunity to catch some germs.

If I was a teacher, I’d want someone or my union making my case for a vaccine.

I have family working in the NHS, they’ve been run ragged over the last 12 months, lots of their colleagues have had a guts full and questioning their future. I also know a few police officers, they’ve also been run ragged. Meanwhile, quite a few of my mates in the private sector have been furloughed for the best part of a year and have enjoyed their extended holiday.

A lot more in the public sector have been sat at home on full pay.

Teachers on 08:14 - Feb 24 with 512 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Teachers on 23:05 - Feb 23 by Kilkennyjack

Our teachers do an amazing job day in and day out.
Of course they should have the jab x 2 before the schools open.

Johnson has just handed them all the leverage they need.
All the unions need to do now is insist on the jabs x2, or the schools do not re-open.

That would force Johnson to do the right thing and prioritise the health and safety of our teachers.
Lets hope the unions do it.

Safety cannot be compromised.

They should wait there turn. There are many more deserving groups than teachers. Supermarket workers, transport workers, utility workers all these have kept the rest us fed , warm at home and able to do a lot of our work online.

Teachers on 08:16 - Feb 24 with 511 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Teachers on 07:57 - Feb 24 by Kilkennyjack

Well if you are safe at home with no issues, then yes a teacher goes before you.

If teachers go off sick the education we all want for the kids, is compromised.

I cant see why the is hard to understand.

Many more deserving groups of workers . Very simple really but some still think teachers are special.

Teachers on 08:18 - Feb 24 with 510 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Teachers on 08:02 - Feb 24 by Kilkennyjack

If you are really a champion of education for the kids then this argument is nonsense.

Your army of unemployed qualified teachers would be - at best - unproven, disruptive to students and probably all arriving at school each morning riding rainbow coloured unicorns.

The teachers are well paid to do their jobs . They should just get on and do what they are paid to do. Most of us can only dream of 13 weeks holidays a year.

Teachers on 08:45 - Feb 24 with 506 viewsDr_Winston

Teachers on 08:02 - Feb 24 by Kilkennyjack

My "army of unemployed qualified teachers" are the ones lugging all over the place covering the supply situation whenever other teachers go sick, go training or just fancy a day off. Many of them spend as much time in the classroom as others, just without the luxury of a permanent contract.

But hey, if you want to bash a hardworking, qualified, capable section of society to do nothing more than political point scoring then go right ahead.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024