Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React 13:35 - Mar 2 with 1200 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match Reaction & Match Preview 2nd Mar 2021 13:30
It’s been a somewhat unfortunate three weeks at best, the energy has gone, the desire apparently is lacking, and by all accounts Swansea City haven’t got it in them as individuals, and as a team to maintain their goal of premier league football. 1

All is under the microscope today, click above for the article.
Click below to sub to us on Twitter

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 13:49 - Mar 2 with 948 viewsKeithHaynes

Back on line, no holds barred, lets hear your opinions ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 13:51 - Mar 2 with 936 viewsonehunglow

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 13:49 - Mar 2 by KeithHaynes

Back on line, no holds barred, lets hear your opinions ?

Really no holds barred

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 14:01 - Mar 2 with 924 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 13:51 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

Really no holds barred

A critical assessment of what is needed, a constructive analysis that reflects our position. No need for me to attack, undermine or take sides. Just to place my views on record, But no holds barred, that’s for you. go ahead.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 14:05 - Mar 2 with 902 viewsonehunglow

We're due a lovely walk down the Wirral way and wifey has her walking boots on so I really havent the time and anyway,it would only lead to more hate speech from the Posse suffice to say;
Cooper is a clown

Woody is by far the most loved but overated keeper in our history

Hoolie is as skillful as he is lazy or unfit

Ayew is now shot to pieces

Grimes is never a captain

Manning deserves more starts

Whittaker needs to start

Cooper needs to look at free agent market. I doubt if he's @rsed

Oim outta here Guv

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 14:10 - Mar 2 with 899 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 14:05 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

We're due a lovely walk down the Wirral way and wifey has her walking boots on so I really havent the time and anyway,it would only lead to more hate speech from the Posse suffice to say;
Cooper is a clown

Woody is by far the most loved but overated keeper in our history

Hoolie is as skillful as he is lazy or unfit

Ayew is now shot to pieces

Grimes is never a captain

Manning deserves more starts

Whittaker needs to start

Cooper needs to look at free agent market. I doubt if he's @rsed

Oim outta here Guv

Have a cup of tea and a kit Kat when you get back in, better to write on reflection than in haste.
Have a nice afternoon 👍

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 16:16 - Mar 2 with 822 viewsThornburyswan

Interesting article Keith & can see where you are coming from - a few points from me :-

1. My expectation at the outset of this season was upper mid-table with an outside shot at the play-offs - never understood & still don’t the minority of our fans that believe we should be strolling this league.
2. Very recently, probably driven by the stage of the season, way too much hyperbole on every incident in every match - we have a solid 5-3-2 formation that makes us difficult to beat but that’s about it, we are very limited going forward & have no real strategy other than to be tight at the back & try to nick a goal and hold on.
3. Cooper is doing an ok job up to now - but jury still out until the season end - if we were to get 2nd spot (very unlikely for me) clearly that would be an outstanding job, play-offs for me would be over achieving over the full season but noting the position we are in right now missing out on them come May would be a poor finish to the season.
4. Clearly I would want us to go up but we’d need a fundamental change in the squad - for me 10+ players in to give us any chance of staying up - or we try the long game that WBA & Norwich have gone with of up/down/back up philosophy.
5. Clearly second half on the weekend was very disappointing but impacted by poor individual mistakes - generally out of character for the side.
6. Cooper’s role is to pick the players up, get the mindset right & look to revert to plan we’ve seen for the majority of the season - not the best to watch & we are not a good enough side to dominate so will be the usual go out to defend well as a team & try to take advantage in the final third when the chance(s) come.

Whilst I too would like to see Smith, Manning & maybe Arriola get more game time I suspect tomorrow night will not be one for wholesale changes.
Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 16:33 - Mar 2 with 817 viewsCatullus

Tiredness, menatlly and physically IS playing a part. Maybe Coops needs to take a leaf out of Alex Fergusons book, Fergie took all the attention on himself, he made it about him and never let his players get blamed for anything, publicly. What went on in the dressing room was probably very different!
The expectation was bound to rise, as the results kept coming and the pundits talked about us more it was always going to see everyone expecting us to win games, success can be it's own enemy sometimes.
Cooper makes mistakes but being shouted down when you say so is wrong. Cooper is only human. The best thing to do is accept and acknowledge the mistakes and try to learn from them. Same for the players, isn't it true we learn more from our mistakes than anything else? It's the missed open goal or the stupid challenge that gives a penalty and costs the big game, these things stick in minds even more than the good things. People remember their mistakes so you can either learn from them or let them haunt you. By the end of the last game we looked haunted.
With a third of the season to go it's possible we'll miss the play offs too, I wouldn't be happy about it and I'd moan on here as much as anyone but I'd be back next season hoping for better. Even when we were totally rubbish I kept going, kept hoping for better.
If the expectation is too much forthe players then it is Coopers job to deal with it, if it's something else it's still his job to deal with it AND deal with any fallout from bad results. They all accept the plaudits, they have to accept the brickbats too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 16:54 - Mar 2 with 804 viewsonehunglow

It' entirely possible our season peters out so much we fail to even make the play offs.#
Hope Im wrong but right now,looking and listening to Steve and his love bugs ,it is possible.

Hope we can turn matters round starting at toke but we have been rather too comfortable

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 17:28 - Mar 2 with 792 viewsvetchonian

As I have said elsewhere I suggest we visit Robins TV and watch again the whole match in full.
The performance and the "football" overall from us is what most on here have been calling for.
That first 45 mins we dominated and created golden opportunities to score yet we couldnt convert them.
Second half we had to work harder but Bristol were certainly not in control and we gifted them 2 goals.
We played some good football in the second half again getting ionto thier box and creating chances but couldnt score.
I will be accused of a love in for Cooper...I have expressed lots of time my opinions on why he may be approaching things but overall to date he has exceeded expectations.
As someone else has said why many of our fan base believe we sgould be walking this league....look at Bournemouth they have kept the majority of their squad from the PL you would think the 3 relegated sides would be running away with the league but they arent!
We are still in with a shout if we keep performances as Saturdays we should get the results. This is what frustrates me all season Cooper has been accused of playing Dour football yet Saturday we put in a performance which if you watch it again is entertaining yet we lost and then because of that Cooper is again declared a clown....but why?

Still a long way to go ...that 2nd spot maybe less available but its still within our reach..put in a shift and performance like Saturday ,get our finishing boots on and dont gift silly goals and we should be ok

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 17:44 - Mar 2 with 773 viewsonehunglow

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 17:28 - Mar 2 by vetchonian

As I have said elsewhere I suggest we visit Robins TV and watch again the whole match in full.
The performance and the "football" overall from us is what most on here have been calling for.
That first 45 mins we dominated and created golden opportunities to score yet we couldnt convert them.
Second half we had to work harder but Bristol were certainly not in control and we gifted them 2 goals.
We played some good football in the second half again getting ionto thier box and creating chances but couldnt score.
I will be accused of a love in for Cooper...I have expressed lots of time my opinions on why he may be approaching things but overall to date he has exceeded expectations.
As someone else has said why many of our fan base believe we sgould be walking this league....look at Bournemouth they have kept the majority of their squad from the PL you would think the 3 relegated sides would be running away with the league but they arent!
We are still in with a shout if we keep performances as Saturdays we should get the results. This is what frustrates me all season Cooper has been accused of playing Dour football yet Saturday we put in a performance which if you watch it again is entertaining yet we lost and then because of that Cooper is again declared a clown....but why?

Still a long way to go ...that 2nd spot maybe less available but its still within our reach..put in a shift and performance like Saturday ,get our finishing boots on and dont gift silly goals and we should be ok

Long way indeed.

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 17:58 - Mar 2 with 766 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 17:28 - Mar 2 by vetchonian

I’m happy with five more wins from 15 games, it bags us a play off spot.

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 746 viewsCatullus

Maybe for some it's not so much that we lost, more that we lost a game we should have won comfortably?

There's what should or could have happened and there's what actually happened and the reasons for it.

This is why the debate on expectations. I don't expect us to walk the league, I do find it harder to accept the loss to Bristol after the way we played though. The loss to Huddersfield was easier to bear because we deserved it.

Now there is the expectation Cooper will fix things!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 18:27 - Mar 2 with 737 viewsonehunglow

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 18:23 - Mar 2 by Catullus

Maybe for some it's not so much that we lost, more that we lost a game we should have won comfortably?

There's what should or could have happened and there's what actually happened and the reasons for it.

This is why the debate on expectations. I don't expect us to walk the league, I do find it harder to accept the loss to Bristol after the way we played though. The loss to Huddersfield was easier to bear because we deserved it.

Bottom line is Cat we,ve been well beaten by sides who have been dire.
To me ,that is a concern.It is clearly not to others.

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 18:29 - Mar 2 with 739 viewsChief

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 18:23 - Mar 2 by Catullus

I'm the opposite. Can't say I'm happy with the Bristol City result but we played well enough to win it comfortably, to be undone by what i consider 2 freak goals. So I'm encouraged by the performance itself.

None of that applies to Huddersfield. We were awful throughout, couldn't take any positives out of it at all.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 18:36 - Mar 2 with 729 viewsshingle

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 18:27 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

Bottom line is Cat we,ve been well beaten by sides who have been dire.
To me ,that is a concern.It is clearly not to others.

Bottom line is we have been lucky and i mean lucky that other results have suited us and that we have won games where in reality due to our performances we should have lost, but sadly luck does not last.
Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 19:55 - Mar 2 with 693 viewsonehunglow

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 18:36 - Mar 2 by shingle

Bottom line is we have been lucky and i mean lucky that other results have suited us and that we have won games where in reality due to our performances we should have lost, but sadly luck does not last.

Brave post and exactly how I feel.

We played equally badly for 4 games

Scraped 2 wins and got tuffed by the other 2 teams who were in a terrible run of form.

Seems pretty obvious to me what's to do

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 19:59 - Mar 2 with 694 viewsraynor94

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 19:55 - Mar 2 by onehunglow

Brave post and exactly how I feel.

We played equally badly for 4 games

Scraped 2 wins and got tuffed by the other 2 teams who were in a terrible run of form.

Seems pretty obvious to me what's to do

Sack the manager?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 22:18 - Mar 2 with 632 viewsCatullus

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 18:36 - Mar 2 by shingle

The stats were put up inone of Keiths articles, they said that we had been over performing. So maybe things are just levelling out?

We were extremely clinical in front of goal and now we're not. we were extremely tight in defence and now we're not.
Whatever the reasons, those things are true. Is it unreasonable to speak the truth?

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 10:59 - Mar 3 with 549 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 22:18 - Mar 2 by Catullus

The stats were put up inone of Keiths articles, they said that we had been over performing. So maybe things are just levelling out?

We were extremely clinical in front of goal and now we're not. we were extremely tight in defence and now we're not.
Whatever the reasons, those things are true. Is it unreasonable to speak the truth?

Many people have said, well we played well, but what exactly does that mean? The Scum last night, had just 28% possession , yet had 11 shots on target and scored 4 times - admittedly Derby were shyte. We get 70% possession and have one or two shots on target

Teams let us have the ball knowing we can't do much damage when we have it.They sit back and let us pass it around hoping we will get frustrated and then hit us on the break or step up a gear for the second half.

We are not direct enough, we don't get forward fast enough and when we do we are shot shy.Apart from set pieces we don't get anywhere in the air

Our defence is fine, but we won't win many games with that
Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 11:13 - Mar 3 with 540 viewsvetchonian

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 10:59 - Mar 3 by controversial_jack

Many people have said, well we played well, but what exactly does that mean? The Scum last night, had just 28% possession , yet had 11 shots on target and scored 4 times - admittedly Derby were shyte. We get 70% possession and have one or two shots on target

Teams let us have the ball knowing we can't do much damage when we have it.They sit back and let us pass it around hoping we will get frustrated and then hit us on the break or step up a gear for the second half.

We are not direct enough, we don't get forward fast enough and when we do we are shot shy.Apart from set pieces we don't get anywhere in the air

Our defence is fine, but we won't win many games with that

Sort of agree with this already discussed last nights stats from the Cardiff game

As you say we had 70% posession on Saturday resulting in 21 shots 8 on target and one goal from a penalty yet we played the sort of football our fan base have been crying out for and saying Cooper couldnt play!

Yet Bristol with only 30% posession got 9 shots 4 on target and scored 3 goals.....
Funny how Cooper has been accused of being more direct ( hoof ball) rather than playing the tikka takka style.
We dont do it enough but when we do move the ball forwards quickly we look good it happended in the 2nd half V Coventry a few times one particular starting from Ben in our box with some great quick interpassing sending Grimes away then Lowe....ok we didint socre but it was a great move more of that we need....and then someone to convert the opportunity to goals

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 11:30 - Mar 3 with 537 views34dfgdf54

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 22:18 - Mar 2 by Catullus

I don't think we have been over performing, generally the results have been alot better than the performances had deserved.
Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 12:24 - Mar 3 with 511 viewsvetchonian

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 11:30 - Mar 3 by 34dfgdf54

I don't think we have been over performing, generally the results have been alot better than the performances had deserved.

Which points ot my earlier question which is more important result or performance and then define performance?
We must be "performing" to get results consistently having only lost 6 games (19.3%) though some say we have been lucky....what has been missing in peoples eyes are "performance" like Saturday especially the first 45 mins where we played the type of football so many on here keep on about , followed by some more but not as much of the same in the second half yet we lost.

It is all about perception...just beacuse we have ground out results by playing "safe" football we have not performed yet we put in performances a la Saturday and the critics still complain as we lost...

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 12:41 - Mar 3 with 496 viewsonehunglow

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 14:10 - Mar 2 by KeithHaynes

Have a cup of tea and a kit Kat when you get back in, better to write on reflection than in haste.
Have a nice afternoon 👍

You re right Guve.
I should have mentioned the much praise Kyle in dispatches

Now then.

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 12:49 - Mar 3 with 494 viewsBadlands

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 16:33 - Mar 2 by Catullus

Tiredness, menatlly and physically IS playing a part. Maybe Coops needs to take a leaf out of Alex Fergusons book, Fergie took all the attention on himself, he made it about him and never let his players get blamed for anything, publicly. What went on in the dressing room was probably very different!
The expectation was bound to rise, as the results kept coming and the pundits talked about us more it was always going to see everyone expecting us to win games, success can be it's own enemy sometimes.
Cooper makes mistakes but being shouted down when you say so is wrong. Cooper is only human. The best thing to do is accept and acknowledge the mistakes and try to learn from them. Same for the players, isn't it true we learn more from our mistakes than anything else? It's the missed open goal or the stupid challenge that gives a penalty and costs the big game, these things stick in minds even more than the good things. People remember their mistakes so you can either learn from them or let them haunt you. By the end of the last game we looked haunted.
With a third of the season to go it's possible we'll miss the play offs too, I wouldn't be happy about it and I'd moan on here as much as anyone but I'd be back next season hoping for better. Even when we were totally rubbish I kept going, kept hoping for better.
If the expectation is too much forthe players then it is Coopers job to deal with it, if it's something else it's still his job to deal with it AND deal with any fallout from bad results. They all accept the plaudits, they have to accept the brickbats too.

A well reasoned comment ... but, Cooper has not learned anything during his time with us, same mistakes, same pattern, same failure to take advantage of teams by defending 1 goal leads, throwing on a sub or two so late the sometimes barely get to touch the ball, playing people out of position ( or secondary positions), blaming others or situations, retaining favourite player no matter how the perform and ignoring those he isn't keen on.
He and his team have brought in some good players on loan but they have not lived up to expectation; aside from Guehi who took months to get up to scratch which loan youngster has improved or improved us?
With this squad we should be winning games comfortably not hanging on, we should be managing games we have a slender lead in rather than hanging on, we should not be getting humbled because our manager is too limited or slow to make changes that keep us in charge of games.
We have 'no rights' and this 'league is difficult' don't cut it given the quality of this squad.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 12:52 - Mar 3 with 491 views34dfgdf54

Swansea expectation is too much, it could actually end in disaster : Match React on 12:24 - Mar 3 by vetchonian

Which points ot my earlier question which is more important result or performance and then define performance?
We must be "performing" to get results consistently having only lost 6 games (19.3%) though some say we have been lucky....what has been missing in peoples eyes are "performance" like Saturday especially the first 45 mins where we played the type of football so many on here keep on about , followed by some more but not as much of the same in the second half yet we lost.

It is all about perception...just beacuse we have ground out results by playing "safe" football we have not performed yet we put in performances a la Saturday and the critics still complain as we lost...

I wouldn't say "lucky", Cooper and his coaching staff have got us seriously organised at the back, and we got into a habit of keeping clean sheets which is obviously excellent.

I just think the two strikers we have, who are both very good players, are shot to bits therefore we have become toothless up top, teams have worked out we rely solely on wing backs to create chances, which I can't believe hasn't happened sooner and we haven't got a plan B.

We do play safe football in my opinion, I don't like it, but I'm not dull enough to know this isn't a results business, on the other hand though when results dry up the manager gets less time.

Also agree about our performance against City first half, but I also realise that is a squad decimated by injuries, and when the goal was gifted to us, we did what we we always do and sit back and soak up pressure. Bit us big time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024