Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s hope common sense prevails 18:52 - Mar 10 with 744 viewspencoedjack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-wales-politics-56345691

& Westminster does what the majority of sensible people in Wales see as a necessity to bring business into South Wales.
Let’s hope common sense prevails on 19:21 - Mar 10 with 720 viewsFlashberryjack

Common sense isn't that common in the Welsh assembly.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 19:31 - Mar 10 with 711 viewsWingstandwood

If there is a refusal to accept both money and partnership to move Wales forward, serious questions will need to be asked. Who in their right mind would seriously be happy with (HTV Wales reporting) 1960's standard infrastructure that'll get even worse with the passage of time?

Argus!

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 23:01 - Mar 10 with 653 viewsKilkennyjack

The UK govt can provide extra funds to Welsh Govt (play along).
The Welsh Govt decides where its spent in Wales.

Creating an expanded M4 is clearly wrong, there have been zero queues for 12 months.
The old traffic patterns may never ever return for many.
Sustainability is also big news - and this would be a great big fat own goal.

Btw - this is all about Johnson undermining devolution. Its games.
I hope you can see this.

Beware of the Risen People

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 00:06 - Mar 11 with 644 viewsmajorraglan

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 23:01 - Mar 10 by Kilkennyjack

Creating an expanded M4 is clearly wrong, there have been zero queues for 12 months.

I hope you can see this.

We need an expanded M4 end of, our future prosperity depend on it.

Working from home will reduce some traffic, but Boris has gone on record to say he wants to see people back in city centre offices and it will happen. No queues for 12 months is because we are in a pandemic and lockdown.

Sustainability is big news that’s why cars will be electric and the power to charge them will be from wind and solar.

I agree with you re undermining devolution, but on this issue I would side with Westminster.
Let’s hope common sense prevails on 07:43 - Mar 11 with 599 viewspencoedjack

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 23:01 - Mar 10 by Kilkennyjack

I hope you can see this.

As I said in my initial post sensible people.

When you are of the age of being able to drive & understand the need for good transport links to attract/keep companies to an area you will understand the need for a relief road.
Let’s hope common sense prevails on 07:46 - Mar 11 with 597 viewsKilkennyjack

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 07:43 - Mar 11 by pencoedjack

As I said in my initial post sensible people.

When you are of the age of being able to drive & understand the need for good transport links to attract/keep companies to an area you will understand the need for a relief road.

Look up Climate Change dumbo, of yes and then look up work from home.

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:02 - Mar 11 with 570 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 07:46 - Mar 11 by Kilkennyjack

Only a stubborn fool would refuse an offer of help and money to sort out a congestion problem that has gone on for over 20s years . While Drakeford dithers Wales main artery clogs up harming the future property of Wales.

Funny how Drakeford accepted UK taxpayers money to dual the heads of the valley road. Admittedly the UK had to give the money to the EU first before the EU returned some of it to Wales and put up big signs saying " funded by the EU. "

So it seems if the UK offers Wales money it is undermining devolution but if the EU money does it helps devolution.

How ironic.

Cars , stop starting and crawling along in low gears the M4 cause more pollution than cars driving at a constant speed.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:09 - Mar 11 with 567 viewscontroversial_jack

We have a 50mph motorway in many places that needs to be returned to 70mph. It's even slower along the dual carriageway into Swansea. It would piss me off if i was a potential investor thinking of coming here.
Login to get fewer ads

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:12 - Mar 11 with 563 viewsonehunglow

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:09 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

We have a 50mph motorway in many places that needs to be returned to 70mph. It's even slower along the dual carriageway into Swansea. It would piss me off if i was a potential investor thinking of coming here.

50 mph seems prevalent on many motorways.

It comes down to the old argument about speed and death

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:13 - Mar 11 with 562 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:12 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

50 mph seems prevalent on many motorways.

It comes down to the old argument about speed and death

It is strange when you can speed along a country lane at 60mph but only 50mph on a major motorway.

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:21 - Mar 11 with 556 viewsCatullus

Look up electric cars Dumbo, then look up how many people physically cannot work from home. You know, lorry drivers, taxi and bus drivers, ambulances and NHS workers, police.....the list is quite long.

Even though my wife can and is working from home right now they will expect her to return to the office at some point, even if only for 2 or 3 days a week and many other businesses will say the same.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/10/working-from-home-misery.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/10/career-costs-working-from-h

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/work-from-home-wfh-work-at-home-drawbacks.html

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:29 - Mar 11 with 548 viewsonehunglow

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:13 - Mar 11 by felixstowe_jack

It is strange when you can speed along a country lane at 60mph but only 50mph on a major motorway.

Can but shouldn't a a matter of right. You drive as per the prevailing conditions no matter what the limit.

If it's road works then fair enough. The biggest issue I have is smart motorways which to me are madness and the biggest faux pas ever on British roads.To break down now is a huge lottery considering so many foreign drivers are at the wheel watching a DVD or attached to their phone.

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 14:41 - Mar 11 with 510 viewspencoedjack

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:02 - Mar 11 by felixstowe_jack

Only a stubborn fool would refuse an offer of help and money to sort out a congestion problem that has gone on for over 20s years . While Drakeford dithers Wales main artery clogs up harming the future property of Wales.

Funny how Drakeford accepted UK taxpayers money to dual the heads of the valley road. Admittedly the UK had to give the money to the EU first before the EU returned some of it to Wales and put up big signs saying " funded by the EU. "

So it seems if the UK offers Wales money it is undermining devolution but if the EU money does it helps devolution.

How ironic.

Cars , stop starting and crawling along in low gears the M4 cause more pollution than cars driving at a constant speed.

The kid is an idiot FJ hardly worth responding too.
Let’s hope common sense prevails on 15:10 - Mar 11 with 495 viewsraynor94

dumbo? It's amazing how many times you post insults when you get rattled, do you work from home, or do you travel?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 15:41 - Mar 11 with 487 viewspencoedjack

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 15:10 - Mar 11 by raynor94

dumbo? It's amazing how many times you post insults when you get rattled, do you work from home, or do you travel?

He does it all the time whenever I want to humour myself by replying to one of his ill informed posts.

Work? Paper round at best.
Let’s hope common sense prevails on 15:59 - Mar 11 with 482 viewsCatullus

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 10:13 - Mar 11 by felixstowe_jack

it's people going fast that cause the clogging up though! Speeding causes virtual traffic jams. If everybody on the motorway drove at a similar speed the motorway traffic would move more freely.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 17:25 - Mar 11 with 473 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 15:59 - Mar 11 by Catullus

it's people going fast that cause the clogging up though! Speeding causes virtual traffic jams. If everybody on the motorway drove at a similar speed the motorway traffic would move more freely.

Unfortunately it does not matter how people drive you can't get three lanes of traffic through the two lanes of the brynglas tunnels without congestion. This has been plain to see for the last 20 years but labour and Drakeford cannot find a solution. Hopefully once the Clydach gorge part of the heads of valley road is completed (only two years late.) I can use it and bypass the m4 every time I travel to Wales.

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 17:53 - Mar 11 with 460 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 15:59 - Mar 11 by Catullus

Agreed. People going slowly on the motorway don’t help either, especially those who insist on driving slowly in the middle lane.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 17:55 - Mar 11 with 457 viewsonehunglow

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 17:53 - Mar 11 by Joe_bradshaw

Agreed. People going slowly on the motorway don’t help either, especially those who insist on driving slowly in the middle lane.

Joe, people as a rule can’t drive. They train to pass a driving test then get into appalling habits. Most men would rather be called a bad lover than a bad driver.

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 17:57 - Mar 11 with 457 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder where Wales would be had a competent government been in charge for the past decade.

Instead we dish out money on failing businesses (airports, car factories etc) whilst ignoring the critical issues preventing Wales' economy from growing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 18:00 - Mar 11 with 450 viewsonehunglow

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 17:57 - Mar 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder where Wales would be had a competent government been in charge for the past decade.

Instead we dish out money on failing businesses (airports, car factories etc) whilst ignoring the critical issues preventing Wales' economy from growing.

I’m not sure they want it to grow as that would involve profit which is anathema to lefties.
Basically the State keeps everyone and pays for everything

Things have to be paid for..

Who pays what and how depends on your politics.

Tories will always be vile.

Labour will always be best

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 21:00 - Mar 11 with 426 viewsKilkennyjack

Let’s hope common sense prevails on 17:57 - Mar 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We would be in New Zealand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024