Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lita wants to come back to Swansea 14:22 - Mar 2 with 815 viewsKeithHaynes

Former Swansea City striker Leroy Lita loved his time at the Welsh club and would be open to returning as a coach should an opportunity arise in the future, he has exclusively revealed in an interview with Football League World.

Lita joined the Swans from Middlesbrough in August 2011 ahead of their return to the top flight after nearly 30 years away.

He struggled to ever really cement his place in the starting XI and was restricted to 16 Premier League appearances and just two goals in his debut season at the Liberty Stadium.

Loan moves away would follow and he left the club permanently in 2014 having made 21 appearances in total. Even so, it seems Swansea had a lasting impression on the 36-year-old and, speaking exclusively to Football League World, Lita revealed how much he enjoyed his time there and indicated he would be open to a future return.

Pressed on whether there were any clubs that he felt he had unfinished business with or would relish the chance to return to, he said: “Everyone always says Reading but I didn’t really enjoy it there. I didn’t really get on with the people upstairs and some of the staff that were there at the time.

“I did enjoy being at Swansea. Loved everybody there. It’s a good club with good people and I got on with every single person there, so maybe there.”

Lita is now plying his trade with non-league club Nuneaton Borough and has had the opportunity to dip his toe into coaching with them.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 15:45 - Mar 2 with 755 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Of course he does. We're a free lunch for average pros with no history of successful coaching to come in and earn a nice wage.

Is Craig Beattie still sleeping in our dugout each matchday?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 15:47 - Mar 2 with 754 viewsChief

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 15:45 - Mar 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Of course he does. We're a free lunch for average pros with no history of successful coaching to come in and earn a nice wage.

*James

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 16:37 - Mar 2 with 730 viewsCatullus

Craig Beattie is still playing oop in Jockland, for Ayr, well he's registered with them anyway.

We have been a bit of a soft touch in the past but I don't think Cooper will take on just anybody. He won't accept it with players and I doubt he'd look differently at potential new staff members.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 16:50 - Mar 2 with 718 viewsonehunglow

You say it as it is.

We have form for it by giving Routledge and Dyer the most ludicrous contract in our history,followed by that of keeping Naughton on the books.

We really are that sentimental and dull

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 18:12 - Mar 2 with 668 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m trying to imagine a conversation between Cooper and Lita.

Cooper ‘ So Leroy when teaching recovery formations after an attacking break down, what’s your proposed system to revert to’ ?

Leroy ‘ Punch the first taxi driver you can find ‘

Cooper ‘ It’s an option, but the non negotiables don’t stretch that far ‘

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 18:21 - Mar 2 with 654 viewstheloneranger

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 18:12 - Mar 2 by KeithHaynes

I’m trying to imagine a conversation between Cooper and Lita.

Cooper ‘ So Leroy when teaching recovery formations after an attacking break down, what’s your proposed system to revert to’ ?

Leroy ‘ Punch the first taxi driver you can find ‘

Cooper ‘ It’s an option, but the non negotiables don’t stretch that far ‘

😂😂

No Kingsway arrest for Leroy - He punches high class, outside the Mayfair Hotel, London.

He's had a number of drunk and disorderlies throughout his career.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 18:22]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 23:51 - Mar 2 with 520 viewsThrasher6

Desperado by The Eagles springs to mind..."why don't you come to your senses..."

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Lita wants to come back to Swansea on 09:57 - Mar 3 with 420 viewspikeypaul

Maybe he misses smashing cars up in underground car parks down the marina,unaware of the security cameras
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 9:58]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024