Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras 16:33 - Feb 24 with 596 viewsonehunglow

To included all the major rugby playing nations
15. JPR.He really was that good,kids
14,Sir Gerald. nuff said
13.Bod .A pain in the @rse for all opponents
12. Gerber. Apartheid meant the world at large missed out on this monster player
11.Lomu.Great by any standards especially as a human being.adly and badly missed
10. Carter. He really does stand alone
9.Sir Gareth. And not out of sentiment either
8. Parisse .Born in the wrong country
7.McCaw.by some margin.,Maybe a "cheat" but rules are there to be pushed
6 Burger.Jeez .what a monster in every way
5.Johnson.Best captain ever .
4.JohnEales.All round athlete.Awesome.
3 Paparamborde. truly fearsome and technical
2.Ledesma. all round wonderful exponent of the position
1.Ian McLaughlan.Might mouse. Legendary.

Just a bit of fun

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 16:47 - Feb 24 with 585 viewsCatullus

It's hard work that. I largely agree with you but leaving the likes of Zinzan Brooke, Phillipe Sella, Gregan, McBride and then those pesky English....lets ignore them but what about Percy Montgomery, if I can't have him at full back I'll replace Gerber.

O'Connell and Wood.....there's too many and it's easier to shoehorn footballers into a team than rugby players! In my opinion of course.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 16:56 - Feb 24 with 580 viewsonehunglow

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 16:47 - Feb 24 by Catullus

It's hard work that. I largely agree with you but leaving the likes of Zinzan Brooke, Phillipe Sella, Gregan, McBride and then those pesky English....lets ignore them but what about Percy Montgomery, if I can't have him at full back I'll replace Gerber.

O'Connell and Wood.....there's too many and it's easier to shoehorn footballers into a team than rugby players! In my opinion of course.

I did wrestle with having representations from the main rugby countries.
I did avoid the Islanders for a good reason

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:04 - Feb 24 with 576 viewsCatullus

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 16:56 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

I did wrestle with having representations from the main rugby countries.
I did avoid the Islanders for a good reason

Alun Wynn Jones mun....we've got to have Alun Wynn!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:08 - Feb 24 with 573 viewsonehunglow

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:04 - Feb 24 by Catullus

Alun Wynn Jones mun....we've got to have Alun Wynn!

Too obvious.

AWJ a great player for Wales but greats of all time? Debatable.

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:12 - Feb 24 with 568 viewsHighjack

He might not have been the best but in terms of making a generally dull and boring sport exciting and good to watch I’d add Shane Williams.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:26 - Feb 24 with 553 viewsonehunglow

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:12 - Feb 24 by Highjack

He might not have been the best but in terms of making a generally dull and boring sport exciting and good to watch I’d add Shane Williams.

Chaqu un a son gout.

On the other hand, a complex ,beautiful game of skill,mental toughness and physical courage that doesn't have ,as of yet,the appalling feigned of injury football suffers from.
The way footballers fall down and make out they've been fouled,slapped,scratched insults all fans. It is disgusting and it happens on our screens every weekend.

Further,the abuse of officials is an abomination.

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:29 - Feb 24 with 551 viewsLohengrin

Just thinking out loud here but two of the most naturally gifted players its been my good fortune to have seen, albeit when I was young, were English: David Duckham and Andy Ripley.

Wonderfully poised, balanced runners. Athletes in every sense.

Taking you back a little less further, 25 years, John Bentley for the Lions had me on the edge of the seat every time he had ball in hand. Speed and raw instinct. You can’t coach that it’s a gift from above.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:31 - Feb 24 with 549 viewsHighjack

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:26 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

Chaqu un a son gout.

On the other hand, a complex ,beautiful game of skill,mental toughness and physical courage that doesn't have ,as of yet,the appalling feigned of injury football suffers from.
The way footballers fall down and make out they've been fouled,slapped,scratched insults all fans. It is disgusting and it happens on our screens every weekend.

Further,the abuse of officials is an abomination.

I’m not old enough to have watched George Best in his pomp but I’ve heard it said that a huge swell of excitement and anticipation would go up in the crowd at him just receiving possession. In my lifetime the only rugby player to really have a similar effect was Shane Williams who had that bit of magic in an era where everyone else was just smashing for a few inches over the gain line.

If more players were like him it would be a good sport to watch.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:42 - Feb 24 with 535 viewsmax936

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 17:29 - Feb 24 by Lohengrin

Just thinking out loud here but two of the most naturally gifted players its been my good fortune to have seen, albeit when I was young, were English: David Duckham and Andy Ripley.

Wonderfully poised, balanced runners. Athletes in every sense.

Taking you back a little less further, 25 years, John Bentley for the Lions had me on the edge of the seat every time he had ball in hand. Speed and raw instinct. You can’t coach that it’s a gift from above.

Brilliant try, was a star on that tour, can't believe that was 25yrs ago.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 21:18 - Feb 24 with 496 viewsbuilthjack

Major rugby nations. Is that 8 or 9 ??
Agree with Max on Duckham.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 21:37 - Feb 24 with 487 viewstheloneranger

15 JPR

14. David Campese

13. Tana Umaga

12. Tim Horan

11. Jonah Lomu

9. Gareth Edwards

10. Dan Carter

8. Mervyn Davies

7. Michael Jones

6. Francois Pienaar

5 Colin Meads

4. John Eales

3. Olo Brown

2. Sean Fitzpatrick (Captain)

1. Os du Randt
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 21:38]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 22:17 - Feb 24 with 453 viewsonehunglow

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 21:37 - Feb 24 by theloneranger

15 JPR

14. David Campese

13. Tana Umaga

12. Tim Horan

11. Jonah Lomu

9. Gareth Edwards

10. Dan Carter

8. Mervyn Davies

7. Michael Jones

6. Francois Pienaar

5 Colin Meads

4. John Eales

3. Olo Brown

2. Sean Fitzpatrick (Captain)

1. Os du Randt
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 21:38]

Some that that Keemo sabby

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 23:06 - Feb 24 with 433 viewsKilkennyjack

1. Dai Young
2. Garin
3. Stuart Evans
4. Norster
5. alun Wyn
6. Scott quinnell
7. Warburton
8. mervyn
9. GO Edwards
10. The King
11. shane
12. Gibbs
13. Fenwick
14. North
15. Jpr

Thats about it, Bod and Willie John on the bench.

Beware of the Risen People

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 02:18 - Feb 25 with 403 viewsSlugster664

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 23:06 - Feb 24 by Kilkennyjack

1. Dai Young
2. Garin
3. Stuart Evans
4. Norster
5. alun Wyn
6. Scott quinnell
7. Warburton
8. mervyn
9. GO Edwards
10. The King
11. shane
12. Gibbs
13. Fenwick
14. North
15. Jpr

Thats about it, Bod and Willie John on the bench.

Fenwick and not Gravell? Dai Young was a tight head...you were presumably born late 60s, 70s with that side ...

STID

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 09:01 - Feb 25 with 348 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Blanco
Lomu
Sella
O’Driscoll
Gerald Davies
Carter
Edwards
DuRandt
Fitzpatrick
Leonard
Johnson
Meads
Pienaar
Brooke
McCaw.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 10:00 - Feb 25 with 330 viewsonehunglow

Keep it going.

Wales isn't international Kill.

I slipped in a few Oirish note

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 10:23 - Feb 25 with 328 viewsCatullus

If we could include subs maybe it'd make more sense because there's so many great players and subs are part of the team after ll.

My first sub wasn't an all time great but he was very good and being pragmatic he was good in four positions, Tony Clement. I've heard more knowledgeable rugby heads debate whether, if he could tie one position down he'd have been a great? I think he could, being so verstaile may have been a curse. He played full back and flyhalf mostly but I saw him play centre and on the wing for the Whites, he was a reliable kicker too.

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 10:28 - Feb 25 with 323 viewsbritferry

My Wales XV, love to see that midfield play

15. JPR Williams

14. Gerald Davies
13. Ray Gravell
12. Scott Gibbs
11. Shane Williams

10. Jonathan Davies
9. Gareth Edwards

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Garin Jenkins
3. Graham Price

4. Delme Thomas
5. AW Jones

6. Derek Quinnell
7. Martyn Williams
8. Mervyn Davies

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 10:41 - Feb 25 with 318 viewsonehunglow

Rugby -Greatest ever international team from all eras on 10:28 - Feb 25 by britferry

My Wales XV, love to see that midfield play

15. JPR Williams

14. Gerald Davies
13. Ray Gravell
12. Scott Gibbs
11. Shane Williams

10. Jonathan Davies
9. Gareth Edwards

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Garin Jenkins
3. Graham Price

4. Delme Thomas