Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exceeding Expectations 23:23 - Mar 9 with 10448 viewsAndyCole

Despite the doom and gloom of some of our weak, entitled passive supporters we are massively exceeding expectations.

The weak willed sheeple need to take some time to think, clearly.

- joint 2nd in the league with a game in hand
- win the game in hand, 3 points clear of the chasing pack
- 2nd in games lost
- joint 2nd with leaders Norwich in # goals against
- for the run-in :
- recently beaten leaders Norwich 2-0
- beaten leading contenders Watford
- drew with main rivals Brentford
- smashed most in-form team Barnsley 2-0 twice
- 10 pts ahead of Play-off chasers ex-prem league Bournemouth, with a game in hand
- 12 pts ahead of arch rivals Crapdiff, with a game in hand
- Outfoxed the wiliest Warnock and O'Neill, and Hughton

All on a relative shoestring.

For the twps that always say "Yeah, but No, We Should OF".

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Exceeding Expectations on 13:46 - Mar 19 with 1449 views9MilesHigh

Exceeding Expectations on 12:02 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

I know you are desperate to try and disagree with everything and anything I say, it’s a fun game I’m sure. But you are completely losing me here, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Your mate was suggesting we could have signed Charlie Austin on loan. I said he’s on 75k. At no point was I saying that what we would pay, in fact I specifically said even if we had to pay part of those wages it’s too much. That’s without even touching the loan fee of such a player.

Why you are pretending it’s anything but the common sense view only you can know.

You were given others and as you can see from what you wrote there, you said fans are asking for players being paid,, £30k, £40k etc etc

Then you talked about 75% (plucked from thin air)

Nowhere could I find you talking about some of the loan players we could have signed and made a case for them because we "wouldn't" be paying all their wages.

You're burned out. Take a breather.
Exceeding Expectations on 20:35 - Mar 19 with 1402 viewsAndyCole

Great. Expectations. In the main are positive, irrationally gloomy posters excepted.

We continue to exceed expectations, against all the odds and the few perennially tiresome pessimistic doubters.

Realistic Expectation:

- Replicate the results achieved last time against our remaining opposition to amass a staggering 20 out of 27 available points. Leverage last year's outstanding run-in performances and self belief after the break, with a 6-pointer against Watford who we recently smashed, to land the auto promo spot. Continue to ride this steepest of learning curves with aplomb.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Exceeding Expectations on 20:50 - Mar 19 with 1399 viewsFireboy2

By fsck you are boring.
Exceeding Expectations on 21:18 - Mar 19 with 1366 viewsonehunglow

Im gloomy,pessimistic and sour but I d never call AC boring.

Room for all churches on this site .innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Exceeding Expectations on 23:21 - Mar 19 with 1351 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 13:46 - Mar 19 by 9MilesHigh

You were given others and as you can see from what you wrote there, you said fans are asking for players being paid,, £30k, £40k etc etc

Then you talked about 75% (plucked from thin air)

Nowhere could I find you talking about some of the loan players we could have signed and made a case for them because we "wouldn't" be paying all their wages.

You're burned out. Take a breather.

Yep stand by it too, I can only assume you yet again don’t understand what is written. I’m sure you weren’t always this slow so I can only assume it’s intentional, some odd game you like to play for reasons only you can answer.

75% of course was plucked from the air, it’s a hypothetical deal. Be it 75%, 80%, 50%.... we can’t afford it. 75% is an example.

I didn’t make a case for any players, what are you talking about? I said even though we may not be paying all their wages, we still can’t afford them. We had loaned Morris and you expect us to loan someone on 75k at their mother club? Bonkers.

This really isn’t hard to follow. We can’t afford the likes of Charlie Austin and it’s beyond stupid to suggest we could. Plain enough? Surely it is.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 23:29]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Exceeding Expectations on 23:22 - Mar 19 with 1349 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 20:35 - Mar 19 by AndyCole

Great. Expectations. In the main are positive, irrationally gloomy posters excepted.

We continue to exceed expectations, against all the odds and the few perennially tiresome pessimistic doubters.

Realistic Expectation:

- Replicate the results achieved last time against our remaining opposition to amass a staggering 20 out of 27 available points. Leverage last year's outstanding run-in performances and self belief after the break, with a 6-pointer against Watford who we recently smashed, to land the auto promo spot. Continue to ride this steepest of learning curves with aplomb.

Yep.

Anyone who was expecting us to be higher than third is quite frankly an idiot, or someone with an agenda.

Exceeding Expectations on 08:05 - Mar 20 with 1322 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 23:21 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep stand by it too, I can only assume you yet again don’t understand what is written. I’m sure you weren’t always this slow so I can only assume it’s intentional, some odd game you like to play for reasons only you can answer.

75% of course was plucked from the air, it’s a hypothetical deal. Be it 75%, 80%, 50%.... we can’t afford it. 75% is an example.

I didn’t make a case for any players, what are you talking about? I said even though we may not be paying all their wages, we still can’t afford them. We had loaned Morris and you expect us to loan someone on 75k at their mother club? Bonkers.

This really isn’t hard to follow. We can’t afford the likes of Charlie Austin and it’s beyond stupid to suggest we could. Plain enough? Surely it is.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 23:29]

How do you know Charlie Austin is on £75k? From what I’m seeing it’s £25k less than that. How much of that is made in bonuses, how much is QPR paying of that? You can surely chuck a random number/percentage at that?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 8:09]
Exceeding Expectations on 09:45 - Mar 20 with 1283 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 08:05 - Mar 20 by 34dfgdf54

How do you know Charlie Austin is on £75k? From what I’m seeing it’s £25k less than that. How much of that is made in bonuses, how much is QPR paying of that? You can surely chuck a random number/percentage at that?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 8:09]

''In January 2016 the striker signed a contract with Southampton that nets him a whopping salary of 4 Million Euro (3.5 Million Pounds) per year.''

77k Euros, 68k GBP per week.

then

''Charlie Austin signed a 2 year / £7,280,000 contract with the West Bromwich Albion F.C., including an annual average salary of £3,640,000. In 2020, Austin will earn a base salary of £3,640,000''

81k Euros, 70k GBP per week

You suggested him and said we could get him cheaply. Why are you asking me? Surely you knew that already?

How much loan fee would we have to pay? How much of his salary would we have to pay? Most importantly.... what are the chances out of ''zero'' and ''none'' that we could afford it or would have sanctioned anywhere near the sum required after already signing Morris?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 9:54]

Login to get fewer ads

Exceeding Expectations on 10:02 - Mar 20 with 1262 viewsonehunglow

Exceeding Expectations on 23:22 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep.

Anyone who was expecting us to be higher than third is quite frankly an idiot, or someone with an agenda.

And anyone happy with us a we are right now is a liar but posts otherwise.

Exceeding Expectations on 10:32 - Mar 20 with 1265 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 10:02 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

Disagree completely.

Exceeding Expectations on 12:16 - Mar 20 with 1243 viewsjack247

Exceeding Expectations on 10:02 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

There’s a difference between being happy with the way we are playing at the moment and understanding the reality of our situation.

We’d all prefer to be blowing teams away playing Laudrup football every week.
Exceeding Expectations on 12:51 - Mar 20 with 1226 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 09:45 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

''In January 2016 the striker signed a contract with Southampton that nets him a whopping salary of 4 Million Euro (3.5 Million Pounds) per year.''

77k Euros, 68k GBP per week.

then

''Charlie Austin signed a 2 year / £7,280,000 contract with the West Bromwich Albion F.C., including an annual average salary of £3,640,000. In 2020, Austin will earn a base salary of £3,640,000''

81k Euros, 70k GBP per week

You suggested him and said we could get him cheaply. Why are you asking me? Surely you knew that already?

How much loan fee would we have to pay? How much of his salary would we have to pay? Most importantly.... what are the chances out of ''zero'' and ''none'' that we could afford it or would have sanctioned anywhere near the sum required after already signing Morris?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 9:54]

https://salarysport.com/football/player/charlie-austin/

£52k a week according to this. Out of contract in June. Market Value of £1.8m. Hourihane is on £42k per week according to same source.

Interesting.
Exceeding Expectations on 12:55 - Mar 20 with 1210 viewsonehunglow

Exceeding Expectations on 12:16 - Mar 20 by jack247

There’s a difference between being happy with the way we are playing at the moment and understanding the reality of our situation.

We’d all prefer to be blowing teams away playing Laudrup football every week.

With respect ,we ARE talking happy. People harking back to the expectations at the start of the season to justify joy as of now.It won't wash.

Today is THE day to put it right.

As for Hoolie on 42 k per week,then really I think he d be not 'rsed at all at any "abuse" on here.

Exceeding Expectations on 12:58 - Mar 20 with 1208 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 12:51 - Mar 20 by 34dfgdf54

https://salarysport.com/football/player/charlie-austin/

£52k a week according to this. Out of contract in June. Market Value of £1.8m. Hourihane is on £42k per week according to same source.

Interesting.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/west-bromwich-albion-fc/charlie-austin-22948/

You can roughly work out what a team would be asking in terms of loan fee by dividing the purchase price or the book value by the length term of the loan.

Austin was signed for £4m on a 2 year contract, meaning his contract is worth £1m per half year. If you split value and purchase then you are looking 750k for a half year. Which I am assuming would be around the mark.

Same with Renato Sanches. Bayern signed him for £27.5m on a 5 year contract. That means his contract is worth £5.5m a year which is reportedly around the fee we paid.

“If we work on the basis that Sanches’ loan fee and wages total in the ballpark of around £7.5million, they may well be higher given the initial fee was reported to be in the £5million bracket, Swansea would have paid £500,000 an appearance, and £8,731 for every minute of the 859 he has played so far.”

As for Hourihane, that was a Gibbs White replacement who was also on north of 20k a week. It was a like for like in terms of salary. Granted id take Gibbs White all day long but that’s the way things are.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/aston-villa-fc/conor-hourihane-32765/

This figure is also what Keith reported when we signed him so believe it to be accurate.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 13:10]

Exceeding Expectations on 17:02 - Mar 20 with 1166 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 07:09 - Mar 19 by Dr_Parnassus

He wasn't to them either, he was (and is) a utility option that can be used there.

Naughton is not a center back. He is a right back that plays there. That simple.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 7:29]

Cooper thinks different yet again as he did first game against these.

Massive game
Exceeding Expectations on 17:31 - Mar 20 with 1151 viewsDr_Parnassus

Exceeding Expectations on 17:02 - Mar 20 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper thinks different yet again as he did first game against these.

Massive game

He’s allowed to think different, he knows his squad and his players better than any of us.

He’s still not a centre back though and Lowe still won’t be a striker the next time he plays there, which he will.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 17:33]

Exceeding Expectations on 20:07 - Mar 20 with 1127 viewsAndyCole

Still way way ahead on the Expectation curve of our harshest supporters.

It's in our capable, proven hands to do something historic, on a shoestring, with a rookie young manager, against all the odds and fickle armchair critics.

Exceeding Expectations on 20:09 - Mar 20 with 1123 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 20:07 - Mar 20 by AndyCole

Still way way ahead on the Expectation curve of our harshest supporters.

It's in our capable, proven hands to do something historic, on a shoestring, with a rookie young manager, against all the odds and fickle armchair critics.

We are all armchair supporters at the moment you thick tw*t
Exceeding Expectations on 20:50 - Mar 20 with 1113 viewsAndyCole

Exceeding Expectations on 20:09 - Mar 20 by 34dfgdf54

We are all armchair supporters at the moment you thick tw*t

Fickle is the key word.

Another whooosh moment for the resident Risquejack playground bully. Unable to think clearly under pressure without resorting to abuse.

Exceeding Expectations on 22:18 - Mar 20 with 1100 views34dfgdf54

Exceeding Expectations on 20:50 - Mar 20 by AndyCole

Fickle is the key word.

Another whooosh moment for the resident Risquejack playground bully. Unable to think clearly under pressure without resorting to abuse.

“Thick” would be the key word for you.

“If we had Brewster”
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 5:42]
Exceeding Expectations on 18:09 - Apr 3 with 961 viewsAndyCole

Reality check. Some sense of perspective.

Still way ahead of the curve for the run-in.

Joint 3rd with an opportunity of a 6ptr against Watford. All to play for, and if we replicate our past performances to date we're in with a healthy chance of auto promo. Who'd have thought it, given the abject misery of some. A step up on last year, fair play.

We're way way ahead of the lowly expectations of the meek. The meek who only seem to sing when we're losing. Omnipresent when we lose, ghosts when we're winning. Some actually only visit from next door when we're losing. Totally bizarre for supposed supporters. Certainly not fans.

For those that always turn on our talented young manager when the chips are down, get a grip. They've clearly never kicked a ball in earnest. Players like Ayew, Grimes and Bennett are largely uncoachable. Ayew will do what Ayew does best., as will Grimes. Our tried and tested Spine run the show on the pitch, always. They are coached from a young age to play what's in front of them, to make the Right decisions for themselves. Just like Pep says time and again for those that listen. Grimes, our heartbeat wasn't his usual self last night, it happens. Whittaker deserved an earlier outing, Dhanda was rogdolled as per, Conor's magic could have turned it.

Our favoured 352 is one of the most flexible formations, allowing our clever players to adapt and take the game to the oppo - something we have done all season (and) against the top sides with aplomb; something Frank couldn't cope with and he adapted to get some parity. Adapted to us. They all do. It's testament to how me have taken the game to the oppo all season.

It's understandable that the intellectually challenged, and those that have never played the game to a decent standard, need to lash out. The manager gets the brunt from those that don't get it. It's telling, time and gain.

Onwards and upwards, exceeding expectations, as per.

Exceeding Expectations on 18:59 - Apr 3 with 938 viewsCatullus

Exceeding Expectations on 18:09 - Apr 3 by AndyCole

Reality check. Some sense of perspective.

Still way ahead of the curve for the run-in.

Joint 3rd with an opportunity of a 6ptr against Watford. All to play for, and if we replicate our past performances to date we're in with a healthy chance of auto promo. Who'd have thought it, given the abject misery of some. A step up on last year, fair play.

We're way way ahead of the lowly expectations of the meek. The meek who only seem to sing when we're losing. Omnipresent when we lose, ghosts when we're winning. Some actually only visit from next door when we're losing. Totally bizarre for supposed supporters. Certainly not fans.

For those that always turn on our talented young manager when the chips are down, get a grip. They've clearly never kicked a ball in earnest. Players like Ayew, Grimes and Bennett are largely uncoachable. Ayew will do what Ayew does best., as will Grimes. Our tried and tested Spine run the show on the pitch, always. They are coached from a young age to play what's in front of them, to make the Right decisions for themselves. Just like Pep says time and again for those that listen. Grimes, our heartbeat wasn't his usual self last night, it happens. Whittaker deserved an earlier outing, Dhanda was rogdolled as per, Conor's magic could have turned it.

Our favoured 352 is one of the most flexible formations, allowing our clever players to adapt and take the game to the oppo - something we have done all season (and) against the top sides with aplomb; something Frank couldn't cope with and he adapted to get some parity. Adapted to us. They all do. It's testament to how me have taken the game to the oppo all season.

It's understandable that the intellectually challenged, and those that have never played the game to a decent standard, need to lash out. The manager gets the brunt from those that don't get it. It's telling, time and gain.

Onwards and upwards, exceeding expectations, as per.

Closer to being out of the play offs than automatic promo, that's reality,

https://www.google.com/search?q=championship+table+2020%2F21&rlz=1CAEAQE_enG

Time to step off Fantasy Island chump. The WUM act is done.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Exceeding Expectations on 19:30 - Apr 3 with 913 viewsonehunglow

Exceeding Expectations on 10:32 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Disagree completely.

And I disagree with that so we are quits

Exceeding Expectations on 20:07 - Apr 3 with 902 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sadly there have been no signs of improvement since the January window. The club was without question strengthened but performances have got worse after the Norwich high point. A bad run has been sign posted for ome time.

Players like Freeman, Arriola, Whittaker, were not used at all and were regarded highly by others in the scouting group and ownership group. These are quality back ups to Roberts Ayew and Lowe. They were not used and the performaances of Roberts Ayew and Lowe have declined markedly. All three were due a rest v Birmigham due to international travel commitments,

Cooper like Whittaker is one for the future and must also learn from his mistakes. There is no sign of this happening. The "We will not change mantra" is not ggoing to wash.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Exceeding Expectations on 20:21 - Apr 3 with 888 viewsonehunglow

If we were in October Steve would have been fired by now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024