Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances 17:28 - Mar 6 with 4167 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances, and further stated that Middlesbrough had "fresher legs" due to their manager's rotation.

Considering Cooper said midweek that the players "need to put fatigue to the side until the end of the season" and that "you can still put in good performances with fatigue" - that sounds like a deliberate dig at Cooper to me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:56 - Mar 10 with 570 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:37 - Mar 10 by Catullus

If he's not match fit wouldn't he be doing a personalised training regime?

If he can't last a full game and needs training why would we bring him here midway through our season?

If he's not match fit why has he been on the subs bench?

It is of course ,worlick as Cooper simply does not want to play him-even though he admits we are tired and Arriola has not played really at all.

It's making mug out of us.

People are looking to be seen to support the lads. Cooper is not doing that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:57 - Mar 10 with 574 viewsthornabyswan

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 10:20 - Mar 10 by onehunglow

That intrigues ,annoys and worries me in equal measure.

I agree,I think.

Maybe insread of paying that loan fee for Hoolie and getting a kid for a striker,why not simply source an experienced striker to come in and start off firing . They are around.

I though Steve has great contacts.

We or rather he has utterly failed to address our weaknesses which are as obvious now as they were at the start of the season.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 10:22]

Third in the league with a game in hand

Give Cooper some credit you may not have noticed but most of the squad is made up of freebies and loans.

Competing against sides with bigger budgets and squads.

A constant wind up like an annoying full back niggling away.

Can see a couple getting banned on this board because of your constant moaning never anything positive to say about anything.

And after a defeat or a poor performance you seem to take glee in telling us how poor we are.

Change the record please you are ruining this site.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:14 - Mar 10 with 554 viewsswancity

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:57 - Mar 10 by thornabyswan

Give Cooper some credit you may not have noticed but most of the squad is made up of freebies and loans.

Can see a couple getting banned on this board because of your constant moaning never anything positive to say about anything.

And after a defeat or a poor performance you seem to take glee in telling us how poor we are.

Yes he’s flooding it with crap constantly

Never offering any praise, nothing remotely helpful or constructive he only enjoys having a swipe at everything especially the manager and the “coward” we have in goal. Shame on him.

Bit like these individuals who love to criticise politicians I suppose without the faintest idea how or why things are being done in a certain way. Empty vessels make most noise...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:38 - Mar 10 with 532 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:37 - Mar 10 by Catullus

If he's not match fit wouldn't he be doing a personalised training regime?

If he can't last a full game and needs training why would we bring him here midway through our season?

If he's not match fit why has he been on the subs bench?

The question "why would we bring him here midway through our season" might be answered by looking at it from another angle.

Why did the owners of DC United bring a player of theirs here in their off season who needs Fitness?

I'm far from convinced that it's much to do with us and our needs.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:58 - Mar 10 with 521 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 15:14 - Mar 10 by swancity

Yes he’s flooding it with crap constantly

Never offering any praise, nothing remotely helpful or constructive he only enjoys having a swipe at everything especially the manager and the “coward” we have in goal. Shame on him.

Bit like these individuals who love to criticise politicians I suppose without the faintest idea how or why things are being done in a certain way. Empty vessels make most noise...

Im still waiting for your apology.

Praise .? Jesus.Is that we are here for.

Buy a puppy of you want to praise something.

We are banning because someone doesn't want to praise Cooper.

You are clearly happy with what you are seeing. I can't do any more.

Now nigel,

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:43 - Mar 10 with 512 viewsthornabyswan

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 16:58 - Mar 10 by onehunglow

Im still waiting for your apology.

Praise .? Jesus.Is that we are here for.

Buy a puppy of you want to praise something.

We are banning because someone doesn't want to praise Cooper.

You are clearly happy with what you are seeing. I can't do any more.

Now nigel,

No the ban will come if we lose an important game and you cant wait to tell everyone how crap Woodman is how crap Cooper is how we as fans deserve better.

And somebody finally snaps and tells you where to go.

You even admitted the other day you were going on the Wales rugby site to wind supporters up and you do the same on here with monotonous rubbish.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 17:46]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:25 - Mar 10 with 496 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:07 - Mar 10 by Joe_bradshaw

MLS season starts mid April. Clearly the owners wanted him to train in their close season with a team that was playing competitive football and maybe get match fit after his long term injury. He played a part in their final game of last season and needed intensity during their close season.

I doubt that the Swans are doing much training though. The schedule is so intense that they’re probably doing gentle training and working on tactics so what he’s getting out of it is debatable. He’s certainly not getting match fit.

Sorry, did you say working on tactics?

I mean, come on...
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:29 - Mar 10 with 494 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:14 - Mar 10 by Chief

It is in fact you that has perpetuated the lazy uniformed premise that "hes an American International, he must be good". When if you scratch the surface a bit you'll see that simply isn't neccessarily the case.

Yes the USA are a decent team (i haven't said they aren't) and there examples of successful Americans playing and have played in Europe's strong leagues (i haven't said they aren't) so nice try but this disingenuous interpretation of my words won't wash either.

Thanks however for bringing up the Wales v USA game. It demonstrates my point regarding the US's occasional policy of the 2 tier squads they sometimes name. Against Wales it was a European based squad, the cream. Other times they have to name domestic based squads. And have to include even players from the less successful teams like DC Utd.
Furthermore, USA didn't even qualify for the last World cup, so its not like hes been selected for games beyond a CONCACAF level.

So there's literally no evidence that he's any good and you're assumption about him being better than Lowe without seeing Arriola play more than a few minutes (in which he fluffed an easy chance and did nothing else) is laughable.

You will spout whatever comes into your head to tow the party line.

I don't know whether that's some warped loyalty or a wind up.

What about Morris? Did you rubbish him (or subtly) attempt to the same way?

He also suffered an ACL. He's also played for the "crappy" old States

And he, I've read on forums is considered the inferior player to Arriola....

But hey, cue the Chief.... "what do the Yanks know about football"

All a bit crap innit mate?
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:30 - Mar 10 with 494 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:29 - Mar 10 by Catullus

Not like for like and why do we need like for like? Are we incapable of alternatives?

That other point is laughable. Are you suggesting Cooper has a bench full of subs he cannot use in case it costs money?
Do you seriously think he;s been tiold he can't use players for financial reasons but puts them on the bench anyway?

Can you see how ridiculous that notion is?

Is that what he meant, I wasn't quite sure. I was left scratching my head in disbelief.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:36 - Mar 10 with 492 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:57 - Mar 10 by thornabyswan

Cooper is stealing a living as a Coach.

He got lucky breaks in Liverpool and then somehow the England job and an uncanny amount of world class youngsters. Look at that team. He couldn't go wrong.

And now he's exhausted all options in signing any more of them on loan we are left with the walking dead (Hourihane) - I've never seen a player cover ground like he does, a tortoise yes, but not a pro-footballer.

And in a team with Matty, Jay, Smith, Bennett, Cabango, Naughty, Bidwell etc the last thing we need is no energy, zip or pace from a loan signing,

Was he brought in for set pieces?

Was that the wonderous tactic Cooper was going to blow us away with? Hourihane's free kicks and Roberts' throws from both flanks.

Oh no... what we are really seeing isn't some pitiful budget and a stream of excuses, it's a manager that has run out of ideas because he accidentally found 352 and can't "accidentally" find anything else.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:42 - Mar 10 with 490 viewsChief

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:36 - Mar 10 by 9MilesHigh

Cooper is stealing a living as a Coach.

He got lucky breaks in Liverpool and then somehow the England job and an uncanny amount of world class youngsters. Look at that team. He couldn't go wrong.

And now he's exhausted all options in signing any more of them on loan we are left with the walking dead (Hourihane) - I've never seen a player cover ground like he does, a tortoise yes, but not a pro-footballer.

And in a team with Matty, Jay, Smith, Bennett, Cabango, Naughty, Bidwell etc the last thing we need is no energy, zip or pace from a loan signing,

Was he brought in for set pieces?

Was that the wonderous tactic Cooper was going to blow us away with? Hourihane's free kicks and Roberts' throws from both flanks.

Oh no... what we are really seeing isn't some pitiful budget and a stream of excuses, it's a manager that has run out of ideas because he accidentally found 352 and can't "accidentally" find anything else.

Christ he's one incredibly lucky coach.

Repeatedly getting these lucky breaks without backwards steps in his career. Keeps coming up smelling of roses and repeatedly getting results that's got nothing to do with his own work or expertise. He should do the lottery.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:55 - Mar 10 with 478 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:42 - Mar 10 by Chief

Christ he's one incredibly lucky coach.

Repeatedly getting these lucky breaks without backwards steps in his career. Keeps coming up smelling of roses and repeatedly getting results that's got nothing to do with his own work or expertise. He should do the lottery.

Well it's still early in his career and in fairness you could argue he's only ever grazed off his England U23 achievements

Now, no one could argue that's not impressive, I won't either.

But he didn't exactly have a plethora of offers lined up. He had to go to town on Powerpoint (must be something they teach them in Pro Licence School) to get this gig, and even then, Swansea were very unsure.

First thing he did was turn to the England boys
Second was to kill our football style and identity we were slowly re-building
Third was when it was pretty crap and very hard to watch he accidentally hit on 352,

Be honest at least, our football is diabolical and the only ideas he has left is throw ins from the half way line and Hourihane free kicks,

How many goals have we scored from open play in, what feels like, forever?

Oh but budget, young squad, league table...

We are bad. Fans need to wake up to it and come out of denial and Cooper needs to grow a pair of bollocks and freshen up things and coach a style that can get us playing again.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 19:02 - Mar 10 with 475 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:25 - Mar 10 by 9MilesHigh

Sorry, did you say working on tactics?

I mean, come on...

There are a couple of players who still try to pass to each other occasionally and that needs to be beaten out of them at every opportunity.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 19:13 - Mar 10 with 470 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 19:02 - Mar 10 by Joe_bradshaw

There are a couple of players who still try to pass to each other occasionally and that needs to be beaten out of them at every opportunity.

Hahahaha!!!

Yes, very true.

I dread to think what this team would look like without Matty. We'd be averaging 100 completed passes a game.
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 19:27 - Mar 10 with 464 viewsChief

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:55 - Mar 10 by 9MilesHigh

Well it's still early in his career and in fairness you could argue he's only ever grazed off his England U23 achievements

But he didn't exactly have a plethora of offers lined up. He had to go to town on Powerpoint (must be something they teach them in Pro Licence School) to get this gig, and even then, Swansea were very unsure.

Third was when it was pretty crap and very hard to watch he accidentally hit on 352,

Be honest at least, our football is diabolical and the only ideas he has left is throw ins from the half way line and Hourihane free kicks,

We are bad. Fans need to wake up to it and come out of denial and Cooper needs to grow a pair of bollocks and freshen up things and coach a style that can get us playing again.

Well he did win a youth World Cup. Had good players, but so did other countries. Its obviously by the amount of players return to work with him&that managers trust their players on under his management to see that he did a good job

How many offers did Martinez, Jackett, Rodgers, Potter have when we appointed them? Laudrup even.

Don't a lot of managers do a PowerPoint these days? What's wrong with it anyway? Shows you've put the work in and have thought about the job. How do you know we were 'very' unsure?

Why wouldn't you use your contacts? Ie ex England youth players? Flynn, Jackett, Rodgers extensively signed players they had worked with previously. Its been extremely successful, so not sure why you've put a negative spin on that. With our budget its very shrewd. Look how Martinez&Laudrup used their contacts.

The rest i can't disagree on. We're rubbish at the moment. But we're getting points. So he obviously deserves the benefit of the doubt, and i hope that it is his intention to set us up to play better football under more favourable conditions.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 19:52 - Mar 10 with 453 views9MilesHigh

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 19:27 - Mar 10 by Chief

Well he did win a youth World Cup. Had good players, but so did other countries. Its obviously by the amount of players return to work with him&that managers trust their players on under his management to see that he did a good job

How many offers did Martinez, Jackett, Rodgers, Potter have when we appointed them? Laudrup even.

Don't a lot of managers do a PowerPoint these days? What's wrong with it anyway? Shows you've put the work in and have thought about the job. How do you know we were 'very' unsure?

Why wouldn't you use your contacts? Ie ex England youth players? Flynn, Jackett, Rodgers extensively signed players they had worked with previously. Its been extremely successful, so not sure why you've put a negative spin on that. With our budget its very shrewd. Look how Martinez&Laudrup used their contacts.

The rest i can't disagree on. We're rubbish at the moment. But we're getting points. So he obviously deserves the benefit of the doubt, and i hope that it is his intention to set us up to play better football under more favourable conditions.

Of course everyone uses their contacts but is/has Cooper now exhausted his? Those boys aren't getting any younger and any of decent ones are on good contracts.

We went after all those managers though, I believe. Maybe not Rodgers I can't remember but we headhunted Martinez, Laudrup and Potter.

I won't even bring Jackett into it haha

Cooper was different, he applied and we gave him the chance to shine and he did so based on his England U23 contacts it seems. Unless he lied through his teeth in his Powerpoint about possession based football and continuing our identity re-building.

A couple of questions for you hoping for frank, honest answers:

* Can Cooper coach an identity back into us?

* Or would we always get a similar version of what we've had so far?

* Is there longevity in this coaching style?
Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 19:59 - Mar 10 with 450 viewsonehunglow

I want to make it clear 8 miles high an me are not lovers ,.

His opinion are his own ,as are mine.

We've disagreed many times but here we seem agreed on Cooper.

We are where we are in spite of him, and not because. I would opine the likes of Pearson would have seen us clear with Norwich.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 20:00 - Mar 10 with 450 viewsChief

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 19:52 - Mar 10 by 9MilesHigh

Of course everyone uses their contacts but is/has Cooper now exhausted his? Those boys aren't getting any younger and any of decent ones are on good contracts.

We went after all those managers though, I believe. Maybe not Rodgers I can't remember but we headhunted Martinez, Laudrup and Potter.

I won't even bring Jackett into it haha

Cooper was different, he applied and we gave him the chance to shine and he did so based on his England U23 contacts it seems. Unless he lied through his teeth in his Powerpoint about possession based football and continuing our identity re-building.

A couple of questions for you hoping for frank, honest answers:

* Can Cooper coach an identity back into us?

* Or would we always get a similar version of what we've had so far?

* Is there longevity in this coaching style?

Dunno yet, he was still signing them in the very latest transfer window so only time will tell. Maybe it was seen as short term thing to use while we can until Scotts scouting team gets set up properly? And also if the players do well on loan at us propagate a relationship with the clubs so that they'll lend us players in future that Cooper hasn't previously worked with?

Didn't we headhunt Cooper then? He was already in a job so i suppose we would have had to? Asked permission from English FA etc.

Jacketts underrated. 1 penalty kick away from getting us to the championship.

1. Yes i believe he can, there's been games this season where we have played good football against good sides, not that long ago.

2. As i said previously I hope and i believe its possible that under more favourable circumstances and with an up surge in form we can play better football.

3. Impossible to say, probably, Warnock etc have been in management since the bronze age and look at his coaching style.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 20:22 - Mar 10 with 441 viewsvetchonian

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 18:55 - Mar 10 by 9MilesHigh

to answer one of those questions the last goal we scored from open play was our equaliser in the Stoke game the move started with Freddie in our box who passed to either Naughton or Ben then to Grimes Ayew then iut to Manning....so it wasnt that long ago.

Yes we can be dire to watch at times but for the risk of repeating myself....I have shared an opinion/theory on other threads as to why we are where we are at.....how a manager can be so lucky to finish in the play offs one season and then be in touching distance of automatic promotion the following season...in their second season of senior management im sure the likes of Warnock would like that luck....its not luck its management...yes quite often its not pretty but has got results which may correspond with the target Coopers bosses have given him...ie promotion....and for them it will be the what not the how.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 21:14 - Mar 10 with 426 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 17:43 - Mar 10 by thornabyswan

No the ban will come if we lose an important game and you cant wait to tell everyone how crap Woodman is how crap Cooper is how we as fans deserve better.

And somebody finally snaps and tells you where to go.

You even admitted the other day you were going on the Wales rugby site to wind supporters up and you do the same on here with monotonous rubbish.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 17:46]

If it was monotonous, why do you reply so.

I wind up as you do,mainly to burst egos.

My alter ego is different though but you will never know.

You can't as you can only read text that I post.

Having said that,you d be hard pressed to find me posting hate towards other posters.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:14 - Mar 11 with 386 viewsvetchonian

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 13:29 - Mar 10 by Catullus

Not like for like and why do we need like for like? Are we incapable of alternatives?

That other point is laughable. Are you suggesting Cooper has a bench full of subs he cannot use in case it costs money?
Do you seriously think he;s been tiold he can't use players for financial reasons but puts them on the bench anyway?

Can you see how ridiculous that notion is?

By like for like I was referring to "quality"

Let me explain myself a little re the possible "finanacial reasons" of not using subs.
I expect Cooper is working to a "spend" now if we are winning the game why does he need to make subs if he is confident the 11 on th pitch will see the game out and use the money?

When things have been going baadly he has sent subs on! IT may seem a ridiculous notion but Potter suffered from that Fianancial restraint by not being able to use certain players until they renegiaoted some contracts..it may seem ridiculous but it happens...our owners are trying to get some financial stability back.

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:20 - Mar 11 with 384 viewsvetchonian

We all have our opinions ...and many keep having a go at Cooper calling him a fraud. crap manager as he is not rotating his squad.

Funny the manager so many on here laud ...Mr Laudrup chose to work with a small squad and little rotation .especially during his second season when we had the added burden of the Europa games and he flogged a certain Michu to death ........funny how he still keeps getting praised...yes he won us the League cup and gave us that scintillating 45 mins against West Brom , and some great European nights....but like Cooper he didnt roate too much...as he had a smaller squad!

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:26 - Mar 11 with 368 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 08:20 - Mar 11 by vetchonian

We all have our opinions ...and many keep having a go at Cooper calling him a fraud. crap manager as he is not rotating his squad.

Funny the manager so many on here laud ...Mr Laudrup chose to work with a small squad and little rotation .especially during his second season when we had the added burden of the Europa games and he flogged a certain Michu to death ........funny how he still keeps getting praised...yes he won us the League cup and gave us that scintillating 45 mins against West Brom , and some great European nights....but like Cooper he didnt roate too much...as he had a smaller squad!

We all have our opinions .Stop there.You were doing great.
Why bring up Michu.
He's history and it's not a way to win an argument

Have a lovely day

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:30 - Mar 11 with 361 viewsvetchonian

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:26 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

We all have our opinions .Stop there.You were doing great.
Why bring up Michu.
He's history and it's not a way to win an argument

Have a lovely day

And so is Potter...yet his name is being thrown about.

SO many keep looking back to those glory years but because we were winning and succesful forget a lot of what actually happenend...the stylr of football the "brilliant" managers like Micu its history but still folks on here refer to it

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:40 - Mar 11 with 357 viewsonehunglow

Andre Ayew Blames "Tired Legs" for Poor Performances on 09:30 - Mar 11 by vetchonian

And so is Potter...yet his name is being thrown about.

SO many keep looking back to those glory years but because we were winning and succesful forget a lot of what actually happenend...the stylr of football the "brilliant" managers like Micu its history but still folks on here refer to it

Morning.
Yep,a decent riposte.It can be done

For what it's worth I detested Potter too and his bland rather sly persona one who would also be a great Poker player.

He came with all the fanfares and sold us the great city /people/fans project but farked off asap to Brighton-and Hove.

Thanks anyway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024