Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THE AFTERMATH 11:23 - Feb 25 with 15619 viewsNotLoyal

English Football Championship
Swansea City v Bristol City
Saturday 27th February 2021
Kick off 3pm
Liberty Stadium

TV : SWANS TV
RADIO : BBC RADIO WALES & TALK SPORT 2

Match officials
KEITH STROUD
Jonathan Hunt and Sam Lewis
Fourth Official : Scott Tallis

It’s good to see Keith from Stroud in charge of this game, he hasn’t got that far to drive and can get a lift back on the Bristol City team coach if he parks up on the M4/M5 junction. Lovely kebab van near there too, think about it Keith, it’s definitely an option pal.

Keith from Stroud will probably park up near the kebab van next to the M4/M5 and jump on the Wurzel bus to the Liberty

Stroud last officiated a swans game on December 2nd 2020 when Middlesbrough beat the swans 2-1. He booked Grimes and Dhanda that day because he was scared of Neil Warnock. Steve Cooper didn’t bother him that much, but that was before Andy Woolmer went looking for it. We do have information that Stroud is now a bit concerned about this game because he doesn’t like Cooper either. We think, it might not be true, but if it is then it’s almost certainly correct. Stroud was also the ref for the first leg play off against Brentford last year, that night he went a bit nuts, but recovered well enough to drive home.

Stroud always kisses the ball and has avoided Covid all season by drinking a litre of turpentine before and after each match

Obviously all of us here at Swansea Independent urge you not to drink turpentine, unless you are in Newcastle with Hoddle and Waddle singing their number one classic tune about cleaning paint brushes in the fog.

Matches against Bristol City generally close affairs except the 2005 game which the swans won 7-1. The robins manager, Brian Tinnion, sat on the away bench after the game for three days, he was eventually removed by court order.

Brian Tin Tin Tinnion no relation to Stephen Tin Tin Duffy, but equally as shit

Cardiff City’s main rivals, Bristol City visit the Liberty and will have to drive past Cardiff on the M4 which will of course terrify them, what with this big rivalry between the two clubs that isn’t. This game would have been ear marked for an easy three points a few weeks ago, but much has changed. Nigel Pearson, that throat grabbing box of fun is the newly appointed manager and the Robins as they are known have new orange chests and feathers.

New robins manager Nigel ‘the strangler get a grip on yourself ‘ Pearson

Bristol City are commonly known as the fans who don’t turn up alongside Cardiff who are the fans who make things up, and East Stirlingshire who are in Scotland. Incredibly the dialect in Bristol is known as Wurzel, we had a look at typical sayings in Wurzel Bristol, and they basically were the same as everywhere else, which almost places them in the ‘making things up’ bracket with Cardiff.

They played for both sides

Lee Trundle

Steve Torpey

There are others but I can’t be bothered.

Early team news

Swansea City
Kyle Naughton suffered an injury during the second half against Coventry City. Wayne Routledge is still out as is Liam Cullen. It’s looking like Ryan Bennett won’t make this game either which is a huge blow again for the swans.

The swans ( as we know them ) have won eight of their last eleven league games, drawing two and losing only one. The club by all accounts is in crisis.

Burzle City
The tractor will be somewhat empty as Angela Lansbury is out, as is Alfie Mawson. Weimann is also out and a bloke called O’Dowda. And another bloke called Martin and Dasilva too. Oh, and that Watkins fella.

Bristol City won last time out 3-1 at Middlesbrough. They lost the previous seven matches on the bounce. The last time they won was 2-1 against Huddersfield Town in January, yes them.

Current League Table

More to follow most likely.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 21:05 - Feb 25 with 3754 viewsAndyCole

You're right, if Bennett is out will be a huge blow as Bristol will be looking to push us deep from the off and target our young defence. Pearson will have them fired up to unsettle our defence and deep pivot. If Naughton is also out (who bossed our defensive line in Bennett's absence) we could be massively on the backfoot.

They will also look to pack the midfield and negate our WBs out wide, especially our right-side. Cooper is clearly looking to fine tune his response to these teams who set up to counter us. Grimes and CH have the tools to counter. Smith is a must and will be chomping at the bit for this one. As is Manning who may well add some celtic devil with CH down our left flank.

Would like to see Whittaker let loose from the off, with Lowe as impact later on. Whittaker always puts in a shift and has and eye for goal.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 21:32 - Feb 25 with 3734 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 21:05 - Feb 25 by AndyCole

You're right, if Bennett is out will be a huge blow as Bristol will be looking to push us deep from the off and target our young defence. Pearson will have them fired up to unsettle our defence and deep pivot. If Naughton is also out (who bossed our defensive line in Bennett's absence) we could be massively on the backfoot.

They will also look to pack the midfield and negate our WBs out wide, especially our right-side. Cooper is clearly looking to fine tune his response to these teams who set up to counter us. Grimes and CH have the tools to counter. Smith is a must and will be chomping at the bit for this one. As is Manning who may well add some celtic devil with CH down our left flank.

Would like to see Whittaker let loose from the off, with Lowe as impact later on. Whittaker always puts in a shift and has and eye for goal.

I like Thornbury’s idea of playing Hourihane off Ayew ( dropping Lowe) with Grimes Smith & Fulton the midfield 3.

& awesome MDT as always Loyal 👍
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 21:34]
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 22:03 - Feb 25 with 3705 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 21:05 - Feb 25 by AndyCole

Two weeks apparently.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 22:23 - Feb 25 with 3677 viewsthornabyswan

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 22:03 - Feb 25 by NotLoyal

Two weeks apparently.

Hopefully Naughton is ok then will struggle if both are out.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 10:21 - Feb 26 with 3462 viewsonehunglow

Morning AC.
And that is why Woody has to take charge and avoid dropping the ball 3 yrds to full backs who WILL be under immediate pressure.
Steve will surely have factored this in and I expect a win.3-1

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 10:52 - Feb 26 with 3435 viewsSwans9

With Norwich v Brentford coming in midweek 3 points would be massive.
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 11:08 - Feb 26 with 3418 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 21:32 - Feb 25 by pencoedjack

I like Thornbury’s idea of playing Hourihane off Ayew ( dropping Lowe) with Grimes Smith & Fulton the midfield 3.

Oi, I said that!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 11:56 - Feb 26 with 3391 viewsBadlands

If Naughton is out I think Lati might struggle to keep focus.
If Bennett is out Cabango will take charge as he did on Wednesday.
Ideally
Cabango Bennett Guehi
(Worst case scenario imo - Roberts Latibeaudiere Guehi Bidwell)
For me
The line up, if fit, would be

................ Woodman (unless Hamer has shown up in training and then I'd give the new boy a chance)
Cabango Bennett Guehi
.Roberts ..................................Manning
..........Smith ..... Hourihane .... Fulton
............ Ayew ........ Whittaker

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 12:06 - Feb 26 with 3387 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 11:08 - Feb 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Oi, I said that!!!

Apologies Bryn

I like your idea.
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 12:12 - Feb 26 with 3381 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 11:56 - Feb 26 by Badlands

If Naughton is out I think Lati might struggle to keep focus.
If Bennett is out Cabango will take charge as he did on Wednesday.
Ideally
Cabango Bennett Guehi
(Worst case scenario imo - Roberts Latibeaudiere Guehi Bidwell)
For me
The line up, if fit, would be

................ Woodman (unless Hamer has shown up in training and then I'd give the new boy a chance)
Cabango Bennett Guehi
.Roberts ..................................Manning
..........Smith ..... Hourihane .... Fulton
............ Ayew ........ Whittaker

Grimes has got be in there..also why would you say Lati would struggle to keep focus?...
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 13:30 - Feb 26 with 3301 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 12:12 - Feb 26 by angryjack

Grimes has got be in there..also why would you say Lati would struggle to keep focus?...

Grimes MoM on Wednesday but very inconsistent and slows the game to walking pace.
Lati, when he has played more than a cameo just seems to have periods where he's not focussed, possibly needs more time with players around him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:13 - Feb 26 with 3255 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 13:30 - Feb 26 by Badlands

Grimes MoM on Wednesday but very inconsistent and slows the game to walking pace.
Lati, when he has played more than a cameo just seems to have periods where he's not focussed, possibly needs more time with players around him.

I d have Lati unfocused before Naughton focused .

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:17 - Feb 26 with 3256 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:13 - Feb 26 by onehunglow

You continue to show you lack of understanding

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:21 - Feb 26 with 3252 viewsploppy

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:13 - Feb 26 by onehunglow

Lati has been guilty of giving the ball away in dangerous situations when he's tried to play out from the back. Can't remember the exact games.

Personally, I like Naughton. He's very composed on the ball - much like Rangel used to be - and calms everything down. Defensively, I don't know if there's much to choose between them.
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 3248 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:17 - Feb 26 by vetchonian

You continue to show you lack of understanding

You continue to show ill judgement and lack of tolerance.
You defend Woody out of sympathy and Cooper out of "loyalty" yet you blithely ignore just how inadequate Naughton is and has been for some time.A player guaranteed to screw up and/or put his teammate in danger as he did with Woody on Wednesday.

Sometime,you have to accept what you believe and judge might not be the case. We are discussing opinions of a minor nature and not future Armageddon in prospect.

Try a little respect.

Try a little tenderness

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:33 - Feb 26 with 3193 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 14:21 - Feb 26 by ploppy

Lati has been guilty of giving the ball away in dangerous situations when he's tried to play out from the back. Can't remember the exact games.

Personally, I like Naughton. He's very composed on the ball - much like Rangel used to be - and calms everything down. Defensively, I don't know if there's much to choose between them.

Naughton composed?whenever under pressure or nothing on jus t kicks anywhere most time just down line anywhere,when he could just turn around and go back to keeper and start again..can be a liability as well as we have already seen this season..
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:40 - Feb 26 with 3182 viewsploppy

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:33 - Feb 26 by angryjack

Naughton composed?whenever under pressure or nothing on jus t kicks anywhere most time just down line anywhere,when he could just turn around and go back to keeper and start again..can be a liability as well as we have already seen this season..

We obviously watch different games.
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 16:44 - Feb 26 with 3117 viewsKeithHaynes

Latest

Defensive conundrum for Cooper & Marsh before Bristol City game. Ryan Bennett ruled out 26th Feb 2021 16:20
Injuries are taking their toll, especially during games with Kyle Naughton battling for fitness after being taken off on Wednesday night and Ryan Bennett definitely ruled out and continuing to recover from a calf strain. Both injuries have come in game time in recent weeks. With Wayne Routledge and Liam Cullen also injured during recent matches - as well as Jordan Morris, out for the season, options are becoming limited in the Swansea City squad. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 17:07 - Feb 26 with 3087 views34dfgdf54

Whittaker always puts a shift in, what are you basing that on or are you just randomly making stuff up again?
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 17:10 - Feb 26 with 3083 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 15:33 - Feb 26 by angryjack

I agree with this to be honest, I like Naughton but he’s overrated by our fan base in terms of ball playing, his passing can be awful, especially when closed down as you say

Cabango .... Bennett..... Guehi

That’s the best 3 imo but I have no qualms in Lati or Naughts coming in, all showed this year they know how to defend, very well too.
Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 17:22 - Feb 26 with 3073 viewsonehunglow

He s not compose merely slow and indecisive .

That he too has man love is even more depressing.

He should ,like Routledge and Dyer never been given another contract.

Plenty better out there.

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 17:35 - Feb 26 with 3065 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 17:22 - Feb 26 by onehunglow

Plenty better out there.

Dyer is a free agent, maybe we should sign him 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 17:38 - Feb 26 with 3059 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 17:35 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

Dyer is a free agent, maybe we should sign him 😉

I’d rather Danny .

Come to think of it,Danny Kaye in his pomp

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 18:47 - Feb 26 with 3025 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread FRIDAY UPDATE on 17:22 - Feb 26 by onehunglow

Plenty better out there.

as i have said elsewhere people need to go back and watch the highlights...especially Wednesdays gane where Naughtons composure,passing and movement are displayed. .like others he has his off days...gets stick as he is ofren covering for connor roberts

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 19:50 - Feb 26 with 2951 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Bristol City: Matchday Thread THURS EVENING UPDATE on 21:32 - Feb 25 by pencoedjack

CH off Ayew is an idea, lets face it if Bristol pack the midfield and try to outwork us then CH won't help. But in anadvanced creative role he could be in the killer position.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024