Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half 21:32 - Mar 13 with 1656 viewsNotLoyal

Was that the same player ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 10:24 - Mar 15 with 317 viewsangryjack

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 10:05 - Mar 15 by Catullus

Dhanda is creative and skilfull but he's not a 90 minute player. He drifts in and out of games and fades badly in the 2nd half.

It's up to Coops to find the answer.

Saying he is only 22 is hardly an answer, Gibbs-White is only 21 and a far better player. The question for us is, do we give Dhanda the time to see if he becomes what we need? He may just be a late developer but can we afford to wait?

Have you noticed Swansea city are not a 90 minute footballing team they usually play positive for 45 minutes until they get a goal and then its about holding out defending which don't suit him or any flair p!Ayers we got.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 10:40]
Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 11:39 - Mar 15 with 295 viewsploppy

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 10:24 - Mar 15 by angryjack

Have you noticed Swansea city are not a 90 minute footballing team they usually play positive for 45 minutes until they get a goal and then its about holding out defending which don't suit him or any flair p!Ayers we got.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 10:40]

Have you noticed that in the best 45mins we've played for a long time - the first half against Bristol City - that Dhanda contributed the square root of naff all? Except for missing a golden opportunity when he shot straight at the keeper following a poor first touch. He did very well in setting up the goal against Luton but for me, overall he doesn't do enough.
Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 12:03 - Mar 15 with 292 viewsangryjack

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 11:39 - Mar 15 by ploppy

Have you noticed that in the best 45mins we've played for a long time - the first half against Bristol City - that Dhanda contributed the square root of naff all? Except for missing a golden opportunity when he shot straight at the keeper following a poor first touch. He did very well in setting up the goal against Luton but for me, overall he doesn't do enough.

Maybe for you,,for me he's best footballer in squad also he was keeping ball moving getting it giving being there for return against Bristol city considering it was the best 45 minutes what did we do as a team naff all can't just point out him
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 12:06]
Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 12:16 - Mar 15 with 284 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Dhanda blows hot and cold. You can clearly see he has vision, he can see a pass and is one of the handful of players we have who will even attempt those passes in behind- it's just that he's not a good enough player to consistently execute them.

Some people see Dhanda the playmaker, who buzzes about, looks comfortable with the ball at his feet and has an eye for the killer ball. He is at times that player.

Others see a lightweight player, who gives the ball away far too often with poorly executed passes and leaves us basically a man short in the middle of the park. He's that player too.

Whilst he has some quality, I don't think he produces it regularly enough at this level to counteract the negative aspects of his game. Of course, our style of play doesn't help him at all either. I think he'd be at his best playing for a team at the top end of league one that likes to play good, attacking football. A team that can afford to carry him a bit, but also at a lower standard where 70%+ of what he tries come off, rather than only half of it.
Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 12:24 - Mar 15 with 282 viewsangryjack

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 12:16 - Mar 15 by LittleEnglandJack

Dhanda blows hot and cold. You can clearly see he has vision, he can see a pass and is one of the handful of players we have who will even attempt those passes in behind- it's just that he's not a good enough player to consistently execute them.

Some people see Dhanda the playmaker, who buzzes about, looks comfortable with the ball at his feet and has an eye for the killer ball. He is at times that player.

Others see a lightweight player, who gives the ball away far too often with poorly executed passes and leaves us basically a man short in the middle of the park. He's that player too.

Whilst he has some quality, I don't think he produces it regularly enough at this level to counteract the negative aspects of his game. Of course, our style of play doesn't help him at all either. I think he'd be at his best playing for a team at the top end of league one that likes to play good, attacking football. A team that can afford to carry him a bit, but also at a lower standard where 70%+ of what he tries come off, rather than only half of it.

Sometimes if you really understand football its not only the distributer that makes the pass A good pass ,its the player he passing too, movement off the ball to receive that pass, and more than often he gives the right waited pass, but the players movement Ain't good enough, I.e Lowe for a start.you can see dhanda head up looking for a ball behind full back, but the run not there,so ,many times, he turns back looking for another outlet,that's where I go back to, if he played in a more positive team with better quick movement, instead of pedestrianised football.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 13:48]
Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 23:42 - Mar 15 with 220 viewsAndyCole

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 12:24 - Mar 15 by angryjack

Sometimes if you really understand football its not only the distributer that makes the pass A good pass ,its the player he passing too, movement off the ball to receive that pass, and more than often he gives the right waited pass, but the players movement Ain't good enough, I.e Lowe for a start.you can see dhanda head up looking for a ball behind full back, but the run not there,so ,many times, he turns back looking for another outlet,that's where I go back to, if he played in a more positive team with better quick movement, instead of pedestrianised football.

That said, it doesn't give him the right to flail his arms in disgust at all of our players' inability to read his world class vision.

He far too often shrugs his shoulders, or worse flails both arms in frustration. He often does this when he's too tired to receive possession whilst standing in no-man's land. For anyone that's played the game, it's a sure sign of cheating of the worst order.

Overall, it's one of either:

- he's way too world class for our team, West Brom or Liverpool, or
- he's punching way above his weight and needs a stint in the lower leagues to gain some proper self perspective

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 00:23 - Mar 16 with 215 viewsangryjack

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 23:42 - Mar 15 by AndyCole

That said, it doesn't give him the right to flail his arms in disgust at all of our players' inability to read his world class vision.

He far too often shrugs his shoulders, or worse flails both arms in frustration. He often does this when he's too tired to receive possession whilst standing in no-man's land. For anyone that's played the game, it's a sure sign of cheating of the worst order.

Overall, it's one of either:

- he's way too world class for our team, West Brom or Liverpool, or
- he's punching way above his weight and needs a stint in the lower leagues to gain some proper self perspective

He's suited to a good footballing team,our negative style after going ahead doesn't suit him,,BTW not seen him shrug his shoulder's or flaikl his arms in frustration but can understand why if he did,,many times on a field if a teammate has not given me the ball after making a good run or a teammate has not made a run into an area to receive in turn leaving me isolated with ball I have been frustrated..but I think his attitude is ok
Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 12:40 - Mar 16 with 188 viewsCatullus

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 12:24 - Mar 15 by angryjack

Most often the movement makes the pass, yes. But if the pass is on but is poorly executed it makes no difference.

Other people will point to Dhanda being physically weak and getting nudged off the ball too often. Then, when we are defending hs isn't up to that, what was it someone said, that he gets ragdolled, because of that weakness maybe?

I take your point about Lowe though, not just him. There have been plenty of times a forward pass is on and our players are being too negative. Even if a pass doesn't come, a forard run can drag a player and make space. We take too long to pass and often we roll the ball instead of putting some pace on it, we make it easy for defenders, for me that's why we have so few shots on target, we let defences get organised, get in our way before we have a go. Our wing backs get forward, get a cross in and how many players are in the middle. How many headers have we scored from open play? I do know Ayew and Lowe between them have played 69 games, have 23 goals and have had 143 shots with 62 on target so between the two of them, less than one shot on target per match,

https://fbref.com/en/squads/fb10988f/Swansea-City-Stats

Scoring is our big problem, especially as when we do score we turn so negative. We could win by more if we tried, why do we retreat? It was a massive strength, our defence but we look more shaky these days. We don't control the game like we used to.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 18:22 - Mar 16 with 161 viewsangryjack

Dhanda first half, Dhanda second half on 12:40 - Mar 16 by Catullus

Most often the movement makes the pass, yes. But if the pass is on but is poorly executed it makes no difference.

Other people will point to Dhanda being physically weak and getting nudged off the ball too often. Then, when we are defending hs isn't up to that, what was it someone said, that he gets ragdolled, because of that weakness maybe?

I take your point about Lowe though, not just him. There have been plenty of times a forward pass is on and our players are being too negative. Even if a pass doesn't come, a forard run can drag a player and make space. We take too long to pass and often we roll the ball instead of putting some pace on it, we make it easy for defenders, for me that's why we have so few shots on target, we let defences get organised, get in our way before we have a go. Our wing backs get forward, get a cross in and how many players are in the middle. How many headers have we scored from open play? I do know Ayew and Lowe between them have played 69 games, have 23 goals and have had 143 shots with 62 on target so between the two of them, less than one shot on target per match,

https://fbref.com/en/squads/fb10988f/Swansea-City-Stats

Scoring is our big problem, especially as when we do score we turn so negative. We could win by more if we tried, why do we retreat? It was a massive strength, our defence but we look more shaky these days. We don't control the game like we used to.

Good managers are sussing us out all our threats usually come from our wing backs hardly anything through middle,teams are going man for man on them not allowing space and pressing our 3 in middle and leaving our back 3 have ball they co me so far but nothing on so just try cross field balls or balls down line,when this happens we too rigid,we should then get our movement better by interchanging someone running deep bringing a man with him and creating a space for someone to run from deep and so on..but we just sit in rigid system and no options on as our movement off ball is crap
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024