Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React 13:35 - Mar 2 with 1203 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match Reaction & Match Preview 2nd Mar 2021 13:30
It’s been a somewhat unfortunate three weeks at best, the energy has gone, the desire apparently is lacking, and by all accounts Swansea City haven’t got it in them as individuals, and as a team to maintain their goal of premier league football. 1

All is under the microscope today, click above for the article.
Click below to sub to us on Twitter

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 12:57 - Mar 3 with 237 viewsonehunglow

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 12:49 - Mar 3 by Badlands

A well reasoned comment ... but, Cooper has not learned anything during his time with us, same mistakes, same pattern, same failure to take advantage of teams by defending 1 goal leads, throwing on a sub or two so late the sometimes barely get to touch the ball, playing people out of position ( or secondary positions), blaming others or situations, retaining favourite player no matter how the perform and ignoring those he isn't keen on.
He and his team have brought in some good players on loan but they have not lived up to expectation; aside from Guehi who took months to get up to scratch which loan youngster has improved or improved us?
With this squad we should be winning games comfortably not hanging on, we should be managing games we have a slender lead in rather than hanging on, we should not be getting humbled because our manager is too limited or slow to make changes that keep us in charge of games.
We have 'no rights' and this 'league is difficult' don't cut it given the quality of this squad.

At the start of this season,Cooper should have signed or loaned a full on experienced striker as well as a keeper of size,statue and maturity. To expect kids like Ben and Marc to simply do the job of experienced defenders was dumb.Bennett was a good signing but seems injury prone and without him we struggle.

Not to have signed a striker in the window is criminal .I say not because Whittaker seems another to simply warm the bench . A kid who will be keen to perform.Like Brewster really.

Cooper is simply incredible in all the wrong ways . His denouement will shock. Trust me, many are going to be shattered come May.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 13:35 - Mar 3 with 215 viewsvetchonian

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 12:49 - Mar 3 by Badlands

A well reasoned comment ... but, Cooper has not learned anything during his time with us, same mistakes, same pattern, same failure to take advantage of teams by defending 1 goal leads, throwing on a sub or two so late the sometimes barely get to touch the ball, playing people out of position ( or secondary positions), blaming others or situations, retaining favourite player no matter how the perform and ignoring those he isn't keen on.
He and his team have brought in some good players on loan but they have not lived up to expectation; aside from Guehi who took months to get up to scratch which loan youngster has improved or improved us?
With this squad we should be winning games comfortably not hanging on, we should be managing games we have a slender lead in rather than hanging on, we should not be getting humbled because our manager is too limited or slow to make changes that keep us in charge of games.
We have 'no rights' and this 'league is difficult' don't cut it given the quality of this squad.

If the tactics are to defend a 1 goal lead why is it 10 out of the 17 games we have won ahve been won by 2 claear goals...did we sit back away to Cardiff? What was the final score?

Yes Coopers approach is not to lose once we are in winning postion 3 points is 3 points whether you score 1 or 8.
I have offered explanations as to why he may be frugal with his use of subs...also as to why his approach to game management ie "not losing" may be driven form the target he has been set by his bosses ie promotion to do so he needs to win if that means not always playing the "pretty" ootabll we fans expect from a Swans side then that is what he weill do.
He has had stick for not giving Jordan Morris more minutes...how do we know he was ready and fit for a full 90 mins when he arrived, I expect our sports science and medical staff gave him a once over and maybe it was felt his fitness levels etc were not adequate..as always we are not always fully aware of the facts.....he did put Hourihane straight in so makes you think..

Unfortuneately too many people have it in for Cooper....and I am not so blind I cannot see. If he was crap he wouldnt still be here...if he was that crap he wouldnt have got us into the play offs in his first season, and had us with a real shout of automatic promotion this season.

He doesnt match some fans profile of a Swans manager and therefore he is "fair game".
As I keep repeating he was not outsmarted bty Pearson on Saturday despite all the shouting bout the fact Pearson made a change to his formation to which some fans have accused Cooper of not reacting to? But why.....yes we were given the full freedom we enjoyed in the first 45 mins but withihn 20 mins we had gone 1 nil up...we were ahead,and certainly wewre not being overrun by Bristol City with us defedning for our lives....all was well until we gifted them a goal. During whihc time Cooper and Marsh were evaluating what to do.....the TV showed this discussion just before the opening BC goal.
Should we win our two games in hand we will be 2nd in the league so given the quazlity if this squad is where you believe we should be.Had we been able to convert the scoring opportunities we created into goals on Saturday we would be even better placed.....and therein lies the issue we lack what our cousins up the road have an out and out goal scorer...we have been unable to grt one ...maybe Morris was it but obviously his "fitness" wasnt up to it.

I keep saying ita all about opinions, look back at Coopers hisstory when he managed a World Cup winning side, he seemed to make subs etc differently then...how do we know what "boundaries" he is working within from his bosses......

I dont think we have been "hanging " on in many games .....even when there was just one goal in it.....Coventry and Notts Forest were tight yes but even in the second half of the Coventry game we made several attacks including moves starting in our own box....but people choose to ignore that as it doesnt fit their narrative. Just as if we had been sitting back on Saturday after going 1 up then surely Roberts would have been behind the ball and would have been in the frame when Bristol scored their goal ...only he wasnt he was up the pitch in Bristols half in front of the ball...even with his lightening pace he hadnt got back to help defend from the cross, so tell me why was he in an attcking position if our managers plan is to sit back and defend once we go 1 up?
Yes our captain at that point slowed things down went sideways and backwards...but I dont think we were "sitting " back.
Geuhi is now blossoming and even on Saturday was found in attacking positions, last Season Callagher and Brewster improved us ....or didnt they?
And you cant have it all ways you cannot say this squad should be winning games comfortably and then insinuate Coopers young players he has brought in on Loan....( actually the only "young" loanees are Woodman and Geuhi) we have brought Lati, Whittaker here on Permenant as with Lowe....are not cutting it!

As I say its all about opinions and we all have them.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 13:36 - Mar 3 with 212 viewsonehunglow

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 13:35 - Mar 3 by vetchonian

If the tactics are to defend a 1 goal lead why is it 10 out of the 17 games we have won ahve been won by 2 claear goals...did we sit back away to Cardiff? What was the final score?

Yes Coopers approach is not to lose once we are in winning postion 3 points is 3 points whether you score 1 or 8.
I have offered explanations as to why he may be frugal with his use of subs...also as to why his approach to game management ie "not losing" may be driven form the target he has been set by his bosses ie promotion to do so he needs to win if that means not always playing the "pretty" ootabll we fans expect from a Swans side then that is what he weill do.
He has had stick for not giving Jordan Morris more minutes...how do we know he was ready and fit for a full 90 mins when he arrived, I expect our sports science and medical staff gave him a once over and maybe it was felt his fitness levels etc were not adequate..as always we are not always fully aware of the facts.....he did put Hourihane straight in so makes you think..

Unfortuneately too many people have it in for Cooper....and I am not so blind I cannot see. If he was crap he wouldnt still be here...if he was that crap he wouldnt have got us into the play offs in his first season, and had us with a real shout of automatic promotion this season.

He doesnt match some fans profile of a Swans manager and therefore he is "fair game".
As I keep repeating he was not outsmarted bty Pearson on Saturday despite all the shouting bout the fact Pearson made a change to his formation to which some fans have accused Cooper of not reacting to? But why.....yes we were given the full freedom we enjoyed in the first 45 mins but withihn 20 mins we had gone 1 nil up...we were ahead,and certainly wewre not being overrun by Bristol City with us defedning for our lives....all was well until we gifted them a goal. During whihc time Cooper and Marsh were evaluating what to do.....the TV showed this discussion just before the opening BC goal.
Should we win our two games in hand we will be 2nd in the league so given the quazlity if this squad is where you believe we should be.Had we been able to convert the scoring opportunities we created into goals on Saturday we would be even better placed.....and therein lies the issue we lack what our cousins up the road have an out and out goal scorer...we have been unable to grt one ...maybe Morris was it but obviously his "fitness" wasnt up to it.

I keep saying ita all about opinions, look back at Coopers hisstory when he managed a World Cup winning side, he seemed to make subs etc differently then...how do we know what "boundaries" he is working within from his bosses......

I dont think we have been "hanging " on in many games .....even when there was just one goal in it.....Coventry and Notts Forest were tight yes but even in the second half of the Coventry game we made several attacks including moves starting in our own box....but people choose to ignore that as it doesnt fit their narrative. Just as if we had been sitting back on Saturday after going 1 up then surely Roberts would have been behind the ball and would have been in the frame when Bristol scored their goal ...only he wasnt he was up the pitch in Bristols half in front of the ball...even with his lightening pace he hadnt got back to help defend from the cross, so tell me why was he in an attcking position if our managers plan is to sit back and defend once we go 1 up?
Yes our captain at that point slowed things down went sideways and backwards...but I dont think we were "sitting " back.
Geuhi is now blossoming and even on Saturday was found in attacking positions, last Season Callagher and Brewster improved us ....or didnt they?
And you cant have it all ways you cannot say this squad should be winning games comfortably and then insinuate Coopers young players he has brought in on Loan....( actually the only "young" loanees are Woodman and Geuhi) we have brought Lati, Whittaker here on Permenant as with Lowe....are not cutting it!

As I say its all about opinions and we all have them.

Indeed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 22:56 - Mar 3 with 169 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 12:57 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

At the start of this season,Cooper should have signed or loaned a full on experienced striker as well as a keeper of size,statue and maturity. To expect kids like Ben and Marc to simply do the job of experienced defenders was dumb.Bennett was a good signing but seems injury prone and without him we struggle.

Not to have signed a striker in the window is criminal .I say not because Whittaker seems another to simply warm the bench . A kid who will be keen to perform.Like Brewster really.

Cooper is simply incredible in all the wrong ways . His denouement will shock. Trust me, many are going to be shattered come May.

Copper is a great manager has impressed ever since he arrived and his team got better throughout last season and continued this season.

The Woodman haters should thank him tonight for keeping us in the game.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024