Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Sunday Aftermath 15:35 - Mar 10 with 11876 viewsNotLoyal

The hatters of Luton v the swans of Swansea, a game of football, eleven v eleven, game of two halves, different colour jerseys, one aim, victory.

Saturday March 13th 2021
The Championship
Kenilworth Road, Luton
Kick Off 12.15pm

Match Officials
DARREN BOND
Mark Russell and Robert Hyde
Fourth Official : Andy ‘Cooper’s mate’ Woolmer

Television and Wireless
SKY Sports LIVE
Swans TV

Flags, flags and more flags, it’s flag day

Luton manager Nathan Jones has been a bit of a problem for the swans over recent fixtures, he seems to save his best for this fixture. The swans won at the Liberty but it wasn’t pretty, in fact it wasn’t even ugly, it was worse than that. Coupled with the swans recent form, albeit seven points from nine, it’s still a worry if an out of form Swansea can get anything from this game. A change of form is needed. Quickly.

Nathan Jones has never made it easy for the swans - ever

Last time out
Luton lost at Norwich City 3-0, Swansea City drew at Blackburn Rovers.

Previously
Since 2004 the swans have won five out of the last fixtures in all competitions. Last season Swansea won 1-0 at Kenilworth Road, and Luton won 1-0 at the Liberty.

Swansea City v Luton Town
Games won: 20
Games drawn: 11
Games lost: 22

Luton Facts
The club was founded in 1885 and became the first professional team in southern England in 1891. Back then it was over a hundred years ago. The side was promoted to the top-flight in 1981—82 and won the 1987—88 League Cup Final with a 3—2 victory over Arsenal. The club stayed in the top division until 1992. Then they left. They have never played in the premier league.

Charles Arthur Salvador (formerly Charles Ali Ahmed; Bronson, born Michael Gordon Peterson
The man known as Charlie Bronson, Britain’s longest serving inmate ( 47 years currently )is from Luton, he is quite old now, 69 next birthday, but would still give a few millennials a right good kicking as long as there wasn’t more than five of them at a time. Bronson wrote the foreword to Tommy Robinson’s book about his hooligan endeavours. A bit like Cardiff City it should have been a three page pamphlet, the front and back Included. The middle page for a picture of Walter Mitty.

Charles Bronson amongst other names is as hard as a hard thing from hardshire

Luton’s Star Man
A Manchester United academy graduate, the 26-year-old brings a huge amount of Championship experience to Kenilworth Road, having spent a majority of his career in the second tier. After he made two appearances in the League Cup, Tunnicliffe left Old Trafford in 2014, having spent time on loan at Peterborough United, Barnsley and Ipswich Town, joining Fulham for an undisclosed fee in 2014. He spent three-and-a-half years there, again, heading out on loan, this time to Blackburn Rovers and Wigan Athletic. He joined Millwall in 2017, spending two-years there, before joining the Hatters in the summer. Tunnicliffe made 40 appearances during his first season at Kenilworth Road, scoring his one and only goal in the 1-0 away victory against Middlesborough. At nine years old, Ryan was playing for Manchester United’s youth teams, and his dad managed to get odds on 100-1 on his son featuring for the first team, which earned him £10,000 in 2012.

Running to the cliff, that’s Ryan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Pre Match and Teams 13th Mar 2021 11:20
It’s coming round every three to four days and that’s another fixture in the EFL Championship. The early kick off is Luton Town v Swansea City ( LIVE on SKY Sports kick off 12.15pm) The hatters are looking secure points to stave off a very unlikely relegation, whilst the swans, in the box seats for the automatics to the premier league are scrapping for points to aid their cause. 0

Luton Town: Simon Sluga, Dan Potts, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Matty Pearson (captain), Harry Cornick, Pelly Mpanzu, Jordan Clark, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Kai Naismith, James Bree, Elijah Adebayo.

Substitutes: James Shea, Martin Cranie, Luke Berry, Glen Rea, James Collins, Kazenga Lualua, Sam Nombe, Joe Morrell, Tom Ince.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Ryan Manning; Yan Dhanda; Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jay Fulton, Jamal Lowe, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Jake Bidwell, Kieron Freeman, Brandon Cooper, Ben Cabango.

A win !
Nothing to follow

[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 12:01]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:08 - Mar 13 with 779 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:05 - Mar 13 by Groo

Don't believe they were the actual words he used.

I believe he was saying they have to play through it, not that its not an issue.

"It doesn't matter," he said.

"Even if they are, it doesn't mean you can't play well and win, so it's irrelevant really whether they are or they aren't."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/56244906

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:11 - Mar 13 with 732 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:06 - Mar 13 by Catullus

We weren't lucky for mostof the season, we did play very well. This last 5/6 weeks though we have ridden our luck. A couple of dubious penalty decisions, including one today, was that a pen for Luton?

Many, many times there have been complaints about us scoring then dropping too deep. It was fine when we were playing well but we look a lot more liable to concede a goal more recently.

EDIT, having seen the replay it was never a pen.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 14:08]

Which penalty do you think was dubious? Late maybe, but dubious? I don’t agree Naughton dived like some do if that’s the one you are referring to.

I don’t know which penalty you mean today, I don’t recall Luton having an incorrect decision in the box?

We do drop off when we score, but that doesn’t mean we are lucky. Our strength when fully fit is our defence. Our clean sheet record tells you that.

We have squad issues that not many other clubs around us do. Every club you can think of around us has a natural striker for example. We have had to overcome that and adapt.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:14 - Mar 13 with 694 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:05 - Mar 13 by Groo

Don't believe they were the actual words he used.

I believe he was saying they have to play through it, not that its not an issue.

Cooper is correct.

This whole fatigue, run into the ground thing is a myth.

For example Ayew who seems to play every match, has only played 2 more than Pukki (34 games vs 32 I think) for Norwich. They are footballers and paid to play, sometimes they get tired but they play through it like everyone else does.

There aren’t many clubs at our level that have the luxury of fielding 2 sides of similar quality.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 14:15]

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:17 - Mar 13 with 655 viewsOldjack

Mugged them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:17 - Mar 13 with 647 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huuuuge 3 points. Up to 2nd!!

4 points in two very tricky away games.

Doesn’t get easier. Bournemouth away next.

Keep on going lads.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:17 - Mar 13 with 646 viewsBrynmill_Jack

An excellent 3 points, hard earned. Better energy than Tuesday so encouraging

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:19 - Mar 13 with 629 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

They might have had a few penalties if they were as well drilled in surrounding and harassing referees after contact in the box as we are.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:19 - Mar 13 with 629 viewsFlashberryjack

Better be born lucky than rich.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:19 - Mar 13 with 621 viewsAnotherJohn

Huge win, but we were second best by some margin.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:20 - Mar 13 with 612 viewscockneyswan

So much bitterness 😂
https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/championship-round-36-fri-12-3-sun-14-
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:20 - Mar 13 with 607 viewsNortbankboy

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:19 - Mar 13 by AnotherJohn

Well done my lovely boys!
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:21 - Mar 13 with 604 viewsCatullus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:11 - Mar 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Which penalty do you think was dubious? Late maybe, but dubious? I don’t agree Naughton dived like some do if that’s the one you are referring to.

I don’t know which penalty you mean today, I don’t recall Luton having an incorrect decision in the box?

We do drop off when we score, but that doesn’t mean we are lucky. Our strength when fully fit is our defence. Our clean sheet record tells you that.

We have squad issues that not many other clubs around us do. Every club you can think of around us has a natural striker for example. We have had to overcome that and adapt.

Penalty, refer to the edit.

I said dropping off was NOT an issue when we were playing well, we haven't played well (first half against Bristol aside) for several games. I actually said we weren't lucky for most of the season but hey, you see what you want to, we were definitely lucky to pick up 7 points in 3 games we were very poor in. And today , another great 3 points but I'm sure Luton will be cerytain they deserved more.

Our only real issue is up front and that is the place we have rotated the least, Lowe and Ayew are flogged to death, Ayew manages to keep a decent level through it but Lowe has really suffered, he's been well off the pace for weeks. We didn't use Morris enough then lost him and we have Whittaker on the bench and never use him. Some of our problems are out own making.

We are riding high, second again. No one (I hope) complains because they want us to lose, they/we do it because we want better.

Now for something unusual, I don't want Cardiff to lose today, I bet many of us don't. A draw will do though!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:21 - Mar 13 with 595 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:19 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They might have had a few penalties if they were as well drilled in surrounding and harassing referees after contact in the box as we are.

A few incorrect penalties if so. The one they appealed for was a superb challenge.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:21 - Mar 13 with 598 viewsthornabyswan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:17 - Mar 13 by Brynmill_Jack

An excellent 3 points, hard earned. Better energy than Tuesday so encouraging

Defended very well.
Woodman didn't concede despite a terrible performance

Come on you scum barstewards never said that before.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:21 - Mar 13 with 598 viewsDJack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:19 - Mar 13 by Flashberryjack

Better be born lucky than rich.

I wish that i was born both.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:23 - Mar 13 with 581 viewsChief

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 13:49 - Mar 13 by onehunglow

We signed Whittaker. Unused.
Whose decision was that.

We brought in Freeman.Why/ Unused
Whose decision is that.

Did we need them then?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:24 - Mar 13 with 567 viewsswancity

Very well done again Swansea

A valuable three points

Another clean sheet

Only seven behind Norwich

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:24 - Mar 13 with 558 viewspencoedjack

Well done lads 10 points from last the last 12 in the business part of the season 👍
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:26 - Mar 13 with 544 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:21 - Mar 13 by Catullus

Penalty, refer to the edit.

I said dropping off was NOT an issue when we were playing well, we haven't played well (first half against Bristol aside) for several games. I actually said we weren't lucky for most of the season but hey, you see what you want to, we were definitely lucky to pick up 7 points in 3 games we were very poor in. And today , another great 3 points but I'm sure Luton will be cerytain they deserved more.

Our only real issue is up front and that is the place we have rotated the least, Lowe and Ayew are flogged to death, Ayew manages to keep a decent level through it but Lowe has really suffered, he's been well off the pace for weeks. We didn't use Morris enough then lost him and we have Whittaker on the bench and never use him. Some of our problems are out own making.

We are riding high, second again. No one (I hope) complains because they want us to lose, they/we do it because we want better.

Now for something unusual, I don't want Cardiff to lose today, I bet many of us don't. A draw will do though!

But it isn’t an issue now, we are 2nd and many don’t think we are playing well. But hey you read what you want to. How is that luck? I don’t believe in the notion of luck over the season, or isolating a few games to shoehorn a narrative. If we have been lucky in one game then it’s likely we have been unlucky in another. That’s football.

Luton can be as sure as they like that they deserved more, but they didn’t. They couldn’t score. They weren’t unlucky, there was no luck involved in them not scoring. There was no luck involved in our goal. Just don’t buy the luck angle.

But yes, let’s hope Cardiff do us a favour.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:26 - Mar 13 with 542 viewsTreforys_Jack

What is wrong with Jamal Lowe, he looks like he's towing a fridge.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:28 - Mar 13 with 528 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:19 - Mar 13 by AnotherJohn

Funny how brentford get 3 points at Blackburn with 41% we get 3 points at Luton with 43% and our fans once again moan.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:29 - Mar 13 with 518 viewsNotLoyal

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:20 - Mar 13 by cockneyswan

So much bitterness 😂
https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/championship-round-36-fri-12-3-sun-14-

They seem infatuated by us, a losers mentality is what they have. Looking to others, blaming everyone but themselves.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:29 - Mar 13 with 516 viewstheloneranger

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:19 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

... "well drilled in surrounding and harassing referees after contact in the box as we are."

Who, Man Utd??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:31 - Mar 13 with 496 viewsraynor94

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:17 - Mar 13 by Oldjack

Mugged them

That's exactly what we did, it was absolutely awful to watch, we seemed incapable of keeping hold of the ball

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:31 - Mar 13 with 495 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Saturday TEAMS on 14:28 - Mar 13 by felixstowe_jack

Funny how brentford get 3 points at Blackburn with 41% we get 3 points at Luton with 43% and our fans once again moan.

Yep, we weren’t second best at all.

We take the lead and challenge the opposition to break us down. That doesn’t mean they are then better than us if they have more of the ball.

They couldn’t break us down and we therefor won.

As I said in a previous post, there was no luck in our goal. There was no luck involved in them not scoring. We deservedly won.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024