Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC a disgrace 09:37 - Feb 28 with 2950 viewstrampie

Shocking behaviour by the British Broadcasting Corporation during the Wales v England six nations match yesterday, Sonja McLaughlin to my mind tried to trigger both captains and both coaches into saying England was robbed, I think she even used the word robbed to one of them.
See has apparently tweeted that she is sitting in her car crying at the alleged online abuse she is taking, she should not suffer online abuse that is wrong but she is deserving of criticism, as is the Beeb regarding the match.

Wales won far and square (by 16pts), Bigger did not signal a kick at goal and when the ref put his arm up and blew the whistle he played on, it was England's fault.
Zammit fumbled the ball and instantly reacted like he had blown a try, but the ball was behind him and an England player inadvertently knocked it towards his own try-line and Wales scored, as soon as I seen the reply I said it was a try, I knew the ref would have to talk it through with the tmo and it was likely to be a try, although if it had not been given I would not have argued.
The final pass for Watson's try for England looked forward but they never checked it.
Itoje for England should have seen yellow for persistent infringements.
There was no robbery, Wales won fair and square.

The commentators were wrong and the ref right on so many occasions, Jonathan Davies was a disgrace saying the ref was MOTM and going on about there are no knock-on's in this particular game etc, underlined by Hardy getting down the wing and being tackled by the last man with the ball flying forward over the England try-line and they started the knock-on nonsence when the reply showed the England defender punched the ball over his own try-line in the tackle, Butler realised at the last minute and moved on as ironically there was a knock-on earlier on and they went back for that.

Will English rugby and the English media now try and ruin the refs career, unfortunately i would not put it past them.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

BBC a disgrace on 10:04 - Feb 28 with 1330 viewsraynor94

Yet on the Biggar incident, Both Johnson and Warburton call it an appalling decision, and neither would be happy with it.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

BBC a disgrace on 10:09 - Feb 28 with 1318 viewstrampie

BBC a disgrace on 10:04 - Feb 28 by raynor94

Yet on the Biggar incident, Both Johnson and Warburton call it an appalling decision, and neither would be happy with it.

They both work for the BBC and the BBC is the English broadcasting corporation in all but name.

The ref restarted the game and England were not facing up their opposite numbers, it was England's own fault and they paid the price.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

BBC a disgrace on 10:35 - Feb 28 with 1297 viewsCatullus

I can tell you where you're wrong, the post match discussion highlighted the ref telling Farrell he had time to talk to his team so they huddled up, they had only just finished their huddle and hadn't got into position when Wales re-started and scored.

If that had been the other way around we would have been furious.

The Zammit knock on, they got it right, the ball didn't hit the ground until after the English player had kicked it.

Englands big downfall was their lack of discipline, giving away numerous penalties when they were in good positions and allowing us to open up a gap.

It's the commentators job to stir the pot, to get reactions. We want something interesting, not bland and boring.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

BBC a disgrace on 10:41 - Feb 28 with 1292 viewsWhiterockin

BBC a disgrace on 10:35 - Feb 28 by Catullus

I can tell you where you're wrong, the post match discussion highlighted the ref telling Farrell he had time to talk to his team so they huddled up, they had only just finished their huddle and hadn't got into position when Wales re-started and scored.

The Zammit knock on, they got it right, the ball didn't hit the ground until after the English player had kicked it.

Englands big downfall was their lack of discipline, giving away numerous penalties when they were in good positions and allowing us to open up a gap.

It's the commentators job to stir the pot, to get reactions. We want something interesting, not bland and boring.

100% correct. But if Zammit wasn't so fast it could well have been a knock on.
BBC a disgrace on 10:53 - Feb 28 with 1275 viewsJoe_bradshaw

BBC a disgrace on 10:35 - Feb 28 by Catullus

He didn’t tell Farrell he had time to talk to his team.

He said “Have a word with your team. Change your behaviour. Too many infringements”

Refs say that all the time and more often than not the captain strolls back and days nothing to anyone. It was not an invitation to have a team meeting under the posts and call the water carriers on (which only the ref can allow). They didn’t comprehend that anything other than a kick at goal was going to happen and were caught with their pants down. They didn’t learn their lesson either because the third Welsh try was another instance where England gave a penalty away close to their own line and expected Wales to kick the three points. They completely switched off and quick thinking Hardy strolled through them. They’re angry with a number of things but they are probably angry with themselves more than anything and they’re lashing out.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

BBC a disgrace on 11:05 - Feb 28 with 1257 viewsWhiterockin

BBC a disgrace on 10:53 - Feb 28 by Joe_bradshaw

He said “Have a word with your team. Change your behaviour. Too many infringements”

Refs say that all the time and more often than not the captain strolls back and days nothing to anyone. It was not an invitation to have a team meeting under the posts and call the water carriers on (which only the ref can allow). They didn’t comprehend that anything other than a kick at goal was going to happen and were caught with their pants down. They didn’t learn their lesson either because the third Welsh try was another instance where England gave a penalty away close to their own line and expected Wales to kick the three points. They completely switched off and quick thinking Hardy strolled through them. They’re angry with a number of things but they are probably angry with themselves more than anything and they’re lashing out.

French referee Pascal Gauzere told him to tell his team to "change their behaviour" and said "time off" indicating that the clock was stopped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56226624
BBC a disgrace on 11:17 - Feb 28 with 1231 viewsCatullus

He said "time off" which means the clock is stopped.

Again, if it had happened to us we'd be fuming but "as long as we beat the English" I guess!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

BBC a disgrace on 11:20 - Feb 28 with 1220 viewstrampie

BBC a disgrace on 11:17 - Feb 28 by Catullus

Again, if it had happened to us we'd be fuming but "as long as we beat the English" I guess!

He blew his whistle and said time on.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 11:20]

Login to get fewer ads

BBC a disgrace on 11:23 - Feb 28 with 1211 viewsTreforys_Jack

BBC a disgrace on 11:05 - Feb 28 by Whiterockin

French referee Pascal Gauzere told him to tell his team to "change their behaviour" and said "time off" indicating that the clock was stopped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56226624

Great behaviour from Farrell when being interviewed, it was poor technique from the interviewer. Very amateurish. Poor decision for Josh Adams try, however the rest of the game looked fine to me.
Best pundit/co-commentator for me is Brian Moore, which is odd as I despised him as a player.
BBC a disgrace on 11:28 - Feb 28 with 1185 viewsmax936

Jonny may and a couple of other's had formed to the right of the post's Watson was dawdling, water carriers shouldn't have been either, it was a tough call but it was the right call, if England had, had their wits about them it may not have happened.

Lee Jarivs did a similar job while playing for Neath v Munster at the Gnoll, Ref invited him to play on from a penalty and Munster were sleeping and he tapped and went over.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

BBC a disgrace on 11:30 - Feb 28 with 1177 viewspikeypaul

Can see it both ways, happy it went for us this time.

Reasons can be made both ways for the tries to be allowed or not.

I doubt the tramp would have posted his arguments if the tries had been awarded to the English, in fact his views would spin 180 degrees.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

BBC a disgrace on 11:30 - Feb 28 with 1174 viewsCatullus

BBC a disgrace on 11:20 - Feb 28 by trampie

He blew his whistle and said time on.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 11:20]

Yes, he stopped the clock, told Farrell to talk to his team and before he'd finished and England could reset he started the game and we scored.

Again, if he'd done it to us we'd be furious but it was England so to some people it's just fine.
Swings and roundabouts is the best attitude, didn't a part French refereee rob us against France in a world cup semi, Alain Rolland.

BBC a disgrace on 11:31 - Feb 28 with 1173 viewstrampie

Brian Moore should never ever be a commentator on the BBC due to his biasness for England and against everyone else, I admit that he has been good behaviour wise for a good few years now but how he kept his job in the past I will never ever know "I don't care he is French" and "gay slap" etc etc.
Eddie Butler saying to him on umpteen different occasions "watch the reply Brian" then saying it again but louder to try and stop his biasness when he is clearly wrong that is when he comes out with the "I don't care" line, but somebody must have had a word with him because he has improved.

BBC a disgrace on 11:32 - Feb 28 with 1172 viewsJoe_bradshaw

BBC a disgrace on 11:17 - Feb 28 by Catullus

We would have beaten them anyway.

For the Adams try if it had been disallowed we would have kicked three simple points and we had a penalty in the offing at the time of the second try so that would have been another three points from a simple kick. Much of the media claiming it was a 14 point swing but it wasn’t, it was an 8 point swing.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

BBC a disgrace on 11:36 - Feb 28 with 1152 viewstrampie

BBC a disgrace on 11:30 - Feb 28 by Catullus

Yes, he stopped the clock, told Farrell to talk to his team and before he'd finished and England could reset he started the game and we scored.

Again, if he'd done it to us we'd be furious but it was England so to some people it's just fine.
Swings and roundabouts is the best attitude, didn't a part French refereee rob us against France in a world cup semi, Alain Rolland.

He restarted the game, it's normal to stop the game, then restart the game, the game doesn't stay stopped forever and the ref restarted the game it was England's own fault they were not facing up.

BBC a disgrace on 11:41 - Feb 28 with 1132 viewsmax936

BBC a disgrace on 11:30 - Feb 28 by Catullus

The biggest decision was to send Warburton off for a tip tackle, but we can't have any complaints over that, although a few of his other decision's were poor.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

BBC a disgrace on 11:58 - Feb 28 with 1099 viewstrampie

BBC a disgrace on 11:41 - Feb 28 by max936

The biggest decision was to send Warburton off for a tip tackle, but we can't have any complaints over that, although a few of his other decision's were poor.

They appointed someone ref France in a world cup semi against Wales with a half French referee, his father is French, he speaks French, in sport you need to be fair yes but you also need to be seen to be fair the authorities should never have appointed him, Wales would have won that WC otherwise.

BBC a disgrace on 12:06 - Feb 28 with 1093 viewsraynor94

The water carriers were on

BBC a disgrace on 12:11 - Feb 28 with 1079 viewspikeypaul

When a penalty is awarded the beneficiaries are allowed water carriers on and to make substitutions the offending team are not, English water carriers had no place on the pitch.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 12:36]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

BBC a disgrace on 12:36 - Feb 28 with 1046 viewsGwyn737

Just rewatched the post match interviews, and apart from asking Alun-Wyn whether he should have intervened with the ref after the Adams try (which was a really daft question), I though she asked the questions that needed to be asked.

Brian Moore is a superb colour commentator - best out there by a mile in my opinion. Unbiased and generous with his praise.

Still, none of the controversy has marred my celebrations. I’m having to carbo load after a good drink last night.
BBC a disgrace on 12:40 - Feb 28 with 1044 viewsTreforys_Jack

Trampie, your ridiculously skewed bias is hilarious, I'd love to go for a pint with you. Anything remotely English is shite.....
BBC a disgrace on 12:45 - Feb 28 with 1039 viewsFireboy2

The ref stopped the clock for his chat to farrell and started it after biggar asked him to, I'm sure that he should have told farrell as well but didnt so imo the first try should not have been awarded.

The second try was legit as the ball didnt hit the ground, a rule that exists in ru not in league, bit silly really as every rugby player knows it was a knock on all day long.

Fair dos to the saes they came back into the game but then let themselves down with their discipline but that was because we played well enough to make them give the penalties away.

Its looking like we are finally starting to get it together, they are starting to look dangerous with ball in hand and seem to be playing for each other which is good to see.

The acid test will be against the french as they are the form team and they haveva certain Mr Edwards in charge of their defence, it will be interesting how the game will go, at least we have the game against the Italians to practise some moves, if we dispatch them with ease I quite fancy us as we have a certain alun wyn jones as our captain who has been there and done it.
BBC a disgrace on 12:59 - Feb 28 with 1007 viewstrampie

BBC a disgrace on 12:45 - Feb 28 by Fireboy2

The ref stopped the clock for his chat to farrell and started it after biggar asked him to, I'm sure that he should have told farrell as well but didnt so imo the first try should not have been awarded.

The second try was legit as the ball didnt hit the ground, a rule that exists in ru not in league, bit silly really as every rugby player knows it was a knock on all day long.

Fair dos to the saes they came back into the game but then let themselves down with their discipline but that was because we played well enough to make them give the penalties away.

Its looking like we are finally starting to get it together, they are starting to look dangerous with ball in hand and seem to be playing for each other which is good to see.

The acid test will be against the french as they are the form team and they haveva certain Mr Edwards in charge of their defence, it will be interesting how the game will go, at least we have the game against the Italians to practise some moves, if we dispatch them with ease I quite fancy us as we have a certain alun wyn jones as our captain who has been there and done it.

Refs don't have to go seeking captains out to say they are restating the game, it's all done with a whistle and arm movements, which Gauzere did.

BBC a disgrace on 13:02 - Feb 28 with 998 viewstrampie

BBC a disgrace on 12:36 - Feb 28 by Gwyn737

Just rewatched the post match interviews, and apart from asking Alun-Wyn whether he should have intervened with the ref after the Adams try (which was a really daft question), I though she asked the questions that needed to be asked.

Brian Moore is a superb colour commentator - best out there by a mile in my opinion. Unbiased and generous with his praise.

Still, none of the controversy has marred my celebrations. I’m having to carbo load after a good drink last night.

Brian Moore is the most biased on the planet, he is notorious for it, I will cut him some slack and say he has cut it out for the last few years but how that man has a job with the British Broadcasting Corporation when the broadcast to N.Ireland, Scotland and Wales with license fee payers in those locations I will never know.

BBC a disgrace on 13:07 - Feb 28 with 984 viewsraynor94

BBC a disgrace on 12:40 - Feb 28 by Treforys_Jack

Trampie, your ridiculously skewed bias is hilarious, I'd love to go for a pint with you. Anything remotely English is shite.....

It's xenophobia at it's finest!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024