Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exceeding Expectations 23:23 - Mar 9 with 10438 viewsAndyCole

Despite the doom and gloom of some of our weak, entitled passive supporters we are massively exceeding expectations.

The weak willed sheeple need to take some time to think, clearly.

- joint 2nd in the league with a game in hand
- win the game in hand, 3 points clear of the chasing pack
- 2nd in games lost
- joint 2nd with leaders Norwich in # goals against
- for the run-in :
- recently beaten leaders Norwich 2-0
- beaten leading contenders Watford
- drew with main rivals Brentford
- smashed most in-form team Barnsley 2-0 twice
- 10 pts ahead of Play-off chasers ex-prem league Bournemouth, with a game in hand
- 12 pts ahead of arch rivals Crapdiff, with a game in hand
- Outfoxed the wiliest Warnock and O'Neill, and Hughton

All on a relative shoestring.

For the twps that always say "Yeah, but No, We Should OF".

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Exceeding Expectations on 07:40 - Mar 19 with 750 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 07:09 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

He wasn't to them either, he was (and is) a utility option that can be used there.

Naughton is not a center back. He is a right back that plays there. That simple.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 7:29]

Steve Cooper (football manager) thinks different. That simple.
Exceeding Expectations on 07:45 - Mar 19 with 734 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 07:40 - Mar 19 by 34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper (football manager) thinks different. That simple.

No he doesn't, I am pretty sure he is fully aware that he is a right back that can do a job at CB.

He's smart.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Exceeding Expectations on 07:46 - Mar 19 with 733 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 07:08 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Unfortunately we don't have the squad capable for such rotation.

Whittaker is 200k in most people's heads.

Transfermarkt may well say the total package that it may get to if various things are hit, we have been through this 5 times already. But what we paid was 200k according to many people who tend to know these things, do you agree this is likely to be the case? Or is your vendetta really stopping you from conceding a common sense point?

Where am I getting it wrong? I asked you for suitable players we could have brought in for 200k. You haven't named anyone suitable. You named a League 2 striker that you claimed had a good scoring record in League 1 despite never playing there... or ever having a good scoring record anywhere for that matter. Someone on 75k a week and someone on 35k a week.

Again, we didn't pay over 700k for Whittaker, you can petulantly say ''but you say that's a good source'' until you are blue in the face, it still doesn't change facts though. We had 200k that we spent on him and you haven't named a single alternative that would be ready to go. Not one.

Maybe the rest of the gang can help you out later?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 7:27]

That we do though, we have just chosen not to utilise it.

No, in your head, your go to website/source for financials in football transfers says different.

I named three suitable who could play straight away, there are hundreds more on the continent who could come straight into this team using the correct scouting. We have shown it in the past and clubs in this league have showed it again this season. But it doesn't really matter anyway, as we have a striker on our books, an expensive one at that who has shown promise.

There are no facts your using apart from a guy with 3 followers on twitter who says it's £200k. Again, and i'll keep on saying it, the source you used and claimed gets their info from legitimate sources when there was a discussion regarding the Siggy deal, and Mesa deal, says different. So again, £200k, is far from "fact".

Help is not what I need with this one, you keep digging that hole for yourself.
Exceeding Expectations on 08:08 - Mar 19 with 726 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 07:46 - Mar 19 by 34dfgdf54

No, in your head, your go to website/source for financials in football transfers says different.

I named three suitable who could play straight away, there are hundreds more on the continent who could come straight into this team using the correct scouting. We have shown it in the past and clubs in this league have showed it again this season. But it doesn't really matter anyway, as we have a striker on our books, an expensive one at that who has shown promise.

There are no facts your using apart from a guy with 3 followers on twitter who says it's £200k. Again, and i'll keep on saying it, the source you used and claimed gets their info from legitimate sources when there was a discussion regarding the Siggy deal, and Mesa deal, says different. So again, £200k, is far from "fact".

Steve Cooper (Professional football manager) disagrees.

It doesn't say different, it doesn't list up front fees. It lists total packages. You have decided to shoehorn that to fit your narrative.

You are now too stubborn to admit you were wrong. That's ok.

Naming a player that can play straight away is easy. I will do one too... Harry Kane. However having a player that can play straight away and having a suitable player that can play straight away is not the same thing, which of course is the area you are failing in.

I had no idea that journalist on Twitter existed until yesterday, my source is Keith the site owner. I showed you that source as an extra to show that its a multi source figure.

Yes you keep banging on about this mystery Mesa and Siggy conversation from years and years ago that only you and your new best mate can remember. I certainly don't remember it and back then used to deride the website as it was Shaky and Nirvanas haven.

But I am not even disagreeing with the figure, so your point is moot, im sure it is 700k.... but thats the total package should we end up having to pay it. According to people in the know, we paid 200k.

Which I'm sure you now accept but don't want to back down on. That's your choice, but your motive is becoming clearer and clearer for our readers.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 8:21]

Exceeding Expectations on 08:52 - Mar 19 with 711 viewsBadlands

Hundreds on the continent!!!
Not after brexit. All players, including those from EU who previously had a right to work in the Uk & NI, from outside the UK have to achieve the same level as players from anywhere in the world under FA rules. They also have to gain international clearance if moving across national association.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Exceeding Expectations on 09:15 - Mar 19 with 695 viewsonehunglow

Exceeding Expectations on 21:08 - Mar 18 by vetchonian

Trundle only had one foot.....but he is a god on here

Trundle a striker .

And a player not to be mentioned in the same breath as any of our current lefties

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Exceeding Expectations on 09:27 - Mar 19 with 691 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 08:08 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

It doesn't say different, it doesn't list up front fees. It lists total packages. You have decided to shoehorn that to fit your narrative.

Naming a player that can play straight away is easy. I will do one too... Harry Kane. However having a player that can play straight away and having a suitable player that can play straight away is not the same thing, which of course is the area you are failing in.

I had no idea that journalist on Twitter existed until yesterday, my source is Keith the site owner. I showed you that source as an extra to show that its a multi source figure.

Yes you keep banging on about this mystery Mesa and Siggy conversation from years and years ago that only you and your new best mate can remember. I certainly don't remember it and back then used to deride the website as it was Shaky and Nirvanas haven.

But I am not even disagreeing with the figure, so your point is moot, im sure it is 700k.... but thats the total package should we end up having to pay it. According to people in the know, we paid 200k.

Which I'm sure you now accept but don't want to back down on. That's your choice, but your motive is becoming clearer and clearer for our readers.

You have no idea what the up front fees are, you are listening to a tweet replying to Peter O'Rourke who has three followers on twitter.

I'll give another which is more realistic than Harry Kane. Shane Long for half a season. There's so many out there. But as I keep saying, we already have one, Whittaker, which we paid very good money for considering we a club that is "skint".

9MH probably remembers it as it was a thread which you and him were agreeing on funnily enough. You used TransferMrkt and said it is a trusted source to suit your argument. 100%. You know that aswell.
Exceeding Expectations on 09:43 - Mar 19 with 671 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 09:27 - Mar 19 by 34dfgdf54

You have no idea what the up front fees are, you are listening to a tweet replying to Peter O'Rourke who has three followers on twitter.

I'll give another which is more realistic than Harry Kane. Shane Long for half a season. There's so many out there. But as I keep saying, we already have one, Whittaker, which we paid very good money for considering we a club that is "skint".

9MH probably remembers it as it was a thread which you and him were agreeing on funnily enough. You used TransferMrkt and said it is a trusted source to suit your argument. 100%. You know that aswell.

Yes I do, as do you. Keith reported it on this forum.

Shane Long is on 60k a week and the loan fee would probably be similar or more than the tiny amount we paid up front for Whittaker. Completely unrealistic.

Transfermarket is a decent website, dont remember that conversation though. But I am not disagreeing with the figure so dont know what your point is, I am telling you however that is the package not the up front fee. The trust also confirmed that with the Siggy fee.

But you know that already.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 9:49]

Login to get fewer ads

Exceeding Expectations on 09:45 - Mar 19 with 666 viewsonehunglow

If you were an employee,how happy would you be regarding the general public being informed of your salary.
Agents disclose the salaries of players and all the terms and conditions?

Exceeding Expectations on 09:55 - Mar 19 with 657 views9MilesHigh

Exceeding Expectations on 00:11 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

He isn’t to anyone, he can play there but he isn’t a centre back. He’s a handy utility defender, but he’s a right back. Not sure why we are pretending otherwise. Just like Lowe isn’t a striker, he’s a winger playing up front and doing a job, how good that job differs depending on who you ask.

Well Steve Cooper must be an absolute idiot then.

Why the hell does he either buy players to play them out of position or repeatedly, REPEATEDLY play them there.

The guy's an absolute idiot, you must agree then yeah?
Exceeding Expectations on 09:55 - Mar 19 with 658 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 09:43 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes I do, as do you. Keith reported it on this forum.

Shane Long is on 60k a week and the loan fee would probably be similar or more than the tiny amount we paid up front for Whittaker. Completely unrealistic.

Transfermarket is a decent website, dont remember that conversation though. But I am not disagreeing with the figure so dont know what your point is, I am telling you however that is the package not the up front fee. The trust also confirmed that with the Siggy fee.

But you know that already.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 9:49]

DerbyshireLive also report the figure as £700k. Derby fans are actually claiming on their forum it is £700k PLUS clauses. If we are taking forum chatter as gospel.

Again, you say £60k a week, they definitely won't be paying the full whack on that. I have given you four players, but to you they are all "unrealistic" due to imaginary wages, goalscoring records (has Whittaker scored a goal at senior level). I have given you loans / permanents of strikers we know about, as 9MH said there are literally hundreds out there which we have shown in the past. There are zero excuses for Cooper, we have a good squad, very good squad at this level, if he chooses not to use them that's on him.

Of course you don't "remember" it, it doesn't suit the story you're trying to push now. But you do.
Exceeding Expectations on 09:57 - Mar 19 with 655 views9MilesHigh

Exceeding Expectations on 17:13 - Mar 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes, because we have a small squad with limited quality. I thought that part was a given?

A small squad?

Is that why we only have 3 subs on our bench when every other team has 7?

Ah I see...

You ain't very good at this football lark are you Ad?
Exceeding Expectations on 10:00 - Mar 19 with 650 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 09:55 - Mar 19 by 34dfgdf54

DerbyshireLive also report the figure as £700k. Derby fans are actually claiming on their forum it is £700k PLUS clauses. If we are taking forum chatter as gospel.

Again, you say £60k a week, they definitely won't be paying the full whack on that. I have given you four players, but to you they are all "unrealistic" due to imaginary wages, goalscoring records (has Whittaker scored a goal at senior level). I have given you loans / permanents of strikers we know about, as 9MH said there are literally hundreds out there which we have shown in the past. There are zero excuses for Cooper, we have a good squad, very good squad at this level, if he chooses not to use them that's on him.

Of course you don't "remember" it, it doesn't suit the story you're trying to push now. But you do.

It is 700k, why do you keep suggesting I am disagreeing with that figure? But we paid 200k with the remaining amount based on other factors which may never ne hit.

Doesn't matter f they are paying full whack, we can't loan a player on 60k or 70k a week, we just cant. Whether that's paying 75% of that or not, we can't afford it. You haven't given anyone suitable, you are throwing around names that are completely out of our range in January.

I don't remember it because by the sounds of it, it is a conversation allegedly had years ago. I will repeat, I have no issue with Transfermarket, so I don't know why you keep banging on about it. But it is clearly showing the package not the fee up front. You literally have no point to make by repeating that.

Ill copy and paste that ready to go for the next time you seem to want me to repeat it.

But of course you know all this.

Exceeding Expectations on 10:00 - Mar 19 with 649 views9MilesHigh

Exceeding Expectations on 07:08 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Unfortunately we don't have the squad capable for such rotation.

Whittaker is 200k in most people's heads.

Transfermarkt may well say the total package that it may get to if various things are hit, we have been through this 5 times already. But what we paid was 200k according to many people who tend to know these things, do you agree this is likely to be the case? Or is your vendetta really stopping you from conceding a common sense point?

Where am I getting it wrong? I asked you for suitable players we could have brought in for 200k. You haven't named anyone suitable. You named a League 2 striker that you claimed had a good scoring record in League 1 despite never playing there... or ever having a good scoring record anywhere for that matter. Someone on 75k a week and someone on 35k a week.

Again, we didn't pay over 700k for Whittaker, you can petulantly say ''but you say that's a good source'' until you are blue in the face, it still doesn't change facts though. We had 200k that we spent on him and you haven't named a single alternative that would be ready to go. Not one.

Maybe the rest of the gang can help you out later?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 7:27]

Football transfers are commitments boy, IOU's if you like. Very rarely a deal is the full whack up front, but if it's £700k and you say it's £200k up front (where's that come from by the way??) then there'll be another £200k to come and another etc.

That pays a lot of wages.
Exceeding Expectations on 10:00 - Mar 19 with 649 viewsonehunglow

Exceeding Expectations on 09:55 - Mar 19 by 9MilesHigh

Why the hell does he either buy players to play them out of position or repeatedly, REPEATEDLY play them there.

He is but he won't.
As I see it,he has had FOUR windows to sort out ONE striker,one ready to start as opposed to the future whenever the fark that is supposed to be.
He has failed,simple as that and people are making excuses for him.
Buck stops with him.

He is killing us stone dead.

I hope Im wrong come May.

Exceeding Expectations on 10:01 - Mar 19 with 647 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 09:57 - Mar 19 by 9MilesHigh

A small squad?

Is that why we only have 3 subs on our bench when every other team has 7?

Ah I see...

You ain't very good at this football lark are you Ad?

Yep small squad with limited quality.

Just common sense Chr.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 10:01]

Exceeding Expectations on 10:02 - Mar 19 with 644 views9MilesHigh

Sidney Van Hooijdonk, been watching him a lot for Breda the last year.
Exceeding Expectations on 10:02 - Mar 19 with 645 viewsangryjack

Exceeding Expectations on 07:45 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

No he doesn't, I am pretty sure he is fully aware that he is a right back that can do a job at CB.

He's smart.

When you play three centre halves,usually they spread the pitch and the two outer centre halves areusallynot the old orthodox CE tree hakveslike Bennet they usually ball playing players that get wide and push the wing backs on when we got the ball and go narrower when not in possession..so sometimes esfull backs are used in a three as they usually go better feet..to play out from back
Exceeding Expectations on 10:03 - Mar 19 with 642 viewsWhiterockin

Exceeding Expectations on 09:55 - Mar 19 by 9MilesHigh

I would say Cooper who is employed as Head Coach and not a manager does not buy the players. Yes he probably has an input and uses his contacts and reputation to encourage players to join us, but to say he buys the players is probably way short of the mark.
Exceeding Expectations on 10:03 - Mar 19 with 641 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 10:00 - Mar 19 by 9MilesHigh

Football transfers are commitments boy, IOU's if you like. Very rarely a deal is the full whack up front, but if it's £700k and you say it's £200k up front (where's that come from by the way??) then there'll be another £200k to come and another etc.

That pays a lot of wages.

You are talking about amortisation, they are monies that will be owed regardless.

200k up front with add ons that could reach 700k is not the same thing. Scott Sinclair was on a similar deal when we signed him, his cost doubled after promotion, if we didnt get promotion it would never be paid.

Exceeding Expectations on 10:04 - Mar 19 with 635 views9MilesHigh

Exceeding Expectations on 08:08 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Hang on, Keith? Well he is the site owner but he's not working at the Club and wasn't it Keith that told us all we were getting an ex player all through the last window?

I've had contacts in the Club and rarely do you get the full picture, even when they are right next to the buttons. Trust me.
Exceeding Expectations on 10:06 - Mar 19 with 625 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 10:04 - Mar 19 by 9MilesHigh

Hang on, Keith? Well he is the site owner but he's not working at the Club and wasn't it Keith that told us all we were getting an ex player all through the last window?

I've had contacts in the Club and rarely do you get the full picture, even when they are right next to the buttons. Trust me.

I have zero reason to not believe him.

Exceeding Expectations on 10:13 - Mar 19 with 608 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 10:00 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

It is 700k, why do you keep suggesting I am disagreeing with that figure? But we paid 200k with the remaining amount based on other factors which may never ne hit.

Doesn't matter f they are paying full whack, we can't loan a player on 60k or 70k a week, we just cant. Whether that's paying 75% of that or not, we can't afford it. You haven't given anyone suitable, you are throwing around names that are completely out of our range in January.

I don't remember it because by the sounds of it, it is a conversation allegedly had years ago. I will repeat, I have no issue with Transfermarket, so I don't know why you keep banging on about it. But it is clearly showing the package not the fee up front. You literally have no point to make by repeating that.

Ill copy and paste that ready to go for the next time you seem to want me to repeat it.

But of course you know all this.

£200k from what source again?

How much is Hourihane on btw? You seem to have inside knowledge of players salary so thought i'd ask.
Exceeding Expectations on 10:14 - Mar 19 with 603 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 10:13 - Mar 19 by 34dfgdf54

£200k from what source again?

How much is Hourihane on btw? You seem to have inside knowledge of players salary so thought i'd ask.

Keith.

Conor Hourihane signed a 2 year / £3,120,000 contract with the Aston Villa F.C., including an annual average salary of £1,560,000. In 2020, Hourihane will earn a base salary of £1,560,000, while carrying a cap hit of £1,560,000.

Exceeding Expectations on 10:16 - Mar 19 with 597 views9MilesHigh

Exceeding Expectations on 10:03 - Mar 19 by Whiterockin

I would say Cooper who is employed as Head Coach and not a manager does not buy the players. Yes he probably has an input and uses his contacts and reputation to encourage players to join us, but to say he buys the players is probably way short of the mark.

Lowe not his signing as well now then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024