Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do Cooper teams choke near the top? 17:25 - Mar 9 with 2573 viewsReslovenSwan1

Tonight is a very trickey fixture. This is a good chance to go 5 points clear of Brentford and put them under real pressure as bookies favourites.

Swansea lost the chance to pull away at Huddesfield. Are Swansea a team that chokes anywhere near the summit? Lets hope not.

A convincing win will make a real statement of intent.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:41 - Mar 9 with 2011 viewsswancity

It’s just another game

You’re making things up again

Reading far too much into it

Our lads will be doing their best to win. As they always do. It’s neither a statement of intent if we win or “ choking “ if we lose. It’s just another tough game as is every game in this League.

If we lose we move on .., if we win or draw we move on. No drama.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:45 - Mar 9 with 2002 viewsChief

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:41 - Mar 9 by swancity

It’s just another game

Our lads will be doing their best to win. As they always do. It’s neither a statement of intent if we win or “ choking “ if we lose. It’s just another tough game as is every game in this League.

Yup.

A draw would be ok

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:47 - Mar 9 with 2000 viewsswancity

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:45 - Mar 9 by Chief

Yup.

A draw would be ok

Yes be happy with a draw and good performance 👍

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:47 - Mar 9 with 2000 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:41 - Mar 9 by swancity

It’s just another game

I believe certain teams have choking in their DNA . I am not suggesting at all that Cooper teams have this fault.

I am thinking of Nottingham Forest last season for example. A 10 goal goal difference blown in 90 mins of madness. I remember a Forest fan predicting it before the game. He stated that he expected it happen " because that is what we do".

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:50 - Mar 9 with 1996 viewsChief

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:47 - Mar 9 by ReslovenSwan1

I believe certain teams have choking in their DNA . I am not suggesting at all that Cooper teams have this fault.

I am thinking of Nottingham Forest last season for example. A 10 goal goal difference blown in 90 mins of madness. I remember a Forest fan predicting it before the game. He stated that he expected it happen " because that is what we do".

By 'teams', do you mean clubs as a whole or do you mean a specific group of players?

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:51 - Mar 9 with 1996 viewsswancity

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:47 - Mar 9 by ReslovenSwan1

That’s bollox ...complete & utter bollox in fact 👍

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 18:28 - Mar 9 with 1979 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:50 - Mar 9 by Chief

By 'teams', do you mean clubs as a whole or do you mean a specific group of players?

Good question Chief. Logically it would apply to groups of players and captain perhaps. Forest do have a dismal record going back to the the 2010 play off games going back to Billy Davies times,

I recall a player for Liecester in their biggest game for decades doing a panenka straight into David Marshalls lap in the £180m penalty shootout. Yan Kermogrant was his name. Immortalised in this youtube clip which includes a mild profanity relating to Colin. A true masterpiece this.

[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 18:49]

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 18:54 - Mar 9 with 1947 viewsHighjack

Does a World Cup final count as “the top”?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 19:35 - Mar 9 with 1925 viewsThornburyswan

Nah we are just very one dimensional & very dull.
Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 19:46 - Mar 9 with 1918 viewsCatullus

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 19:35 - Mar 9 by Thornburyswan

Nah we are just very one dimensional & very dull.

At some point we went from not using long throws very much to practically every throw in the last third being launched in.

Have we just run out of ideas.

Last season we had a change pretty much forced on us and it was an unexpected bonus. What if Ayew goes off with his national team and those 3 games without him sees us improve?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 22:51 - Mar 9 with 1828 viewsBadlands

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 19:46 - Mar 9 by Catullus

At some point we went from not using long throws very much to practically every throw in the last third being launched in.

Have we just run out of ideas.

Last season we had a change pretty much forced on us and it was an unexpected bonus. What if Ayew goes off with his national team and those 3 games without him sees us improve?

7 winnable games since Citeh that could have had us challenging Norwich ... 4 very lucky wins against relegation candidates, a draw and 2 hammerings.
Choking? Too right.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 23:08 - Mar 9 with 1818 viewsKeithHaynes

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:45 - Mar 9 by Chief

Yup.

A draw would be ok

As it was 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 00:14 - Mar 10 with 1781 viewsswancity

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 22:51 - Mar 9 by Badlands

7 winnable games since Citeh that could have had us challenging Norwich ... 4 very lucky wins against relegation candidates, a draw and 2 hammerings.
Choking? Too right.

Seven winnable games since Man City?

Agreed

But they’re also seven losable games. Every game in this league is losable.

13 points taken from those seven games. That’s promotion form. And it’s supposed to be a bad spell for us and yet we keep picking up valuable points. Not too convincingly but it’s a good sign to pick up points when not playing well. You must know that.

Two hammerings? Get your facts right. I’ll agree one hammering. One awful second half at Huddersfield. Well ten minutes after half time. Bristol was in the balance right to the end and we played so well in that first half going on to have 21 goal attempts. ‘Four lucky wins’ against relegation candidates? Boro, Stoke trying for the play offs and Coventry and Forest won’t go down.

I’ll put this season into context for you: if we get promoted and it’s unlikely IMO it’ll go down as our greatest ever promotion in terms of where we are as a club. Cost cutting, massive playing budget reductions, sale of high earners, transition, a manager with only one season of senior professional football and is excelling, three different club chairmen, new absent owners and the need to regroup after a relegation from the Premier League including the necessity to show a (significant) profit in the transfer market. That means selling your best players. And in our case replacing them with loan signings and free transfers with one or two fees paid. You starting to understand? No, I didn’t think so.

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 08:37 - Mar 10 with 1716 viewsonehunglow

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 00:14 - Mar 10 by swancity

Agreed

13 points taken from those seven games. That’s promotion form. And it’s supposed to be a bad spell for us and yet we keep picking up valuable points. Not too convincingly but it’s a good sign to pick up points when not playing well. You must know that.

Two hammerings? Get your facts right. I’ll agree one hammering. One awful second half at Huddersfield. Well ten minutes after half time. Bristol was in the balance right to the end and we played so well in that first half going on to have 21 goal attempts. ‘Four lucky wins’ against relegation candidates? Boro, Stoke trying for the play offs and Coventry and Forest won’t go down.

I’ll put this season into context for you: if we get promoted and it’s unlikely IMO it’ll go down as our greatest ever promotion in terms of where we are as a club. Cost cutting, massive playing budget reductions, sale of high earners, transition, a manager with only one season of senior professional football and is excelling, three different club chairmen, new absent owners and the need to regroup after a relegation from the Premier League including the necessity to show a (significant) profit in the transfer market. That means selling your best players. And in our case replacing them with loan signings and free transfers with one or two fees paid. You starting to understand? No, I didn’t think so.

You ended that essay answering your own question. You do realise you might be wrong ?No.

See I did it too

And yep,Spurs a classic choking team as was the all star Holland team of the 70s,a team with the talent to have won 3 world cups.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 13:17 - Mar 10 with 1650 viewsBadlands

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 00:14 - Mar 10 by swancity

Agreed

All losable ... no offence but I am sick to the back teeth with that old chestnut.
We have scaled through every game.
Even the Trundle and the commentator said it would be nice to win a game and be in control.
And if you think 3 - 1 isn't a hammering and that the second half we were out played and outthought I despair.
What we are seeing is the same as when Monk was in charge - the destruction of football in order look good on a league table ... how did that end up?

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 14:19 - Mar 10 with 1629 viewsswancity

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 13:17 - Mar 10 by Badlands

All losable ... no offence but I am sick to the back teeth with that old chestnut.
Even the Trundle and the commentator said it would be nice to win a game and be in control.
And if you think 3 - 1 isn't a hammering and that the second half we were out played and outthought I despair.
What we are seeing is the same as when Monk was in charge - the destruction of football in order look good on a league table ... how did that end up?

You haven’t got a fuc**** clue mate, seriously

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 14:41 - Mar 10 with 1617 viewsonehunglow

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 14:19 - Mar 10 by swancity

Here you go again Nigel.

Do you attack fellow fans in your mag?

Why not keep it tidy or simply leave this site alone.

Look in the Glass ,son.

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:37 - Mar 10 with 1598 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 13:17 - Mar 10 by Badlands

The owners , the fans, the Trust, voted to change the way Swansea played themselves. They vilified the man who more than any other typified the 'Swansalona' approach.

Mr Huw Jenkins OBE. Nobodies from the Trust hounded the man out his his post by creating false narratives on forums they owned using tub thumping south Wales Sunday School protestant morality from the last centuary with talk of selling out, greed, pieces of silver and Yankee hedge funds and the rest. Pretty intoxicating stuff. The fans lapped it up to such an extent that a bedragled army of about 50 marched to the ground n sunny morning. I do not think they had gazoos.

The transmission of the Swansalonaway was attempted by utilisng Britton and Curtis, Curtis was too old and Britton not big enough a character perhaps. I believe the club should again use the great man and bring back Britton Williams Rangel and use Routledge in management. Why are Tate and Oleary in the coaching staff and academy not Britton and Routledge or even Dyer?

Jenkins appointed Potter is one of his last great appointments. Even Pep approves. Britton perhaps saw the visoun drifting away and opted out of the club. Fans compalining about the lossoff Swansalona. "It was them that done it". Kindly for your consideration.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 18:57]

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:51 - Mar 10 with 1594 viewsChief

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:37 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

The owners , the fans, the Trust, voted to change the way Swansea played themselves. They vilified the man who more than any other typified the 'Swansalona' approach.

Mr Huw Jenkins OBE. Nobodies from the Trust hounded the man out his his post by creating false narratives on forums they owned using tub thumping south Wales Sunday School protestant morality from the last centuary with talk of selling out, greed, pieces of silver and Yankee hedge funds and the rest. Pretty intoxicating stuff. The fans lapped it up to such an extent that a bedragled army of about 50 marched to the ground n sunny morning. I do not think they had gazoos.

The transmission of the Swansalonaway was attempted by utilisng Britton and Curtis, Curtis was too old and Britton not big enough a character perhaps. I believe the club should again use the great man and bring back Britton Williams Rangel and use Routledge in management. Why are Tate and Oleary in the coaching staff and academy not Britton and Routledge or even Dyer?

Jenkins appointed Potter is one of his last great appointments. Even Pep approves. Britton perhaps saw the visoun drifting away and opted out of the club. Fans compalining about the lossoff Swansalona. "It was them that done it". Kindly for your consideration.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 18:57]

Haha its the trust's fault we no longer play tiki taka football.

Brilliant.

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 18:05 - Mar 10 with 1591 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 17:51 - Mar 10 by Chief

Haha its the trust's fault we no longer play tiki taka football.

Brilliant.

Thanks. 21% owner with a leader who demanded the removal of 'Mr Swansalona'. I take the Trust seriously and respect their influence.

They have clout but have used it badly. Its not entirely their faiult of course, Leon Britton and Curtis chose a manager with no senior professional experience who has proven to be a pragmatist not in the Swansea model at all. He has talked about the passing game but gives excuses every week why they do not play it very well. Programme, pitches, opposition pressing etc. Having said that he is doing well. Clearly with Roberts doing hoofball a Kiefer Moore type signing would have been usefull.

It will be interesting to see if Brentford use these excuses or simply blow away Blackburn on Friday. I fear they will put Blackburn to the sword.

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 18:14 - Mar 10 with 1585 viewsChief

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 18:05 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Thanks. 21% owner with a leader who demanded the removal of 'Mr Swansalona'. I take the Trust seriously and respect their influence.

They have clout but have used it badly. Its not entirely their faiult of course, Leon Britton and Curtis chose a manager with no senior professional experience who has proven to be a pragmatist not in the Swansea model at all. He has talked about the passing game but gives excuses every week why they do not play it very well. Programme, pitches, opposition pressing etc. Having said that he is doing well. Clearly with Roberts doing hoofball a Kiefer Moore type signing would have been usefull.

It will be interesting to see if Brentford use these excuses or simply blow away Blackburn on Friday. I fear they will put Blackburn to the sword.

The trust may have demanded his departure (and did so for a long time before he actually did go) but he only left after the Dan James debacle. I know what i and many others read into that. Frankly the trust cannot take credit for it.

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 19:07 - Mar 12 with 1465 viewsEagleEye

Can’t see where the idea that Coopers teams choke. Didn’t he lead England juniors to a World Cup ? Not many managers have achieved that.

Last season against all odds with a team of loanees & players that nobody else wanted he took us to the playoffs.

Only Norwich has lost less games than us in the Championship this season. Chokers ? ... Hardly
Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 20:04 - Mar 12 with 1449 viewsBadlands

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 19:07 - Mar 12 by EagleEye

Can’t see where the idea that Coopers teams choke. Didn’t he lead England juniors to a World Cup ? Not many managers have achieved that.

Last season against all odds with a team of loanees & players that nobody else wanted he took us to the playoffs.

Only Norwich has lost less games than us in the Championship this season. Chokers ? ... Hardly

Swansea 1 v Brentford 0
Brentford 3 v Swansea 1

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 20:10 - Mar 12 with 1446 viewsonehunglow

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 14:19 - Mar 10 by swancity

How much more of this Nigel.
It' s past a joke

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 20:23 - Mar 12 with 1439 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Cooper teams choke near the top? on 19:07 - Mar 12 by EagleEye

Its just a question. Not much evidence for it. However every time Swansea get close to clear in second they seem to blow their chance. The 2019 drive to the play off came without any time at the top except in the early season. Defeats v Huddesfeld and Bristol city were against poor sides. Watford hve a tough game so Swaanea could go 6 clear of them if they win the games in hand. They will need to build up a buffer beatng the weaker sides like Luton.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024