Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. 17:15 - Mar 10 with 840 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kristopher Peterson only ever played 7 games for Swansea. Two of them were in the Caraboa Cup where he played well against weak opposition. . August 2019 to October 2020.

I reckon he would be pretty useful now in the Jamal Lowe role. 4 goals in 17 appearances for Fortuna Duseeldorf. A full swedish international. He was a permanent signing by Cooper.

The way I read it he got demoralised, his agent found a new club to join, and went straight to the chairman demanding to leave.

Are we seeing a repeat of this with a similar player Paul Arriola?. This guy deserves respect. Similar goalscoring record to Peterson. Cooper was upset the Chairman sold Peterson. I have no idea why. He did not manage his signing properly and appears to making the same mistake again.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 17:37 - Mar 10 with 802 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely the way I see it.
It might be negative though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 17:48 - Mar 10 with 800 viewsChief

One key difference however appears to be that Arriola was not a Cooper signing.....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 17:54 - Mar 10 with 793 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 17:48 - Mar 10 by Chief

One key difference however appears to be that Arriola was not a Cooper signing.....

There is no difference. Both are good players who can score. He did not pick Peterson and he demanded to leave. He does not pick Arriola. Both were fit and fresh and talented. Laudrup did not pick Bony but played him. Guidolin had never heard of Fer but picked him on merit. He is making the same mistake twice.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 17:59 - Mar 10 with 774 viewsonehunglow

He s supposed to be a manager so he is responsible .if not he is no manager

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:03 - Mar 10 with 776 viewsChief

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 17:54 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

There is no difference. Both are good players who can score. He did not pick Peterson and he demanded to leave. He does not pick Arriola. Both were fit and fresh and talented. Laudrup did not pick Bony but played him. Guidolin had never heard of Fer but picked him on merit. He is making the same mistake twice.

This isn't black and white. Just because Peterson was supposedly a Cooper signing, it didn't mean he settled in the area well for example or performed well in training. Cooper didn't regularly pick Palmer either and he was his signing too. Places in the team should be earnt&from what i saw, Peterson wasn't up to much. Cooper obviously agreed.

What evidence do you actually have that Arriola is good enough to play us? Don't say "because he's an international", because thats already been disproved on another thread as flawed logic. I don't think Morris was a Cooper signing either but he was prepared to give him minutes, in my mind he must have showed promise in training&he showed in games, he had something to offer. Its up to Arriola to prove that he can be similarly effective.

And Arriola is injured by the way.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:19 - Mar 10 with 753 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:03 - Mar 10 by Chief

This isn't black and white. Just because Peterson was supposedly a Cooper signing, it didn't mean he settled in the area well for example or performed well in training. Cooper didn't regularly pick Palmer either and he was his signing too. Places in the team should be earnt&from what i saw, Peterson wasn't up to much. Cooper obviously agreed.

What evidence do you actually have that Arriola is good enough to play us? Don't say "because he's an international", because thats already been disproved on another thread as flawed logic. I don't think Morris was a Cooper signing either but he was prepared to give him minutes, in my mind he must have showed promise in training&he showed in games, he had something to offer. Its up to Arriola to prove that he can be similarly effective.

And Arriola is injured by the way.

My argument is that Cooper rated Peterson and wanted to keep him. He however steadfastly refused to play him. This suugests it does not matter if Arriola is doing well in training or not. Cooper has confirmed Arriola is training well and very enthusiastic.

Peterson was doing well in training and Cooper planned on using him but never actually got around to actually playing him either from the start or off the bench. 7 games in 12 months. He apologised for not playing Dhanda as well.

This is perhaps a pattern of a lack of attention to detail and forgetting about fringe players. This can be excused when winning but while the first team are stale and individuals complaining about tiredness it has to be questioned. I am suggesting it is poor mangement. Palmer in aprticualr deserved more time on the pitch. Palmer was good enough Peterson was good enough and Arriola is good enough. Lowe and Ayew are knackered.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:36 - Mar 10 with 743 viewsChief

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:19 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

My argument is that Cooper rated Peterson and wanted to keep him. He however steadfastly refused to play him. This suugests it does not matter if Arriola is doing well in training or not. Cooper has confirmed Arriola is training well and very enthusiastic.

Peterson was doing well in training and Cooper planned on using him but never actually got around to actually playing him either from the start or off the bench. 7 games in 12 months. He apologised for not playing Dhanda as well.

This is perhaps a pattern of a lack of attention to detail and forgetting about fringe players. This can be excused when winning but while the first team are stale and individuals complaining about tiredness it has to be questioned. I am suggesting it is poor mangement. Palmer in aprticualr deserved more time on the pitch. Palmer was good enough Peterson was good enough and Arriola is good enough. Lowe and Ayew are knackered.

In what way does the Peterson situation suggest anything about Arriola? They are different players. Cooper used Morris and he i assume wasn't his signing. Cooper is using Dhanda. He played last night.

Again, how do you know Arriola is good enough?

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:47 - Mar 10 with 731 viewsonehunglow

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:36 - Mar 10 by Chief

In what way does the Peterson situation suggest anything about Arriola? They are different players. Cooper used Morris and he i assume wasn't his signing. Cooper is using Dhanda. He played last night.

How do you know he is not?

How do you also know Whitaker isnt ready to start.

Login to get fewer ads

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:55 - Mar 10 with 727 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:36 - Mar 10 by Chief

Arriola is 26 year old US international. They have a relatively easy qualifiying but they always do well in major tournments. He has around 27 caps. They do not pick bad players.

Peterson was not managed well by Cooper. He signed the player and only gave him 7 chances on the pitch. A full Swedish international. He would be an asset now. Cooper should have given Arriola more game time but is making the same mistakes it seems to me.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 19:03 - Mar 10 with 721 viewsChief

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 18:55 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Arriola is 26 year old US international. They have a relatively easy qualifiying but they always do well in major tournments. He has around 27 caps. They do not pick bad players.

Peterson was not managed well by Cooper. He signed the player and only gave him 7 chances on the pitch. A full Swedish international. He would be an asset now. Cooper should have given Arriola more game time but is making the same mistakes it seems to me.

We've been through this, I've told you who he's been picked to play against. Very opposition. Goals against St Vincent don't automatically mean you're good enough for the championship.

Again how do you know Peterson would be an asset?

There's absolutely no evidence that either are or were good enough to play more than a part than they have for us. The facts speak for themselves. Cooper's not going deliberately ignore a good player who can contribute is he? Routledge came on last night, which puts pay to your he forgets fringe players argument out of the water too.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 19:21 - Mar 10 with 702 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 19:03 - Mar 10 by Chief

We've been through this, I've told you who he's been picked to play against. Very opposition. Goals against St Vincent don't automatically mean you're good enough for the championship.

Again how do you know Peterson would be an asset?

There's absolutely no evidence that either are or were good enough to play more than a part than they have for us. The facts speak for themselves. Cooper's not going deliberately ignore a good player who can contribute is he? Routledge came on last night, which puts pay to your he forgets fringe players argument out of the water too.

Cooper was upset at losing Peterson. He made that pretty clear causing friction with the Chairman which was highly regretible and avoidable. it was his own fault. He rated the player but he did not manifest that rating by picking him. It is a problem with his management style it seems to me. A lack of attention to detail. A blind spot perhaps. An avoidance of risk taking and experimentation leaving fringe players out in the cold.

USA is a highly rated team with very good players that does well in all intenrational tournaments. Apart from the big forward that played for Sunderland their players usually do well. Dikes at Barnsley, The speedsters at Newcastle , and big stars like Clint Dempsey Carlos Bocannegro and Bran McBride at Fulham in days gone by.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 19:40 - Mar 10 with 682 viewsChief

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 19:21 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper was upset at losing Peterson. He made that pretty clear causing friction with the Chairman which was highly regretible and avoidable. it was his own fault. He rated the player but he did not manifest that rating by picking him. It is a problem with his management style it seems to me. A lack of attention to detail. A blind spot perhaps. An avoidance of risk taking and experimentation leaving fringe players out in the cold.

USA is a highly rated team with very good players that does well in all intenrational tournaments. Apart from the big forward that played for Sunderland their players usually do well. Dikes at Barnsley, The speedsters at Newcastle , and big stars like Clint Dempsey Carlos Bocannegro and Bran McBride at Fulham in days gone by.

I believe he was more upset at the manner of losing Peterson, which was obviously unacceptable. Yes he laid it on thick, but as I've said, the proof was in the pudding, he wasn't being used, he was despensible. But that's the only fringe player at that time who was being left out in the cold. That says to me it's more personal to Peterson himself and his quality than any oversight.

Past USA players have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on how good Arriola is now. And USA didn't qualify for the world cup during Arriola's time, so they aren't very good currently. And they are even worse when they pick domestic squads, but they are still good enough to beat the likes of Curaçao and Trinidad against whom Arriola has bagged goals / assists. But that in no way suggests he's good enough to play in the championship. He needs to prove it himself to Cooper. He obviously hasn't yet. I hope he does.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 20:02 - Mar 10 with 667 viewsonehunglow

You don't know Chief do you?
I ask some tough questions I know,the ones some don't like as it makes them feel uncomfortable. The truth often upsets.

Petersen was shafted.Potentially a terrific asset who was marginalised whilst lesser players were first on the team sheet. We are also no better minus Celina ,another destroyed by cooper.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 20:08 - Mar 10 with 662 viewsChief

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 20:02 - Mar 10 by onehunglow

You don't know Chief do you?
I ask some tough questions I know,the ones some don't like as it makes them feel uncomfortable. The truth often upsets.

Petersen was shafted.Potentially a terrific asset who was marginalised whilst lesser players were first on the team sheet. We are also no better minus Celina ,another destroyed by cooper.

Don't know what? What truth? Are these ramblings relevant?

What evidence was there to suggest that Peterson was potentially 'a terrific asset'? If he was any good Cooper would have played him more. He had literally nothing to gain my cutting off his nose to spite his face in leaving him out.

And we are a lot better off without Celina playing! As much as i liked him as a player (albeit slightly frustrating), we didn't get to a sustained 3rd place in the league with him playing did we!?

I love the overreactions on this forum.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 20:10]

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 20:50 - Mar 10 with 618 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 20:08 - Mar 10 by Chief

Don't know what? What truth? Are these ramblings relevant?

What evidence was there to suggest that Peterson was potentially 'a terrific asset'? If he was any good Cooper would have played him more. He had literally nothing to gain my cutting off his nose to spite his face in leaving him out.

And we are a lot better off without Celina playing! As much as i liked him as a player (albeit slightly frustrating), we didn't get to a sustained 3rd place in the league with him playing did we!?

I love the overreactions on this forum.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 20:10]

The arguement that "Cooper would have played him more if he was any good" does not stack up. Cooper signed him and wanted to keep him at the club. He was angry he was sold. He was good, he has played well in Germany scoring 4 in 17 games. I am arguing this aspect of his coaching is a weak point that needs addressing. He did not expect peterson to lose patience with him but he did leaving his bos in a bad place.

The same could happen with Arriola. At least you can agree he is a usefula asset. He will not be if he decides to go home without warning. As he said he did not come here to make up the numbers.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 20:58 - Mar 10 with 610 viewsChief

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 20:50 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

The arguement that "Cooper would have played him more if he was any good" does not stack up. Cooper signed him and wanted to keep him at the club. He was angry he was sold. He was good, he has played well in Germany scoring 4 in 17 games. I am arguing this aspect of his coaching is a weak point that needs addressing. He did not expect peterson to lose patience with him but he did leaving his bos in a bad place.

The same could happen with Arriola. At least you can agree he is a usefula asset. He will not be if he decides to go home without warning. As he said he did not come here to make up the numbers.

Of course it does, if he was good enough to play why wouldn't have Cooper played him more?

What is the weak point? Not playing a player who didn't show much promise in the games he did play in and can't have done much in training either? Some transfers just don't work out. It is what it is.

Well i can't and haven't said that Arriola is a useful asset. Id like him to become one, but there's no evidence yet that he will.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 21:17 - Mar 10 with 591 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 20:58 - Mar 10 by Chief

Of course it does, if he was good enough to play why wouldn't have Cooper played him more?

What is the weak point? Not playing a player who didn't show much promise in the games he did play in and can't have done much in training either? Some transfers just don't work out. It is what it is.

Well i can't and haven't said that Arriola is a useful asset. Id like him to become one, but there's no evidence yet that he will.

There is clear evidence that he could be a useful asset. The references of his international manager for one and the views of the Swansea owners which I suggest should also be factored in. He is up against a true Swansea great like Routledge but he is 36 years old.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 21:21 - Mar 10 with 586 viewsChief

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 21:17 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

There is clear evidence that he could be a useful asset. The references of his international manager for one and the views of the Swansea owners which I suggest should also be factored in. He is up against a true Swansea great like Routledge but he is 36 years old.

His international manager is bound to big him up, probably chuffed he's come to Europe in the hope it'll improve him. Similar with the owners, they aren't exactly going to not big up a player owned by DC and loaned to Swansea are they? They are the least impartial witnesses ever.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 22:21 - Mar 10 with 538 viewsKeithHaynes

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 17:54 - Mar 10 by ReslovenSwan1

I’m unsure why the Petersen and Cooper thing was an issue or not, what I do know he had him at Liverpool as a youngster and rated him very highly, hence the signing for us. And why Cooper was absolutely fuming when he was sold without his knowledge until it was too late.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 10:09 - Mar 11 with 433 viewsonehunglow

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 22:21 - Mar 10 by KeithHaynes

I’m unsure why the Petersen and Cooper thing was an issue or not, what I do know he had him at Liverpool as a youngster and rated him very highly, hence the signing for us. And why Cooper was absolutely fuming when he was sold without his knowledge until it was too late.

Should he not have walked Keith on a matter of principle. I felt that about Potter who was also similiarly shafted but kept schtum.

If Cooper had walked ,he would have been able to find another job easily and reveal our owners true worth.

It is all about our Owners

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 11:34 - Mar 11 with 389 viewsBadlands

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 10:09 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

Should he not have walked Keith on a matter of principle. I felt that about Potter who was also similiarly shafted but kept schtum.

If Cooper had walked ,he would have been able to find another job easily and reveal our owners true worth.

It is all about our Owners

Potter was not 'shafted'.
If reports of comments are correct, Cooper had more he players he wanted more than any manager I can recall.
You have a problem with the majority owners, i get it, but turning threads into attacks on them seems to be an addiction.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 11:40 - Mar 11 with 381 viewsonehunglow

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 11:34 - Mar 11 by Badlands

Potter was not 'shafted'.
If reports of comments are correct, Cooper had more he players he wanted more than any manager I can recall.
You have a problem with the majority owners, i get it, but turning threads into attacks on them seems to be an addiction.

Well,you have it wrong,yet again.

Attacks?

Shafted to me mean having things brought upon an individual without their knowledge or permission. If a player is brought into a club when the manager does not want him or does not need him then he is being shafted.

I hope you too are not turning this personal.

I have backed you up when getting pelters and will carry on doing o if I feel it s merited.

I "attack" our owners?.If you like ,yes,a I feel they are not right for us and their acquisition was such that it has led to possible legal action so others feel the same .Apparently.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 14:57 - Mar 11 with 340 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 11:40 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

Well,you have it wrong,yet again.

Attacks?

Shafted to me mean having things brought upon an individual without their knowledge or permission. If a player is brought into a club when the manager does not want him or does not need him then he is being shafted.

I hope you too are not turning this personal.

I have backed you up when getting pelters and will carry on doing o if I feel it s merited.

I "attack" our owners?.If you like ,yes,a I feel they are not right for us and their acquisition was such that it has led to possible legal action so others feel the same .Apparently.

Swansea have always brought in players not necessarily requested by the manager. Cooper is rookie manager and like Sousa back in the day does not have a lot of contracts outside the age group he worked in.

No one thinks
Sousa chose Beatie Kuqi an Trundle
Martinez chose Bodde
Laudrup chose Bony and Amat
Monk did not pick Eder and fat Franck
Gyuidolin did not chose Fer

In fact Guidolin signed Fer and stated he had never heard of him. Guidolin knew Paloschi who flopped and Llorente who was great.

Potter used his right hand man to sign Celina Asoro and McKay. Declan John muight not be his pick. He sulked when the club rightly declined to spend £6m on Ryan Woods while Grimes was already at the club and has performed better than Woods.

If Cooper is not picking Arriola becasue he is not his pick then he should be sacked. It could be the same as Martinez not picking Bodde. It is a team effort and Cooper must be pat of the team. Cooper has been backed to the hilt with Guehi, Latibeaudirere, Brewster and Gallagher and Peterson.

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 15:00 - Mar 11 with 338 viewsChief

Kristopher Peterson leasons not learned. on 14:57 - Mar 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea have always brought in players not necessarily requested by the manager. Cooper is rookie manager and like Sousa back in the day does not have a lot of contracts outside the age group he worked in.

No one thinks
Sousa chose Beatie Kuqi an Trundle
Martinez chose Bodde
Laudrup chose Bony and Amat
Monk did not pick Eder and fat Franck
Gyuidolin did not chose Fer

In fact Guidolin signed Fer and stated he had never heard of him. Guidolin knew Paloschi who flopped and Llorente who was great.

Potter used his right hand man to sign Celina Asoro and McKay. Declan John muight not be his pick. He sulked when the club rightly declined to spend £6m on Ryan Woods while Grimes was already at the club and has performed better than Woods.

If Cooper is not picking Arriola becasue he is not his pick then he should be sacked. It could be the same as Martinez not picking Bodde. It is a team effort and Cooper must be pat of the team. Cooper has been backed to the hilt with Guehi, Latibeaudirere, Brewster and Gallagher and Peterson.

"If Cooper is not picking Arriola becasue he is not his pick then he should be sacked."

Cooper most probably didn't pick Morris either but he was getting game time. Stop this baseless conspiracy theory. It's getting silly.

Arriola isn't Pele. Get over it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024