Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances 17:28 - Mar 6 with 4166 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances, and further stated that Middlesbrough had "fresher legs" due to their manager's rotation.

Considering Cooper said midweek that the players "need to put fatigue to the side until the end of the season" and that "you can still put in good performances with fatigue" - that sounds like a deliberate dig at Cooper to me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:06 - Mar 8 with 785 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 14:30 - Mar 8 by Chief

Agreed and there is a bit of a myth developing around this. Just look at the reality:
- keeper - Woodman - no need to rotate.
- LWB - Bidwell - extremely fit, having a great season, Manning has started last 2 games and a few others dotted about.
RWB - Roberts - is a freak and is having a blinding season showing no ill affects.
CB - Bennett had a few spells out as has Naughton, Cabango played plenty but been left out occasionally. Guehi maybe could do with a break, but you wouldn't want to be playing without him&Bennett much, so understandable. Latibeaudiere had plenty of minutes, young and made a few errors but he'll learn.
Mid 3 - Smith and Fulton have spent time on bench. Smith has too and he's been injured. Hourihane has been subbed and benched a few times already. So it's only really Grimes who constantly players these days. Does he look knackered? Not sure. Maybe with Smith back fully fit now he can be on bench. Dhandas had minutes too.
Up front - Ayew and Lowe. But Cullens out, Routledge has been out and Morris has gone back. But Lowe has now been benched and subbed. Ideally they'd have been rotated more but what's the alternative? Even without getting in the goals Lowes positioning defensively is still very important. Its up to the likes of Whittaker to prove to Cooper they can do this.

So the narrative that he doesn't rotate is overplayed one hell of a lot and people don't seem to consider who'd replace the players and injuries.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 14:31]

It's been made to look worse from the signing of Hourihane because I don't think I've ever seen a player struggle to run 5 yards across a pitch. It's almost unbelievable.

So Matty has to do an awful lot of work in midfield. He is literally doing 2 men's jobs in there.

Jay has benefitted from a break recently and he looked sharp as a tack against Stoke (albeit as lost as everyone else v Boro)

But Bidwell has looked jaded as well. It's not a case of assuming one or two here and there are as fit as fiddles even though the comparison between Roberts and Hourihane would be hideous. In football at the top level it would take it all out of you. And you chuck in the gruelling schedule we've got and the fact it's very rare not to come off the pitch with some niggle then keeping the side fresh is huge.

Maning has been grotesquely under-used this season and we've wasted a good player sat on the bench. I think we should have tried him in CM. In fact I'd play him and Bidwell tomorrow in the same team with Hourihane making way.

But it's the system that's served us so well is also hampering us now. There is no way on God's earth should Ayew and Lowe have been allowed to continue and start every match the way they were playing.

I don't think even the most "generous" Swans fan would argue otherwise.

Cooper is going to do this his way, that's clear as day. Nobody can argue with the league table, it's been the truly enjoyable part of this season as the football as all too often disappointed.

The similarities of Monk's season in 2014 are very evident.

Monk didn't have it in him to coach more out of players so he allowed other teams to dictate play while we defended our zones and stayed in position. We scored an uncanny amount of goals compared to real chances that came our way and we celebrated....

A) our best finish in the EPL
B) the start of our demise

The worry is, Cooper doesn't have it in him to coach a team to construct with the ball and create and that's why he's flogging a lot of dead horses at the moment.

The other ones doing this, luckily for us, is Brentford and they have lost 4 out of their last 6.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:13 - Mar 8 with 770 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:05 - Mar 8 by swancity

Precisely

All all our players ( regulars ) are having a very good season individually. And collectively. That means they earn the right to keep their place. Of course in an ideal world it might be better to have other players as good on the bench but there’s not too many clubs in that category. Manchester City bring an obvious one.

Andre commented about tiredness and that’s fair enough. They’re working hard. You get tired when you work hard. That’s when strong characters show up. They’re not too tired to give it everything for 90 minutes, twice a week I know that. Keep it up lads. Awesome stuff.

I think it is fair to say individual performances and team performances are actually declining since the Norwich win. If Swansea did not get those two dubious penalties we would be looking at 2 points from 4 games not 6 points.

At some point Arriola and Freeman will have to play. They need to be ready as does Whittaker and Brandon Cooper. Tired players get unnecessary injuries.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:37 - Mar 8 with 764 viewsswancity

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:13 - Mar 8 by ReslovenSwan1

I think it is fair to say individual performances and team performances are actually declining since the Norwich win. If Swansea did not get those two dubious penalties we would be looking at 2 points from 4 games not 6 points.

At some point Arriola and Freeman will have to play. They need to be ready as does Whittaker and Brandon Cooper. Tired players get unnecessary injuries.

If my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle

Stick to facts. Much better that way.

And of course the fringe players need to be ready. That applies at all Clubs.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:37 - Mar 8 with 734 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:37 - Mar 8 by swancity

If my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle

Stick to facts. Much better that way.

And of course the fringe players need to be ready. That applies at all Clubs.

Fact is we've been woeful since Norwich.

Also a fact we've picked up wins.

Those 2 don't and won't always correlate so favourably in the future.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:56 - Mar 8 with 711 viewsCatullus

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 14:30 - Mar 8 by Chief

Agreed and there is a bit of a myth developing around this. Just look at the reality:
- keeper - Woodman - no need to rotate.
- LWB - Bidwell - extremely fit, having a great season, Manning has started last 2 games and a few others dotted about.
RWB - Roberts - is a freak and is having a blinding season showing no ill affects.
CB - Bennett had a few spells out as has Naughton, Cabango played plenty but been left out occasionally. Guehi maybe could do with a break, but you wouldn't want to be playing without him&Bennett much, so understandable. Latibeaudiere had plenty of minutes, young and made a few errors but he'll learn.
Mid 3 - Smith and Fulton have spent time on bench. Smith has too and he's been injured. Hourihane has been subbed and benched a few times already. So it's only really Grimes who constantly players these days. Does he look knackered? Not sure. Maybe with Smith back fully fit now he can be on bench. Dhandas had minutes too.
Up front - Ayew and Lowe. But Cullens out, Routledge has been out and Morris has gone back. But Lowe has now been benched and subbed. Ideally they'd have been rotated more but what's the alternative? Even without getting in the goals Lowes positioning defensively is still very important. Its up to the likes of Whittaker to prove to Cooper they can do this.

So the narrative that he doesn't rotate is overplayed one hell of a lot and people don't seem to consider who'd replace the players and injuries.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 14:31]

The players he doesn't rotate are Lowe and Ayew and penalties aside they are not scoring. Lowe is a shadow of himself.

He has rotated others, Hourihane was rotated recently, was on the bench for most of a game.

I agree with you generally but Lowe and Ayew need a break. Even if it only giving Whittaker 20-30 mins for one of them at the end of games.

Honest question, why have we been making so mnay silly defensive mistakes? Is it tired legs, mentally tired, or both? Guehi against Stoke, Boro's equaliser, we were poor where it has been our greatest strength.

PS, I don't care how mentally strong anyone is, when their legs are shot they cannot perform to their best and are more likely to get injured or cause someone else a serious injury.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 16:58]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:24 - Mar 8 with 692 viewstrampie

Andre might be talking about tired legs with Ghana in mind, who knows.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:49 - Mar 9 with 619 viewsvetchonian

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:56 - Mar 8 by Catullus

The players he doesn't rotate are Lowe and Ayew and penalties aside they are not scoring. Lowe is a shadow of himself.

He has rotated others, Hourihane was rotated recently, was on the bench for most of a game.

I agree with you generally but Lowe and Ayew need a break. Even if it only giving Whittaker 20-30 mins for one of them at the end of games.

Honest question, why have we been making so mnay silly defensive mistakes? Is it tired legs, mentally tired, or both? Guehi against Stoke, Boro's equaliser, we were poor where it has been our greatest strength.

PS, I don't care how mentally strong anyone is, when their legs are shot they cannot perform to their best and are more likely to get injured or cause someone else a serious injury.

does anyone think in reality Whittaker and Ariola are like gor like for Ayew and Lowe?

and again do people not think Cooper might be working to a budget which restricts his use of subs

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 23:52 - Mar 9 with 600 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:49 - Mar 9 by vetchonian

does anyone think in reality Whittaker and Ariola are like gor like for Ayew and Lowe?

and again do people not think Cooper might be working to a budget which restricts his use of subs

I believe Paul Arriola is a better player than Jamal Lowe. Only good players get 35 caps for the USA. They are a very capable international team.

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 00:24 - Mar 10 with 592 viewsswancity

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 23:52 - Mar 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I believe Paul Arriola is a better player than Jamal Lowe. Only good players get 35 caps for the USA. They are a very capable international team.

You seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that Arriola had a serious career threatening ACL injury a year ago and has hardly kicked a competitive ball since.

Surely you can see the relevance of this. He’s here to bolster our squad.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 06:55 - Mar 10 with 554 viewsangryjack

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:56 - Mar 8 by Catullus

Shadow of himself..the boy is rubbish apart from couple games. He just can't do the basics a player should..this is definitely to high an level for him..
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 07:40 - Mar 10 with 544 viewsChief

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 23:52 - Mar 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I warned you the other day about assuming that USA internationals are good based on how many caps they have - especially homebased Americans. Look at the opponents that make up the vast majority of his caps - Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Cuba, El Salvador, Canada, Guyana, Venezuela, Panama, Curaçao, Honduras, Martinique!
And he barely completes 90 mins against them. The occasional Mexico game aside which they usually lose its hardly impressive is it?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:30 - Mar 10 with 525 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 00:24 - Mar 10 by swancity

You seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that Arriola had a serious career threatening ACL injury a year ago and has hardly kicked a competitive ball since.

And therefore he needs to bolster.He won't bolster from the bench.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:48 - Mar 10 with 527 views34dfgdf54

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 00:24 - Mar 10 by swancity

What does bolster squad mean to us then?

looking pretty sat on the bench? We haven't used the squad enough and it's biting us at worst possible time, that's what it looks like to me anyway.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:10 - Mar 10 with 508 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:48 - Mar 10 by 34dfgdf54

What does bolster squad mean to us then?

looking pretty sat on the bench? We haven't used the squad enough and it's biting us at worst possible time, that's what it looks like to me anyway.

Hence my point .

Freeman brought in ,as a cost.
Whittaker at a fee-for the "future". lol
Arriola must be seething
Hoolie is one Id rather not comment further on

Bringing on Routledge the final indignity. Experience I read. Really. Experience useless without legs

Blackburn were one of the worst teams Ive seen this season and all the top ten would have stuffed us. I feel soon we will be really hammered,worse than Hudds,who were ,don't forget winless for ages. We are living on lick and it will run out

We all knew what last night would be like and the same uber fans are trying to con us into thinking it was acceptable. It was embarrassing .

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 10:12 - Mar 10 with 498 views34dfgdf54

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:10 - Mar 10 by onehunglow

Hence my point .

Freeman brought in ,as a cost.
Whittaker at a fee-for the "future". lol
Arriola must be seething
Hoolie is one Id rather not comment further on

Bringing on Routledge the final indignity. Experience I read. Really. Experience useless without legs

Blackburn were one of the worst teams Ive seen this season and all the top ten would have stuffed us. I feel soon we will be really hammered,worse than Hudds,who were ,don't forget winless for ages. We are living on lick and it will run out

We all knew what last night would be like and the same uber fans are trying to con us into thinking it was acceptable. It was embarrassing .

We would have paid over a million for the Hourihane loan, I don't know that for sure obviously but it wouldn't be far off. He was the "big" signing we were working on all January, and we were competing with the likes of Bournemouth who had a Josh King windfall coming their way.

I have no problems with signing Whittaker if our scouting team think it's good value for money, I'm also assuming Cooper had a big say in this along with Scott, using his FA connections etc. You can't spend that sort of money, then moan we haven't got a 9. We were in a January transfer window where were/are in with a shout of top 2. £700k would have probably got a decent loanee in from the Premier League, I honestly believe the funds involved in the Whittaker deal and Hourihane combined wouldn't of been far off getting Brewster on a 6 month the way Wilder has been talking lately about Brewster needing to drop down a level.

Morris/Arriolla were never wanted by Cooper. I said that at the time and I'm even more certain of it now.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 10:20 - Mar 10 with 483 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 10:12 - Mar 10 by 34dfgdf54

We would have paid over a million for the Hourihane loan, I don't know that for sure obviously but it wouldn't be far off. He was the "big" signing we were working on all January, and we were competing with the likes of Bournemouth who had a Josh King windfall coming their way.

I have no problems with signing Whittaker if our scouting team think it's good value for money, I'm also assuming Cooper had a big say in this along with Scott, using his FA connections etc. You can't spend that sort of money, then moan we haven't got a 9. We were in a January transfer window where were/are in with a shout of top 2. £700k would have probably got a decent loanee in from the Premier League, I honestly believe the funds involved in the Whittaker deal and Hourihane combined wouldn't of been far off getting Brewster on a 6 month the way Wilder has been talking lately about Brewster needing to drop down a level.

Morris/Arriolla were never wanted by Cooper. I said that at the time and I'm even more certain of it now.

That intrigues ,annoys and worries me in equal measure.

I agree,I think.

Maybe insread of paying that loan fee for Hoolie and getting a kid for a striker,why not simply source an experienced striker to come in and start off firing . They are around.

I though Steve has great contacts.

We or rather he has utterly failed to address our weaknesses which are as obvious now as they were at the start of the season.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 10:22]

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 10:38 - Mar 10 with 476 viewsswancity

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 10:12 - Mar 10 by 34dfgdf54

Morris was brought in to strengthen our options up front. His ACL injury was freakish. Although a certain person might to apportion blame on our tea lady for not putting sugar in or using the wrong twa ting milk. 😂

Re Brewster his confidence is shot. To pieces. I don’t think he’s scored all season. There’s no guarantee in football and on this you can’t assume that he’d be a success second time around. Was good last time but now is now.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 10:57 - Mar 10 with 466 views34dfgdf54

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 10:38 - Mar 10 by swancity

Morris was brought in to strengthen our options up front. His ACL injury was freakish. Although a certain person might to apportion blame on our tea lady for not putting sugar in or using the wrong twa ting milk. 😂

Re Brewster his confidence is shot. To pieces. I don’t think he’s scored all season. There’s no guarantee in football and on this you can’t assume that he’d be a success second time around. Was good last time but now is now.

That's fair enough, I just get how he can justify whinging about not getting a 9 personally.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 11:22 - Mar 10 with 453 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 10:38 - Mar 10 by swancity

Nobody should be putting sugar in tea FF.

Why not Conny Onny ?

Looking at Woody though,he could do with a few ribeyes and a bucket of chips with a bowl of Trifle and Custard for dessert.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 11:53 - Mar 10 with 447 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 07:40 - Mar 10 by Chief

I warned you the other day about assuming that USA internationals are good based on how many caps they have - especially homebased Americans. Look at the opponents that make up the vast majority of his caps - Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Cuba, El Salvador, Canada, Guyana, Venezuela, Panama, Curaçao, Honduras, Martinique!
And he barely completes 90 mins against them. The occasional Mexico game aside which they usually lose its hardly impressive is it?

You suffer from snobbish ness against US football. Their teenagers gave Wales a passing lesson at the Liberty the other week. Had they been ruthless in front of goal it would have been a hiding. Costa Rica have embarrassed a few teams.

Cooper has to manage the team the fans and the owners. They are not going to be impressed if this player does not game time He is more than good enough has legsa and a good workrate and can score.

Clint Demsey Brian McBride Carlos Bocannegro, Andre de Yedlin have all held their own in the PL.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 11:55]

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 12:53 - Mar 10 with 420 views34dfgdf54

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 11:53 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

You suffer from snobbish ness against US football. Their teenagers gave Wales a passing lesson at the Liberty the other week. Had they been ruthless in front of goal it would have been a hiding. Costa Rica have embarrassed a few teams.

Cooper has to manage the team the fans and the owners. They are not going to be impressed if this player does not game time He is more than good enough has legsa and a good workrate and can score.

Clint Demsey Brian McBride Carlos Bocannegro, Andre de Yedlin have all held their own in the PL.

Andy Scott said in his interview the owners wanted Ariolla on board.

Now, I don't agree with that to be honest and I'm disappointed that with a bit of success they have stuck their noses in, but the fact is the lack of game time he has had here would have put manager and board at loggerheads imo.

It was obvious from the outset with Cooper's tone in interviews Ariolla would not be playing a big part here and if I'm honest I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was back at DC United first weekend of April.

Keith - Did they sort that issue about the recall clause? I'm sure that's what delayed the original deal if I remember correctly.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:07 - Mar 10 with 412 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 12:53 - Mar 10 by 34dfgdf54

Andy Scott said in his interview the owners wanted Ariolla on board.

Now, I don't agree with that to be honest and I'm disappointed that with a bit of success they have stuck their noses in, but the fact is the lack of game time he has had here would have put manager and board at loggerheads imo.

It was obvious from the outset with Cooper's tone in interviews Ariolla would not be playing a big part here and if I'm honest I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was back at DC United first weekend of April.

Keith - Did they sort that issue about the recall clause? I'm sure that's what delayed the original deal if I remember correctly.

MLS season starts mid April. Clearly the owners wanted him to train in their close season with a team that was playing competitive football and maybe get match fit after his long term injury. He played a part in their final game of last season and needed intensity during their close season.

I doubt that the Swans are doing much training though. The schedule is so intense that they’re probably doing gentle training and working on tactics so what he’s getting out of it is debatable. He’s certainly not getting match fit.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:14 - Mar 10 with 403 viewsChief

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 11:53 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

It is in fact you that has perpetuated the lazy uniformed premise that "hes an American International, he must be good". When if you scratch the surface a bit you'll see that simply isn't neccessarily the case.

Yes the USA are a decent team (i haven't said they aren't) and there examples of successful Americans playing and have played in Europe's strong leagues (i haven't said they aren't) so nice try but this disingenuous interpretation of my words won't wash either.

Thanks however for bringing up the Wales v USA game. It demonstrates my point regarding the US's occasional policy of the 2 tier squads they sometimes name. Against Wales it was a European based squad, the cream. Other times they have to name domestic based squads. And have to include even players from the less successful teams like DC Utd.
Furthermore, USA didn't even qualify for the last World cup, so its not like hes been selected for games beyond a CONCACAF level.

So there's literally no evidence that he's any good and you're assumption about him being better than Lowe without seeing Arriola play more than a few minutes (in which he fluffed an easy chance and did nothing else) is laughable.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:29 - Mar 10 with 400 viewsCatullus

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:49 - Mar 9 by vetchonian

Not like for like and why do we need like for like? Are we incapable of alternatives?

That other point is laughable. Are you suggesting Cooper has a bench full of subs he cannot use in case it costs money?
Do you seriously think he;s been tiold he can't use players for financial reasons but puts them on the bench anyway?

Can you see how ridiculous that notion is?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:37 - Mar 10 with 398 viewsCatullus

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:07 - Mar 10 by Joe_bradshaw

MLS season starts mid April. Clearly the owners wanted him to train in their close season with a team that was playing competitive football and maybe get match fit after his long term injury. He played a part in their final game of last season and needed intensity during their close season.

I doubt that the Swans are doing much training though. The schedule is so intense that they’re probably doing gentle training and working on tactics so what he’s getting out of it is debatable. He’s certainly not getting match fit.

If he's not match fit wouldn't he be doing a personalised training regime?

If he can't last a full game and needs training why would we bring him here midway through our season?

If he's not match fit why has he been on the subs bench?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024