Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances 17:28 - Mar 6 with 4156 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances, and further stated that Middlesbrough had "fresher legs" due to their manager's rotation.

Considering Cooper said midweek that the players "need to put fatigue to the side until the end of the season" and that "you can still put in good performances with fatigue" - that sounds like a deliberate dig at Cooper to me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:34 - Mar 6 with 2109 viewsHighjack

Yes that’s probably why he and the entire team ran towards Cooper and the entire coaching staff after netting the winner.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:38 - Mar 6 with 2091 viewsWhiterockin

Sounds to me that the players are together and fighting for the cause and realise that rotation is difficult when the back up players are not as good as the first 11.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:39 - Mar 6 with 2087 viewsChief

Yea he obviously hates Cooper. Fuming with him.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:43 - Mar 6 with 2071 viewspencoedjack

I hope a few on here listened to Coops post match interview.

Very sensible
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:45 - Mar 6 with 2055 viewsChief

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:43 - Mar 6 by pencoedjack

Very sensible

Ayews was too.

Another game Tuesday was his big emphasis.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:54 - Mar 6 with 2017 viewsraynor94

Fantastic to see the camaraderie at the final whistle.

I honestly don't give a shit how we accumulate points, as long as it continues the way it's going

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:54 - Mar 6 with 1998 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:43 - Mar 6 by pencoedjack

Very sensible

I wouldn't want to play poker with Steve.
Odd to see one of their players smiling and hugging him after he game

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:58 - Mar 6 with 1983 viewsHighjack

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:54 - Mar 6 by onehunglow

I wouldn't want to play poker with Steve.
Odd to see one of their players smiling and hugging him after he game

That is strange. He is a hideous looking man, I wouldn’t touch him with yours.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:00 - Mar 6 with 1962 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:58 - Mar 6 by Highjack

That is strange. He is a hideous looking man, I wouldn’t touch him with yours.

Poker I said.I dont want to cause friction again but Im rather heterosexual and I don't like his hair anyway.

Mrs OHL has commented as regards his visage but that remains private and not for this forum

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 20:21 - Mar 6 with 1808 viewsBoundy

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:00 - Mar 6 by onehunglow

Poker I said.I dont want to cause friction again but Im rather heterosexual and I don't like his hair anyway.

Mrs OHL has commented as regards his visage but that remains private and not for this forum

Don't give a monkey what he sounds or looks like , he managing my Club and until he's proven not fit to continue in that role he'll get my support

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:13 - Mar 8 with 1590 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Should Ayew be allowed to go on international duty? He will have to self isolate for ten days on his return and will miss three games.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:31 - Mar 8 with 1550 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 20:21 - Mar 6 by Boundy

Don't give a monkey what he sounds or looks like , he managing my Club and until he's proven not fit to continue in that role he'll get my support

I would have an Orang Utan managing if he was any good.

I am not making comparisons with Steve of course.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:32 - Mar 8 with 1561 viewsWhiterockin

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:13 - Mar 8 by felixstowe_jack

Should Ayew be allowed to go on international duty? He will have to self isolate for ten days on his return and will miss three games.

Are professional sports people exempt providing they follow the protocol and regular testing?
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:55 - Mar 8 with 1550 viewsFireboy2

Very sensible

He showed alot of maturity in that interview penc, the way he handled the difficult questions and batted away the stupid ones was a joy to watch.

He seems to be learning all the time, its a shame that the subs aren't good enough for him to rotate, either that or he doesn't trust them.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:01 - Mar 8 with 1535 viewsBoundy

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:31 - Mar 8 by onehunglow

I would have an Orang Utan managing if he was any good.

I am not making comparisons with Steve of course.

hmmm of course not

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:02 - Mar 8 with 1524 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:55 - Mar 8 by Fireboy2

He showed alot of maturity in that interview penc, the way he handled the difficult questions and batted away the stupid ones was a joy to watch.

He seems to be learning all the time, its a shame that the subs aren't good enough for him to rotate, either that or he doesn't trust them.

I agree Eddie.
I jut wish he used subs more.They are good enough and it would save some legs.

I think young Whitaker should get 30 mins in a game,at least.

I feel this bubble is going to but but it might not.

Been looking at Ayew scoring goals for us when in the Prem against the like of Chelsea who were champions at that time. It s why I still have not forgiven those who saw us go down and Im looking at the likes of Ki;without doubt the worst of his kind.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:15 - Mar 8 with 1521 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:32 - Mar 8 by Whiterockin

Are professional sports people exempt providing they follow the protocol and regular testing?

Nobody is exempt if they visit a red list country.

The South American countries have postponed all their qualifying matches after the Premier league and other European league said they would not release their players.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 11:38 - Mar 8 with 1483 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:34 - Mar 6 by Highjack

Yes that’s probably why he and the entire team ran towards Cooper and the entire coaching staff after netting the winner.

Oh but he certainly did not...Cooper thinks he's bombing over to him, and well, he looks a bit embarrassed. .

In fact I've not seen a more awkward moment in long while.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 12:50 - Mar 8 with 1443 views34dfgdf54

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:55 - Mar 8 by Fireboy2

He speaks very well to the press. Only issue I have ever had with him is his "if they are tired, they just need to get on with it" comment.

He'll surely need to rotate.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:00 - Mar 8 with 1432 viewsswancity

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 12:50 - Mar 8 by 34dfgdf54

He speaks very well to the press. Only issue I have ever had with him is his "if they are tired, they just need to get on with it" comment.

He'll surely need to rotate.

If they are tired which they will be, they do just need to be strong, be professional and get on with it. He wants them to be mentally strong. As strong as they can be. With a positive mental attitude. Not feeling sorry for themselves. Do not pander to negativity. Rise above it, be prepared and be strong mentally is the message.

He won’t have to rotate. Only if he feels that he can do it without making the team weaker. I love his approach. To team selection and substitutions. To have recovered from the Hudds and Bristol defeats as they have tells you a lot about this team. As they were both potentially demoralising losses for different reasons.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:59 - Mar 8 with 1420 viewsReslovenSwan1

'Team spirit' and 'team bonding' is irrelevant when the legs cannot do what you want them to do. Surely this is basic sport science?

it is a an 18 man sport and has been for decade or two.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 14:30 - Mar 8 with 1400 viewsChief

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:00 - Mar 8 by swancity

If they are tired which they will be, they do just need to be strong, be professional and get on with it. He wants them to be mentally strong. As strong as they can be. With a positive mental attitude. Not feeling sorry for themselves. Do not pander to negativity. Rise above it, be prepared and be strong mentally is the message.

He won’t have to rotate. Only if he feels that he can do it without making the team weaker. I love his approach. To team selection and substitutions. To have recovered from the Hudds and Bristol defeats as they have tells you a lot about this team. As they were both potentially demoralising losses for different reasons.

Agreed and there is a bit of a myth developing around this. Just look at the reality:
- keeper - Woodman - no need to rotate.
- LWB - Bidwell - extremely fit, having a great season, Manning has started last 2 games and a few others dotted about.
RWB - Roberts - is a freak and is having a blinding season showing no ill affects.
CB - Bennett had a few spells out as has Naughton, Cabango played plenty but been left out occasionally. Guehi maybe could do with a break, but you wouldn't want to be playing without him&Bennett much, so understandable. Latibeaudiere had plenty of minutes, young and made a few errors but he'll learn.
Mid 3 - Smith and Fulton have spent time on bench. Smith has too and he's been injured. Hourihane has been subbed and benched a few times already. So it's only really Grimes who constantly players these days. Does he look knackered? Not sure. Maybe with Smith back fully fit now he can be on bench. Dhandas had minutes too.
Up front - Ayew and Lowe. But Cullens out, Routledge has been out and Morris has gone back. But Lowe has now been benched and subbed. Ideally they'd have been rotated more but what's the alternative? Even without getting in the goals Lowes positioning defensively is still very important. Its up to the likes of Whittaker to prove to Cooper they can do this.

So the narrative that he doesn't rotate is overplayed one hell of a lot and people don't seem to consider who'd replace the players and injuries.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 14:31]

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 14:43 - Mar 8 with 1377 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:00 - Mar 8 by swancity

We haven't recovered, not if Boro was anything to go by.

That was THE worst performance of the season. I thought we were decent after going a goal down to Stoke in the first half though and poor in the second.

This is unprecedented luck. Not a recovery. That isn't sustainable.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:04 - Mar 8 with 1365 views34dfgdf54

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 14:30 - Mar 8 by Chief

Agreed and there is a bit of a myth developing around this. Just look at the reality:
- LWB - Bidwell - extremely fit, having a great season, Manning has started last 2 games and a few others dotted about.
RWB - Roberts - is a freak and is having a blinding season showing no ill affects.
CB - Bennett had a few spells out as has Naughton, Cabango played plenty but been left out occasionally. Guehi maybe could do with a break, but you wouldn't want to be playing without him&Bennett much, so understandable. Latibeaudiere had plenty of minutes, young and made a few errors but he'll learn.
Mid 3 - Smith and Fulton have spent time on bench. Smith has too and he's been injured. Hourihane has been subbed and benched a few times already. So it's only really Grimes who constantly players these days. Does he look knackered? Not sure. Maybe with Smith back fully fit now he can be on bench. Dhandas had minutes too.
Up front - Ayew and Lowe. But Cullens out, Routledge has been out and Morris has gone back. But Lowe has now been benched and subbed. Ideally they'd have been rotated more but what's the alternative? Even without getting in the goals Lowes positioning defensively is still very important. Its up to the likes of Whittaker to prove to Cooper they can do this.

So the narrative that he doesn't rotate is overplayed one hell of a lot and people don't seem to consider who'd replace the players and injuries.

I'm personally not worried about our defenders, as you say Roberts is a freak of nature and Bidwell has now been rested and has a more than capable deputy in Manning, who to be honest should have had plenty more minutes.

It's players where we are asking to move heaven and earth for us on a Saturday and Midweek, every week.

Lowe and Ayew being the main ones, they get vet very little service due to how we play, and are asked to run channels over and over and are asked to defend from the front at all costs. Which is fine, but they won't do it to the level needed when they are playing at 60/70% as they have been recently imo.

Hourihane, Fulton and Smith are others who haven't got the natural fitness needed to perform at a high level twice every week.

People say they played four times a week as a kid etc, and they should get real jobs and all that, but this is high level professional sport. You get exposed when you're not on it.

Edit - I also take Coopers point aswell mind, we got back 3am on the Thursday and are straight back at it on the Saturday, they had every right to be sharper than us. It was a great, great win under the circumstances.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 15:06]
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:05 - Mar 8 with 1364 viewsswancity

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 14:30 - Mar 8 by Chief

Precisely

All all our players ( regulars ) are having a very good season individually. And collectively. That means they earn the right to keep their place. Of course in an ideal world it might be better to have other players as good on the bench but there’s not too many clubs in that category. Manchester City bring an obvious one.

Andre commented about tiredness and that’s fair enough. They’re working hard. You get tired when you work hard. That’s when strong characters show up. They’re not too tired to give it everything for 90 minutes, twice a week I know that. Keep it up lads. Awesome stuff.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024