Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion 19:55 - Feb 24 with 4331 viewsonehunglow

Let's be honest.
Looking at yet another abject display ,it was a nice thought but we all got caught up in the prospect but ,looking at that-it's rather sick.

Everyone of those players would have to be replaced ,for a start,apart from the manager.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Promotion on 20:01 - Feb 24 with 2146 viewsBadlands

... not just the players.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion on 20:02 - Feb 24 with 2139 viewsonehunglow

As I say.Just why Cooper gets this love is beyond me.

Promotion on 20:10 - Feb 24 with 2120 viewsChief

Hope to REMOVED this thread comes back to bite you 2 clowns on the ars this half

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Promotion on 20:22 - Feb 24 with 2108 viewsGeoffThom

Probably not top 2 but think we will make playoffs but win them hmmmmm
Promotion on 20:54 - Feb 24 with 2062 viewshobo

Promotion on 20:22 - Feb 24 by GeoffThom

Probably not top 2 but think we will make playoffs but win them hmmmmm

And what an achievement that would be
Promotion on 21:01 - Feb 24 with 2028 viewsraynor94

Promotion on 20:10 - Feb 24 by Chief

Hope to REMOVED this thread comes back to bite you 2 clowns on the ars this half

This post has been edited by an administrator

Are you honestly surprised? They both can't wait, it's pathetic!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Promotion on 21:05 - Feb 24 with 1993 viewstheloneranger

"it's rather sick."

1 point off 2nd place and 2 games in hand??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Promotion on 21:09 - Feb 24 with 1965 viewsDr_Winston

There's not much in the way of flair, ambition or fun about the way we play, but we've ground out another three points. We've got just as much right to be competing at the top end as anyone else.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Promotion on 21:20 - Feb 24 with 1904 viewsswancity

I see Hinge and Bracket are at it again

Get your knitting out if you’re that bored

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Promotion on 21:20 - Feb 24 with 1901 viewsThornburyswan

Promotion on 21:09 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

There's not much in the way of flair, ambition or fun about the way we play, but we've ground out another three points. We've got just as much right to be competing at the top end as anyone else.

This - we are least watchable of the top 8/9 but are very gritty, consistently play in the 6-8 out of 10 range & are very strong at grinding out results and game management.

Not sure I’d fancy us in the knock-out, take a risk play-off lottery so we need to keep in the top 2 automatic battle.
Promotion on 21:23 - Feb 24 with 1888 viewsbuilthjack

Promotion on 21:20 - Feb 24 by Thornburyswan

This - we are least watchable of the top 8/9 but are very gritty, consistently play in the 6-8 out of 10 range & are very strong at grinding out results and game management.

Not sure I’d fancy us in the knock-out, take a risk play-off lottery so we need to keep in the top 2 automatic battle.

If we do go up we only have half a dozen at most that are good enough.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Promotion on 21:23 - Feb 24 with 1888 viewsFlashberryjack

Yes, we have every right to be where we are, and the players and manager have done wonders to get us there, fair play to them.

I've been a swans fan all my life, but watching the game tonight I was thinking, no matter what league we were in, we always had a player that, when he had the ball I got exited that something was going to happen, a shot, a chance maybe a goal, tonight nowt.

Just saying.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Promotion on 21:35 - Feb 24 with 1843 viewsDr_Winston

Promotion on 21:23 - Feb 24 by builthjack

Last time we went up we didn't have that many players you'd pick as clearly "Prem Class", but the style we had worked to make up for it. Not sure if we'd be able to defend our way to enough points to survive for a full season. Paul Clement tried it and that didn't work out too well.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Promotion on 21:47 - Feb 24 with 1768 viewsmajorraglan

Promotion on 21:35 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

Last time we went up we didn't have that many players you'd pick as clearly "Prem Class", but the style we had worked to make up for it. Not sure if we'd be able to defend our way to enough points to survive for a full season. Paul Clement tried it and that didn't work out too well.

Agreed. Going to get some pellets for this.. but to be honest I wouldn’t expect much more than coming straight back down. I think the owners would run a tight ship in the anticipation of coming back down and that they’d take the longer term view hoping to build a strong sustainable club capable of competing in the PL.
Promotion on 22:04 - Feb 24 with 1664 viewsswan85

Promotion on 21:47 - Feb 24 by majorraglan

Agreed. Going to get some pellets for this.. but to be honest I wouldn’t expect much more than coming straight back down. I think the owners would run a tight ship in the anticipation of coming back down and that they’d take the longer term view hoping to build a strong sustainable club capable of competing in the PL.

I also think the pitch isn’t helping (yes I know it is better than the pitches of the 80s etc and the same for both sides) but game is different these days. It is difficult to see on red button, doesn’t seem firm underfoot affects players running/movement and also general passing hence some of the lumps.

I am also aware Huddersfield pitch looked very good, but I’m just going to put that down to a bad day at the office.
Promotion on 22:13 - Feb 24 with 1626 viewsthornabyswan

Promotion on 21:20 - Feb 24 by swancity

I see Hinge and Bracket are at it again

Get your knitting out if you’re that bored

More like Waldorf and Statler.

Why post crap like that during a game as well pathetic really.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Promotion on 22:18 - Feb 24 with 1611 viewsraynor94

Promotion on 21:23 - Feb 24 by builthjack

But, let's get there first, none of us are naive enough to think we wouldn't need a few new faces in, just like the last time

Promotion on 22:18 - Feb 24 with 1605 viewsonehunglow

Promotion on 22:13 - Feb 24 by thornabyswan

More like Waldorf and Statler.

Why post crap like that during a game as well pathetic really.

Because it’s true .as it happens.
You happy with that

Promotion on 22:24 - Feb 24 with 1578 viewsthornabyswan

Promotion on 22:18 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

You happy with that

Happy with the 3 points yes.

Must be tough for you I know you enjoy a bit of Cooper bashing after a game.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Promotion on 22:28 - Feb 24 with 1564 viewsGaryjack

Promotion on 21:47 - Feb 24 by majorraglan

Not only agree, but i'd go a step further and say our club is in no way ready for Premier league football, much in the same way that we weren't prepared for the Championship.
So therefore if we were to go up i'd rather us spend nothing, and use the £150m over three years to properly rebuild, including regaining our academy 1 status ,possible stadium expansion, and build a solid foundation for a squad that can compete at the top level. It's pointless throwing money at something that is destined to fail, and to avoid the mistakes that our neighbours have made not just once, but twice.
Promotion on 22:33 - Feb 24 with 1535 viewsthornabyswan

Promotion on 22:28 - Feb 24 by Garyjack

Not only agree, but i'd go a step further and say our club is in no way ready for Premier league football, much in the same way that we weren't prepared for the Championship.
So therefore if we were to go up i'd rather us spend nothing, and use the £150m over three years to properly rebuild, including regaining our academy 1 status ,possible stadium expansion, and build a solid foundation for a squad that can compete at the top level. It's pointless throwing money at something that is destined to fail, and to avoid the mistakes that our neighbours have made not just once, but twice.

Yes I agree with the sentiment of that.

Would have to spend something though we have the loans to replace for a start.

But yes agree no point throwing silly money at it.

Promotion on 22:34 - Feb 24 with 1533 viewsraynor94

Promotion on 22:18 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

You happy with that

Fair play even I'm amazed at how low you can go.

You are not happy being 1 point off second with 2 games in hand?

We are not free flowing at the moment, but with 16 games to go, we are right in the mix!

Promotion on 22:38 - Feb 24 with 1512 viewsowainglyndwr

Exactly. ..
If we are winning when we have a drop in our performance, how good it will be when we hit form again
Promotion on 22:39 - Feb 24 with 1504 viewsthornabyswan

Promotion on 22:34 - Feb 24 by raynor94

Fair play even I'm amazed at how low you can go.

You are not happy being 1 point off second with 2 games in hand?

We are not free flowing at the moment, but with 16 games to go, we are right in the mix!

Some just enjoy a good moan.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but if you totted up his posts I think 90% of them would be slagging someone off.

There needs to be some balance or you will never be taken seriously.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 22:42]

Promotion on 22:42 - Feb 24 with 1495 viewsraynor94

Promotion on 22:33 - Feb 24 by thornabyswan

Yes I agree with the sentiment of that.

Would have to spend something though we have the loans to replace for a start.

But yes agree no point throwing silly money at it.

Burnley are showing how it can be done on a small budget

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024