Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? 16:19 - Mar 26 with 1747 viewsReslovenSwan1

Here goes on a controversial subject. However openess is always good.

We are in a era of downgrading the academy that has been so sucessful and the club needs loans to full fill all its obligations.

It is therefore reasonable to ask how much does the womens team cost and who pays for it? How long has the Swansea city women teams been going?. I note an ever increasing media profile and have a vague idea thy went to Europe for a game or two. I personally have no interest in it at all but wish them good luck anyway.

Is the team costing the club a few £100ks and is it from the clubs current account or is a funded by the FA or FAW or other sources. Leigh Dineen is the chairman.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 19:06 - Mar 26 with 1497 viewsCatullus

Good question.

To me any sports team needs to stand on it's own two feet. If keeping a womens team going is costing the mens team then why? The women won't play in mens football, or vice versa. They should be a seperate entity and fund themselves or find an owner willing to help.
If mens football is going to be a sugar daddy for womens football, isn't that a bit patriarchal in this day and age? If we're on that road then the Swans should pay for the Bravehearts too and we should have a full disabled league, it's only fair.

I'm not against womens football, to be honest they are far more honest than men, less diving, fewer hystrionics. I have only watched a few games but there was no rolling over 10 times, screaming like they'd been skewered like a stuck pig. The women, it seemed to me, got up and got on with it. They were flying into tackles too, some of them would have left some of the men crying.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 20:04 - Mar 26 with 1478 viewsTenbySwan

I'm all for Women's football and Wales have been doing really well, and it's great to see Swansea developing. It's a long long way behind the men but needs every encouragement.

Anything with the sell outs involved though stinks to me and they need to feck right off.
Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 09:55 - Mar 27 with 1412 views1983

Swansea City is Swansea City is if you don't like "Swansea City Football Club" then funk off back to the 1970's
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 9:56]

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:18 - Mar 27 with 1352 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much does Swansea city FC pay to run the Ladies team? A question of Mr Winters in the next fans forum.

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 16:17 - Mar 27 with 1318 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:18 - Mar 27 by ReslovenSwan1

How much does Swansea city FC pay to run the Ladies team? A question of Mr Winters in the next fans forum.

& do they cook their own lunches and wash their kit? ;-)
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 16:17]
Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 16:27 - Mar 27 with 1311 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:18 - Mar 27 by ReslovenSwan1

I look forward to you asking it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 19:24 - Mar 27 with 1251 viewsGaryjack

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 16:27 - Mar 27 by Joe_bradshaw

I look forward to you asking it.

Brilliant
Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 19:31 - Mar 27 with 1243 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 19:24 - Mar 27 by Garyjack

Brilliant

I probably will if I am around Swansea why not?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 00:12 - Mar 28 with 1187 viewsGaryjack

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 19:31 - Mar 27 by ReslovenSwan1

I probably will if I am around Swansea why not?

Where else would you be apart from Resolven? In the New York stock exchange?
Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 11:30 - Mar 28 with 1116 viewsKilkennyjack

Our club is for everyone.

I hope the club are doing everything possible to support them.
That includes coaching, facilities, and medical support.

Lets be the progressive club we can be.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:09 - Mar 28 with 1092 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 11:30 - Mar 28 by Kilkennyjack

Our club is for everyone.

I hope the club are doing everything possible to support them.
That includes coaching, facilities, and medical support.

Lets be the progressive club we can be.

Today’s game

Swansea City Women On The Indy 13th Nov 2023 19:55
See the latest tweets from the Swansea City women timeline. They are now making great strides under the current ownership and are semi professional for the 2023/24 season. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 16:55 - Mar 28 with 1055 viewsGwyn737

Does the men’s team run at a profit?
Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:12 - Mar 29 with 961 viewsshaggyrogers

Womens team does not belong to club. It is amateur and plays under a service agreement with the club so i guess it costs the club nothing other than some kit
Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:44 - Mar 29 with 942 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 16:55 - Mar 28 by Gwyn737

Does the men’s team run at a profit?

Doubtful at the moment but we were doing ok.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:48 - Mar 29 with 936 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:12 - Mar 29 by shaggyrogers

Womens team does not belong to club. It is amateur and plays under a service agreement with the club so i guess it costs the club nothing other than some kit

Ihave no objecion to some kit, nor to some other help, use of facilities, a bit of coaching, use of a pitch.

I think womens football could be good enough to stand by itself and not need bailing out by the mens team. Equality and all that.

Women are good enough they just need to build support.

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:49 - Mar 29 with 935 viewsBoundy

All for it , they're wearing the Clubs kit and seem proud to do so. The womens game isn't going anywhere other than up and hopefully ours will be part of the rise in popularity

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 19:38 - Mar 29 with 880 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:49 - Mar 29 by Boundy

All for it , they're wearing the Clubs kit and seem proud to do so. The womens game isn't going anywhere other than up and hopefully ours will be part of the rise in popularity

I have a slght concern in the that these good deeds can backfire. The top US player for example is going to court to get the same pay as the male players in th US.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 19:43]

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 19:48 - Mar 29 with 867 viewsBoundy

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 19:38 - Mar 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I have a slght concern in the that these good deeds can backfire. The top US player for example is going to court to get the same pay as the male players in th US.

Are our women full time professional ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 20:33 - Mar 29 with 853 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 19:38 - Mar 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Footballers all get different pay according to ability, I'm not sure she can make a winning case.
Maybe she'll have to play in a mens game to see if she's good enough?

On the other hand there's the commercial aspect, does womens football bring in the money to pay those wages?

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 15:05 - Mar 30 with 768 viewsshaggyrogers

The Welsh womens premier league is an amateur league so none get any payment.
Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 13:38 - Mar 31 with 714 viewswhiterock

They represent the club and the city, obviously not as high profile as some teams in the English pyramid but as usual, the FAW are holding them back, the league is won either by us or Cardiff Met each year (a bit like Celtic/Rangers), Swans ladies want to join the English set up, even in the lower leagues with the hope of pushing on. They were paying subs up until a few years back but now get gift of kit and a small retainer so subs are a thing of the past.
Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:45 - Mar 31 with 705 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 15:05 - Mar 30 by shaggyrogers

The Welsh womens premier league is an amateur league so none get any payment.

They said that about Rugby Union at one time 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:58 - Mar 31 with 699 viewsCatullus

I had a thought about this, what if she wins? What if the court says they must pay the same as the men and womens football went bankrupt and out of business because of her?

The law of unintended consequences may apply!

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 23:13 - Mar 31 with 659 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:58 - Mar 31 by Catullus

I had a thought about this, what if she wins? What if the court says they must pay the same as the men and womens football went bankrupt and out of business because of her?

The law of unintended consequences may apply!

The national teams should pay the same.
Lead by example.

The cash into the women's game will flow.
Interesting if the FA should pay reparations for its 50 year ban on womens football.
That would help with levelling up a little.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 06:58 - Apr 1 with 627 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City Womens team how much does it cost? Who pays? on 14:45 - Mar 31 by KeithHaynes

They said that about Rugby Union at one time 😉

Boot money mun. Some went through 20 pairs a week.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024